Community > Posts By > Goingforasong

no photo
Wed 07/25/18 07:24 AM

It does exist in many people's minds, and in writings, and art, but outside of those places there is no proof of actual existence in the real world.

Bottom line it comes down to faith, but there is ample evidence of the existence of God.

If there is ample evidence for the existence of God then why doesn't everyone believe in God.If as you say the bottom line is that it comes down to faith then there isn't ample evidence.There may be circumstantial evidence which when coupled with faith will satisfy certain people.Even if one accepts that there is a God then whose version of God and what that God possibly requires of us does one accept.I notice that you are involved in several discussions with other believers and there seems to be more dissention than agreement about many things.One would think that after thousands of years of analysis that there would be more consensus among believers regarding the nuts and bolts and how the whole project fits together.It seems to me that many of your statements are very dogmatic and you provide very little evidence to support those statements.Whilst I accept that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence,lack of a better explanation is not evidence of the existence of God.

Just because there is ample evidence of the existence of God does not mean that everyone will believe.
Some people just don't want to believe for various reasons.

To exercise or place faith in God does not take away from His existence, in fact it magnifies His existence that much more.

God is not plural , for there is only one God.
He expects and requires the same from everyone according to His Word .
The basics in my opinion should be common sense regarding His commands and testament.

It wouldn't be wise to formulate an opinion about God or believers regarding a dating web site where people disagree about certain subjects regarding God and His Word.
From my experience in life in general many Christians are predominantly on the same page regarding God and His Word, from creation to the crucifixion of Christ and more importantly the resurrection of Christ and life eternal.

As far as you saying that I am dogmatic and provide little evidence for the existence of God shows you know very little about me because I have provided much evidence of the existence of God outside of plain common sense.
You must not have seen those posts.
However it is not my job to prove to you or anyone concerning the existence of God.
You will either believe or disbelieve, however one day all will believe and acknowledge God and will confess with the mouth The Lord Jesus Christ.

:heart:

You are correct in asserting that not everyone will believe based on evidence.We only have to look at the deniers of the holocaust to confirm that but as you say some people don't want to believe.However the vast majority accept the reality of the holocaust based on reasonable evidence.One wonders why the vast majority are not swayed by reasonable evidence regarding the existence of God.

"God is not plural for there is only one God" another dogmatic statement which denigrates the many believers in God who do not accept your God.

I agree the basics should be the same but in reality they are not.Christians and Muslims acknowledge the God of Abraham but are not on the same page about the crucifixion and resurrection or life eternal.As for the commandments supposedly written in stone,Christians can't even agree on those.
I also agree that it would be unwise to form an opinion on God based on what I have read here.However my opinion is based on sixty years of experience and is not even remotely influenced by anything I have read here.I am puzzled by your statement regarding provision of evidence outside of plain common sense.You may well have provided evidence for the existence of God in posts I have not read but I don't recall any posts that even attempted to provide such evidence but as I stated absence of evidence is not evidence of absence so those posts may exist.

I accept that it is not your job to prove to me regarding the existence of God but I assume that as part of the great commission,part of it would entail proving that your God exists in the first place.I don't accept that believing or disbelieving are the only options,there are many people who declare that there is not enough evidence for them to be confident about their choice.

Sir thank you for your response.

As I have stated before, common sense declares the existence of God.

God Himself has put His existence in your heart.

We are created in His likeness.

You can keep restating things as often as you wish but it doesn't alter anything if it is not true.If common sense declares the existence of God then a lot of people are lacking common sense.For me common sense says our very existence is extraordinary and there are many conflicting explanations for that phenomenon.Common sense by definition indicates general consensus.Common sense may say we don't have any definitive explanation for the existence of anything rather than nothing and may proffer God for want of a better answer but I don't see that as a reasonable answer.We really don't know is a more honest answer.
If God himself put awareness of His existence in my heart then He hasn't done a great job.
God has enough problems as things stand without further adding to his problems by saying he created me in His likeness,he needs to have a stern talk with His quality control people.

no photo
Mon 07/23/18 06:52 PM

I do send a personal E mail to them. I talk about there profile and how close do they want a person to be in mileage range and age range. I give them compliments always.

I don't understand you answer that Myhardtop has a sexual meaning? I run license plates with that name on Myhardtop. Have had it for 15 years and never has anyone ever said that.

If your response here is indicative of who you are then I can see why you have not had any response.Two people have taken the time to offer you sincere advice.You have ignored one and disputed the very apt advice of one of Mingles real ladies.Looking at your physique I wouldn't be in any rush to tell you what I think of you if I was within striking distance.Don't know where you have been hiding if you can't see the sexual connotations in your choice of name.You are not your car even if you think you are.If you are not prepared to listen to advice from well meaning people then why ask ?.

no photo
Mon 07/23/18 05:46 PM
Suddenly I see all those "I'll tell you later" in a different light,can't wait to flick through the next thousand profiles.It really irks me when I people type ect instead of etc.It really is only a three letter abbreviation and not that difficult to get right.Now if someone ticked all the boxes but happened to misspell ect,sorry I mean etc then I might be prepared to overlook the problem and not mention how much stress it caused.So I guess I'm being deceptive.I just hope she is not as sensitive to deceit as I am to the way she spells ect.I wonder why my computer keeps redlining the way I spell ect.flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 07/23/18 08:49 AM

From BigD9832

Actually, I am Christian.

I study the Scriptures in Ancient Greek and Hebrew.

So one might say I am closer to being a Christain than anyone you have probably meet.

However, this is not about the topic at hand.

So,if I study criminology that makes me a criminal.Interesting.

I would have thought studying Scripture might make you an expert in interpreting Scripture.Studying Scripture in Greek and Hebrew would indicate you are familiar with those languages and possibly capable of giving an accurate translation.Combined they should enable you to give a reasonably accurate interpretation of Scripture.However it doesn't make you a Christian anymore than studying criminology makes someone a criminal.

no photo
Mon 07/23/18 08:12 AM
I think God will lose his mind when he sees this.

no photo
Mon 07/23/18 08:08 AM

I consider myself average.

You must be mistaken because 80% of people consider themselves above average so you must be one of the other 20%.You are in the minority so you can't be average.flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 07/23/18 07:38 AM

You can keep your Skil Sher, and Black and Decker, and generic copies, nothing wrong with a Makita though. :wink: Lube is cheap, gloves protect from heat and cuts a bit, even a raincoat isn't out of the question in poor conditions, but I NEVER SHARE OR LEND OR BORROW. ill Never tried a Stihl. flowerforyou

Yes I've been badly cut by a SAW previously, one nearly cut my heart out, but I'm a fool and will not be put off. If handled with care, and maintained, they can do wonders. :thumbsup:

Of course no woman wants to believe she is average looking so I think the term will not take well, and I will remain dateless. pitchfork

But I think men wouldn't be too bothered by a similar acronym.
for instance I am an, Average looking Slim Single! tongue2

Sounds like the raincoat brigade might be your best bet and with proper exposure you might get a better response.:wink: At the very least you will get an instant reaction which might improve your prospects,that is if you can stand (to) the attention.Sorry my rubber (eraser to Americans) cannot delete the "(to)" for some reason :smile: . flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 07/23/18 02:33 AM

who wants to be renting after retirement .. it is better to get into the property market at a young adult if you can ....even if you do not live in the property and choose to rent or lease it outwaving

Who wants to do the maintenance on your aged property after retirement ?.Obviously you haven't reached retirement age yet Blondey.If you want to travel in retirement owning a property can be like a millstone around your neck.I agree that it it is better to get into the market at a young age,it is a wonderful way of forced saving for later and can provide a stable environment for a growing family.If you are fortunate your investment can be traded in to fund your retirement and you don't have to worry about people waiting for you to kick the bucket so they can enjoy the fruits of your labour :wink:.The country you live in can also have a significant bearing on your decision,depending on tax regimes,pension entitlements etc. To answer the question there is no definitive answer which is applicable to all situations.
Forgot to ask permission to leave.:tongue:

Maintaince is what the kids are for. :thinking: If the kids can't help, your house should be paid off. Paying for lawn maintaince during the summer shouldn't be a big deal. My neighbor is retired and he cuts his grass.

Sorry but maintenance is what you pay for having kids laugh Paying for lawn maintenance is not a problem,I have 6,000 lawn mowers working on it at the moment but someone needs to look after the mowers.I'm semi retired now, I only work 80 hours a week.:-)

no photo
Mon 07/23/18 01:52 AM
Edited by Goingforasong on Mon 07/23/18 02:31 AM

who wants to be renting after retirement .. it is better to get into the property market at a young adult if you can ....even if you do not live in the property and choose to rent or lease it outwaving

Who wants to do the maintenance on your aged property after retirement ?.Obviously you haven't reached retirement age yet Blondey.If you want to travel in retirement owning a property can be like a millstone around your neck.I agree that it it is better to get into the market at a young age,it is a wonderful way of forced saving for later and can provide a stable environment for a growing family.If you are fortunate your investment can be traded in to fund your retirement and you don't have to worry about people waiting for you to kick the bucket so they can enjoy the fruits of your labour :wink:.The country you live in can also have a significant bearing on your decision,depending on tax regimes,pension entitlements etc. To answer the question there is no definitive answer which is applicable to all situations.

Maintaince is what the kids are for. :thinking: If the kids can't help, your house should be paid off. Paying for lawn maintaince during the summer shouldn't be a big deal. My neighbor is retired and he cuts his grass.

Sorry but maintenance is what you pay for having kids laugh Paying for lawn maintenance is not a problem,I have 6,000 lawn mowers working on it at the moment but someone needs to look after the mowers.I'm semi retired I only work 80 hours a week.:-)

no photo
Mon 07/23/18 12:16 AM

Huh?

I agree with you.
Maybe he has a different definition of wrong,like I pressed the wrong button.

no photo
Sun 07/22/18 10:58 PM
Edited by Goingforasong on Sun 07/22/18 11:04 PM

no photo
Sun 07/22/18 08:02 AM

Its next Thursday folks, so start going your stuff in order. screw the diet.. doesn't matter. Go to church none stop thru Wednesday to get some last minute brownie point in.

See ya on the other side :)

Is that US time or Australian ?

Its U.S. time.. you know we are going to get whacked first.

I think you are a little confused,it is Monday in Australia now.We may have to call it end time.I'll let you know how it goes.

no photo
Sun 07/22/18 07:38 AM

Its next Thursday folks, so start going your stuff in order. screw the diet.. doesn't matter. Go to church none stop thru Wednesday to get some last minute brownie point in.

See ya on the other side :)

Is that US time or Australian ?

no photo
Sun 07/22/18 07:22 AM
Try your local Stihl dealer but be warned they are hot,need lots of lubrication,and are not very reliable.They can cut you to pieces if you don't treat them right and all your friends will ask if they can have a go especially if their own isn't up to speed.You are welcome.:wink: drinks

no photo
Sun 07/22/18 06:50 AM
Doing a search for women between 60 and 70, the United States produces 10,000 plus from a population of 300 million + .The same search in the Philippines produces 500 + from a population of 100 million +.It would appear that relatively,Mingle is more popular in the Philippines than in the US.This anomaly could be influenced by numerous factors.One huge difference I have observed is the percentage of Philippino women who claim to be widows (guesstimate 70%).There must be some cultural or social explanation for this.Moral of the story,if you want to reach retirement age,steer clear of Philippino women,they have a deadly effect on their men :wink: Please don't take offence at my attempted humour.I have many Philippino friends,they are the happiest,most caring and generous people one could wish to meet.Sadly two of them are youngish widows.

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 10:08 PM

What are you, besides 'just' a person?

A non-secret admirer of msharmony smitten

Oh!,I thought you were 'just' a Melmacian (or was Dalmatian ?) but you do have good taste :thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 03:26 PM

It does exist in many people's minds, and in writings, and art, but outside of those places there is no proof of actual existence in the real world.

Bottom line it comes down to faith, but there is ample evidence of the existence of God.

If there is ample evidence for the existence of God then why doesn't everyone believe in God.If as you say the bottom line is that it comes down to faith then there isn't ample evidence.There may be circumstantial evidence which when coupled with faith will satisfy certain people.Even if one accepts that there is a God then whose version of God and what that God possibly requires of us does one accept.I notice that you are involved in several discussions with other believers and there seems to be more dissention than agreement about many things.One would think that after thousands of years of analysis that there would be more consensus among believers regarding the nuts and bolts and how the whole project fits together.It seems to me that many of your statements are very dogmatic and you provide very little evidence to support those statements.Whilst I accept that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence,lack of a better explanation is not evidence of the existence of God.

Just because there is ample evidence of the existence of God does not mean that everyone will believe.
Some people just don't want to believe for various reasons.

To exercise or place faith in God does not take away from His existence, in fact it magnifies His existence that much more.

God is not plural , for there is only one God.
He expects and requires the same from everyone according to His Word .
The basics in my opinion should be common sense regarding His commands and testament.

It wouldn't be wise to formulate an opinion about God or believers regarding a dating web site where people disagree about certain subjects regarding God and His Word.
From my experience in life in general many Christians are predominantly on the same page regarding God and His Word, from creation to the crucifixion of Christ and more importantly the resurrection of Christ and life eternal.

As far as you saying that I am dogmatic and provide little evidence for the existence of God shows you know very little about me because I have provided much evidence of the existence of God outside of plain common sense.
You must not have seen those posts.
However it is not my job to prove to you or anyone concerning the existence of God.
You will either believe or disbelieve, however one day all will believe and acknowledge God and will confess with the mouth The Lord Jesus Christ.

:heart:

You are correct in asserting that not everyone will believe based on evidence.We only have to look at the deniers of the holocaust to confirm that but as you say some people don't want to believe.However the vast majority accept the reality of the holocaust based on reasonable evidence.One wonders why the vast majority are not swayed by reasonable evidence regarding the existence of God.

"God is not plural for there is only one God" another dogmatic statement which denigrates the many believers in God who do not accept your God.

I agree the basics should be the same but in reality they are not.Christians and Muslims acknowledge the God of Abraham but are not on the same page about the crucifixion and resurrection or life eternal.As for the commandments supposedly written in stone,Christians can't even agree on those.
I also agree that it would be wise to form an opinion on God based on what I have read here.However my opinion is based on sixty years of experience and is not even remotely influenced by anything I have read here.I am puzzled by your statement regarding provision of evidence outside of plain common sense.You may well have provided evidence for the existence of God in posts I have not read but I don't recall any posts that even attempted to provide such evidence but as I stated absence of evidence is not evidence of absence so those posts may exist.

I accept that it is not your job to prove to me regarding the existence of God but I assume that as part of the great commission,part of it would entail proving that your God exists in the first place.I don't accept that believing or disbelieving are the only options,there are many people who declare that there is not enough evidence for them to be confident about their choice.

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 12:06 PM

there is ample evidence of the existence of God.

When I was a kid, I used to think that all the presents on Christmas morning was evidence of the existence of Santa.

That's called bias confirmation :wink:

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 10:29 AM

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 09:08 AM

I am a symbiotic collection of groups of diversified specialist cells, each group adapted to do, or help, with a specific or a range of biological functions, enabling the whole to support several physically intangible entities, such as ego, attitude, language, culture, abstract thought, humour, discernment / discrimination, and love.
Besides that, I am just a weirdo hippy. laugh

Welcome to the race,please proceed to the starting gate. :wink: