Community > Posts By > Goingforasong

no photo
Wed 12/12/18 02:29 AM

Why are people who are in a relationship jealous at any level?

Let’s assume they have never cheated or been cheated on. Where does that emotion come from?

Sometimes jealousy can be confused with or combined with fear.Fear that the person you love might stop loving you.

So if your guy flirts with someone, he might stop loving you?

Yes.It is irrelevant whether there is any serious intent behind the flirting.The person who feels jealousy has no certainty about their partners intentions.The only certainty is the feeling of jealousy.

no photo
Tue 12/11/18 07:28 PM

Why are people who are in a relationship jealous at any level?

Let’s assume they have never cheated or been cheated on. Where does that emotion come from?

Sometimes jealousy can be confused with or combined with fear.Fear that the person you love might stop loving you.

no photo
Fri 11/30/18 06:17 PM
In my age bracket I'd worry if they were asking about my great grand children.

no photo
Mon 10/22/18 11:33 PM
She may be related to Eric Holguin :wink:

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 04:40 PM

God or God's only exists to those who believes in that.

What authority are you providing as a basis for this assertion ?

The answer is that there is a lack of evidence for any God existing to give authentic authority. The late Stephen Hawking said interesting comments ,quote :

"We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no God. No one created our universe, and no one directs our fate.“ This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful."“Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation. What I meant by ‘we would know the mind of God’ is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God, which there isn’t. I’m an atheist.”

Whilst I agree with the statement,"we are free to believe what we want",I do not accept that the assertion that "there is no God" is any simpler than saying, there is a God.The statement "there is probably no heaven or afterlife" is related to religious beliefs and doctrines.Even if there is a God that does not imply that there is an afterlife or a heaven.Abscence of evidence is not evidence of abscence.There are many who will assert that there is ample evidence of the existence of God.For some,science may offer a more convincing explanation but science is still looking for a more satisfactory explanation.

no photo
Sun 10/14/18 07:10 AM

God or God's only exists to those who believes in that.

What authority are you providing as a basis for this assertion ?

no photo
Sat 10/13/18 02:32 PM

How many of you have already bought your calendar for next year?
How many of you have already made plans for the next few years?
Many have or will.
Does anyone know they will be here tomorrow? Next month? Next year?
Does anyone have proof their existence will continue?
No. It's blind faith.

Whether people believe or not, God will still be there. Guiding the path of all.

Planning for the future is not based on blind faith.It is based on reasonable calculation.If you are in your twenties,it is reasonable to assume that you have another fifty years to live,based on average life expectancy.The fact that you may not reach that age does not alter the fact that the majority of people will.There is no proof that the sun will rise tomorrow but based on experience it is reasonable to assume that it will.It doesn't require blind faith whatsoever.There is no good reason to believe that you will cease to exist in the near future,in this scenario.Not to plan for that future would be foolish.I was under the impression that God allowed you to choose your own path.

It is not reasonable to assume anything. All we have, and are, is right at this moment.

God made life a mystery so we are urged to seek Him, The Truth.

You say "it is not reasonable to assume anything",based on the fact that the sun has risen roughly 12 hours after sunset,depending on your location,for quite some time I find it reasonable to assume it will continue to do so in the future.
You say "all we have and are is right at this moment".We all have a history and we are a product of our past experiences.Most of us have a future to look forward to.
If God made life a mystery then it would be reasonable to try and solve the mystery of life but who is urging us to seek Him ?
The topic asks if god exists but you assert "God made life a mystery",you are assuming the question has been answered.I doubt if there are many people who would question my assumption that the sun will rise tomorrow but there are many who would question your statement.Of course those who question your position could all be wrong and the sun might not rise tomorrow.My money is on the sun rising tomorrow.If my assumption is unreasonable and it turns out that I am wrong then we may find the answer to the mystery of life.

no photo
Sat 10/06/18 06:48 PM

I didn't know you could get a husband at Anazon.com.

You can't,Bezos is into bondage and slavery.He's got them all tied up.:wink:

no photo
Fri 09/21/18 06:25 AM

i met a very nice older woman at Starbucks coffin shop
we got along well...she had the mocha latte, i had espresso..

I hope you took here for a nice stroll in the local cemetery after meeting in the coffin shop.:wink:

no photo
Fri 09/07/18 06:00 AM

How many of you have already bought your calendar for next year?
How many of you have already made plans for the next few years?
Many have or will.
Does anyone know they will be here tomorrow? Next month? Next year?
Does anyone have proof their existence will continue?
No. It's blind faith.

Whether people believe or not, God will still be there. Guiding the path of all.

Planning for the future is not based on blind faith.It is based on reasonable calculation.If you are in your twenties,it is reasonable to assume that you have another fifty years to live,based on average life expectancy.The fact that you may not reach that age does not alter the fact that the majority of people will.There is no proof that the sun will rise tomorrow but based on experience it is reasonable to assume that it will.It doesn't require blind faith whatsoever.There is no good reason to believe that you will cease to exist in the near future,in this scenario.Not to plan for that future would be foolish.I was under the impression that God allowed you to choose your own path.

no photo
Sun 08/26/18 02:23 AM
I don't know if sex without marriage is a sin but a marriage without sex is no fun.So since many fun things are sinful then the answer is probably yes. :wink:

no photo
Thu 08/09/18 09:40 PM

BigD9832...I have found that *shockingly FEW* have actually read the Bible cover-to-cover...they just rely on what their "daddy/ the preacher" tells them.

Sad...so sad..

I have had discussions with supposedly devout Christians who are surprised some of the things they belive/ heard are not true/ not even *in* the Bible...

See also:
The supposed Christian people who marginalize those less fortunate/ the disadvantaged, and poor shame..when Jesus was all about ministering to the poor and marginalized..and had a lot of derogatroy things to say about rich people and those who wouldn't help others.

I dunno what Jesus *they* follow...but it ain't the same one *I* know...huh

How can you interpret what you have never read?

Use a text to speech app.:wink:

no photo
Tue 08/07/18 12:34 PM
You can expect your inbox to be bimbarded by bimbabble.drinks

no photo
Mon 08/06/18 07:24 AM
I get lots of requests.
Usually,to shut up.

no photo
Mon 08/06/18 07:14 AM

I think the feeling of security comes when you go into retirement with a home that is paid off. Most places reduce property tax for the elderly. If money is tight ins doesn't have to be paid.
I don't understand why people feel stressed about paying a mortgage but not rent. Unless they quit paying rent until evicted and move somewhere else without paying a couple months rent.
If money gets tight paying the mortgage people can move in with family until they get a new job, while renting the home to someone who can afford to pay for it.

It rarely comes down to a simple choice between rent or mortgage.It is all the other details that have been mentioned by various people in this topic that are the determining factors.Even amongst owners there would be significant differences as to why they choose to own rather than rent.Financial security means different things to different people.We often downplay some of the disadvantages of owning to justify our choice.I am still of the opinion I expressed on the first page of this topic that there is no definitive answer to this question,it is a matter of horses for courses.In fact msharmony asked for the pros and cons of renting v owning,not a decision,my bad.

no photo
Mon 08/06/18 05:26 AM

Townhouse are cheaper than single family homes without the maintaince. During the housing crash I saw newer 3br 2ba homes selling for $30,000. The payments tax and ins would be less than $400 a month. It's just taking the initiative to do better.

I wonder if the owners of those homes who sold their homes for $30,000 under duress would agree with your statement.They took the initiative and they didn't do better.

A lot of people bought homes for more than they could afford. I was looking to upgrade before the market crashed. I was speechless when the loan officer told me how much I was approved for. He said is that not enough? I knew I couldn't afford that much house. I put a new home on hold and kept saving. I would save $2000 and the price of the home I wanted had gone up by $5000. When the market crashed I had a nice down payment. Actually half of what the home cost. That home was in forecloser because the dad was on dope. Mom stayed with him working 2 jobs but lost everything.
Some people lost their jobs and had no emergency savings. Basically the were living beyond their means.
Some people just walked away because of not having any equity.
Some people bought homes pretending it was an investment and let their main home go. Banks stopped lending on investments.

There is an element of truth in all you say,however in general it just shows there is an element of risk involved in the decision to purchase.A risk some are not prepared to take despite the possibility of substantial long term gain.No one can predict the direction of the market with certainty.As we have seen,timing is very important and not just the timing relative to the market but in relation to your personal circumstances.For some people the security,freedom and peace of mind they feel renting is just as real as the security you personally feel as a result of your choices.Personally I agree with you that owning your own home is a much better proposition financially but it is not for everyone.

no photo
Mon 08/06/18 03:48 AM

Townhouse are cheaper than single family homes without the maintaince. During the housing crash I saw newer 3br 2ba homes selling for $30,000. The payments tax and ins would be less than $400 a month. It's just taking the initiative to do better.

I wonder if the owners of those homes who sold their homes for $30,000 under duress would agree with your statement.They took the initiative and they didn't do better.

no photo
Sun 08/05/18 08:24 PM

With a potential date ..

Ensure she is standing in front of a florist shop or sitting in a garden of roses ..

A french study claims flowers make women more receptive to romance .. and accepting a date . You don't even have to buy flowers just ensure she can see them laugh

http://psmag.com/.amp/social-justice/flowers-make-women-more-receptive-to-romance-29879

I wonder if this means there will be a release of floral underwear for men biggrin waving

Latest in French fashion trends.
I can see a lot of men walking down the street in their underwear,but I don't think it will catch on in colder countries.Maybe long johns are on the way back.Please don't try to twist the meaning of my post.:wink:

no photo
Thu 08/02/18 09:29 PM

Go to a senior citizens center. Volunteer, or in my town, they have a lunch 2 times a week. I'm serious about that.

If I only had lunch 2 times a week,guess I'd only be 20 Kg overweight :wink:

no photo
Wed 08/01/18 08:08 PM
If it mattered to me and I was in a serious relationship with a person of low IQ then obviously my IQ is lower than hers.