Community > Posts By > Goingforasong

no photo
Sat 11/16/19 01:40 AM

Science claims we are from Apes, and yet, Ape males will kill one another in a heartbeat!!

just like all other Species will!!

Men will kill in a heartbeat and with no justification other than "I wondered what it would be like to kill someone".No anger,no self defence,no striving for top dog.

I wonder what you are drinking today.For a man who claims to be intelligent and educated,this series of posts appears to me to be riddled with contradictions,non sequiturs and assumptions.In the past you have provided me with very adequate answers to queries and I appreciate the time and effort expended in researching those answers.Not only do I not accept some of the information provided in this series of posts but several of your comments seem to be at odds with your stated Biblical beliefs.

no photo
Fri 11/15/19 09:30 PM

When a guys age # is high, his wallet needs to be higher to be attractive -
Trump states "rich guys can do anything"

Old men and women are considered repulsive unless they are rich, a disgusting reality.

Holy cow! I don't think old people are considered repulsive.. but good thing I am rich noway drinker

I tend to agree with you mzrosie.You are more likely to get a repulsive twenty year old than a repulsive Septuagenarian.Of course age might cause me to be biased.

no photo
Fri 11/15/19 09:26 PM

I agreed with that and that's what i am looking for as well

So when was the last time you dated a 70 year old man ?

no photo
Thu 11/14/19 08:25 AM

if there are things biblical that you pondered about that never get address or dismissed as being metaphorically or a mistranslation of Hebrew text when the bible suggest otherwise or something you consider to have been a miracle that happen to you personally, then place it here and it will be investigated thoroughly and unbiasedly ..well at least by me

So what makes you think you are without bias ?
If you believe in God you are biased.
If you don't believe in God or miracles you are biased

no photo
Thu 11/14/19 04:45 AM
First post on this topic by me

"God either exists or does not exist.
If God exists and you believe in him your belief is true.
If he does not exist your belief is untrue.
What you believe has no bearing on the truth of the existence or non existence of God in reality".

Tom how do you deduce from this that I do not believe in God ?
I do not believe in the God of the Bible or the dogma preached by most religious groups.
However I do believe in a God as a prime mover who is eternal.
The numbers alone prove nothing.Even if everyone believed in a God it is still possible that everyone is wrong.At one stage almost everyone believed the earth was flat but they were all wrong.

no photo
Mon 11/11/19 05:56 AM

what most people don't fully get in concept, is that Believers in God are commanded to follow the laws of Government, which are not of God. that means however the government is structured, which includes Science, we are to follow and obey those Laws.

the only time we are to go against those Laws, are when they are designed to go against God.

Yeshua paid taxes and obeyed the Roman and Jewish Laws until they went against God.

that is what led to His Death.

but Science and Idealism designed to better humanity are not to be viewed as opposing, but rather as beneficial. it's when Science is focused upon its enemies more than finding new discoveries that we should be very leery of..

Yeshua paid taxes ? where does this revelation come from ?
Yeshua obeyed Roman and Jewish law,if this is the case then why was he accused of blasphemy by Caiaphas and executed by the Romans for sedition ?
The Jewish laws against blasphemy were not designed to go against God.
The laws against disturbing the peace were not designed for or against God.
Welcome back msharmony.I,for one, missed your input.

no photo
Wed 10/02/19 10:39 PM

yes god exist

Well that settles it folks,no need for further argument or discussion.The jury has decided in the affirmative.Case dismissed.drinks on the house.

no photo
Mon 09/30/19 11:25 PM
Who came up with this ridiculous statement "there is someone out there for everyone".It is a well accepted fact that there are many people who do not want "someone" in their lives.I think many of us would agree that there are people out there whom no sane person would have anything to do with in terms of having a relationship.Even if the statement was theoretically true,what use is it if "my someone" lives on the other side of the globe ?

no photo
Sun 09/29/19 03:37 PM
Agreed,relationships take a lot of work and when the statistics show the majority of marriages end in divorce is it worth the investment (pun intended) ?.In a world where instant gratification is the norm and almost everything is disposable we have lost our sense of values.We know what everything costs but we don't know what it is worth.

no photo
Sun 09/29/19 03:21 PM
Having read comments by many of the male American posters on here I get the impression that they are only prepared to allow themselves to be fleeced once.I'm not sure that there are figures to support your assumptions.From the mail I receive it seems that more than 90% of the women on here are scammers but of course they could be men masquerading as women.

no photo
Thu 09/26/19 10:51 AM
Thank you Jai for your many varied,positive and interesting posts since joining Mingle.Your contributions add to the enjoyment of many Forum users.
It is wonderful to see a man of 94 driven by a desire to still serve the community for humanitarian reasons rather than financial gain.I'm quite sure this is part of the reason he is still going strong at 94,long may it continue for him.
I prefer the word synergy as opposed to complementarity,it is easier to spell. drinks

no photo
Wed 09/25/19 07:43 AM
I thought the basis of the dark sucker theory was that there was one born every minute.:wink:

no photo
Thu 09/12/19 11:21 PM

If you know something, really feel it inside, do you need to 'prove' it to anyone?
The burner on the stove is red hot.
You know its hot.
You don't need to prove its hot.

The more you defend your belief, the less validity it has.
Its YOUR belief, why should it matter what anyone else believes?
Are y'all 'that' insecure?

However if by sharing your knowledge you can prevent someone from getting burned then surely it is worth sharing your knowledge.People who believe in the "saving power" of their God feel their "knowledge" is important enough to save you from burning in hell (pun intended) to warrant sharing that "knowledge".

I see you point.
By sharing my knowledge of the hot burner I might say "That is hot"
I might say "Don't touch it, it will burn your hand"

I don't lecture them on the laws of thermodynamics, quoting text from the supporting scientific papers. I don't delve into the medical encyclopedias and quote burn trama treatment procedures. I don't threaten them with afterlife damnation or promise them afterlife rewards.

Most important, when adult visitors come to my home and I am cooking on the stove I feel no need to warn them not to touch that hot burner. If they touch it anyway, lol, bad move on their part but I don't feel bad for them. While I might protect the little children, I don't break out books of text and accountings of lessons to them. I say, "stay away from the kitchen, I'm cooking".

Point taken Tom and as long as the tucker is good I'll sit patiently at the table and not encroach upon your kitchen :wink:

no photo
Thu 09/12/19 06:29 AM

YES I DO !!!

Would you like me to bow down before you ?:wink:

no photo
Thu 09/12/19 06:06 AM

If you know something, really feel it inside, do you need to 'prove' it to anyone?
The burner on the stove is red hot.
You know its hot.
You don't need to prove its hot.

The more you defend your belief, the less validity it has.
Its YOUR belief, why should it matter what anyone else believes?
Are y'all 'that' insecure?

However if by sharing your knowledge you can prevent someone from getting burned then surely it is worth sharing your knowledge.People who believe in the "saving power" of their God feel their "knowledge" is important enough to save you from burning in hell (pun intended) to warrant sharing that "knowledge".

no photo
Thu 09/12/19 05:52 AM

Those who make very long and detailed posts to 'defend' their beliefs are very insecure people.

My answer to the thread question has always been NO.

In theory, this thread should consist of one word answers - 'yes' or 'no'.

Those long and detailed interpretations are pointless and do not answer the question posed in this thread. They only lead to a discussion of the different types of god and the reasons why people have different beliefs. With all due respect, that sort of thing is boring.

I fail to see how you can legitimately draw your conclusion that "those who make very long and detailed posts to 'defend' their beliefs are very insecure people".On the contrary the fact that they are prepared to subject their belief to the scrutiny of others is indicative of their confidence in their belief.How many hundreds of words have you personally posted to answer the question in the negative.By your own reasoning you are the one with insecurities.I believe most people reading this thread don't want a yes or no answer.It is interesting to know why people hold their particular belief.

no photo
Wed 09/11/19 08:21 AM
Thank you "iam_resurrected" for providing the information requested.No doubt I will have questions when I have time to digest the content.

no photo
Mon 09/09/19 06:49 PM

Do you believe in God?

I assume that question is directed at me since my post precedes your question.Yes I believe in a God but I am quite certain that God bears little resemblance to your God.

no photo
Mon 09/09/19 08:17 AM

Religion wants you to believe that GOD of everything, everywhere, everywhen is focused on YOU and how you live your life?

Okay...

you are not religious however, you are interjecting your view onto something that has been improperly introduced and explained to all of humanity.

according to the Ancient Greeks writers around 30 to 75 A.D., there was an actual person called Yeshua (Jesus).

The Greeks claim this person did things that no one had seen, been accustomed to, or thought possible by giving us examples He healed the lepers (who had no medicine for their day), who made the blind to see (had no opticians back then for surgery), who raised people who were DEAD back to life (INCLUDING one who was dead in a tomb for 4 days (that is 1 day past the death watch where they watch in case the person was not actually dead but was still buried in the tomb).

Anyways, the Greeks go onto write about Yeshua's life, His Ministry, His purpose. They wrote about His wrongful accused death and even wrote about how even in Greece the sky became black and earthquakes erupted and the things we read in the Bible are specifically mentioned by the ATHEIST GREEKS.

They wrote He claimed He was God, He did these great things, He was killed and 2 Greek writers wrote He RESURRECTED like He had predicted.

Writers afterwards like Lucian continued writing another 200 years laters making the observation ... "STILL TO THIS DAY THE [[[CHRISTIANS]]] FOLLOW THE CRUCIFIED SAGE"...

so what is my point here:

1. Greeks wrote about Yeshua
2. they wrote about His miracles, ministry, purpose even instructing His followers to deny the Greco-Roman deities
3. they wrote He was accused of false accusations
4. they wrote He was crucified
5. they wrote about the sky turning eary pitch black and massive earthquakes took place the moment He died
6. they wrote He Resurrected just like He had predicted
7. they wrote He ascended back to Heaven

The Greeks VERIFY the Jews version of this person called Yeshua like we read in the Bible.

SO:

if this person YESHUA was actually real
if Yeshua actually did as we read in both the Ancient Greek writings and within what the Disciples and Paul wrote
if everything written was but just a FRACTION of the things Yeshua actually did and accomplished
if it ALL is word for word and 100% accurate from both Greek and Jew

that literally means YESHUA was actually GOD in human form!!

NOW:

if that is TRUE concerning Yeshua from both Greeks and Jews, then there is YOUR PROOF about God creating the Universe and everything with the intention of having contact with His own Creation...

if the Greeks and Jews are correct...these are non believing Greeks writing about what they were seeing, experiencing, hearing, witnessing concerning this Yeshua person...makes science, YOU, and several others in this thread alone full of .... and hot air!!

Could you name three of these ancient Greek writers from 30 to 75 A.D.
Can you be more specific about the references to Yeshua which was quite a common name in that era.You use a lot of "ifs" to support your position.

no photo
Mon 09/02/19 07:28 AM
When you copy and paste at least have the courtesy to acknowledge your source.

Audre Lorde’s “Uses of the Erotic”