Community > Posts By > Goingforasong

no photo
Sun 08/18/19 04:33 AM

That should be true for all believers but sadly there are some who get very particular about their own name and as we have seen get very worked about about the fact that different names exist for the same thing - and of course that their name is the only 'correct' name. As if there were not far more important things in life.

In the USA you call your vehicle an 'auto' short for automobile. In the UK we call the same thing by a different name - a 'car' short for carrriage. I've never seen anyone anywhere try to argue that one of those names is 'correct' and the other 'wrong'. Everyone accepts that the same thing has different names for different people.

I think Tom is saying that this should also be true for the God you believe in. Never mind what name you choose to use, the topic for this thread asks if there IS a God, or is NOT. So far we have discovered that some say yes and some say no and some waste vast amounts of time arguing off-topic about the correct name for this phenomenon.

I like 'Doofus' it's good. Better than the shop front I saw the other day which had the name, "The Redeemed Church Of God, Holy Ghost Zone". Do they REALLY believe that ANYONE will take that seriously?

For a man who believes God does not exist but have nothing to back up your belief, you spend a lot of time denigrating people who believe something other than you do.Do you not have more important things in your life ? or is it your goal in life to set people straight about how they should think ? You call yourself a gentleman,I see very little evidence of gentlemanly behaviour in your posts.Whereas people may use different terms to describe a mode of transport,they do not call a Ford a Volskwagon or a Mazda a Toyota,nor does someone whose name is James like to be called Arthur.

no photo
Fri 08/16/19 03:14 AM

Doesn't talk = communicate??

No,some people can talk all day and still say nothing let alone communicate anything worthwhile.

no photo
Wed 08/14/19 07:40 PM
I think Soufie scared him off, when he saw his balls were at risk he decided to quit while he was ahead.:wink:

no photo
Sun 08/11/19 08:55 PM
rofl rofl Love it.drinks

no photo
Sat 08/10/19 06:58 AM

I guess you did not hear, that GOD loosed satan to rule the world for 1000 years. HE cares, but he also is a man of His word, and I believe its difficult for him to watch. He has protected me over my life time many, many times, and just recently on this site he has saved me from scammers 4 of 4 people who contacted me were that , of evil itself. Pity

So when did the thousand years begin ? and what happens when the 1000 years ends ?

no photo
Sat 08/10/19 12:11 AM

add me

Just grab a couple of bucks son and run down to the grocery store.Problem solved.Next.

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 09:42 PM

You can prevent people contacting you beyond a distance that you set in your filters.

Should help in avoiding those you feel live too far away.

Why would you restrict people based on distance.That's descrimination.They are never too far away to come to my place.

Dude, everyone discriminates somehow when selecting a person to date.

If a man wants to be with a woman who is half way around the world, then he should do the traveling, not her.

Thought you would recognize tongue in cheek David.On a more serious note why is the onus on the man to travel,other than from a possible safety factor ? Would you expect a man with a nice home and a secure job to drop everything ?

You'd do better if you had a photo (unless you're real scary looking).

Appreciate the advice but then I'd worry that they just wanted me for my good looks :wink:

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 09:15 PM

You can prevent people contacting you beyond a distance that you set in your filters.

Why would you restrict people based on distance.That's descrimination.They are never too far away to come to my place.

Dude, everyone discriminates somehow when selecting a person to date.

If a man wants to be with a woman who is half way around the world, then he should do the traveling, not her.

Thought you would recognize tongue in cheek David.On a more serious note why is the onus on the man to travel,other than from a possible safety factor ? Would you expect a man with a nice home and a secure job to drop everything ?

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 12:43 AM

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 10:41 PM

I'm so sick of the woman who say they read your profile, but try to convince you that distance is no obstacle. Age and distance are just numbers. WTF. Local means local right.

Of course distance is no problem,provided you are the one prepared to travel.:wink:

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 04:49 AM

I've just thought of something. The US has the death penalty in some states. Yet it is also strongly religious (in some parts). And it has an army of people happy to go and murder people in another part of the world.

How do they square killing people with the biblical instruction of 'thou shalt not kill'? Seems that is a pretty clear instruction, but no doubt someone will attempt to explain why it is not as simple as that. There's always an 'interpretation' to explain away those situations in which the bible contradicts itself (there are many!) so I'll just get out some popcorn and sit back to enjoy the responses. Keep 'em coming! rofl

I believe the Bible states thou shalt not commit murder.There are instances where killing is lawful e.g. self defence.You are just as adamant in your denial of the existence of God as the Christian is in proclaiming God.I assume your denial is based on a lack of evidence but abscence of evidence is not evidence of abscence.If this is the case your "belief" is based on a belief.How is this different to a Christians belief.You also state you like the idea of The Church of Tom,but Tom states his Church is unique in its belief in God.I think he actually meant to say his God is unique,as most churches believe in a God, so belief in God is not unique.

no photo
Sun 08/04/19 03:12 AM

THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE BEING BORN THAN DYING.
Let that sink in...

I would be more concerned if there were more people dying than being born.At some stage there would be no one left.

no photo
Sun 07/14/19 01:48 AM
What's the problem ? The population has been increasing since day one.Nothing new.When we pass the tipping point more people will die because the earth cannot sustain the new numbers.We reach equilibrium.Life goes on.It's amazing how inventive we become when the chips are actually on the table.Now,keep your grubby little fingers away from my chips.

no photo
Sun 03/03/19 11:11 AM

Very well written. I do not see why some people have an axe to grind about religion anyway.

Do you see why religious people have an axe to grind about about non religious people ? It is not about religion but about the attempt by any person to imposition their beliefs on another person.Akin to people who want to believe the earth is flat or spherical.Or how about all the axe grinding between the various religions,can you explain that ?

no photo
Sun 03/03/19 08:10 AM
I'm all in favour of this. I'll give you your freedom of religion if you point me in the right direction for the free sex.

no photo
Thu 02/28/19 10:29 PM
Don't believe any of them Liz.All the men of your age are busy rocking with the 25 year old chicks who find us mature guys so appealing.drinks :wink:

no photo
Wed 02/27/19 06:27 AM

I'm pretty sure there are none in England and I'm sure it is still the rule in the Catholic Church that all priests, bishops and cardinals can only be male.

Can you name any of those you mention? Which country are they in?

There are hundreds of married Catholic priests in England who are accepted by Rome and were ordained when married.Google it.

no photo
Wed 02/27/19 05:24 AM

I think if people believe that bad things will happen if they don't follow someone's set of rules then they might well happen anyway!

I don't need any of that sort of thing. In my opinion it is man that created the 'God' concept, not the other way around. A bit like Santa Claus, it's quite a good way to teach kids how to behave and relate to other people, but just like Santa, you need to grow out of that thinking in order to become a mature adult.

I make my own decisions. Some of them go against things I've read here on other threads. My philosophy is enjoy it while you're here, but never ever harm any person, or animal. Simples - and easy to follow, without the worry that some priest might tell you off for doing something that in his opinion is wrong. All Catholic priests are male and unmarried. What does that tell you?

It tells me you are not aware that there are female catholic priests.There are also many married catholic priests.

no photo
Wed 02/27/19 05:14 AM

The ironic challenge of all of this kind of questioning and reasoning, to the person who seeks logical and rational answers, is that what conclusions you may come to, depend more on your base collection of inexplicable beliefs, than on factuality and careful use of logic.

What I discovered in my own questioning of such things many years ago, is that any answers one can arrive at, are direct results of the starting point one chooses.

If you begin with the assumption that stories such as the Tree Of Life are factual, one set of logical conclusions is possible. If you instead decide that the stories are allegories only, then another set of conclusions arise. If you decide that the stories are millennially muddled hand-downs, who's original truths have been lost in translation, then still more conclusions can be drawn.

It is not possible to be sure that any of those possible starting points is the correct one.

It is also possible, as some theologians have said, that NONE of the stories were ever really intended to be tested for truth. The goal was always to have them be cheerful self-contradictory mysteries, to teach the ultimate act of faith, which is to believe, despite being unable to KNOW.

The basic idea is that the religious leader responds to such questions by saying "of COURSE it makes no sense to YOU, you are only a finite human. Gods may not even USE reasoning, as understood by mere humans."

Excellent comment Igor. As usual,a logical well reasoned analysis of the subject matter.Thank you for significant contribution to making the forums more interesting.

no photo
Wed 02/20/19 03:02 AM

man goes to see doctor.when he enters docs room he lunges and punches the doc clean on the chi.doc staggers asking."why you punch me"??.man replies.cos you told my wife she has a cute vagina!NOOOO.replies the doc.i told her she has ACUTE ANGINA

I like it laugh Good start,keep them coming.