Community > Posts By > Goingforasong

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 09:02 AM

If you believe in a god, then he exists. If you do not believe in a god, then he doesn’t exist. So it depends who you ask.
This is a question where no Answer is right or wrong. Only what you yourself feel to be true counts here.
An atheist shouldn’t be forced to believe in a god, a theist shouldn’t be forced into not believing into a god.
Religion is personal.
I personally do not believe in a god. I’m happy with loving the people I care for around me. I don’t miss something in my life. And just like I’m not going to force someone into not believing into what they believe, I expect them to not force me to believe in what I do not believe in.

God either exists or does not exist.
If God exists and you believe in him your belief is true.
If he does not exist your belief is untrue.
What you believe has no bearing on the truth of the existence or non existence of God in reality.

God is not an objectivity.
It’s a subjectivity.
Religion is not a one-size-fits-all.
Some believe in a god, others don’t. You can’t force your believes on others.
Secularism exists since the 18th century. No reason to find out the wheel again.

I don't believe I mentioned anything about religion in my post.Nor did I mention anything about about my religious beliefs.I doubt if you can discern from my post whether I believe in God or not.

Your statements God is not an objectivity, (whatever that means) It's a subjectivity,imply God exists,since you cannot know anything about something that doesn't exist.God may exist in your mind just as Santa Claus exists in a childs mind but that subjective belief you have does not mean God exists anymore than the childs belief that Santa exists makes Santa real.

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 08:41 AM
What happened to your sense of humour mightymoe ?
The article does talk about mind reading and mind control in relation to conspiracies and in the light of all the current discussion regarding how Russia is exercising control over American voters I don't think I am that far off topic.

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 08:31 AM
The problem I see is, to be 'just' a person implies something inferior,in the sense that they just barely qualify as a person. Whereas being a complete person in reality is the pinnacle of achievement.

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 08:14 AM
Excerpt from mightymoe's post

" While those capabilities might fuel conspiracy theories about government mind-reading and mind-control, Emondi told Nextgov that won't be the case-scientists are only beginning to figure out how the brain's 100 billion neurons interact, so controlling those interactions is next to impossible".
Trump is way ahead of these guys,how else did he convince almost half of the population to vote for him ?

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 07:31 AM

Which nationality is most present in here?

There are only 3 people that actually participate on the forums.
Any forum, the entire internet.
They each have several profiles and severe multiple personality disorder.
Although many of the personalities claim to be from different parts of the world, they can't do fake accents online so have to rely on poor typing.

Are there any statistics?

Many.
They tend to be made up, though.

The man has a sense of humour drinks :thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 07/21/18 05:56 AM
Guessing: about 60% in the Forums are Americans.The other 40% is comprised of about 15 nationalities Canadian,British,Australian being the most prominent.

no photo
Thu 07/19/18 04:08 PM
Edited by Goingforasong on Thu 07/19/18 04:09 PM

Cold beer
Hot women
And no azzholes in my life

You would be in trouble if you didn't have at least one of each

no photo
Tue 07/17/18 11:12 PM

I find it amazing y'all are still beating this dead horse?

Nah !,they're just trying to rekindle the flames.

no photo
Tue 07/17/18 05:21 AM

be honest are you serious

Be honest, are you serious ?

Trump's most serious question to the world.

no photo
Mon 07/16/18 09:50 AM

If you believe in a god, then he exists. If you do not believe in a god, then he doesn’t exist. So it depends who you ask.
This is a question where no Answer is right or wrong. Only what you yourself feel to be true counts here.
An atheist shouldn’t be forced to believe in a god, a theist shouldn’t be forced into not believing into a god.
Religion is personal.
I personally do not believe in a god. I’m happy with loving the people I care for around me. I don’t miss something in my life. And just like I’m not going to force someone into not believing into what they believe, I expect them to not force me to believe in what I do not believe in.

God either exists or does not exist.
If God exists and you believe in him your belief is true.
If he does not exist your belief is untrue.
What you believe has no bearing on the truth of the existence or non existence of God in reality.

no photo
Mon 07/16/18 04:29 AM

One who judges , analyzes .
They are synonymous.

How about break up instead of cheating which will ultimately lead to breaking up.

This isnt rocket science for crying out loud.

Judging and analyzing are not synonymous.When one makes a judgement it is usually in the context of morality.Something is good or bad,right or wrong based on certain priciples.When one analyzes a situation the conclusion they reach is more about validity rather than morality.When I analyze your statement I look at its validity.If I determine it is invalid I am not making a moral judgment merely a statement of fact.Part of the problem is that most people use the word judge as if it is synonymous with analyse.This isn't rocket science,merely using words as they were intended to be used.

no photo
Sat 07/07/18 10:09 PM
I'm very partial to the Welsh accent and southern English counties.The only problem with Australians is they speak with their mouths closed.I'm told it's to keep them from swallowing too many flies.

no photo
Sat 06/30/18 07:19 PM
Knowing that there are some people who really care.
Knowing that I have made a worthwhile difference in someone's life.
Believing that I am a better person than I was ten years ago but sad that it took so long to commence that journey.

no photo
Fri 06/29/18 08:24 AM

[uote]

Obviously you have a very different understanding of the meaning of love.How can you claim to love someone or some ideal and then act in a senseless and violent manner ?

Except Im not acting in a senseless or violent manner, Im not advocating killing my enemies I hate.

Knowing who my enemies are that I hate has nothing do with who I love or ideals I love.

If you've read what I actually posted Ive made it clear from the get go, I dont go out of my way to harm them, I just dont care what happens to them.

There are many people I dislike or despise, Politically Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Justin Trudeau etc, I dont to want to see any harm to them , and if they met an untimely demise I would feel sad briefly.

But my enemies I hate like that one fellow the killed my goddaughter, or this Jailed Army colonel who raped and killed my assistant sister I do hate and if they met an untimely demise I wouldn't shed one tear.

NOT ONE TEAR.

I believe one can love and hate at the same time, but that is an individual thing not all individuals have the ability to do so.

Just because you cant , doesn't mean others cant.

That was my point.

No one has accused you of acting in a senseless or violent manner or even advocating such behaviour.My question was rhetorical not an accusation.What you have categorically stated is that love will not stop senseless violence.I do not agree with with that statement.What you believe you are capable of and assert that I am incapable of has little bearing on the validity of your statement.In my opinion Hate is the antithesis of Love and one cannot love and hate simultaneously,I may be wrong.

no photo
Thu 06/28/18 10:15 PM

except love didn't end world war 2, the cold war and the fight against terrorism

And love will certainly not stop senseless violence of innocent people.

Obviously you have a very different understanding of the meaning of love.How can you claim to love someone or some ideal and then act in a senseless and violent manner ?

no photo
Thu 06/28/18 06:12 PM

One can hate the evil but have compassion for the perpetrator.Sometimes there are mitigating circumstances.

a man that rapes and/or murders a child deserves zero compassion

there are no mitigating circumstances

It's difficult to have a discussion with someone who thinks he knows everything.

no photo
Thu 06/28/18 05:58 PM

What about perpetrators of evil?

apparently one is not suppose to hate perpetrators of evil.

One can hate the evil but have compassion for the perpetrator.Sometimes there are mitigating circumstances.

no photo
Wed 06/27/18 09:39 PM

For the one-billionth time; no response IS a response, it means NO THANKS

Go easy Motown,he has only been here a week and would only have seen "no response IS a response" fifty times.Some things take a while to sink in.Obviously the lack of responses makes the time feel much longer to him by a factor of 3 :wink:

no photo
Wed 06/27/18 06:18 PM
It's probably your maths that is off putting.Joined 23 June,stats over 3 weeks,today is June 28,either you are moving too fast or time flies when you are having fun.

no photo
Tue 06/26/18 10:33 PM
This topic has been running for almost six years.Despite explicit instructions being posted several times the question is still being asked.Yet even though the majority of people succeeded in uploading their photos,not one person had the courtesy to express their gratitude for the help extended.Sad reflection on our society.Kudos to those who still continue to offer advice.