Community > Posts By > Goingforasong

no photo
Fri 01/11/19 07:38 PM

Set the hook already troller!

I take it that means you are sceptical ?

no photo
Fri 01/11/19 06:17 PM

What in the world are they spraying >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0khstYDLA&list=PL5CA7174B78DA6900

Thank you for that URL.Very disturbing revelations.Glad I don't live in the United States.Interesting to hear reactions from other viewers of the video.

no photo
Sun 01/06/19 07:25 PM

if there is a god i think its time for him to come and kick people off his planet cause we sure are destroying it

I do agree with you that we are doing a terrible job of looking after our planet.However,why does God have to do anything to cover our mistakes.We have the capabilities to solve our own problems but don't have the resolve to do what is required.If you give someone a gift and they thrash it are you going to replace the gift ?

no photo
Sun 01/06/19 01:52 AM
My dilemma is not with God what people consider God to be,or The Big Bang or your interpretation of events but more with the answer to the question why there is something rather than nothing and the origin of that something.I'll have a cup of tea while you are resolving that one.As I have previously stated I do appreciate your significant contributions in these Forums.drinks

no photo
Sun 01/06/19 12:30 AM
The only problem I see with your explanation Tom, is where did the Universe,which is in this state of absolute zero come from ? Basically you are restating Newtons Laws and reaffirming the religious dogma that God is eternal.

no photo
Thu 01/03/19 07:49 PM
Perhaps the middle ground lies in the statement "the more we discover the more we realise how little we know".

no photo
Thu 12/27/18 06:58 PM

There is an old saying, "If it isn't broke don't fix it".The system may not be working to your liking but it is obviously working for some people.These are the people who have the power,money and influence to change things.Why would they want to change something that is working fine for them ? If you have a better system how is that going to affect your average Joe ? There will always be those who can outwit the system,so all a change will achieve is a different set of beneficiaries.Perhaps the devil we know is better than an unknown outcome.The system we are using may have it's weaknesses,inefficiencies and inequities but as you said "on a long enough timetable,the survival rate for anything is zero".Even on a very short timeline the survival rate for everyone (every individual) is zero.When the current system becomes broken enough,it too will disappear or morph into something more efficient.

there are a few other sayings

Sticking your head in the sand does not prevent the tide from coming in

all of that is to say that human kind will not reach a state of PERFECTION, but it is not a reason to not continue to try to do better.

so yeah, there will always be wrongs being committed and people being hurt, but we should not use that to excuse doing nothing about those wrongs that we can address.

I don't dispute anything you are saying nor am I saying that the current system is wonderful.I don't agree with Einstein's statement on the basis that even if there were no evil men the world is still a dangerous place to live in.If he is implying that evil men make the world a dangerous place and we fail to condemn them,that is a philosophical argument whereas the debate about the financial system is more of a practical debate.My criticism was directed more at the motivation of the OP criticising the system because it was not working for him.The reality is that despite all its flaws and inequities it appears,to me,to be working.If someone can come up with a system that is demonstrably better I'll be happy to support it.As you imply,it is the imperfection (greed) of men that is the basis for many of the problems so it requires a change in our value system rather than our financial system.The financial system will evolve to become more efficient but that does not mean it will be more equitable.I believe that despite all its flaws the current financial system has created an environment which has enabled huge advancement for humanity.It generally rewards the industrious,encourages efficiency and productivity.It may end up catastrophically,who knows ?

no photo
Wed 12/26/18 10:55 PM
There is an old saying, "If it isn't broke don't fix it".The system may not be working to your liking but it is obviously working for some people.These are the people who have the power,money and influence to change things.Why would they want to change something that is working fine for them ? If you have a better system how is that going to affect your average Joe ? There will always be those who can outwit the system,so all a change will achieve is a different set of beneficiaries.Perhaps the devil we know is better than an unknown outcome.The system we are using may have it's weaknesses,inefficiencies and inequities but as you said "on a long enough timetable,the survival rate for anything is zero".Even on a very short timeline the survival rate for everyone (every individual) is zero.When the current system becomes broken enough,it too will disappear or morph into something more efficient.

no photo
Wed 12/26/18 10:27 PM

Six men made major bank in the stock-fall of 1929. Most will NEVER know of this. The money trail has to be followed. Most don't care. Most will never look past the landscape in the fore-ground to see the dirty wall, and dirty happenings behind the scenes.

Yeah......eventually, the meek really will inherit the earth,..... but only,.....only after the bullies destroy it.

but.................... a balloon is good for the soul.

Good post.^
The globalists will never really win or ever be in complete charge, because they are only operating on the field of thought. Their methods are never the real truth, thus all we have left is a continuation of the process of evolving of humanity. Periods of (that is coming) oppression followed by periods of some freedom, followed by periods of more oppression, and so on. Yet always a bit better than the last time. I'm sure the serfs of today are much better off than the serfs of the past feudal system as experienced in England. It is the timeline of humanity trudging laboriously on the experience being experienced. The very progression of values most of us exist on.

Now that I don't milk cows anymore, I got more time for deep thinking. Looking at all past financial bubbles, one can see that they are created to be shorted. Same applies to the financial bubble we live in today. All balloons or tires will go flat over time. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone is zero.

no photo
Tue 12/25/18 05:00 AM

Wrestle with my dog over
Christmas dinner.

Who won ? If I don't get a response I'll make an educated guess.drinks

no photo
Sun 12/23/18 10:53 PM

From greeneyes 148

there are over 750 sins in the Catholic religion ( which I am), and I am sure I brake at least 20 of them just getting to work

Could you please supply a complete list,I feel as if I have missed out on a few and as they say, you only live once. winking drinks

no photo
Sun 12/23/18 05:16 AM

Hardworking people deserve to have a break..go out and unwind to places that can give us peace and relaxing moment with or without Companion..Busy people deserve a break over work.

What has that got to do with this:
What do you like most Mountain or Beach?

Are you wanting to start a debate or do you want to get the question answered, or -since your name is rather suggestive- are you looking for attention?

In case you can't make the connection let me rephrase it for you.At the end of a stressful work week how do you prefer to chill out ? Lazing on the beach or communing with nature in the mountains.English is not everyone's first language.Is there something wrong with seeking attention on a dating site ? Seeing as it is the season of good will,have a lovely Xmas.

no photo
Wed 12/19/18 11:19 PM

The actual phraseology in the passage is dependant on which translation you use. I believe the intent or the spirit of the text is saying that if you are married before God and you are in the spirit then the two flesh (husband and wife) shall become one. The marriage bed shall not be defiled meaning a husband and wife who have become one can do anything sexually with each other and it is blessed (not deviant) because they are joined not only physically but also spiritually. My interpretation.

I believe your interpretation is very close to what was intended but I don't claim to have any spiritual insight or biblical knowledge.:thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 12/19/18 11:15 PM

Just wading through biblical versus laugh laugh

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5

It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; ..that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, ..not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God;

As far as sex in marriage .. apparently a wife should submit to her husband !!! Could be kinky submission but if you look at the other biblical verses ...

..I am pretty sure anything other than starfish missionary sex is considered immoral or lewd .. it is ok to have the lights on and look upon each other's nakedness :wink: but you need to stay in control of your body (no premature explosions) laugh laugh if you have any lustful thoughts best you head to confession and repent

Your body is a temple and should never be defiled . ... screams of biblical vanilla !!!!

Was that versus a Freudian slip or an intended pun ?.Oh I forgot mistakes can be fatal in your profession.

no photo
Wed 12/19/18 09:13 PM

I don’t just want the icing"........

I WANT IT ALL

drool

A glutton for punishment ?drinks

no photo
Wed 12/19/18 08:14 PM

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Hebrews 13:4

What does the passage mean to you? Are Christians in marriage meant to have 'vanilla' intimacy? How pure is pure? If it is exclusive between the husband and wife, no third parties or such ... does a 'pure' bed refer to the exclusivity of the relations or how 'vanilla' those relations should be?

thoughts?

I doubt god used words such as vanilla to describe intimacy . Does the bible not define sexual immorality ??? Seems to be an oversight laugh laugh I thought the bible was quite explicit about sex , procreation., homosexuality , adultery etc. biggrin

It does,but ...... etc,etc,you know the story.Man (guided by his beguiling woman) will always find a way around such problems.winking Not everyone accepts what is in the bible.The passage quoted makes no reference to what is permitted or forbidden,however the context may give clearer understanding.I was under the impression God judged everybody,not just the adulterer and the sexually immoral so can't see the relevance of the statement here.Just to complicate things the term "marriage bed" has taken on a new meaning recently with the acceptance of gay marriage.There are those who will argue that marriage can only exist between a male and a female.what drinks

no photo
Wed 12/19/18 04:08 PM

Well, some people seek attention to boost their scratched and poor ego. Others think, if random strangers like their photo or posts on social media, they are something special. But as we say in Germany "The biggest coward is the one, who tries to be loved by everybody.

Sooo ... I don't need any attention or mass likes. I only want to share mutual sympathy and understanding and acceptance with a handful of people, who mean something to me.

Jealousy? I honestly never felt it. Dunno why though. I have loads to offer, but if that's not enough? Well, tough. I am not the one losing out :wink:

Whilst there is a connection between fear and jealousy it is not the same fear as is involved with courage or the lack of courage which some people label as fear.As for your statement that you are not the one losing out.In my opinion you have a very different perception of the situation to most people.At the end of the day when you are alone with all your "loads to offer" and no one is interested in what you are offering then YOU are the one who is losing out.Compare it to being at the market with an unlimited supply of fish.If no one wants fish you don't make a sale.You came to market to sell fish.No one is unhappy because they haven't got fish but you haven't made a sale.If what you are selling is not what people want,you are the loser.

Let's put it this way, I do not blame myself anymore for being single anymore. One day, there will be someone, who loves me the way I am. Someone who opens her heart for me.

Okay, I don't have a sixpack or a big car. I can be a sarcastic git as well. But does that make me ugly or unattractive? Those who put model like pics up, have their flaws as well.

You are moving the goalposts.Having a six pack or a big car or any other possession is not who you are.Attraction is in the heart of the beholder but if they are attracted to your possessions it is not you they are attracted to.We all have our flaws and quirky behaviours but that does not necessarily mean we are unlovable.Those who put model like pictures up are entitled to do that if that is what they believe will attract someone (provided it is their own picture) but the physical attraction is an attribute that will fade with time.It is the personal qualities that people possess that make them a suitable partner which is what most of us seek in the long term.The rest is just the icing on the cake.Some people will just want the icing.

no photo
Wed 12/19/18 10:37 AM

Well, some people seek attention to boost their scratched and poor ego. Others think, if random strangers like their photo or posts on social media, they are something special. But as we say in Germany "The biggest coward is the one, who tries to be loved by everybody.

Sooo ... I don't need any attention or mass likes. I only want to share mutual sympathy and understanding and acceptance with a handful of people, who mean something to me.

Jealousy? I honestly never felt it. Dunno why though. I have loads to offer, but if that's not enough? Well, tough. I am not the one losing out :wink:

Whilst there is a connection between fear and jealousy it is not the same fear as is involved with courage or the lack of courage which some people label as fear.As for your statement that you are not the one losing out.In my opinion you have a very different perception of the situation to most people.At the end of the day when you are alone with all your "loads to offer" and no one is interested in what you are offering then YOU are the one who is losing out.Compare it to being at the market with an unlimited supply of fish.If no one wants fish you don't make a sale.You came to market to sell fish.No one is unhappy because they haven't got fish but you haven't made a sale.If what you are selling is not what people want,you are the loser.

no photo
Sat 12/15/18 05:46 AM

I remember seeing a documentary about a girl or very young woman that had been killed. The murderer was in jail, had been for years.
The girls parents -I think around 60- had gotten in touch with the murderer and stayed in touch with him for years, if memory serves until he got released.
They showed both the parents and the murderer in the documentary, standing side by side, talking to the interviewer and each other, no ill feelings.
They had shown love for the man, they had truly forgiven him, and because of them the man had truly come to his senses and genuinely regretted his actions. If ever you'd seen a man who'd changed... not because of the correctional system but because he was given love by the parents of the very girl he'd robbed of her life.
It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Whilst this is a touching and heart warming story I don't believe it has anything to do with love.What the parents displayed is compassion and acceptance,very admirable qualities indeed in the circumstances.You are assuming many unverifiable facts in your analysis of the situation,as am I.The man may well have regretted his actions possibly because of the parents response but there are many other possible reasons.

no photo
Thu 12/13/18 09:43 PM
Yes I have noticed it is taking 500 ms longer to load a page, which if my calculations are correct and I open 120 pages a day I lose 1 minute.But I just wasted 2 minutes writing this note.Where can I apply for a refund ? A bit like when I ask what time is it in NY, it finds me 4,700 million results and it only took 0.9 seconds.By the time I have read the results I'll have to check what year it is.