Community > Posts By > WhiteSox0507

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 05:03 PM

I didn't mind getting my piercings or my tatt... but when it comes to medical procedures I am the biggest baby! I can't even watch them when it comes time for shots and blood tests!

laugh Yeah, I couldn't watch them sticking the needle in me either.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 04:56 PM
Doesn't like needles? lol. I had to get blood drawn on Tuesday and another needle stuck in my arm today for a test. Not fun.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Wed 12/19/07 09:39 PM

If these are supposed to be facts, why is there a question mark after every one of them?

Because the headline to the thread is "Did you know" so it is the form of a question, that all the facts are being stated.

laugh Touché

WhiteSox0507's photo
Wed 12/19/07 09:27 PM
If these are supposed to be facts, why is there a question mark after every one of them?

WhiteSox0507's photo
Wed 12/19/07 09:10 PM

GO CUBS!!

next year

laugh For you, it's always next year

WhiteSox0507's photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:12 PM

What rubs me the wrong way about the stuff mentioned here are the terms "pick up artist", "inner game" and "outer game". It comes across as being some kind of seminar on becoming a true "player", not a sincere way to improve yourself.

It's like the old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover". "Pick-up Artist" and "Game" make people think negatively because of what those terms are stereotyped to be. If it was called Venusian Artist and Inner Confidence, you might have a different perspective on it. I'm not going to sit here and defend this more because people have already made up their minds. When you first hear the terms, you are either interested by it or think it's foolish. Everybody has the right to their own opinion.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sun 12/16/07 09:37 PM

And for those who'd like to learn more about PUA methods, there is The Mystery Method by Mystery and The Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss (which comes out this Tuesday, Dec. 18th).

WhiteSox, is this the same Mystery that had a reality tv show a few months back where he trained guys that had trouble getting dates?

VH1's The Pick-Up Artist. Yep, that's the guy.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sun 12/16/07 09:33 PM
Sports are getting way to out of hand. It should go back to the old times where players had to work jobs in the winter to support their families. Getting that much money to play a game is ridiculous. Now the game is focused on home runs. That's why ball parks are smaller. I'd love to see baseball played the right way. Manufacturing runs by using fundamentals. Bunts, stolen bases, hit and runs, etc. That's what I love about the game.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sun 12/16/07 09:21 PM

Although I did laugh at what you said about Soccer and Basketball, according to you, the only "true" sport is football. Baseball isn't meant to be a contact sport, but it does happen such as railroading the catcher or breaking up a double play. And if you're going to call baseball players wussies, you should be calling football players wussies for wearing pads then. You should be a rugby fan since it's football without such extensive padding.

Hey WhiteSoxFan,
I agree with you. Hitting a baseball for a home run requires more hand-eye coordination than any other activity in any sport. Plus, strength. Also, to be a great player, you need '5 skills': running, hitting hard & often, throwing, fielding...unlike the other sports mentioned where just 1 or 2 of these may be enough. And, HangedMan wouldn't think baseball players were wussies if he got hit broadside with a 100 mph fastball from Joba Chamberlain. Problem with most baseball haters is that the game's too cerebral for them.

laugh I couldn't agree with you more.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sun 12/16/07 08:44 PM
Edited by WhiteSox0507 on Sun 12/16/07 08:46 PM
Whether or not you think PUA related things are stupid or helpful, might I suggest reading The Game by Neil Strauss. It's the true story of how Neil Strauss, aka Style, finds the PUA community and becomes heavily involved in it. It shows you how PUA techniques can help you and also the harm it can cause depending on how the person uses it. The ending is very fascinating, but I won't say it on here. 1) It'll ruin the ending for people who plan on reading it 2) It might just fuel the fire of those who ridicule PUA's. But I do highly recommend this book to everyone.

And for those who'd like to learn more about PUA methods, there is The Mystery Method by Mystery and The Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss (which comes out this Tuesday, Dec. 18th).

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/13/07 10:47 AM
Edited by WhiteSox0507 on Thu 12/13/07 10:48 AM
I'd rather the Sox beat teams that have their full starting lineups. And the Mitchell report might take out some good players. However, they deserve it if they were doing 'roids. They know it's illegal so they can pay the price for breaking the rules.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/13/07 12:23 AM
Jeff and Matt Hardy are my favorites. DX is pretty great too. I heard Jeff had a ladder match on the 15th anniversary show and I missed it. Is it true? If so, did he win?

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/13/07 12:19 AM
How did Angus Young never get mentioned in this thread yet? Anyway...Angus Young, Malcolm Young, Kyle Gass, Dave Grohl (amazing drummer as well), Geddy Lee (bassist), and Rudolf Schenker are all good too.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Tue 12/11/07 12:07 AM

Guess they are just missing out then.

That's the best way to look at it.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:54 PM
The plot wasn't as good as I was expecting, but watching 47 kill other hitmen was just awesome, haha.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Mon 12/10/07 10:46 PM

Im just really nervous...
I keep gettin told by my girlfriends friends and everything oh theyre gonna love you dont worry!!! And its just I dont wanna say or do the wrong thing and make them hate me..Also her parents are really picky about who she dates you know

Seriously, don't worry about it. Meeting the family is never a bad thing. Most of the time you'll find out you get along with them fairly well.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Mon 12/10/07 10:36 PM
The Bears were such a disappointment this year. I gave up on the season when I saw how bad the defense collapsed in the 4th quarter of the first game.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sat 12/08/07 03:58 PM
We, as humans, have prewired emotional circuitry that seeks acceptance from others. Being rejected is a huge blow to our self confidence, which is why so many people have approach anxiety. Inner game is about building self confidence. If you have high self confidence then you become numb to rejection. It just doesn't affect you.

We also have physiological responses when people approach us. If someone is walking towards you in a direct manner, your body tenses up a little. Basically, you go into a protective mode until you know there is no danger. You don't want to make somebody uncomfortable like that. The cold approach is a way to approach a group of people without triggering those responses. If they're comfortable, they won't thinking "What does this person want? When are they going to leave?". You just need to get past what PUA's call the social hook point. Once you are accepted into the group, then there's no problem. Have fun and enjoy your new friends. One of the hardest things to do in life is meeting new people. These techniques just make it easier.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Mon 12/03/07 03:13 PM

Not a lady, but what's up, neighbor? I lived in Tinley til I went in the army at 17, and now I live down in Elwood-just a few miles south of you. Been down here in deadwood almost 4 years now. Bremen.. ewww.. Better than TF, or Shephard, tho.. drinker drinker laugh

Hey, I went to Shepard, haha. And if by TF you mean Thornton Fractional, my brother went to T.F. North and my dad went to T.F. South, lol.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Mon 12/03/07 03:11 PM

The Day Game vs. Night Game is not about games....its about what you do with your life....PUA was trying to say, "get a life!!!"
Do something to develop your personality, your interests.....do something for you....partying & drinking is not a way to improve who you are.....find & develop some interests, whatever that might be.....Reading Books, Playing an Instrument, Exercising, Playing Sports....If you do interesting things you become a more interesting person....when you feel good about who you are, the relationships will come....no need to force the issue....:smile:

Well said