Community > Posts By > WhiteSox0507

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sun 12/23/07 07:11 PM
Kurt's death was a tragedy, but Nirvana's sound was very unique and it's sad we'll never hear anything new from them. However, the death of Nirvana led to Dave Grohl founding the Foo Fighters which are also a great band. Someone's life is more important than a new band, but since Kurt did pass away, we have to look at any positives there might be.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sun 12/23/07 06:13 PM

stop posting things thats not yours chief im starting to think you all talk. its more better to talk about your own experience than stuff from mystery. my game is natural

Well I can give you one of my experiences with peacock theory. Except it's not really peacock theory and I wasn't trying to do anything. I was at the mall in Spencers and this lovely lady walked over to me and started a conversation with me because I was wearing a United States Army t-shirt. So here's my advice...and I'm not even charging you for it...it's called the Army Attraction Theory. Girls dig guys in the armed forces. So get a shirt and act like you're in/about to join laugh laugh.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sun 12/23/07 10:41 AM

Well, someone mentioned it but I forgot who... i think it was an article on sosuave im not sure...

oh wait its right there in the venusian arts handbook.
Mystery said that u can justify your peacocking with direct demonstrations of preselection, which makes void of any potential insults.

and yeah, its important to be able to have the ability to bush off snickering remarks and stuff like that... which comes naturally with confidence and competence.

u may find yourself gaming a mixed set where the AFC guys are snickering and thinking you are some total tool or whatever, but ur actually attracting the females of the set and pumping buying temp. these AFCs cant even recognize the barrage of IOIs the girls are throwin at you haha

I left my book somewhere else so I wasn't able to thumb through it, lol. You're right though. It doesn't matter what you look like if you're the one attracting women. AFC's will just be jealous and peacocking is probably the only thing they can try to use against you. Still though, Mystery's peacocking is outrageous, but it works since he's a magician. Guys should only peacock enough to fit their style.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sun 12/23/07 09:37 AM
The male peacock spreads its colorful plumage to attract mates,

And thus, Peacock Theory was born laugh laugh

but at the same time this is maladaptive to its survival because predators can see it easier.

Of course, there's a downside to everything. mPUA's fail to mention how much you could be made fun of depending on how far you take peacocking. People shouldn't go crazy with it (like Mystery) unless they have high self-esteem to be able to brush it off.

I know this doesn't have much to do with your debate with Jistme, but I was bored :smile:

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sat 12/22/07 07:26 PM

I have problems meeting guys in person. I get really nervous around men I don't know, so I either ignore them or get very shy. Once I get to know a guy, I have no problem talking to them, but by then, they see me as a friend and nothing more.

Any words of advice on how to deal with this problem? I'm sick of falling for guys who have already decided to only be friends with me.

laugh Now you know how most guys are around women.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sat 12/22/07 12:41 AM

wanting to be closer... maybe i used the wrong word

laugh Slow down there buddy. You're trying a little too hard.

By the way, how's it going Kat? Long time no chat :wink:

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sat 12/22/07 12:32 AM

hey hey hey u gotta cite your sources. that's plagerism :tongue:
i know exactly where you got that from cuz ive got the same text laugh

laugh I didn't quote it word for word. In fact, I can't remember which book I read it in (although that same basic principle is talked about in all of them). But all of it is true. And I wouldn't have read it, or believed it if I hadn't found out about PUA's. Originally, I looked into it to get better with women. I won't deny that. Instead, it opened my eyes to the fact that it isn't about getting better with women. It's about becoming a better person. Some people might find it sad that I turned to "pick-up artists" to figure it out, but hey, at least I learned it one way or another.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Sat 12/22/07 12:20 AM

No. you did not say that the seduction phase improves ones self image... Unless I am severally misunderstanding though ~ You have repeatedly indicated that self improvement is found in self confidence, which is found by becoming comfortable with the seduction...which means.. performing in ways you are not accustomed to ~ that increase the odds of positive feedback in social settings.
Or something to that effect.

I don't mean to sound as though self confidence is found by being comfortable with seduction because it isn't. I was out with some friends the other night and my friend said "See that girl in the corner? Wouldn't it be cool to just go over there and start talking to her." So I asked him some questions about why he was afraid to go talk to her. He couldn't give me an answer. Men just have that fear of approaching women. Sure, he could use field tested lines and talk to her without being rejected, but that doesn't change his self confidence. Underneath, he'd still be the same insecure person. It just makes him less afraid to approach a woman. Self confidence has to come from a person being comfortable with themselves, not through routines. I apologize if I made it sound like anything different.

I'm saying: For most... That is simply putting the cart before the horse...
Self awareness builds honest confidence. The only way to achieve that is to be yourself in social settings. Without others viewpoint of your honest self.

Agreed. The key is to just let go of the insecurities one has based on other people's opinions. This is for everyone....when you look around a room, you're probably concerned about what others are thinking about you. Relax. They aren't judging you. The truth is, they are just as worried about what people think of them. Now this is a line PUA's can use in field to create an interesting conversation, but it can help with self confidence as well...."If you could do anything in this world without fear of failure, what would it be?". Everybody should ask themselves that question. And whatever the answer is, just do it. They want to do it, but fear of failure is preventing it and that leaves a person unfulfilled. Even if you do fail, you can at least say you tried... and that's a lot more than most people can say.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 11:49 PM

Limiting Belief: Seduction by method is a path towards self awareness.

There's a difference between self-improvement and seduction. I don't recall saying that the actual seduction phase improves ones self image. Building self confidence first leads to being able to attract the type of women you desire later.

No one knows exactly who/what they are. Including PUA's.

There are a select few that do know who they are. I agree though that the majority of us, PUA's included, don't.

Personally.. I do not know who I am.. However.. I am comfortable with that..and comfortable with me. Always open to learn as much as I can about me. Being me.. is not an excuse to not improve.. it is a path to self-improvement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're saying you are on a path to self-improvement by not improving. Yes? No?

Honestly, I'm getting tired of the arguing. Why can't we agree to disagree? We are entitled to our views, just as you are entitled to yours.

My view towards being a PUA is that it isn't solely directed towards picking up women as most people tend to assume. It's about building a lifestyle. Being a stong, confident person. Not everyone agrees with this method. And that's fine. We are just showing men something that is out there. Nobody is forcing it on you. Yet, you constantly criticize us. Does it make you feel like a bigger person for trying to tear apart someone's beliefs? I've tried the nice guy approach. It hasn't gotten me where I wanted to be, so I'm trying something new.

If you want to call PUA's players, at least consider this. Players are just out to get with as many women as possible. PUA's are men with options. They say "no" far more often than they say "yes". AFC's usually get obsessive over one girl because they have trouble attracting women. A lot of people, both men and women, stay in unhealthy relationships because of that fear of being alone. If you have options, you don't have to be afraid of ending a relationship that is not beneficial to either party involved.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 11:02 PM

I wouldn't say he obliterated the argument, that excerpt even says it works if you truly know yourself. So the advice is to get to know yourself and then be yourself.

Putting women on pedastals and supplicating yourself to them isn't being yourself, it's trying to be what you think they want you to be. Being yourself would be like treating them like any of your other friends, which I think it valid.

Well said. You're right, he did say it works if you truely know yourself. Obliterated was not the best word. I believe, however, that the men in this thread that have used the statement "I'm going to be myself" aren't truely themselves. They are the nice guys that put women up on pedastals. Very few people in this world know their true selves (myself included), they just think they do. Some of us are putting forth the effort to find what's buried inside. Others are content living their lives as they are now.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 10:37 PM

DUDE!!! I BOUGHT STYLE'S NEW RELEASE, RULES OF THE GAME, TOO!
haha nice
my nocturnal habits are preventing me from doing the missions tho laugh

laugh I'm surprised you even need to do the missions. When I read that section though I immediately thought of this thread and all the guys who keep saying "I'm just going to be myself and I'll find the right woman." Style just obliterated that argument.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 07:55 PM

im also not girly enough for another guy..

Wow, guys are idiots (I include myself in that category laugh )

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 07:15 PM

all sports

You live in Michigan? I'm guessing you're a Tigers fan then? ohwell laugh :smile:

nope red sox i was born in new england lol

That's even worse laugh. Congrats on the '07 world series though. The Red Sox and White Sox like to win in back to back years (1917/1918, 2004/2005) so the BoSox have given me hope for '08 :smile:

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 07:10 PM

all sports

You live in Michigan? I'm guessing you're a Tigers fan then? ohwell laugh :smile:

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 07:04 PM

awwwwww your so luckY!:cry:

*sobs* i want to taste those burgers lol
blah im sick of mcdonald's
big mac is nice
but i want something new!
and those looks so cool
also SONICS resturant i want to go there too
dat place has cool drinks and burgers too and stuff!
lol

you Americans have such cool stuff lmao
laugh laugh laugh :wink:

Don't boost our ego's too much, lol :smile:

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 07:03 PM

he blocked me on yahoo.. and another guy on here said i was like "one of the guys" b.c. i love sports..

Which sports?

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 06:57 PM

Here in Florida, we have Krystal burgers....kinda like WhiteCastles. Same concept. They are good, McD's way 2 greasy!!

I went to a Krystal's in Tennessee. To be honest, it looked like a cheap version of White Castle....and not very appetizing.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 06:55 PM
Yeah, they're kind of addicting. The last couple of times I've been there though I've gone with the chicken rings.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 05:23 PM

Of course the next argument is "Well ive been hurt a lot of times and I don't want to be hurt again". So do you want a cookie?

laugh laugh laugh I had a real response to this thread until I read that. Then I completely forgot what I was going to say.

WhiteSox0507's photo
Thu 12/20/07 05:18 PM
I thought this belonged here:

"A limiting belief is something that you believe about yourself, other people, or the world--and although it isn't actually true, the fact that you think it is holds you back from experience and success.

LIMITING BELIEF: All I have to do is "be myself," and eventually I'll meet the right woman who likes me for me.

REALITY: This works only if you know exactly who you are, what your strengths are, and how to convey them successfully. Most often, this statement is used as an excuse not to improve. What most of us present to the world isn't necessarily our true self. It's a combination of years of bad habits and fear-based behavior. Our real self lies buried beneath all the insecurities and inhibitions. So rather than being yourself, focus on discovering and permanently bringing to the surface your best self."