Community > Posts By > Bobzeaux

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 01/04/08 11:28 PM

we don't always have to say everything that pops into our little heads, now, do we?

Oh, oh, I see. We're supposed to offer opinions that AREN'T based on what we actually think and feel. My apologies. I forgot. My words may be unkind, but they're real. The op asked if I would date her, why or why not, and I SAID so. She's trying to gain some understanding here, not the frustrating and unconstructive "get back up on that horse" advice.

Don't lynch me for being honest.

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 01/04/08 10:06 PM
At only 19 years of age with no previous experience of living on your own with ANY room mate, there are going to be problems.

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 01/04/08 10:01 PM
I wouldn't date you because you've got 25 years on me, and I don't find you attractive. Of course inner beauty is what's supposed to be greatly appreciated, but there HAS to be some sort of physical attraction if you're looking for a relationship.

Sorry for sounding like an asshole, but you asked and I gave an honest answer.

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/24/07 09:50 PM
Edited by Bobzeaux on Sat 11/24/07 09:53 PM
Good God, and you all accused ME of having no sense of humor... :S

Look, if you've read anything ELSE that I've written in these boards, then you'll know that my situation sucks complete balls. Women feign some sort of interest in me, we start talking and things are going fine, then I never hear from them ever again without any sort of reason why. Everyone I talk to about this says that I'm not even allowed to be frustrated or angry at such an outcome. NOW I do something to make me feel better and to make the best out of a bad situation, and now you're telling me I shouldn't be doing THAT either?? It's not like I showed the girls THEMSELVES this movie. This was made just for ME, and hopefully anyone else who could at least identify with me and my situation, or just likes the off dark humor joke. Why should I not be allowed to do anything just for ME?

Thank you for at least SEEING what I was talking about and enjoying it for its humor, HillFolk and klc. You guys have my respect.

"you are using transference to put yourself and your proposed players in the flick"
Yeah, JibJab.com has movies that you can put pictures of yourself (or whoever you want!) directly into. Unfortunately, that was the scariest pic I could get at the moment. :P I wasn't permitted to use the likenesses of these two girls, but I never had any intent on showing EITHER of them. The last thing I need is a swat team busting my door down because they think I'm dangerous... *lol*

"Besides, if you are out for revenge on another because of what they did to you...wouldn't that put you in the original category you placed them??"
Psh... please, don't insult me. I'M not the one who's teasing girls into thinking that they've at long last found the guy of their dreams after so many years of inexplicable rejection, only to lose all contact without warning just because I like the feeling of bringing unneeded torment and confusion to the already infinitely baffled female gender.

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/24/07 01:15 PM
Blech... You didn't even look at what I was talking about, knoxman. :P

Do you want to make one featuring the girls who've senselessly ignored YOU, HillFolk? Come on, show us what you got! :D

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/24/07 03:43 AM
Hello, everyone. I was at JibJab.com tonight, and I found a perfectly normal, healthy way of dealing with women/men who have rejected you in the past. Check it out. :)

http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/3386736

This movie stars two women who talked with me for a long time and then stopped talking to me without any sort of conceivable reason, Shia laBeouf and Spencer Breslin because I think they're terrible actors and annoying as hell, and Tim Burton just because he's the only character who doesn't die. *lol*

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/17/07 07:36 PM
Oh come on, why SHOULDN'T an actor belong on the list just because of one character? If anything, the popularity of that single character should only ENHANCE the actor's status of a TV icon.

Put West and Rubens higher on that scale! *lol*

And where, pray tell, is Optimus Prime? HE belongs to be on the list as much as anyone.

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/17/07 07:33 PM
Can't handle the ending? What exactly do you mean? It's potent, sure, but why is it unbearable? :P

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/17/07 07:32 PM
Hitchhiker's Guide to the GALAXY, not the Universe. If just this one, single galaxy is as insane as that, I don't even want to THINK about the entire universe... O_O

Am I the only one who found the reception to the Hitchhiker's Guide movie amazing? Both fans and non-fans both loved it and hated it with a passion. *lol*

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/17/07 01:48 AM
The ONLY thing missing from this movie; no introduction with Rod Serling.

"Imagine if you will a man without a past. One George Bailey is about to see what his little town of Bedford Falls would be like if he were never born. A little town that could only exist... in the Twilight Zone." O_~

BUM BUM BUMMMMMM!!!

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/17/07 01:44 AM
Edited by Bobzeaux on Sat 11/17/07 01:44 AM
I find it sad how Jim Henson was the most proud of this than anything else he'd ever done, but it's not as widely appreciated as any of his other Muppet movies. :(

And yes, the 2 disc 25th anniversary edition kicks ass. *lol*

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/17/07 01:41 AM
I don't care how politically incorrect it is. If I'm walking by and I see someone wearing a yuletide sweater or see someone hanging up a string of Christmas lights on their roof, I'm going to wish them a Merry Christmas, damn it!

Can I get a witness?! *points out to the crowd*

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/17/07 01:37 AM
Yeah, you tell 'em, Jtevans. >:D

No margaritas for me, thanks. Just hook me up with a Newcastle and I'm good. *lol*

"dont need someone to tell me online how im acting"
Sorry if you took offense to my comment about your grammar and punctuation earlier btw, CaR. Again, this thread is supposed to be about clarification, and all I wanted was to figure out what you were telling me. :P

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 11/16/07 10:35 PM
"Half of the posts were tongue in cheek humour, and the other half, were enough to make a person nauseous."
And you think just READING them is bad enough. Some of us are LIVING them.... :P

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 11/16/07 10:34 PM
"I read the first 15 pages or so of this thread and I just couldn't take anymore. How pathetic."
If you want to express the idea that you're NOT pathetic, the least you could have done is sit through the entire thread like some of US have been doing.

"I looked at some of your ages and then understood why you act and write the way you do."
Funny. Most 22-year-old males wouldn't act/write like me. They'd either be out partying trying to sleep with as many chicks as possible, or they'd be off killing themselves in a state of horrible depression (speaking in shorthand or leet and in a lower degree of eloquence all the while).

I'm acknowledging that life is not easy, and the best experiences come out of overcoming obstacles. The entire point of this thread is to somehow gain some sort of insight as to how to overcome the most confusing and bewildering obstacle ever since the conception of human culture. Is trying to figure out how to appeal to women REALLY not worth talking about? The "just shut up and suck it up" attitude doesn't help anyone.

"Manners count, and from what I have witnessed in this day and age is that most of the younger generation don't even know what they are. Read these posts and it shows."
And despite that observation, kids all over the world are having sex at younger and younger ages, so what does THAT mean?

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 11/16/07 09:10 PM
Edited by Bobzeaux on Fri 11/16/07 09:10 PM
If a box of ASSORTED chocolates is like life, what could you call a box of chocolates that are all completely the same, I wonder? A bag of Crunch Bars? A box of Reese's cups? What are these, where know EXACTLY what you're going to get? O_o

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 11/16/07 09:08 PM
"bob i feel you no one grasps what you want to say"
Do YOU grasp what I want to say? I think you do, but I want to hear you say what you think it is I'm saying. It will make me feel good. <:)

"its like if you dont agree the whole jsh gang comes at you and says you are this and that."
And they ONLY gang up on me, it seems. I've noticed some other folks in here making remarks that could be considered grossly sexist, but true or not, they go complete ignored. :S

"within the first three seconds a woman decides i will have sex with him i will be friends or he doesnt have what it takes so if you keep trying to MAKE a woman like you it wont work"
So what the hell can be done in those crucial three seconds if "hi, how are you doing? :)" doesn't mean anything?

"They cant answer such a simple question, they dont know what they want, depends on the time and day of the week"
See, if I said that, they'd be out for blood. :P *lol*

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 11/16/07 04:39 PM
I quoted you, txmama. You don't mind, do you?

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 11/16/07 04:38 PM
"Or do you think it's not your problem at all and it is instead that every woman in the world has a problem?"
Yes. Yes I do. When men and women understand how men think and what they want, but neither men OR women understand how women think and what they want(and leaving it all up to the excuse of individualism), I think there's a problem there.

"All you can do is change your attitude about dating and women, think positively, present yourself positively, and let yourself fulfill your own positive prophecies instead of the negative ones."
My attitudes about dating and women are in a constant state of flux. Of course as I'm speaking to you, I don't have a lot of positive things to talk about. But I'm STILL throwing myself into the hunt because I believe that I'm only getting closer to that one girl who talks to me and wants to KEEP talking to me, and who WILL give me something positive to talk about from my romantic endeavors. Women wants guys who are positive and uplifting while talking to them, and that's just what I give them, especially the longer the conversation continues. If someone e-mails me, that puts me in a (not unnaturally) happy mood, and I can only assume that that happy mood is being translated back to them when I write them back. I'm happy, they're happy, we're all happy! :D

Then they stop e-mailing/calling me for reasons unknown and my happiness/positive scale is knocked down a notch or two. U_U

Bobzeaux's photo
Fri 11/16/07 03:07 PM
"how bout we kill this thread and let Bob have the last word?"
Yes, I know, I'm such an assh*le for actually responding to what people have to say, aren't I?

"You don't have to accept it. It just makes life more enjoyable if you 1. try to understand it or 2. failing to understand (like almost everyone), accept it and cope without being angry and cynical."
But you just said I don't HAVE to accept it. I'm making the effort to understand, but it's not clicking. The only way that I can think of to cope with it is just to ignore it altogether. It seems that you guys have a better method of coping with this frustrating confusion than I do. What do YOU do?

"So instead of checking to see if the sky is actually blue, you prefer to go out of your way to refute the existence of a personal experience to look and see if it's blue or not and criticize the analogy?"
No, I mean that I've had MUCH more experience seeing the sky in the color blue than any other color, so misswright's claim of me having a comeback to EVERYTHING that someone says doesn't hold up.

(And there's no point in pointing out how I have a comeback about my supposed comebacks for everything, I'm already ahead of you there..... :P *lol*)

"People are seeing you as angry. You are perceived as being angry. It's your choice whether you want to ignore that or learn something from the reality that that's what people are telling you."
No, people on these BOARDS are seeing me as angry. Nobody I talk to in real life or in e-mail sees me as angry. I'm not refuting the common perception of me in here, but it's like no one is paying attention to my reiteration that how I'm talking here is NOT how I talk to friends, family, or women I'm trying to connect with.

"Apparently she both LOVED talking to you and thought you were so learned and wise that she stopped talking to you? You are working hard to have to keep missing the points people are giving you feed-back with."
Yes. Can you tell me that you're seeing the inconsistencies in her behavior (and the behavior of too many OTHER girls)? I'm GETTING the points, but they just aren't especially helpful points.

"someone is giving you their time and help to understand what's going on - and you are more interested in missing the point with a response in direct contradiction. It's already been established you view everything with cynicism."
Hardly. If someone has a piece of advice that I think is helpful and constructive, I seriously consider it and try to take it to heart. Someone once advised me that I try to meet women in larger groups as opposed to individuals. To this, I had absolutely NOTHING TO SAY except "Really? Huh. Never thought about that. I'll give that a shot. :)" Granted, there haven't been too many opportunities that involved a group of young single ladies who are open to the prospect of meeting guys that presented themselves, but I'm not shrugging off that possibility as nonsensical or unfeasible. I think it might work, and as of yet, I have no reason to think otherwise.

As far as viewing EVERYTHING cynically, that's just not true.

"And no matter how you look at it, believing you *can* will at least give you a chance while believing it's hopeless gives you exactly zero chance unless someone takes pity on you."
Absolutely, and given my high number of female friends, I believe that I can manipulate them to like me too. How else could I go about with the idea that women have NO IDEA what they want if I wasn't completely positive in my own methods?

"Why would you go to talk to people with the same problems, in the same situation, with the same hopeless belief if you truly want to change things?"
Because I feel a better connection with folks who share in a similar plight. Chances are, SOMEONE'S going to know how to conquer that problem. I myself was once cursed with socially crippling shyness, but I've since managed to overcome it. If some other shy guy is seeking advice, he's going to get a LOT more insight from a fellow shy guy with steps on how to correct himself, not someone who's just naturally a social butterfly who has no idea what being shy is.

"The first step you pointed out is where all this started, but you've turned it into your last step."
No, the premise of this entire thread is a question that men haven't been able to answer for millenia. Now that txmama, a WOMAN of all people, has acknowledged where the problem lies, now we can take steps to try to figure out how to correct it. An alcoholic can't seek rehabilitation without first realizing that he/she HAS a problem at all, right?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6