Community > Posts By > Bobzeaux

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 04:06 PM
"So would it be safe to say confidence not arrogance.Does that sum it up ?"
In theory, but not quite. Walking the line between confidence and arrogance is a tricky one, but I'm still seeing too many guys who are PAINFULLY arrogant getting more than they deserve.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 04:00 PM
Are you talking about mannequins, or is "manikins" describing something else I just haven't heard about? Assuming that it's just a typo that you're talking about, you prefer hunks of plastic that have no life, no opinions or emotions, and no capability of treating you in any particular way whatsoever. Nope. Nothing wrong with THAT picture.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 03:38 PM
No, DO say it. What is it that you were going to say in response to me being both honest about how I feel as well as being an emotional challenge (since it's clear that you don't like what I'm saying right now). After all, that IS what women want, right? Guys who are honest and not just Yes-Men?

All I want in real life is a woman who doesn't see logic or reason in pursuing massive behavioral contradictions. Does that make my standards too high?

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 03:14 PM
"what they don't want a a conceited man which would mean they want a loving man"
Which is, logically, why they continue to pursue pricks, liars, and cheaters, right?

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 03:12 PM
What rules? Are you even READING this thread? Practically EVERYTHING that's being described here as what women "want" is grossly contradicting everything else.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 03:07 PM
If you're joking, you need to include a "J/K" in there somewhere.

The only thing I find offensive in this conversation is how nonsensical the "rules" have become.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 03:01 PM
"if a man is that way he doesn't need the love of a woman just the love of himself"
Conversely, how many people would tell you that you NEED to love yourself to the point where you don't need the love of a woman so that you won't come off as "desperate" when lady-ing?

"I love nice guys but very hard to trust them"
Why? Nice guys don't get chicks. Who do you think they're going to cheat on you with?

"So not that nice guys aren't good enough, just the pain they can cause is not worth it."
You're a stupid b*tch who's going to die alone with a pair of meat curtains because you decided to pursue the bad boys instead of taking a chance on someone who will treat you right. Skank.

There. I just played the part of the bad boy. Do you want to have sex with me now?

"Dont be afraid to show your feelings. We like attention."
You women have made me TERRIFIED to show my feelings because any slight inclination that I like someone more than a friend has caused her to want to lose all communication with me. Why?

"Honesty. Not to many people are honest anymore."
I'm as honest as they come. It's not MY fault that women see me as "just a friend" when I reveal my honesty to them.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 01:22 PM
"How many kids you have, how nice your house, car is how many times u have been married do you have a nice job please tell me im wrong someone."
I'm afraid you're REALLY wrong. If you have kids and have been married several times, you already KNOW how to get women.

"Want a man to BE A MAN. Not cowtow to every thing I say or want. course spoiling me doesn't hurt either .."
So you want a living contradiction? I'm sorry, but you can't have someone who spoils you who DOESN'T cowtow to everything you say or want. It's like wanting to be a hippie while still voting republican.

"CONFIDENCE. This is ultimately the one and only thing you should have to draw women to you."
Got it. It's not working.

"SOCIAL STATUS. A man with a high status is extremely important to women because women want to belong to the society that surrounds them. ...There will be a different definition for each woman"
That doesn't help anyone. If the idea of high status is really that open to interpretation, then what is there to shoot for?

"WARMTH AND HONESTY. It would be a good thing to ask, "How real are you?". What are your intentions? Women will see through you so you better straighten this out from the beginning if you want her to see you again.""
I'm as real as they get. It's not making me anymore sexually appealing.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 12:07 PM
"just be yourself. don'y worry about what other women want."
If being yourself was truly the key, then internet dating sites wouldn't even exist. Isn't being "yourself" part of the problem if countless millions of dollars are being spent on love/sex help books and behavioral modification seminars?

"I want someone my dad will like...Knows when to play and when to be serious.. One of a kind."
"girls usually know in the first ten minutes if they can date you, **** you, or just be firends with you."
That's not fair. How can you claim to determine who your dad will like, when the person will play or be serious, or is unique and one of a kind within 10 minutes of first meeting him?

"I want a best friend first and foremost."
Any advice on how to get OUT of the Friends Folder? Too many of us know how to be GREAT friends, but then the ladies don't ever want to treat us as anything else.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 02:49 AM

They didn't stress the ancient civilization that built the Transformers. That the Decepticons were the military branch of these machines and became self-aware and overthrew their creators. They also didn't tell how the Autobots were merely the construction robots, but also became self-aware with a sense of justice, that the Decepticons were wrong.

THANK YOU!!!! I don't think telling all the back story about the military branch VS. construction workers would be relative to the story that needed to be told, but there REALLY needed to be a stronger focus on the Cybertronian culture, that these robots were really thinking and feeling beings, not just bearers of mindless destruction.

I can live with him being a jet instead of a gun, but to be destroyed by that kid with the life-spark...noway

Seriously.... Optimus Prime, the wise and mighty leader of the Autobots is supposed to save the human and Autobot races, not some stupid little kid whose only thing on his mind is getting laid.

I bought the 2-disc DVD (which you couldn't rent ANYWHERE! >:S) in the hopes that watching all of the special features would help me improve my negative opinion about the movie, like I've done with some other movies I didn't like initially. It only made me hate the movie WORSE.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 02:42 AM
Ugh... The heavy metal used in TF: The Movie (86) was, for the most part, optimistic and uplifting. Now they've taken the movie's classic anthem by Lion and turned it into some sort of emo alternative schlock?

Well, I guess it's still better than the cheap Batman Begins re-hashing they used for the movie's "soundtrack". :S

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 02:38 AM
Am I the only one here who loved The Nightmare Before Christmas BEFORE it was popular, back when critics thought it was too scary for kids (I was only 8 when it first came out)? *lol*

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 02:34 AM
Best skit EVER; Plucky Duck auditioning for the role of Batman in Tim Burton's "Batman 37".

PLUCKY:
How was that, Tim-Timmo?

TIM BURTON:
Huh?... Oh, yeah, it was umm... It needs to be dark, yet absurd... more serious but, uhh... y'know, silly. Uhh, large, small, and gothic.

PLUCKY:
Oh. That... ~_~

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 02:29 AM
I honestly just don't understand it. What is so appealing about a movie where the title characters are grossly under-developed, the focus of the movie is on three irrelevant human-based subplots, the writing is just plain juvenile, and starring people who can't act backed up by people who CAN but never get the chance to? I've been probing the opinions of everyone who's expressed a positive opinion about the movie as to why they enjoyed it like they did, but the best answer they could come up with is that you need to just shut your brain off in order to enjoy it, to just accept it as a "summer blockbuster" and enjoy the explosions.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 11/15/07 12:15 AM
Starting a conversation is easy. You start off with any standard ice-breaker ("Hey, how are you doing today?" isn't a bad one), then find something in her profile that you yourself have an interest in and start talking about that.

Now, does this guarantee a response? Of course not. Why not? I wish I knew. :S

"I have a ton of mutual matches, but have never talked to half of them because I don't message them first, and if they don't message me, we just don't talk."
Doesn't that seem just a LITTLE bit counterproductive, Sweet_Dreams? You're in here for dating, yes? If you see a guy who catches your fancy, just go ahead and e-mail him! Why should you have to wait for him to e-mail you first? Maybe he figures you're out of his league and sees writing you would only be an act in futility. Who the hell are you to make men go through life thinking that way? :P

"Don't expect a response. When you do get a response don't expect further responses."
If you adopt this attitude, you may as well not even e-mail anyone in the first place. If you're not expecting them to mail you back, what reason do you have to have any sort of initial drive?

"You are more likely to meet someone at your local church function, bar, social event"
If that were true, you wouldn't even BE here. The "normal" methods of getting girls has (for whatever reason) failed you, and this is a medium where you can communicate more openly than you ever could face to face.

"I'm way better in person than in the virtual world."
Then why are you even here?

Bobzeaux's photo
Wed 11/14/07 11:13 AM
Can you guys help me shed some light on the phenomenon that was the reception of Michael Bay's Transformers movie? Before it came out, everyone thought it was going to suck. Right after it came out, no one could stop talking about how completely b*tching it was (despite being unable to express WHY they had that opinion). Now that it's out on DVD, more and more people are coming back to the original popular opinion that it sucked. I know that different people like different things, but what the hell happened here? :P

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/10/07 04:29 PM
"so what would work Bobzeaux or anyone else?"

Actually, "I'm very flattered, but you're just not my type" works rather well. Someone gave me that line, and while it was disappointing, it was still gratifying that she wasn't trying to insult my intelligence.

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/10/07 03:58 PM
Men see things in black & white. If they aren't ONE thing, they're the other.

If you only want guys for one-night stands, that's fine.
If you want the guys who are looking for deeper relationships but don't know how to cope with them, you need to fix some personal problem(s) about yourself.

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/10/07 03:55 PM
It's a bad statement. It's a way of saying "I don't think you're attractive enough", "I'm not THAT into you as a person", or some other reason to not want to be closer to someone while trying to be nice and not completely destroying their self esteem.

Doesn't exactly work, does it? :(

Bobzeaux's photo
Sat 11/10/07 02:44 PM
Hey, if you think it's your supposed ugliness that's ruining your chances with women, at least you have SOME idea about what the problem is (which can be changed with the right sort of effort applied to it). If I ask someone I know for advice about my appearance, the absolute WORST they'll tell me is that it's unusual, but NEVER ugly. They'll then say something about me shaving or cutting my hair to something more "normal", but I'm still getting compliments on how good my facial hair and long hair look, so wtf am I supposed to think? O_o

You're not ugly, but if you think you ARE, you need to do everything in your power to make yourself NOT ugly. Once you reach the point where you perceive yourself to be no longer ugly, then you'll be ready to take on the NEXT line of reasoning as to why women aren't attracted to you, whatever confusing thing that may be.