Community > Posts By > Bobzeaux

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 11:56 AM
I don't know what's happening in your Real Life, but for your eLife, I'd make a few modifications to your profile. You don't have anything on your interests or personality listed, and it could be that guys don't mail you (if that IS the problem) because you're not giving them something to try to connect with.

Now, if meeting guys isn't the issue and your problem lies in hanging onto them, I can't answer that. I don't know you enough to offer any sort of insight in that area. :P

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 11:53 AM
Well obviously I'm not going to keep writing women who don't keep contact with me. THAT is desperate for sure. :P

As for the Real World, people tell me I can meet anyone anywhere, and I like to take their word for it. I try make connections out there, and then my friends get all over my action because they think THAT is acting too desperate. So I can meet women anywhere in any situation (as any disciple of Mystery would tell you), except for the places that I go to? Ironically, the only place I try to avoid with the prospect of meeting women is the most successful; The Bar Scene. But let's be honest, who goes to a bar to find The Decent Guy? All the women there are either looking for a quick lay or they just like flaunting their goods. And to be perfectly frank, I'm insulted by the idea that I have to buy a woman alcohol in order to get her to talk to me. Is getting her liquored up the only way she can enjoy my company? (Making women like me is no problem whatsoever; only when the prospect of dating arises does she shut down. :S)

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 11:23 AM
Oh no, I'm doing everything in my power to keep the conversation going, be it answering questions or asking them.

As for getting numbers, sometimes I get one, sometimes I don't. Sometimes just offering her MY number is enough to scare her away (is giving/asking for a number too forward now? :S). Recently I got a girl's number and we had talked for a few days afterward, but then she never got back to me.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 11:10 AM
Alright, EVERY woman was bad wording on my part. :P I meant every woman who sounds interesting to me (which isn't a lot, given the limited number of available women in my area, and then people accuse me of being too picky :S). Only with these women I find interesting can I attempt to establish some sort of a connection with. I'll see something on their profile that corresponds with my own interests/philosophies, and try to relate to them with it/them.

Unfortunately, distance IS an issue. I drive for a living, and it's hard enough spending money on gas for my job without spending more on a luxury that people say I don't need but pursue me to get anyway. If she lives more than 25 miles away, sorry, but that's too much work. (Does that fall into the category of me not trying too hard, or not trying hard enough?)

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 10:55 AM
What I'm doing isn't whiny.

"WHY DON"T WOMEN WANNA GO OUT WITH MEEEEE???????? <XO"

THAT is whiny.

All I'm doing is trying to gain some insight as to what's going wrong here, and if there's anything that I can do to better the odds. I've already established that some women DO get back to me. Only after a few days of my optimistic mood never changing from the initial Hello does she suddenly stop talking to me. I wasn't whiny there, was I?

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 10:36 AM
"as for the chick she is sooo not worthy of you...brenda"
Aww, thanks. But with all of the women who've rejected me, I'm not sure how healthy it is to adopt the mentality that my reasons for singlehood simply stem from me being surrounded by mediocrity. *lol*

"quit tryign so hard"
You and everyone else on the planet says that, but what does that even mean? Everyone says to not try so hard, but they continue by saying that I should never give up and keep thinking positive. They say to not get discouraged with every "no" I get and tell me to keep pursuing as many women as possible (since, statistically speaking, the one who finally says "yes" is only getting closer, right?), but then they tell me that I can't pursue every woman I see/meet.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 10:27 AM
I try to personalize my messages to new women by relating to what's on her profile.

"Oh, you like Bliggedy-Blah? Bliggedy-Blah's one of MY favorite things too. :)"

Why am I never getting any responses?

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 10:25 AM
Of course there are men out there who don't play games. It's not OUR fault that we're being ignored.

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 10:21 AM
I can't keep trying. Once I go through all of the women in my area (which is never more than 40-50), that's all there is. :S

Yes, that's right, ladies. I e-mail everyone I can instead of just you. I'm sorry if that makes you feel less special, but that's what you get for ignoring a simple innocent "hello".

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 10/25/07 10:13 AM
I've got a really, REALLY difficult problem here. As if playing The Numbers Game (only 1 out of 10+ women I write ever gets back to me) wasn't frustrating enough, the 1 woman who DOES e-mail me back does so for about a week or so and then suddenly stops for no apparent reason whatsoever. In most cases she writes as much in her e-mails as I write her, divulging her exploits of the day, telling me what she's looking for in a guy, etc. Meanwhile, I'm making sure that I'm wearing My Confident Face(TM) and if I have anything negative to say about myself, I always make sure I'm doing it in a comical fashion (everyone I've sought out for advice thinks I'm being Mr. Pessimism, which is NEVER the case). I like talking to them, and they apparently like talking to me.

So why is it that everything's going great but then she'll just stop talking to me for no reason whatsoever?

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 09/14/06 12:49 AM
Wow. I just noticed... all the topics of conversation in here are ALL
about people asking if anyone lives near them. Guess I'm not alone in
my loneliness. *lol*

Bobzeaux's photo
Thu 09/14/06 12:45 AM
Hi everyone. First time joiner, first time poster. I just did a search
for singles in my area (southern California), and the only ONE match I
could find is all the way in Las Vegas. Are my search preferences
glitching, or is it just that NO ONE lives around me? :S

1 2 3 4 6 Next