Community > Posts By > Geniee

Geniee's photo
Mon 08/02/10 05:40 PM
Edited by Geniee on Mon 08/02/10 05:40 PM
If you're talking about a new couple who blow everything off to spend every waking second they can in the bedroom? smooched

Then yes, been there. bigsmile

It's great at the time, but eight months later, when you finally get your head out of the clouds, your life is a mess and all your friends hate you. :angry:

If that's not what you're talking about, then probably no. ohwell

Geniee's photo
Mon 08/02/10 04:57 PM
I don't IM at all. It's too hard to get off the darn things!

Geniee's photo
Mon 08/02/10 04:26 PM

I agree with everyone here who has stated that eating habits are a choice. I don’t force my opinions on anyone else. She ASKED me and I told her the truth…not even the whole truth, but the mild version.

By the time we were done talking, she had defended so many of the junk foods in her pantry, I wanted to tell her flat out….”well, if you already feel that all you eat is so healthy, why did you ask me to help?”

I’m guessing she wants to fit into my pant size, but is not ready to hear that all the things she loves to eat all the time are the reason she never will.

exactly. it's true. I need to lose about 10lbs or so myself and I just can't seem to make the commitment to giving up SNACKS argh...just be there to support ur friend. good of u to careflowerforyou
Oh, there’s no doubt I’ll support her, but I’m afraid I won’t be able to help her to get healthy on a diet of Twinkies and Doritos.

SHE has to decide if it’s a priority or not.

In order for any change to be effected over habit, it HAS to be that person’s priority. No one can set your priorities for you.

But that’s all I know for sure about trying to lose weight or get fit. I was raised on the lifestyle I lead, so it’s as easy for me to eat healthy as it is for others to eat hot dogs, if that’s what they are raised on. It would be just as difficult for me to start eating hot dogs and chips as others to eat my diet. So, I don’t imagine it’s easy, and know it’s not for everyone.

Geniee's photo
Sun 08/01/10 03:27 PM
I agree with everyone here who has stated that eating habits are a choice. I don’t force my opinions on anyone else. She ASKED me and I told her the truth…not even the whole truth, but the mild version.

By the time we were done talking, she had defended so many of the junk foods in her pantry, I wanted to tell her flat out….”well, if you already feel that all you eat is so healthy, why did you ask me to help?”

I’m guessing she wants to fit into my pant size, but is not ready to hear that all the things she loves to eat all the time are the reason she never will.

Geniee's photo
Sun 08/01/10 02:40 PM

I love junk food and healthy food. I'm 39 yrs old and can decide what to eat. If I am in denial about something....so be it. It's my denial and I will own it

I agree fully, but if you ask someone who eats healthy to show you how, why would you spend the consultation arguing and defending your food. Defend your taste or your choices...but the food will not change because you wish it to be healthier. :tongue:

Geniee's photo
Sat 07/31/10 10:17 AM
Edited by Geniee on Sat 07/31/10 10:18 AM
I suppose someone could take one or two comments in my profile as "don't message me ifs".

But I only added them after realizing how many people become personally offended if I don’t sign in for a few days in a row, and therefore have to wait for mail responses. I don’t deserve to be put down because I’m too busy to come to Mingle 2 for a few days, and I prefer not to be the spark of those inflicted with short fuses.

Maybe others are also just trying to protect themselves from bad experiences repeating themselves.

Geniee's photo
Sat 07/31/10 10:03 AM
Something stupid, like...Hi, I'm new here. :tongue: laugh

Geniee's photo
Sat 07/31/10 09:58 AM

I’ve heard it all now!

“Doritos are nutritious because the chips are made from corn.”

A friend of mine actually said this to me today …the same friend who had me over to advise her on healthier food choices.

We were going through her fridge and pantry, pulling all the junk food she (as I like to say), “keeps therefore she eats”, when she laid this line on me. Has she convinced herself that it’s true?

Why do people feel the need to justify their dietary choices? Why not just admit that Doritos are junk food, but they want to eat them, and intend to eat them anyway?

Your diet is your choice!

If you don't like your choice, does lying to yourself about it make you feel any better?

Geniee's photo
Sat 07/31/10 08:48 AM
Without going into a lot of phsycobabble...are you sure you're not her ideal father at this point in your relationship?

It would seem as though she is a little bird, and you are her nest. Little birds need to learn to build their own nests in order to survive adulthood.

I would step back and afford her the opportunity for some much needed learning experiences.

Geniee's photo
Thu 07/29/10 04:56 PM
Agreed. I don't need to know about Mel, Lindsay, OR Paris.ohwell

Geniee's photo
Thu 07/29/10 04:37 PM
Edited by Geniee on Thu 07/29/10 04:37 PM
Here's what I think, based on this summary information.

These are just some rambling thoughts.

You’ll have to decide if they apply, or if you agree with the theories behind them.

Guy number one is simply not ready for a relationship, because he doesn't know exactly what he wants. Don't take it so hard; in fact you can be flattered that he likes you enough to have tried to push himself forward, and be glad that he is being honest about his misgivings. It's probably just not time for him to be in a relationship. Me, I'd only WANT to be this one’s friend, since he's not boyfriend material right now.

Guy number two...the ex. You can't fault him for dating someone new once your relationship was over. But if he really wants to reconnect, I’d think he’d be eager to break it off with the new girlfriend to do so. And I’m not saying he’s not. “Breaking up is…”, after all, “…hard to do”, and may take some time for him to man-up and do it. He may not want to hurt her, but hopefully he’ll realize that he’s not doing the new girlfriend any real favor in continuing to dating her while he's thinking of you.

Or, he too, may not know what he really wants.

Geniee's photo
Wed 07/28/10 11:10 PM

To anyone who feels this is true...consider that you may be dating the wrong women. Just a thought.

Demographics don't lie:

http://profiles.nationalrelocation.com/Ohio/Bellefontaine/

Mario's pretty darned accurate for this county.

Sorry Joe, I don't think I'm understanding your point. You'll have to walk me through this. What are these stats supposed to be proving?

Did you notice the average household income as it compares to the median?
Still not seeing the correlation between household and median income and people dating for monetary benifit.

Average Household Income $5,290
Median Household Income $36,029

Survival in this county is primarily by way of redistribution of wealth.

I get you now that I see how you're looking at it. I look at these on a regular basis in my business, and we usually seek out the reasons for such seperations, since these types of stats are kind of week when viewing them from a marketing standpoint.

I have to say, that it doesn't seem to me that if weath is being redistributed in this particular town, they are not doing a very gernerous job of it if the average household income is just over 5K. Ouch!

Geniee's photo
Wed 07/28/10 10:40 PM

I've noticed some members who have been here a long time and post quite regularly in the forums. I'm curious if you also belong to other dating forums and how much time do you dedicate to online dating and friendships.
just type it...do you have a life?...lol

Not at all what I meant. I assumed that those who have been here a while have connections that make their visits more regular than....well, people like me.

In fact I'm jealous of people who spend a lot of time here, because THEY are probably not die hard workaholics. They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step, right? This site is good for me already, since that's the first time I've typed it out loud.

Geniee's photo
Wed 07/28/10 10:29 PM

For me. This is the only site that I am on. I have tried others. But they were too much of a pain in the ***. I love Mingle2 for the forums. I'm not really looking for anybody to date. I already have a woman that I have met on here 2 years ago. She is moving here in September. :banana: :banana:

That's terrific! Congrats! flowerforyou

Geniee's photo
Tue 07/27/10 11:05 PM
Sunbathing without a bathing suit...especially with a nice breeze coming off the ocean. happy

Geniee's photo
Tue 07/27/10 10:58 PM

To anyone who feels this is true...consider that you may be dating the wrong women. Just a thought.

Demographics don't lie:

Sorry Joe, I don't think I'm understanding your point. You'll have to walk me through this. What are these stats supposed to be proving?

Did you notice the average household income as it compares to the median?
Still not seeing the correlation between household and median income and people dating for monetary benifit.

Geniee's photo
Tue 07/27/10 10:45 PM
I think most of us tend to put our best foot forward at the beginning of a new relationship, but noone can keep that foot out there forever...eventually everyone has to blow their nose, right? Perfectly normal.

I believe the real obstacle is that you can't truely know how someone will react to different situations until they present themselves. In a few short months, what situations do a happy new couple encounter? Not many, so....you only know the carefree, happy side of a person for a while.

Geniee's photo
Tue 07/27/10 10:01 PM

Maybe this isn't as simple for men, I wouldn't know, since I'm not one...but a man who is hung up on money is easy enough to spot...and not date. Is it harder to tell with women?

Not when you have a checklist:

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

I never knew they used to be called morally insane.

I wonder if all financial security relationship seekers are sociopaths or if all sociopaths are financial security relationship seekers? :tongue:

Geniee's photo
Tue 07/27/10 09:50 PM

Demographics don't lie:

Geniee's photo
Tue 07/27/10 09:35 PM
Edited by Geniee on Tue 07/27/10 09:35 PM

It is difficult for a man to feel self confident when he feels inadeqate. Time after time we here women say "I love a confident man!" We are competive and feel that we need to be equal or better than the one we persue. Yet when we do this we loose perspective with the whole point in getting into a relationship in the first place, to be accepted and loved by another. When the other loves your money and/or your toys they are in a relationship with those things and not the person.

Right. Most women are attracted to men who are self confident, with or without money. If you happen to have money, I suppose you have to be careful not to date women who don't know the differnce between you and your money.

Maybe this isn't as simple for men, I wouldn't know, since I'm not one...but a man who is hung up on money is easy enough to spot...and not date. Is it harder to tell with women?

Previous 1 3 4