Community > Posts By > Starsailor2851

no photo
Fri 06/20/08 01:39 PM
"Barack Obama is the number one recipient of hedge fund money in the '08 campaign for president." - http://www.thenation.com/blogs/campaignmatters?bid=45&pid=241190

no photo
Fri 06/20/08 01:28 PM
Does the Obama camp pay you for being a posterboy on this site?

no photo
Fri 06/20/08 01:23 PM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Fri 06/20/08 01:25 PM

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Not to mention the Republicans blatantly take money from lobyists. The biggest problem with the Gov in the USA today is Corporate boought Politicians..

Damn Republicans!!grumble grumble

Barack takes money from lobbyists too. However, he lies by saying he doesn't, unlike many.

And, he takes money from the organization run by a multi-billionaire who made his fortune by breaking the bank of England. He now owns a place in the Ukraine government. He also has founded numerous extremely far left organizations who do political hitjobs and put out and will put out numerous hitjobs this election season. They are also one of the main reasons, as is Soros, why Obama has so much money in his camp.

no photo
Fri 06/20/08 11:32 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Fri 06/20/08 11:33 AM

U R elected, now get to work on your campaign promises...,
flowerforyou

Unlikely considering her campaign speech was plagiarized...lol

no photo
Fri 06/20/08 10:24 AM
From the same article:

Obama said: "But the public financing of presidential elections as it exists today is broken, and we face opponents who've become masters at gaming this broken system." - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080619/ap_on_el_pr/obama_money

You mean like MoveOn.org and George Soros who are going to throw everything they possibly can into the race to get you elected?

This campaign is going to get insanely expensive and outrageous. It's going to get real vicious.

no photo
Fri 06/20/08 10:16 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Fri 06/20/08 10:16 AM
A 2 year old though? Superkid?

That is an incredibly odd story.

no photo
Fri 06/20/08 10:14 AM
If you eat any type of meat from the local Chinese restaurant you are most likely eating rat or cat meat...lol, I'm really joking, but our town use to have cats that could often be seen roaming around town. A Chinese restaurant comes to town and you never see cats roaming about again. :wink:

no photo
Fri 06/20/08 10:11 AM
Doesn't make sense why he needs to use the money when MoveOn.org is going to funnel tens of millions into the campaign as is George Soros alone by funneling millions into his numerous organizations to campaign for Obama and attack Mccain.

And, funny thing is Obama said he is pulling out of public financing because there are going to be sooo many smear ads against him he will have to use all that money to counterattack. Come on.

The American Federation of State, Country, and Municipal Employees and MoveOn.org are just about to release a new attack ad on Mccain.

"In the spot, titled "Not Alex," a young mother -- her hair unkempt, perhaps from lying awake at night, worrying about the fate of her baby boy under a McCain presidency -- gushes over her son, then looks into the camera and asks McCain if he was counting on him when he said he would stay in Iraq for 100 years.

"Because if you were," she says, her voice cracking. "You can't have him."" - http://theunionnews.blogspot.com/2008/06/afscme-soros-scramble-political-cash.html

And, the begin of the general campaign attack ads begins.

no photo
Thu 06/19/08 10:00 AM

Muslims barred from picture at Obama event:

"Two Muslim women at Barack Obama's rally in Detroit Monday were barred from sitting behind the podium by campaign volunteers seeking to prevent the women's headscarves from appearing in photographs or on television with the candidate."

"I was coming to support him, and I felt like I was discriminated against by the very person who was supposed to be bringing this change, who I could really relate to," said Hebba Aref, a 25-year-old lawyer who lives in the Detroit suburb of Bloomfield Hills. "The message that I thought was delivered to us was that they do not want him associated with Muslims or Muslim supporters." - Full Politico Article: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11168.html

Very interesting CHANGE and HOPE.

Well, can you really blame him?

With conservative pundits saying he's really a Muslim in sheep's clothing and pointing out that his middle name is 'Hussein', next they'll be telling us that those women are Obama's 'other wives'.

Thank you Hiker for being the voice of reason and a pragmatist. If people weren't ignorant, this wouldn't have happened. Nor would it shock me if the whole thing was a ploy anyway. Childish games of this sort happen incessantly on both side of the aisle.

Here's a concept: Why don't we all wait until the meat of ths issues are discussed and then make up our minds based upon value systems. Making a decision to vote NOW is ridiculous until the platforms are more firmly etched.

Am I wrong? Is it better to vote like an ideologue?

I'd also like to point out that Barack was named in 1942 - way before Hussein was a name associated with macabre indecency and evil.

Hussein is a very common Muslim name, when I hear the name I know this. But, then again I am well studied. As well, Barack was called Barry by all his relatives until he went off to college and told them to call him Barack from then on out cause he wanted to get his African roots going.

no photo
Thu 06/19/08 09:59 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Thu 06/19/08 10:03 AM

Muslims barred from picture at Obama event:

"Two Muslim women at Barack Obama's rally in Detroit Monday were barred from sitting behind the podium by campaign volunteers seeking to prevent the women's headscarves from appearing in photographs or on television with the candidate."

"I was coming to support him, and I felt like I was discriminated against by the very person who was supposed to be bringing this change, who I could really relate to," said Hebba Aref, a 25-year-old lawyer who lives in the Detroit suburb of Bloomfield Hills. "The message that I thought was delivered to us was that they do not want him associated with Muslims or Muslim supporters." - Full Politico Article: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11168.html

Very interesting CHANGE and HOPE.

Well, can you really blame him?

With conservative pundits saying he's really a Muslim in sheep's clothing and pointing out that his middle name is 'Hussein', next they'll be telling us that those women are Obama's 'other wives'.

It was actually Democratic operatives of Hillary Clinton that first brought out all those things. He was Muslim till age 10 and it wasn't until he went to Illonois (EDIT, meant that in the first place, writing darn quick cause I'm leaving in a few moments) that he converted to Christianity so who knows what was inbetween then.

I thought Obama was all above this, could deflect any criticism though? Guess not, guess profiling is the name of the game. Typical politician.

Read her own words, the woman who was discriminated against. You can protect your messiah all you want, but he's a fraud through and through.

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 08:30 PM
As to Milesoftheusa who I am still waiting for a reply from, which I expected much sooner as finding a lie is so incredibly easy, I'm getting off the computer.

I don't know if you are still hunting for a site to copy and paste from or get your information from, but that might just be the case. Anyways, use the WMD thing. Bush lied about WMDs and yada yada.

I only need to say one thing. Do you know the definition of what a lie is? It is saying something that is false and having known it was false when you said it, putting it off as truth. Prove that was what was done. You can't, no one can yet, for if that were true Bush would have been impeached awhile ago for it.

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 08:30 PM
I do. That's why I'm so gosh darn evil with all my outdated, insane, and immoral opinions of a barbarian. drinker

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 08:25 PM
And, that the cameraman was in the wrong place at the wrong time and it makes me wonder why in the heck so many people would be hanging out on the border at that spot with a tank watching you.

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 08:23 PM

Have you seen the final footage filmed by the cameraman killed spider?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article3764160.ece

I have seen it quite awhile ago, right after it happened and I just watched it again. It tells no story besides war is horrible, brutal, and real. That's about it.

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 08:08 PM

they lie to your face.and we enjoy it.. Are you going to tell me u have not seen this administration look straight in the camera and lie and could care less what u thought.. u r nieve to say the least

george is being run.. he has a hard time making a complete sentence come out right

Tell me a shocking lie you can prove he said.

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 08:00 PM
drinker Oh yes, the Bush Administration who has had countless leaks to the press from all levels of it can keep the most shocking revelation, the worst attack on our country, a leak that would make the person rich and hero who leaked it, has somehow keep this one from coming out. It somehow sealed everything up. Real hush hush. Yeah, and I'm not really human either. drinker

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 07:56 PM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Wed 06/18/08 07:56 PM

The oil companies don t want you filling your car up with water they want it to be hydrogen gas or gasoline.drinker drinker

The Oil Companies WILL BECOME the suppliers of any energy we use for transport and we will still need massive amounts of oil for all the goods we use, the majority which have oil in them.

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 07:55 PM
Those darn dinosaurs and millions of other species over the span of the life of the Earth going extinct all because of unnatural disruptions in their ability to survive. Gosh darn them. So volcanoes, climate change, meteors, other animals are natural disruptions to survival of species but the rise and influence of man is unnatural and wrong? Okay, go worship Mother Gaia.

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 07:50 PM

And not destroy the environment.
Not eliminate Species from the face of the earth forever!

You are destroying the environment right now, wiping species off the face of the earth, you should be ashamed.

no photo
Wed 06/18/08 07:49 PM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Wed 06/18/08 07:49 PM

Why arent hydrogen powered cars avilable in the US?

Good question. Maybe we should ask the neo-con god Bush.

There you go, unsubstantiated rhetorical nonsense. I was hoping you would dive into such filth.

All the way back in April 2006 President Bush pushed for a huge alternative fuel search. Here is the html version since my adobe thing takes way too long to come up:
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:cSZYwYo6eK0J:biodiesel.org/resources/
pressreleases/gen/20060425_BushRFASummit.
pdf+Bush+calls+for+alternative+fuels&hl=en&ct=clnk&
cd=1&gl=us

Here is January 2007 from the NY Times: "Bush Seeks Vast, Mandatory Increase in Alternative Fuels and Greater Vehicle Efficiency" - http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/24/washington/24energy.html