Community > Posts By > jonlaw

jonlaw's photo
Sat 12/29/07 06:13 PM
"
Still a little confused, but now on whether that would make you a believer of the Jesus and God being one entity or am I still barking up the wrong tree with what you're trying to say beyond your opinion of God not having a skin color.....
"

This is a good question. This is just my belief. I for one do not believe in the trinity. I believe that God is a family. Their is God the Father and Jesus being the Word of God. I believe the Holy Spirit is the power of God.

In creation God said " Let Us make man in Our image" Ask yourself who was he talking to? John said in the bible "in the beginning was the Word (Christ) and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

The Holy Spirit is refered to in the bible as a helper it is the one that convicts us when being sinful.

I do not believe we go to heaven rather God will replenish the earth. In revelation John says I looked up and saw a new Jerusalem comming out of the heavens. If we were to go to heaven there would be no reason to look up, we do so because we aer on earth..

I do not want to make a long read so I hope this helps explain my point a bit better,

:smile: :smile: :smile:

jonlaw's photo
Sat 12/29/07 04:48 PM
"
Okay, jonlaw, I'm having a dense moment here and this means??????
"

That God is niether black or white and it was only for jesus mission on earth that he was any colour at all.:smile:

jonlaw's photo
Sat 12/29/07 04:33 PM
"

It is as you said the other day funches, He is the I AM. There is no describing Him. He is in all things and the creator of all things. That is what the Bible teaches us. We are not meant to describe God. Because what people of faith see is nonsense to everyone else. It is hog wash or "delusional fantasies". So there is really no sense in describing God. Because to man God makes no sense.

I said that "I Am" was the only quote that made sense in the bible ..but saying "I AM" can only prove the existence of yourself to youself and noone else

And see! That proves God is white and not black, for it says "I am who I am"... not "Is is who I is" :tongue: laugh (sorry had to tell that joke!)
"

The Bible says God is Spirit therefore not having colour. Jesus came as a Jew and they believed Him not so us Gentiles were grafted in the Vine which is Christ

I am what I am?...you only proved that God is popeye the sailor

jonlaw's photo
Sat 12/29/07 04:16 PM
"
One you can't refute the evidece that a man named jesus existed

Well, with regards to THAT Jesus, actually, yes you can... (jesus was an extremely common name at the time)

"While most scholars agree that Jesus existed, no physical evidence from the first century has ever been conclusively tied with his life."
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/10/21/jesus.box/index.html

There is more evidence to support that Cleopatra lived than there is evidence to support that Jesus lived.

The real kicker is that Cleopatra lived some 2,000 years before Jesus allegedly did.

Why also is there no evidence of Jesus within Roman records?
"

Could it be that the Romans were the ones that crucified Jesus and wanted the movement to end.

It didn,t work as all know else we wouln,t be having this conversation after all this time would we.

jonlaw's photo
Sat 12/29/07 03:48 PM
"
Jonlaw flowerforyou

"

Thanks a bunchblushing

jonlaw's photo
Sat 12/29/07 08:07 AM
"
If Adam and Eve had two sons but no daughters how did the world get populated?
"

yes it says they had two sons ,but it does not say they had two sons exclusively does it.

jonlaw's photo
Sat 12/29/07 08:02 AM
"
What...?
No takers?

Doesn't ANYONE want to defend the bible?

...Oh...I know. I've offended you.

Too bad.
"

I feel that it was three different authors account of what happend,not as you put it "a lie" I do not feel the bible needs defending thats Gods job. You can either choose to believe it or choose not to the choice is yours.

:tongue:

jonlaw's photo
Fri 12/28/07 07:48 AM

haha "swell". one doesnt see this word much. very nice.

"i haven't heard anyone use that word since the Brady days

laugh laugh laugh laugh
"

Its alot better than golly Wally on the Beaver show laugh

jonlaw's photo
Mon 12/24/07 04:19 PM
"

Like I have said and many others - you show me one person that regrows a limb and I will believe. Until then I think you are one lucky person.
"

Hey Rabbit.

You have a wonderful holiday and we will discuss things later. I love ya my friend and wish you the best in your investigations.:wink:

jonlaw's photo
Mon 12/24/07 11:39 AM
Edited by jonlaw on Mon 12/24/07 11:40 AM
"
Quote" I even take it a step farther, I think he may have started out as a con man, or a type of evangelist for money,(some type of show man) and that over time he started to buy into the message. So by the end of his life he was willing to die for these beliefs which had started out as a way to make money.Quote"

Wow sometimes Rabbit I think you do not even believe what you say. I find everywhere there is a thread about Christian view points there you are slamming it to me thats not debate ,but you are entitled to your opinion and I won.t slam or belittle you for it even if you name a teddybear Jesus

jonlaw's photo
Sat 12/22/07 01:43 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

jonlaw's photo
Fri 12/21/07 02:01 PM
There was an old boy named Merkin
Who was always jerin his gerkin
His mother said Merkin stop jerkin your girkin
your girkin for ferkin not jerkin

:smile: :smile: :smile:

jonlaw's photo
Tue 12/18/07 03:44 PM

oops made a mistake above will someone tell me how to quote and then unquote.

"i think you accidentally deleted the bracket after your "[/quote "
"

Thany you for the help

jonlaw's photo
Tue 12/18/07 01:12 PM
God says in the bible " the oracles( writings) of God are of the Jews" therefore the Jews observe saturday as the sabbath and God also says God is the same yesterday,today,and tomorrow.

Myself I have fell way short in my life of pleasing God thats why I am so grateful for the gift of forgivness through Jesus Christ. :smile:

jonlaw's photo
Tue 12/18/07 05:34 AM
Actually God did not create religin (excuse spelling) Man did.

God laid out the 10 commandments showing man how to live in love. First and foremost love towards God the first 4 commandments and the last 6 love towards man. God takes the rap from people who do not take responsibility for their own behaviour.

There are those to who would rather say than humans came from monkeys rather than a all powerfull God full of love and forgivness. Rabbit you have a family name but many members the same is with God.

I personally do not believe in the trinity rather I believe in God the Father and God the Son (Jesus) and I believe the Holy Spirit is the power of God

jonlaw's photo
Mon 12/17/07 06:35 PM
Hi and welcome jsh

jonlaw's photo
Mon 12/17/07 06:27 PM

jonlaw's photo
Mon 12/17/07 05:47 PM
Actually its the other way around. Science is still allowed their thearys at our public schools where its against the laws to hold prayer for those who wish.

On American currency does it not say "in God we Trust" that what America was founded on.

With the removel of God also comes the removal of His protection.

jonlaw's photo
Mon 12/17/07 05:23 PM

I am the farthest thing from negative. I give very short mmanswers and I am not even worked up when I respond. My side is so obviously correct that I feel sorry for you that have to defend it. The only reason that I came back in here is because kalamazoo kept putting in responses recently so I thought he wanted a reply. As far as repunzel goes I have never seen her before. She is asking questions that have been answered very many times in this very post by me. If you really had some interest in this topic you could read though before you asked things like why do I feel threatened by Christianity.
There are many reasons but Ill put a few, you are compelled to proselytize. This is very insulting to everyone. If your religion said live and let live there would be no problem. Since you are compelled to proselytize then I must work against that for the brothers and sisters in reason. Second Christianity feels a need to fight science for some reason. Science just goes along looking for truth. It doesn't go along looking for believers it draws in believers because of its truths. I think that Christianity should learn something from that not fight it. The damage that is done to science alone is astronomical and you probably can't put a dollar number on it.

No insult taken here Captin and in return I will be thinking for you

jonlaw's photo
Sun 12/16/07 09:57 PM
Hi Sea

Welcome to jsh look foward to your posts.flowerforyou