Community > Posts By > jonlaw

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/16/08 08:56 AM
"
Hi there -- I'm a friend of Bill W. and have been happily sober for 15-1/2 years.:heart:

After 24 yrs of alcohol I was brought to my knees on April 1, 1992 and checked into a detox for both alcohol and drug addiction. Since that April night in 1992 it's been 1 day at a time for me and without the help of the God in my life today, I would be dead.

If you ever need a friend, you found one here. Best to you.

A Sister in Sobriety
Twitch :heart:
"

Hi Twitch thank-you and same to you if ever you need a friend who understand feel free to email me. Wow 16 years you are becomming a fire hazard lol. Take care hun

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/16/08 08:50 AM
"
God Bless you all, and stay strong!!!
"

Thank -you

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/16/08 08:48 AM
"
I belong to Nar-Anon. We can email privately about it, if you want. I also attend NA mtgs. with a friend because of their anxieties. I have also worked as an OT at a dual diagnosis rehab.
[/quote"

Thank you I would like that I will e-mailyou later on take special care.

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/16/08 08:46 AM
"

Hey good to see a fellow AA here. I have been sober for 18 months, and am actually starting school this year for Social Work! Thank you for the post!
"

Thank you Squiz and wishing you all the best in your recovery and with your studieshappy

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/16/08 08:37 AM
Hi: I would like to talk about addiction be it alcoholic ao drugs.

I myself grew up in a aloholic home and by the age of 2 I was hospitalized because of a skipping rope beating from my mother who was a alcoholic,she died by the age of 58.

I stuck the first needle in my arm at age 15 and became alcoholic by the age of 19. I continued to do drugs and alcohol off and on til about a little over 2 months ago and this time I really want to continue with my sobriety.

The book says "that probably no human power could have relieved my alcoholism but God could and would if He were sought.

This is why for me there is a God because I have seen many miracles along the way. I ended up getting my social work degree and have worked in detox and before that I volunteered there cleaning rooms and socializing with other drunks.

So I would like to hear from anyone who wishes to post something with your views on this subject.

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/16/08 07:22 AM
"
Carrie Underwood is a complete moron.
"

Have to disagree with you there. There have been alot of artists who have benefited from AI.Thiis is American Idols sixth season must be others who like it also.

Guess if a person does not like it they have a remote to change it.

jonlaw's photo
Tue 01/15/08 10:41 AM
I have met some dear friends on this site. Sometimes you just have to stick around and let people know who you are.

All good things come to those who are willing to wait.happy

jonlaw's photo
Mon 01/14/08 02:16 PM
man I am so sorry to hear that. My prayers go out to his wife and children.

jonlaw's photo
Thu 01/10/08 07:03 AM

"
I am not trying to start a holy war my friend I am merely debating the things you have written since I do not agree with them.

If I offended you in any way I apoligize. That being said you were the one that says that faith is doubt and that goes to the very core of Christanity and it will cause a few feathers to ruffel.

I will try and tone it down and try not to offend anyone because that is not what I am about.

happy

...er..I'm going to assume you didn't read the explanation I just gave to Chazster ...you believers sure are touchy
"

Where am I being touchy anywhere. I was just saying where I disagreed with you on a certain topic. I hope you re read my post because I am not touchy at all. I thought I was being civil.

Maybe you are the touchy one my friend (no war intended):smile:

see there you go being toughy again
"

I just ca not see where I am touchy I value your opinion,but I have opions also I am sorry if I seem touchy because I sure do not feel that way.
"

...er..jonlaw I'm joking with you ...no need to get touchy....oops ..sorry

this reminds me of the abbott and costello routine..."who's on first" ..no who's on second what's on first
"

Lol never thought of it that way bigsmile

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/09/08 06:43 PM

"
I am not trying to start a holy war my friend I am merely debating the things you have written since I do not agree with them.

If I offended you in any way I apoligize. That being said you were the one that says that faith is doubt and that goes to the very core of Christanity and it will cause a few feathers to ruffel.

I will try and tone it down and try not to offend anyone because that is not what I am about.

happy

...er..I'm going to assume you didn't read the explanation I just gave to Chazster ...you believers sure are touchy
"

Where am I being touchy anywhere. I was just saying where I disagreed with you on a certain topic. I hope you re read my post because I am not touchy at all. I thought I was being civil.

see there you go being toughy again
"

I just ca not see where I am touchy I value your opinion,but I have opions also I am sorry if I seem touchy because I sure do not feel that way.

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/09/08 01:32 PM

"

happy

"

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/09/08 12:43 PM

"
No I didn,t say that at all I asked is my space was a site for teens.

I believe younger folks have knowledge of their years,but they also look to adults for guidance.

the thing about teens is that they will use the reasoning they learned in logic class and usually will limit their thinking within that realm and will start using words like subjective or objective or fallacy or try to get you into a debate about the definition of a word and when that don't work those little monsters start calling you every name but Jesus
"

Don,t I know that to be true having a 15 year old daughter myself.noway

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/09/08 12:32 PM

"
To me faith is the evidence of things not yet seen. As for the Bible thumping is this not a religious thread and there has been countless people in different threads regerating debate by saying there is no God or faith is for doubters and using my space to back up their claims is not my space for teens.laugh laugh

the bible thumping comment is a scientific quote ..for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction ...in others words... if someone complains about something you do then you get to complain back ......geez jonlaw why are trying to regenerate old posts to stir up an old holy war again
"

happy

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/09/08 12:26 PM
"
Most definitely answered that question. Thank you.
"

Thank youflowerforyou

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/09/08 12:17 PM

hey invisible kitty kat ..

Your punch line is getting boring, think of something new, you sound quite delusional to me.
"

funny if I sound delusional to you.. you resort to using that phrase ....also if my punch line is becoming boring so is looking at those fake avatar of yours and your bible thumping
"

To me faith is the evidence of things not yet seen. As for the Bible thumping is this not a religious thread and there has been countless people in different threads regerating debate by saying there is no God or faith is for doubters and using my space to back up their claims is not my space for teens.laugh laugh

"
jonlaw, do you by any chance believe lack of age lessens value of thought or view point?
"

No I didn,t say that at all I asked is my space was a site for teens.

I believe younger folks have knowledge of their years,but they also look to adults for guidance.

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/09/08 09:56 AM

hey invisible kitty kat ..

Your punch line is getting boring, think of something new, you sound quite delusional to me.
"

funny if I sound delusional to you.. you resort to using that phrase ....also if my punch line is becoming boring so is looking at those fake avatar of yours and your bible thumping
"

jonlaw's photo
Wed 01/09/08 09:39 AM

"
But what realy has me confused is how those buildings just collapsed as they did. I work with steel and it confounds me to no end that the support collums would collapse as they did as if they simply shatterd

WATCH THE UTUBE VIDEO...go ahead...its 79 min...IT WILL SHOW U CLOSE UPS of simultaneous blasts coming all the way down the building...ummm like demo...there are proffesionals on there who were quoted that made the building saying that jet engine fuel could not have possibly burned throu..there is so much stuff...go watch lol
"

Wow some of these people who print such garbage could teach Bin laden the propaganda machine . To even implie that the U.S. goverment murdered all those people is what the terriosts love, think about it.

jonlaw's photo
Sat 01/05/08 10:04 PM
"

"
God says in the bible " the oracles( writings) of God are of the Jews" therefore the Jews observe saturday as the sabbath and God also says God is the same yesterday,today,and tomorrow.

Myself I have fell way short in my life of pleasing God thats why I am so grateful for the gift of forgivness through Jesus Christ. :smile:

"We should be deeply grateful for the forgiveness we have through Jesus Christ. However, we should show that gratitude by our obedience to what He says, not just give Him lip service.""

The Bible says all have fell short of the glory of God and whoever says they haven,t is a liar.

I think one of the worst sins is that as self rightousness

Art

jonlaw's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:11 AM

Genuine questions here folks...

Okay, I'll play along.

What was the original sin?

The first sin. Adam's disobedience to God.

"
Why was it necessary to tempt Adam and Eve?
"

Why do you believe that God is the One that tempted Adam? The fact is that it was satan who tempted Adam God does not tempt with evil.

It wasn't.

Were they not perfect up until then?

Yes.

If God is omniscient, then he would have already known what their choice would be.

He did.

So then, he wanted sinful humans... or... he is not perfect in his creation?

No. What?

If he had wanted for humans to remain perfect why did he not allow them to remain so?...

Love.

There, there are your simple answers. But the problem is, you don't understand all the details of those answers. You didn't want long answer, which would have included the details to actually make the short answer make sense. All I can suggest is that you go to that site.

jonlaw's photo
Fri 01/04/08 09:50 PM
Wow little babies are not spiritual accountable til they are way older. The bible says use a sound mind and to sin one has to knowingly break one of the Ten commandments. The bible is clear on this its says without the Ten commandments we would not know sin :smile: