Community > Posts By > Tom4Uhere

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 02/08/22 08:12 AM
Edited by Tom4Uhere on Tue 02/08/22 08:15 AM
Came across an interesting article on Marital Rape this morning on my news feed.
http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/02/08/1047588035/marital-rape-india
I don't actually read the articles, just the headlines:
Marital rape is still legal in India. A court decision could change that

This thread isn't really focusing on the NEWS article but the general idea of Marital Rape and how that can be/is, domestic/personal abuse.

1. How common is marital rape?
When I was married, sex was one of the best things in our lives. The idea of rape never came to mind.

Marital rape is a sensitive topic, difficult to measure anywhere, but even more so in India – where most sexual violence is believed to occur within families and goes unreported.

2. How many have ended their marriage over issues stemming from marital rape?

Some men call a 'marriage strike' to protest possible marital rape ban

3. Is it a 'right' to rape anyone? Do men in general believe marriage gives them the right to rape their spouses? How about women? Women can and do rape men.

Is it okay to rape if reproduction (building a family) is the reason?

How common is violent incest?

These subjects are as far away from 'normal' as they can get when I think about love and family.
Yet obviously, its common enough to be a social issue. Its difficult for me to get my head around this.
Sexual domestic violence was never part of my life.

Is having control over your sexual urges unique?
I find the whole concept appalling and twisted.

Y'all got anything to say on this subject?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 02/08/22 07:47 AM
Oh boy, I'm certainly no angel.
All I am is an opinionated, rational, realist.
I have a knack for being able to step away from inner delusion and see things from an 'outside' perspective.

My childhood was the polar opposite of what this thread focuses on.
I was basically ignored, left to my own devices, during my childhood. I was provided for and lectured when I made poor choices but never guided to make good decisions.

I left home (ran away) at the start of my senior year in high school. I chose to finish and get my diploma on my own. I chose to go to college on my own and my guidance counsellor helped my with the grants and loans. I chose to join the military.
When I married and started a family of my own, I chose to give my kids something I never had.

My rational clarity didn't really hit full force till I ended up disabled, divorced and alone. I've learned to avoid my common mistakes from gaining life wisdom.
No, I am certainly NOT an angel. Just an experienced person who tries to spread basic wisdom about life.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 02/08/22 01:22 AM
http://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/browse/monte-carlo

http://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/

http://www.mikesmontes.com/Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-SS_c_7.html

http://www.ecklers.com/history/chevrolet_montecarlo

Did a quick search for restoration parts/monte carlo.

You have a nice project going there. Gunna take some time...hope yer not in a hurry.

https://restorationpartssource.com/store/GM_Monte%20Carlo.htm

https://www.classicmuscle.com/monte-carlo-restoration-parts

https://collectorsautosupply.com/classic-car-parts/classic-chevrolet-parts/classic-monte-carlo-parts/

:thumbsup:

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 02/07/22 09:17 PM
Yes, I chose to use child actors as the example but it extends to any number of fields.

The same concept is involved in a personal (non-social) example as well.

I'll try to explain...

Children are often put under pressure to continue family traditions and/or religious traditions.
Sometimes parents can create discipline schedules which do interfere with natural child development.
The demands of the parent(s) happens so early in life and to such an extreme degree, the child actually adopts compliance to please the parent(s) instead of for a personal fulfillment.

The public doesn't hear about these instances unless they become so exaggerated they become a social concern. Many never become public knowledge.

For example: "My grandfather was a cop, my father was a cop, I'm a cop so I need to make my son a cop." The child, being constantly groomed to be a cop adopts the morals and habits of cops. Later in life, when the child realizes he doesn't really want to be a cop, it causes mental conflict. Choosing to be a cop is a lot different than being 'groomed' to be a cop from an early age.

Substitute 'cop' for any endeavor. Quarterback, goalie, particle physisist, concert pianist and so on.

I chose to become a mechanic. I've worked with people who were forced to be mechanics because their parents and grandparents were. They hated being a mechanic. In contrast, I loved it.

There's also the parents who attenpt to live their lives vicariously thru their children. "I threw my knee out during high school so now you must take the gold." It happens quite often in sports and beauty pagents.

Being a wise parent means you pay attention to your child and notice what they areadept at doing. You notice how much enjoyment they gain when they are doing thosethings they like and you direct them to all the aspects of that interest and the disciplines needed to become proficient at those interests. It allows the child to amplify the natural gifts they have themselves. The good parent then supports their child's unique interest development to allow the child to be all they can be.

I did this with my children and I notice they do this with theirs. Its the freedom of self-expression.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 02/07/22 02:21 PM
Edited by Tom4Uhere on Mon 02/07/22 02:35 PM
are you modding the blue one or did you buy it as a project to finish?
will you be painting the overspray in the wheel wells or coating them with tar/undercoat?

When I did my Vega I was in the process of cleaning up the wheel wells for flat black spraybomb, then a nice undercoat after I had it painted but I sold it before I got into it too deep.

Thinking back on my customizing days I wish Line-X was available back then.

http://linex.com/protective-coatings/recreational

I've stripped a bunch of frames and bodies to preserve them. Even went as far as using lead based primers. That Line-X product would have been really useful. I was primarily in the snow belt and underbody/frame corrosion was always the biggest starting task. Back then we coated them with tar and flat black primer but that Line-X I think would have been so much better.

You kids have it made!

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 02/07/22 10:21 AM
Do children, 'once they become celebrities in their tender years; does it not steal the 'care free' that's the essence of childhood years?

There are actual case studies on this subject, many made decades ago.

I recall watching a documentary on child stars, Shirley Temple was one focused subject. It was a rather old documentary.

Ignoring the current subject models, there are a few things which must be considered when evaluating the impact of fame on a childhood.

1. Most importantly is the driving force behind this need for fame. Is it the child's idea or someone elses?

2. Is there a balance in the child's life? Does the drive for fame outweigh the drive for play?

Is it the child's idea or someone elses?
While it is important for a parent to guide their child but when the reason for a path is for the parent's benefit over the child's, it will affect the child's development in negative ways.
In any assessment of this nature the most important factor is The Reason For...

Does the drive for fame outweigh the drive for play?
Children and young adults (teens) need unscripted experiences to build healthy relationships. Regardless of the driving entity, Mistakes must be made for the child to learn. Surprises must happen for the child to know how to deal with the unexpected.

History is full of mentally unbalanced individuals who were famous as children. It is also full of well-balanced people who were also famous as children.

The road to fame often requires a sacrifice. Fame tends to change people (no matter the age) but fame is a temporay social condition.
How important is your primary school spelling bee award when you are 40 years old?
How many people actively watch and adore Shirley Temple?
Do you think Albert Einstein, Alan Turing or Stephen Hawking started out to be famous or became famous later in life? Do you think their parents specifically partnered to reproduce and create super-intelligent offspring?

A way to measure the condition is to remove the child from the environment. If the child still functions as a child, chances are the path to fame is being handle effectively but if the child can't cope with being a child, something is wrong.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 02/07/22 09:36 AM
Placing the EXPECTATION of "UNCONDITIONAL",
is indeed, setting a condition.

Mother’s love is not what the OP wishes to discuss.

Note: Mother's Love is not specifically unconditional. Certain mothers may love their child unconditionally but our world is full of examples where they don't.

I'm glad to contribute my thoughts on my personal experience with relationships and its intricacies. Let's discuss the true essence of partnerships established through unconditional affection.

Welcome to M2 Forums!
waving

I should point out 'affection' is not necessarily 'love'.
'The True Essence of Partnerships' is relative to the participants in that partnership.

In a Universe of chaos with random cause and effect, 'unconditional' is at best, a temporary assessment/condition.
In other words...In life, (stuff) happens.
Its possible to start or eventually reach a point where there is unconditional something (love/affection) but as time and experiences change (as we live our lives) the unconditional's temporary nature reveals itself.

The word Unconditional is often used in dating talk. Its a comfort word and can be used to lure in unsuspecting marks, especially when they romanticize the term.

Unconditional is also a word used in dating to seek certain religion believers. Many religions assert God's unconditional love for Man(I won't get into that, this is not a religious thread). Finding comfort in that assertion makes religious dating prospects susceptible to keyword luring.

In the world of online dating there are many common misconceptions which occur based on romantic delusion. Some are positive, others are negative.
The word Unconditional can be a powerfully persuasive term used to lure prospects. It can also be a term which summarizes fantasy intention.

The only problem with this is the fact life doesn't actually go along with it as intended.
Reality of life too often, gets in the way.
As time marches on, things change.

As your partner is thrusting a knife into your abdomen while screaming they hate you and want you dead, chances are you will not love them unconditionally.

If your partner tells you they never want to see you again then have a child with your best friend, your sibling or your parent, you will not love them unconditionally.

While 'love' is best when it is reciprocated, one-sided love can and does happen. However, one-sided love is evidence of mental heath conditions which may or may not be destructive to oneself or the target of their affection.

While it may be believed when someone tells you they feel unconditional love for you, you can never actually know if there are conditions which may change that declaration. This is because the only one you actually can know is yourself.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 02/03/22 08:57 AM
The term is social masturbation.

Alpha males are the strongest or prettiest males in the animal kingdom.
They possess the genetic traits or physical displays which tells the females it is wise to mate with this male.
Alpha males also tend to mate with multiple females in the herd.

Human males who socially think they are or want to be alpha males usually have bloated egos or excessive self-esteem. They are most likely to adopt narcissistic psychopathic or sociopathic behaviors. They are also likely to be less sensitive and/or aggressive towards females.

Truly strong men have no need to emphasize their strength to the female population. They need no labels. Women can 'see' them quite clearly.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 02/03/22 08:44 AM
Language of Love...LoL?

Personally I express myself physically more than in literature.

Love notes and letters is okay when you are apart for long periods. Valentine's Cards are only needed when you have trouble expressing yourself (or you are a lil kid).

A hug and passionate kiss with a lengthy hold afterward locked into her eyes says far more than any note or letter.

A single chocolate heart on a pillow or a soothing bath together by candlelight expands the gesture.

A lot can also be said with visual poetry

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 02/03/22 08:22 AM

Change of mind... if you do not want to waste your time do not watch Invasion (2021).
It's slow as hell, you barely get to see any alien let alone good alien action. Instead you get a lot of drama, whinging and whining, and lengthy scenes (10-15 mins) that are of no value to the story whatsoever.
If you like slow series and drama it might be for you, otherwise spend your time on something better.

Thanx fer helping me dodge that bullet

No worries!
I did find another tv series called "Invasion" that is from 2005.
Set in Florida where something alien falls out of the sky after a hurricane, causing weird things to happen.
I've watched a few episodes last night and it's very promising so far!
There's only 1 season, and I do not know if with that the story was properly finished or if it wasn't renewed for a 2nd season.
But you could Google to find out.

Story of the aftermath of a hurricane in which water-based extraterrestrials infiltrate a small Florida town and begin to take over the bodies of the town's inhabitants through a cloning process.

Yeah, that's on my watch list too.
I decided to rewatch Star Trek Enterprize again.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 02/03/22 08:18 AM
Money has never really been my friend. Since I reentered the dating world after decades of paying fr everything always, when a woman wants to split the costs of a 'date' or pick up the tab, its favorable to talk about that beforehand, that way its clear.
If the woman says nothing and the subject doesn't come up, I figure I'll be the one picking up the tab, but now that I am finally living below my means, isn't a problem for me.

A couple things to keep in mind about how I 'date'
1. The date is not a 'date'. Its the two of us getting together to do something together to see if we are compatible and have any heat between us.
2. I don't 'date' just to date. Women are not a conquest or a tally.
3. I'm not out to try to impress anyone anymore.
To me, a woman seeing me as I truly am is more important to our potential relationship than her seeing me flex my wallet.
4. The cost of our 'get together' is usually the last thing on our minds, if not...something is wrong.
5. Life is usually informal and unscripted. Trying to be something you are not is not truthful and relationships based on lies never seem to work for long.

If money is such an issue, you obviously can't afford to date. Perhaps you should hold off on new relationships until either money is there or you grow up.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 02/02/22 05:21 PM

Change of mind... if you do not want to waste your time do not watch Invasion (2021).
It's slow as hell, you barely get to see any alien let alone good alien action. Instead you get a lot of drama, whinging and whining, and lengthy scenes (10-15 mins) that are of no value to the story whatsoever.
If you like slow series and drama it might be for you, otherwise spend your time on something better.

Thanx fer helping me dodge that bullet

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 02/02/22 03:41 PM
Another misrepresented space condition in movies and shows is aerodynamic manuevers.
You see space ships and space fighters bank and turn but that can't happen in space because there is nothing to deflect the surfaces.

Spaceships with wings that never enter an atmosphere are a useless waste of resources.

The most efficient spaceships would be spheres.

Coarse corrections in space need not be forward directional changes. Thrusting on a side vector or ventral vector while moving in a direction would change the craft's heading without reorienting the ship. It wouldn't 'turn' it would 'veer' like a car drifts when you let go of the steering wheel but a bit more complicated than that.

Plus, with nothing to arrest the momentum, the craft would continue on its heading until some force changes it. So if you fire starboard jets, the ship's front would still be pointed in the same direction but the ship would move sideways at an angle until that sideways movement was cancelled by firing jets on the opposite side then firing rear jets to cause it to move forward again.

But its much more complicated than that. You could actually arrive at your destination upside down and sideways. In space, there is no way to affix your spacial orientation without external markers.

Then there is the counter thrust need to arrest reactive movement caused by deploying craft or shooting projectile weapons. You know, equal and opposite reaction and all that jazz. I'm sure there is a mass differential limit which would need to be known and figured into the design.

An astronaut can cause a very large object in space to move but an equal andopposite force relating to its mass would be needed to stop that movement. Plus, depending upon that mass, and the mass of the astronaut the movement might be insignificant in the first place.

The ISS is quite massive. It is also moving quite fast in its orbit. An astronaut is not going to be able to push it out of its path. The astronaut has too little mass. However, Jets of thrust can and does adjust its orbital path. This is because the jets are being expelled from the mass of the station. Those same jets hitting an astronaut would push him off into space at high velocity relative to his orbital position.

But see, all this relates to sound in space as well. Same basic conditions apply.
Space is empty. Nothing to transmit vibration, nothing to react to aerodynamic surfaces.
You put a tin can on Mars and a tin can in your living room and connect it with a taught wire andyou could talk to a martian as the vibrations would be transmitted along that wire to the can at your ear.

The same concept supports the space theather concept and it would work if we could get around the construction obstacles.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 02/02/22 02:48 PM
Here's another interesting space sound video

The Sounds of Space: A sonic adventure to other worlds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYnV9zp7Dk

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 02/02/22 02:42 PM
Sound as we hear it are pressure waves which strike our ears.
Sound itself is vibration at frequency waves.

Sound still happens in space.
If a distant asteriod collides with another it does make a sound because the vibration is present. You can't hear it because there is nothing for the vibration to change creating a pressure wave our ears can detect.

Space is very noisy, we just can't hear it with our ears unless we turn it into something that can create a pressure wave, like a speaker.

Here is a video of the actual sounds of our solar system, including the Sun.
All Planet Sounds From Space (In our Solar System)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQL53eQ0cNA

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 02/02/22 08:12 AM
I currently have about 4 projects I am doing with my computer.
1> Working on adding TV Show content to my forum.
2> Editing the Movie Monster Wiki
3> Unzipping, relabeling and downloading pictures for my TV Show collections.
4> Capturing screen grab images of monsters for uploading to the Movie Monster Wiki.

In addition, I also am ocassionally still scanning personal documents for archive to external harddrives.

I have closet projects as well.
1> going thru my clothes and getting together all I no longer wear to donate to charity.
2> sorting thru boxes of personal papers to figure out what to keep and what to toss out.

Also, I've been slowly working on rearranging my pantry and cupboards in the kitchen.

Last weekend, my son in Missouri told me he and his wife want to come down for a short vist. They are leaving the kids with their grandparents and coming to My House to unwind and take a short break from the stress.
So, I'm also working on getting the spare bedroom ready for their stay.

Lately, I've been running an 18-20 hour day. Last night I grabbed 5 hours of sleep. Luckily, nothing I am doing requires much physical exertion. The biggest proble I have right now is my legs swelling up and staying that way. Sleeping allows the swelling to go down.

One thing I do NEED to do is call Cigna (HMO) and get some answers to some questions I have. Namely, why none of the doctors on the list can be chosen online? I hate using telephones!

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 02/02/22 07:53 AM
men-o'pause --> taking a break from men

Hahaha, I get it.

Meaning an extra round of flogging!!

Flogging...LOL, Haven't heard that term for years.
A Chief Petty Officer used to say that.
He also was fond of saying "Grasp you about the neck and squeeze smartly"

Can't say stuff like that anymore, people get offended easy now.

I agree with what you said. I asked my gf if her menopause was bad and she told me not really bad, sometimes a bit uncomfortable from the hot flashes tho.

For me personally, it was the hot flashes that I hated. I'm already a hot body person so when she was having hers, it was unbearably hot. Used to wake me in the middle of the night and I would have to go to the sofa to cool down.
The X was a complainer because she was an attention hog but I didn't help by coddling her.
It was easy to see when she was faking and when she was truly miserable.

My gf is just the opposite. She never complains but then again she is self-sufficient and understands her body...perhaps better than I understand mine?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 02/02/22 07:38 AM

Just wondering about others' thoughts on Eli Roth and Rob Zombie films for me they are hit and miss what are your thoughts?

This thread is mainly for TV shows.
There is a rather interesting thread on movies
http://mingle2.com/topic/613829
Plus you can make a new thread focused on just Eli Roth and Rob Zombie.
shades

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 02/01/22 05:15 PM
Edited by Tom4Uhere on Tue 02/01/22 05:15 PM
I've been to Punxsutawney, PA and its nothing like the town in the movie.
My dad used to call it the 'hole/dirt rat'.
Punxsutawney Phil has been in my life for as long as I can remember.
Since I am of Celtic ancestry (Irish/Welsh) this news is very interesting to me but I am still gunna call it Groundhog Day and think about ole Punxsutawney Phil.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 02/01/22 05:04 PM
When I finished rebuilding my 383 in my Road Runner I decided to take it out and see what it could do.
The fact it had absolutely no brakes at all didn't matter to my 16 year old self.

Late one summer Wednesday night, actually early Thursday morning (3am), I had my buddy follow me in his 69 Goat.
I pegged my speedometer and my buddy said at 140 mph he pegged out and I was leaving him behind. I figure I was doing about 160 mph with no brakes. I used my gears to slow down. Luckily the highway was recently paved and the night was clear and bright.

I had a well-tuned stock 71 Challenger with a 4 speed and a 340 4bbl that could lift the front wheels. I had to buy traction bars so I didn't burn the rubber off my L60s.
Sadly, I rolled it one rainy night and ended up having to total it. But, I did make a killing selling parts to my Lancer Club buddies.

Had a 68 Cougar when I was in the Seabees, also had a 78 Thunderbird at the same time. The T-bird was my mellow car and the Cat was for the rush.
Sold both of those for more than I had in em...to other Seabees.

Had a 68 C-20 Utility dually that I converted to a flatbed with a winch. That straight 6, three on the tree (which I converted to a Hurst floor shifter) just wouln't die. 12 years later I sold that to a shop co-worker. You just bump the key and it started.

I had an old junker F-100 I drove till it dropped, 7 years and NEVER changed the oil. Just added used truck 15w40 oil when it needed it. That started with a screwdriver but all ya hadda do is bump it and it would fire right up. It looked like hell but it ran good. I put decals on it like fleet truck unit numbers, on each end and both sides. I had an 8 then beside that I used two 1s to make an arrow pointing up and I called it my 8UP truck.
I spray bombed it and purposely ran the paint on each door. I would tell people who asked how it runs, "Just look at the Door, it RUNS Good!" The defrosters sucked so I fabbed a duct out of an old brakeline tube, then duct taped it to the vent holes, hell, those defrosters worked better than new and they were fun to talk about. LOL, one work buddy was following me and I hit a bump and he said a chunk of my truck fell off, hit the pavement and bounded into the ditch. LOL, That truck was Phun!

Paying cash for cars then selling them at a profit allowed me to have many cars during my life. Some were fast, some were phun but they all did what I bought them to do. Plus, I've had people just 'give' me cars they couldn't get to pass inspection. Since I had an inspection license, not a problem for me.
One guy (a neighbor) got mad as hell because the Lesabre he gave me, which he couldn't get to start and run, I fixed with a battery cable and a lil creative wiring. Got it for FREE and sold it back to him for $1200, inspected. Bwahahaha!

I always wanted to build a custom 4WD Cadillac Hearse with a Coffin Trailer which is actually a kegger fridge and cold sump for cases of beer.
Put a converter in the Hearse and cut the sides so they lift up revealing massive loudspeakers. The bed would be just that, a bed with a minibar and mirrors on the roof.

Then, Take THAT to some river parties! Oh Yeah!
drinks