Community > Posts By > Shasta1

Shasta1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:34 PM
I apologize right now if this offends anyone, but it sounds more like you are not allowing a person to be who they are but insistant that they accept you and your wishes? Relationships are about compromise, in everything.
I enjoy buying gifts for people I know and care for. I might see something and say 'wow, K was really wanting this, I'll surprise her' or buying a really nice pen set because he likes nice pens. You feel how you feel but if you are in a relationship, you really have to allow the other person to be who they are also.
Do you accept gifts from family or friends? If you do, then perhaps you might want to reveal to yourself why this makes you so uncomfortable.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 11:23 AM
Llardro figurines, but they've gotten soo expensive.

Shasta1's photo
Wed 07/14/10 11:09 PM
The b/w are awesome, I've missed all of them. Nothing better than a bad monster flick.laugh

Shasta1's photo
Wed 07/14/10 09:07 PM

ah yes...what are the boundaries of a limitless god?

i knew you would "enjoy" panentheism vs. pantheism!

laugh

i agree that i always viewed them as identical concepts
as i see the spiritual or incorporeal as part of Nature...

how could it be otherwise?

so, i don't believe in the super-natural - not because i
don't believe in wild spiritual things which i have never
experienced - but because i think they are natural - a
part of Nature.

i don't make a distinction. it is just like that in the Wiki.

I like this way of thinking...thanks for mentioning it, more points to ponder.

Shasta1's photo
Wed 07/14/10 12:30 PM
Edited by Shasta1 on Wed 07/14/10 12:31 PM
You've gotten excellent advice from everyone here. i understand your concerns, Las Vegas in not a place I would raise a child. Am just going to suggest one more thing, perhaps a single parents support group in your area? Find out from others who are going through the same angst, how and what works. It's good to have support but here, it comes in increments and not always when you'll need it. Good luck and do respect your daughter if you wish the ssame back from her.

Shasta1's photo
Wed 07/14/10 12:20 PM
Edited by Shasta1 on Wed 07/14/10 12:20 PM
I'd go back to 87/88 and really talk with my mom before she passed away. Talk about things that happened, things she said that hurt and tell her she was long ago forgiven.

Shasta1's photo
Wed 07/14/10 12:15 PM
When I was younger, I had a friend who was gay, but this was in Florida and so they kept it pretty quiet (lat 70's). Her girlfirend kept hitting on me and finally i just said, I respect you, please respect me. They left me alone in that aspect and we stayed friends.

Shasta1's photo
Tue 07/13/10 07:23 PM

I talk to much when I get stoned...........smokin

slaphead I gotta get out more....I immediately thought of "stoned" as in the Biblical sense. ohwell

seriously...laugh laugh

Shasta1's photo
Tue 07/13/10 07:17 PM
to me, it looks like they're trying to show attitude, only poorly. The 2nd pic has it naturally.

Shasta1's photo
Tue 07/13/10 08:58 AM
The ability to compromise, good listening skills, and a sense of humor.

Shasta1's photo
Tue 07/13/10 08:51 AM
Don't beleive him Vivwaving winking :angel: , he's just got the blues. Lets cheer ManO up.

Shasta1's photo
Tue 07/13/10 08:48 AM
LG just looked at them quizedly, turned her horse around and threw a handful of Godiva chocalates over her shoulder at them. As each peice of chocalate hit the ground...

Shasta1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 04:40 PM

I would be a lot happier down there, than up here. Even if I had to work at Wal-Mart or Burger King.

I would rather have a not so good paying job and feel free, than have a decent paying job and feel trapped.

Playing devils advocate, you have that feeling now, but in a few years...perhaps you might want to settle down, thinking about more permanent lifes situations, buying a home, raising a family? You won't go far on a Walmart or Burger King job, yet a job that does have opportunity for you into your life coming is a more considerable. Looking into whats going on now could affect your life's outcome. Giving things up for a lessor order for those of a higher usually is temporary to get where you eventually want to be. This sounds more like one of life's bigger opportunities knocking on your door. If you are happy with your work, your life is happier, seriously, speaking of expereicne. Moving is always a option, but career chances are far and few between. I moved around alot when younger and you will ind, that sometimes when we are trying to get away from a few things, those things are in us and we take them with us. Am really not trying to tell you what to do with your life just consider it a little longer, weigh the pros and cons of each. Just sayingflowerforyou

Shasta1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 01:36 PM

Well, it looks like I may not be able to accept this job if they call me. I just got a call from the apts. I was looking at in SC. If I can come up with another $200, I can move in. If I move in there, I'll need a job a lot closer to MB.

Uh, if I were you, jmho, I would weigh that a little more. A possible career that has potential to move up or a move into a apt that you were looking into? Realize you were looking into moving but it seems you're being offered a alternative at this moment.flowerforyou

Shasta1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 01:14 PM
I think that would be a great job Solve mysteries and stuff, like the 'Orient Express'. (can you tell what I watched on PBS last night?)laugh :tongue:

Shasta1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 01:01 PM
You wouldn't want to see me topless, or lack there of.laugh
I was wearing spagetti strapped shirt last night because it was so hot, and still have serious pain due to nerve injury in last surgery. There is also alot of numbness on my skin in both areas. It was late, and my neighbor came home from work. She is 57. She says, don't wear that shirt! you're revealing everything (2 scar lines). the shirt had slid down and you could see partial scars, but it was dark and about 9pm
I said who is going to see? And I really don't care if it makes someone uncomfortable, esp if i see them in a walking past thing once or twice a year. My comfort at this point is more important.
So ya just can't win, boobs or not.:wink:

Shasta1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 12:51 PM
they had heard she had switched completely to solar power and to them, that felt like...

Shasta1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 12:44 PM
run off with the woman in the deli who has wanted me for so long but was afraid. With that it sidled out of the room just as a huge crash came from the kitchen....

Shasta1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 12:35 PM

My daughter just told me that a persons ears were as long as there thunb!
What do you think?:laughing:

I am so uncoordinated that I just poked my eye with my thumb attempting to measure.

I so sorry! didn't mean for anybody to get hurt!whoa sad2 slaphead

laugh laugh laugh
thats why i don't even try it.:wink: :tongue: laugh laugh

You big chicken!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cluck, cluck, cluckflowerforyou

Shasta1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 12:30 PM
get laundry done, mail bills, lay low due to this heat wave.