Community > Posts By > Shasta1

Shasta1's photo
Sun 07/04/10 10:16 AM
work on my home.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/03/10 09:46 PM
It's weird for me, different days, different places.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/03/10 05:27 PM
I've had people compliment me and after thanking them, they continued to post to me. Not wanting to encourage them, I stopped writing. So, on these sites, guess it goes both ways.ohwell flowerforyou

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/03/10 05:25 PM
I'd love to see all my family, it's been years.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/03/10 05:17 PM
Perhpas it becomes easier attained by spending time alone. People today are too much in this world, and it has it's drawbacks. Am knowing that it does take time to recognize it, and work to acheive it more consistantly until it flows. Negative emotions disrupt it's flow, as stress and other worldly distractions. One of the main reasons people meditate and do yopga is to learn how to slow down so they can grasp what is there and then actively work on themselves to continue it's momentum and be receptive to it.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/03/10 08:40 AM
will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?laugh :tongue:

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/03/10 08:37 AM
Maybe, just maybe, you're being a tad too specific? Not one person can fill all our needs. The important ones yes, then our friends fill in the others.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/03/10 08:29 AM
I've driven across the US 2 x in my life, taking a month to do it once and a week another. This country would blow anyone's mind with all the diversity and beauty, so few realize it. It is so worth the trip, at any age.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 10:03 PM
time too stands still
with them
who sit at the legs of buildings
dark eyes, blood veined, caring
forgotten of those surrounding.
clothes dirty, dusty, a toothless
chargrin of decay
the world is too much with them.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 08:25 PM
Some places have single clubs. We have a singles outdoors club that I keep saying am gonna go. They hike, do day trips, all outside stuff. Look into things you like to do, then do a search in your area..

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 07:01 PM
Recognize the LDS church. laugh :tongue: :wink:
I didn't realize SLC was so small. Thought with all the Morms it would be tremendous...

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 06:56 PM
what store can you buy chit?

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 06:52 PM
Actually, I have to have a human connection to feel that way, even if it's just once. Then I can 'feel' that person. Not in the way some of you pervs think either...laugh

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 06:50 PM
Connected to the infinite, the I AM, the creator, God, Whom Ever you call it. It's not in religion, it's personal for each, yet when attained, the same. The knowing, awe, complete understanding. To be put into words will not give it credence, as their are no words. Is that any better? Some of you Know.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 01:41 PM
I forget who wrote this, but they sid the true connection is when you can take it everwhere with you. Like monks who go off in seclusion to mediatate, would they be able to do it in the real world of everyday stress?

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 01:39 PM

get connected to the infinite? I was just reading and came upon that phrase and thought...isn't that where we all strive for?
Those few moments- when it all comes together? What actually does that for you?

I now always feel connected. Through meditation, nature and my spirituality I found the initial connection I was searching for. At first I could only get that at certain times, but eventually it became a part of my every moment.

In todays world, thats diffiult to do. It comes and goes for me, actually when having to face the world, i put it on the shelf but it's there. Working or being with people- it's the only anchor for me.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 01:38 PM

never, nothing..ohwell

NEVER??? Maybe you misunderstand my question..

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 12:40 PM
get connected to the infinite? I was just reading and came upon that phrase and thought...isn't that where we all strive for?
Those few moments- when it all comes together? What actually does that for you?

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 11:46 AM

It is really sad to see a child hurt. I would have cried as well........normally I'm pretty calm in those situations. And as you did I would have stopped in a heart beat...........No matte who it would have been....

To many don't want to get involved these days.........I'm old school and still believe in helping out those in need....bigsmile :thumbsup:

Yep the old school network of helping thy neighbor, I definitely believe in and I still keep my door open to others despite what the world may or may not be today........always will have hospitality.....

Sometimes, people get scared, it reminds them of their mortality.
Don't always undertand when people don't do somethinig, so I try to beleive that basically we all do want to help. I'd stop yet when there is a accident and you're in miles of traffic, the infuriating thing to me is when people sklow down just to gawk.
You were at the right place at the right time, and show the meaning of a true human. Just naturally doing the right thing even tho it was hurting you.flowerforyou :thumbsup:

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 09:59 AM
actually, no one, they're all too far away.