Community > Posts By > Shasta1

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 07:46 PM

....and now it's raining with thunder and lightning. :banana:

quiet you guys. you'll spook the chance of a rare rain storm, we haven't had rain since Feb.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 07:39 PM
between agnostic and atheist?
This isn't a religous question, it's more about what one thinks.
Always thought agnostic means that you beleived in something- yet you were non-commital., and atheist that you simply didn't beleive in anything. Please, this isn't about starting the Holy Wars, just would like some input on what others think. I searched and was surprised at what I found, so am asking what you guys think, for my own curiosity.
And if Agnostic isn't that you beleived in something just weren't going to proclaim you knew what it was, what would you call someone like that? Other?laugh

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 04:59 PM

Hi! I couldn't hear you! My bones were creakin!:banana:

seriously. Is that what it is, I was beginning to wonder why hearing things was getting worse. Now that you said that, makes perfect sense. creak.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 04:56 PM
please, have some idea. I check out who makes comments, especially new to see where they are coming from, what they have to say for themselves and exactly the reason I looked- no answer for relationship status and children, esp when someone comes to this trashland. I may have been born at night, but not last night.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 08:59 AM

do you sometimes think the photos people post of "themselves" arent really them lol

Some time back, we had a girl here who posted a picture of Michelle Trachtenberg and claimed she was actually her! I'm pretty sure she wasn't, though. She didn't stick around long.

I was on a site a couple weeks ago where there were 6 or 7 who amazingly looked exactly like Miley Cyrus. They say everybody in the world has a "double" somewhere, but I guess Miley has a bunch of them.

I used to talk to a girl, who had her height change from one week to another, eye color, hair style and even ethnicity.

Not even today I have any info, which one was really her..I think she forgot sometimes who she was talking to so sometimes said something completely nonsense, call me at different names, sending me different photos and her location began to switch around.

It actually became so entertaining and funny, that I was just amused by the massive lies and misinformation, kept it going for the sake of the comedy.

I've had that (2nd paragraph). One guy sent me a picture, he was from New York, California. I kid you not. Very obviously not a caucasian but had that checked off!laugh And the english! Could hardly get what he was saying, and they're either a student, a doctor, oh yes, love the one who is a 'criminal lawyer' who couldn't even spell. (well...that may be true:tongue: )

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 08:44 AM
so, THATS where they arelaugh .
Kids are great, actually they should run the planet up until the age maybe, 10.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 08:36 AM

so...Lex, you've said the same thing about 500 times since I got here, what are you looking for?

I want to keep it out there, right up front. I don't want there to be any misunderstandings on this -- I don't want someone to tell me, down the road, "Well, I was never really sure what you were trying to find."

See, I'm operating under the assumption that there may be someone out there who really "gets it" -- someone who will see what I've written and then something will just click. I met someone like that once; it was great, but she had other issues. But maybe there might be someone else out there who will grasp what it is I'm trying to do here.

Personally, I think you might want to work on some of the things you say we 'women' are and how we all would like to change you, when possible, very possible, it may be your perspective that needs a little altering.

All I can do is work from my experiences. My experience has been that woman lie to me at the beginning of the relationship, then later they try to turn me into a sitcom dad. That's how it's always been, with one exception. You want to talk about my perspective, there it is. That's all I've got to work with.

You've had some bad experiences, isn't that what life is about?

I'd like to think there's a little more to it -- like learning from those experiences and taking measures to prevent them from happening again.

What makes it so different for you than any of the rest of us?

I don't know. But it is. I guess maybe it's because most people don't have the same standards and preferences I have.

Have you have been date raped? No, I don't think you have. But there's ALOT of women who have, you don't see us all whiny and hating men and think they're all out to get us.

That's an absurd and horrible analogy -- we're not talking physical violence here.

But I will say that I see a LOT of women on dating sites whose profiles are little more than a list of complaints about men in general. That's fine -- everybody needs to vent, and I'm sure they've had plenty of bad experiences, too. And I'm sure they don't want to repeat those bad experiences. Neither do I. Why is this a bad thing? -- for anybody?

Take a couple hours and read through some women's profiles -- you might be surprised at the level of venom you find.

And more than half of them don't report it, try to figure out what they did wrong when in all actuality it was the a-hole who thought it was perfectly alright to take what he wanted, even when told no.There's ALOT more that women go through terrible things from men than the other way around, trust me on this one Lex.

I'm not doubting you. But it's an entirely separate issue and has nothing to do with the fact that I want to make sure that people understand what I'm NOT looking for.

Try being a little more open minded than constantly bashing the women and how we're all some sort of 'creature' that can't be fathomed, or we're all the same.

Again, I'm working from my own personal experience here. I can't pretend it never happened. I mean, I think I'd be much happier if I had any reason to believe that there was someone different out there -- I'd like to think there is, but I see no evidence of it. Outside of one relationship, everyone else I've been with HAS been the same. And I've been in a lot of relationships. And then I sign up on dating sites and I read an infinite number of profiles that are all the same. I'm not seeing much to be open-minded about.

Usually when we end up with someone again and again, it's something in US that makes us attracted to them and visa versa until we work it out and fix those things in US.

I don't doubt that. But now I find myself in a position where I'm just not attracted to anyone at all, and I think it might be for the beat.

You've shown me exactly what I said to you. Please just do what KLC asked tho/.
You have NO idea what men put women through, and sorry Lex, I hate to break it to ya, but you are NO different than the rest of us, except or a couple of things and I won't bring it up because someone will say I'm picking a fight. Have a great day.flowerforyou

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 12:51 AM

UH oh, The Overthe Hill Gang is taken over Minglelaugh :wink: :tongue:

or is it the TeXas Gal Palswaving
Hi people, what yall doing in the neck of the woods?:angel: :thumbsup:

Hi shastaflowerforyou
I am a texacadian..does that count?

Hi Betty, still going to Alaska ?
What great fun, I could use a trip like that about this time of the year also. Need a personal assistant, you know, maybe to take all your messages or get you a Iced tea from the gallery?laugh

Shasta1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 12:47 AM
I do, all the time, only my body tells me waaay differentohwell frustrated laugh :wink:

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/09/10 11:51 PM

Well I am sweet, honest, caring. I am always looking after those I care about, even if they do not deserve it. Some will say I am way too nice for my own good.

..there was something I read in a bubble gum wrapper when i was a kid, goes something like this - ' ...as the two boys were leaving, the grandmother ran out the door to hand the grandson's friend some cookies she baked, along with some kind words....the friend said..wow-- I don't know what I did to deserve this, but I must of done something really good....the grandson then replied --- you know, its nothing that you've done, you really didn't do anything...it wasn't because you were nice, it was because she is nice...'

"always looking after those I care about, even if they do not deserve it" --- why - cause its in your nature to do so...

roko

very astute.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/09/10 09:51 PM

The 'bar scene" is a false idea also. Ask your parents or grandparents if they have met in a bar or not. Most likely they didn't. Sure You or your brother or parents has met women and guys at bars for a night night stand, but I doubt that most marriages would be the result of bars and clubs.

Well, I'm certainly not interested in marriage -- once was enough -- but I wouldn't date anyone who was in a bar anyway. Just a personal preference.

Most likely they met at a job or just simply walking into each other on the street or at a school.

I've met 9 people from dating sites, and all of those were horrible experiences. Everyone else I ever got involved with, I met through friends. Those were not good experiences, either, but they were less horrible than the on-line ones. Friends will generally not fix you up with arsonists and phony kidnap victims, etc.

Now, since we have the internet and facebook and whatever else..it's just so "in-your-face" that it's more scary than invinting. And let's not under estimate the freaks who are sick in the head from the start and the 1% ruins the other 99%.

I don't find it scary so much as bland, unappealing, completely unoriginal, and plagiaristic. Most of the profiles are exactly the same; they could be using a template.

I get IMs and e-mails every day from new people who all say exactly the same thing. Even the questions are asked in exactly the same order. They don't pay any attention to the answers either. They will ask the same question 5 times, even if I've answered it the first 4.

It's hard to generate much enthusiasm when the people who contact me show all the intellect and initiative of a cow sleeping in a pasture.

So what's my point?
My point is, that people are judging each other based on their skills of questioning and grammar, but not who they are.

Really? By those criteria, I should be doing really well here -- I've written 4 books, I studied psychology for 7 years, I know a little bit about asking questions, and my grammar is pretty decent.

And none of it matters in this venue.

If you are a woman, you get a mail from a guy, first thing you think is that this guy is either trying to get into your undies or really want to keep a relationship with you.

Well guess what. In both cases, the guy is trying to get into your undies. If you don't like that, don't know what to say. That's why other women wear miniskirts and show off cleavages. It's not like you weren't inviting them in the first place.

I'm not even going to try to pretend to understand the female perspective on this. All I've ever seen is that they want a guy who they can mold into a domestic farm animal.

For guys, it can be a challenge. Why? Because you are not sitting at a bar and striking up a conversation, but you are looking at cleavages and skirts and trying to suppress your real thoughts, why you were attracted to the person, so they come up with BS like "I just love your drawings" or "we share the same interest about movies and music". The real reason is, he is trying to get into your pants and if he likes it, he wants to stick with you.

That scenario is absolutely more realistically applicable in a "real-life" context.

But there is -- for me, anyway -- a certain detachment mentality that comes with the on-line environment. Maybe it's because I've had the awful experiences in the past, maybe it's because I don't see anyone even remotely compatible on any dating sites, maybe I've subconsciously come to grips with the "they're more trouble than they're worth" mindset -- I don't know.

I just can't be "attracted" to someone on-line if all I have to work with is a picture -- usually that's no help, anyway, since half the profiles use pictures of 2 or 3 or more women and they never bother to tell you which one the profile belongs to. I need to know something about a person before I can feel any connection -- and if you've read any sort of representative sampling of dating site profiles, you've seen my dilemma. "I don't know what to write here" doesn't cut the proverbial mustard.

so...Lex, you've said the same thing about 500 times since I got here, what are you looking for? Personally, I think you might want to work on some of the things you say we 'women' are and how we all would like to change you, when possible, very possible, it may be your perspective that needs a little altering. You've had some bad experiences, isn't that what life is about? What makes it so different for you than any of the rest of us? Have you have been date raped? No, I don't think you have. But there's ALOT of women who have, you don't see us all whiny and hating men and think they're all out to get us. And more than half of them don't report it, try to figure out what they did wrong when in all actuality it was the a-hole who thought it was perfectly alright to take what he wanted, even when told no.There's ALOT more that women go through terrible things from men than the other way around, trust me on this one Lex. Try being a little more open minded than constantly bashing the women and how we're all some sort of 'creature' that can't be fathomed, or we're all the same.
Usually when we end up with someone again and again, it's something in US that makes us attracted to them and visa versa until we work it out and fix those things in US.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/09/10 08:12 PM

flowers

I had forgotten. A long time ago, I was room-mates with 2 people. one was a man. We eventually became a couple.After about 8 months. I had to move because my mom was ill, and it was 1/3 way across the country. We were in love. We wrote, snail mail, called 3-6 x a week, visited every few months, it was great. We were 'eventually' going to get together. That lasted about 18 months. my mom got real bad, took a turn for the worse. We had seen each other for Christmas and then in March. Mid April is when my mom got put in the hospital (we knew it was coming). So busy was I with that that I realized hadn't heard from 'Mark' in about 10 days. I called him the 1st of May, he was all sheepish. he may have 'met' someone. My mother died 2 days later.
I didn't notice still hadn't heard, except a short message. So the point of the story is, there are no promises anything is going to work, whether you know the person or not, things can change off in a shift of the wind. Who ever your heart throb is 1/2 across the country. the next time they go out or go grocery shopping, the girl or boy next store is standing right next to them you're not.
If you have a long list, you might as well throw in the towel, you're actually saying I don't want to meet anyone, and I'll make it as difficult as possible to prove it. The problem seems to stem from people wanting the 'perfect' mate, since no one around them like that where they are.
You have to admit, maybe...just maybe we're all here because we haven't healed, aren't really looking that hard, don't REALLY want a relationship that badly. How many here actually would up and leave all they have for another? seriously. You'd give up your entire life where you are, your job, house, home, friends and start all over?
I've done that alot when I was young but not for anyone but myself. And what would you do if it didn't work out, or wasn't working out as well as you thought it would? You're taking all your problems with you anyway. The ones that are stopping you from getting involved with the person who asked you out but you didn't go because you might have a chance with the person 7 states away? I'm just saying this because I thought I can't be the only one on here like that.
flowers my experiences exactly..for some reason anyone close can be considered a "threat" and one stays away from them. Besides, I live in a tiny town and know, maybe, too much about the others and have too many preconcieved opinions of them? Just sayin'

A honest response and someone who looks at themself! Distance really isn't the problem. It's 'seeing' that picture of someone, reading what they have to say, and poof! thats them all tied up in a nutshell. They're the one for me! You don't have to spend day after day with them, getting to know their quirks, moods, thoughts or actually really get to know them as a person until you are forced to.
You live in a fairy tale made up in your mind on who and what that other person is and dagnabit, thats who they are. Whether they are or not is something to be discovered. It might as well be 'Mail Order Mate', you have to be a really flexible, easy going, laid back, accepting person, I think, to be able to handle all that. And most people you meet, simply aren't.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:46 PM

rofl rofl

$.02 drinker

Thanks for the laugh!laugh laugh drinker

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:38 PM
Edited by Shasta1 on Fri 07/09/10 07:39 PM
They are losing the real meaning of human interaction and being. My neighbor kids are afraid of me, they were real friendly when they moved in. The mother is isolated and very dark looking every time I see her. I wave, smile, she just looks. Now she has said whatever, and the older girl (10) is getting like that, closing up. Never had a problem getting along with kids or animals. The parents are afraid and they're spreading it to the children.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:21 PM
I had forgotten. A long time ago, I was room-mates with 2 people. one was a man. We eventually became a couple.After about 8 months. I had to move because my mom was ill, and it was 1/3 way across the country. We were in love. We wrote, snail mail, called 3-6 x a week, visited every few months, it was great. We were 'eventually' going to get together. That lasted about 18 months. my mom got real bad, took a turn for the worse. We had seen each other for Christmas and then in March. Mid April is when my mom got put in the hospital (we knew it was coming). So busy was I with that that I realized hadn't heard from 'Mark' in about 10 days. I called him the 1st of May, he was all sheepish. he may have 'met' someone. My mother died 2 days later.
I didn't notice still hadn't heard, except a short message. So the point of the story is, there are no promises anything is going to work, whether you know the person or not, things can change off in a shift of the wind. Who ever your heart throb is 1/2 across the country. the next time they go out or go grocery shopping, the girl or boy next store is standing right next to them you're not.
If you have a long list, you might as well throw in the towel, you're actually saying I don't want to meet anyone, and I'll make it as difficult as possible to prove it. The problem seems to stem from people wanting the 'perfect' mate, since no one around them like that where they are.
You have to admit, maybe...just maybe we're all here because we haven't healed, aren't really looking that hard, don't REALLY want a relationship that badly. How many here actually would up and leave all they have for another? seriously. You'd give up your entire life where you are, your job, house, home, friends and start all over?
I've done that alot when I was young but not for anyone but myself. And what would you do if it didn't work out, or wasn't working out as well as you thought it would? You're taking all your problems with you anyway. The ones that are stopping you from getting involved with the person who asked you out but you didn't go because you might have a chance with the person 7 states away? I'm just saying this because I thought I can't be the only one on here like that.

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/09/10 10:40 AM

smack, smack, smack.laugh rofl oops offtopic
welcome to the nut house, if ya haven't noticed by now. Lori, you have to leave, you're not here yet.tongue2
:angry:

flowers Ok, I'm sorry.
I'm not really sure what am apologizing for, but the way things have been going on here today just thought I'd smooth things over before -I- get in trouble also.what :wink: laugh laugh :tongue:
in trouble...AGAIN.....shocked

I said 'also' not again, silly man.:wink:

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/09/10 10:39 AM

Girl, now you know in my (and your)heart i'm just teasin' ya.
laugh :tongue: flowerforyou smokin

wait!!! i just rereaf that!! OLDTIMERS!!!????
blushing tears rofl I ain't that old....
****, am I?laugh :tongue:
yes....yes you are laugh flowerforyou

Uh...hush you ManO, I'm only as old as I want to betongue2 waving flowers

Shasta1's photo
Fri 07/09/10 10:33 AM
From my perspective, i finally gave it a shot. It didn't work, and now I'm feeling a tad sad. woulda, coulda, shoulda. I couldn't pack it up and go (have *alot* of $ invested as a downpayment in my home and with the market just couldn't walk away from that) and he wouldn't (don't blame him) because he was in a great place- have been there but not at this time.
It depends. If you are willing to throw it all in and move for a relationship that is rocking your world, then go for it. I discovered I can't, and am not sure I would want someone to move in on me. (space issue). So you have to consider in the beginning what you're willing to exhange for love, make sure it's love tho and not infatuation.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 07/08/10 11:45 PM
Hopefully, someday she'll mature up. She doesn't know what she wants in life and you got in the way. Sometimes people forget there are 2 people in a relationship, and someone gets forgotten. Only you know her well enough to see if shes for real, but it already sounds like you feel you've paid enough into this relationship. Good thing you discovered this before there were kids involved. Get the lesson from it, now you know what you don't want from another. Crap happens to all of us in relationships, it's a matter of where your priorities are. I wouldn't have lasted as long, kudos for you for trying to really make it work. Your a man of patience, I'll say that for ya.

Shasta1's photo
Thu 07/08/10 07:47 PM
What a great shot, but don't get the reference..