Community > Posts By > TheLonelyWalker

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 09/12/08 09:13 AM
It's amazingly incredible to keep seeing threads over threads arguing about fictional characters which only purpose is to convey a theological principle.
The only way to read the first eleven chapters of the genesis is as alegories that the sacred writer chose among several semitic tales that were part of the tradition of the middle east from several centuries before the genesis was written in order to convey a divine teaching that could be comprehended for people 6,000 years ago.
From Abraham and on we can start talking about historical characters.
It seems that Genesis is just amazingly fruitful to create worthless arguments, and to incite the fundies to attack the other fundies.

TLW

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 09/12/08 09:08 AM

secondly: they ate and did not die? hmmm? why not?

what the tale tried to say is that the human race died in it innocense state. when humans were in the constant presence of the Creator.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 09/12/08 09:05 AM

I agree with you Miguel. But, to extrapolate your question further, does this mean that just because an egg is fertilized that "life" truly begins? I think everyone needs to look at his or her own conscience and belief system to answer that for themselves.

That is exactly my point.
My question would be better. what does your conscience say?

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 09/12/08 09:00 AM
Edited by TheLonelyWalker on Fri 09/12/08 09:01 AM

So what was there understanding then? What did they know? If they knew neither good or evil what comprehension did they have then?

first of all, I don't like the translation. You are using the fundie Bible.

second of all, the only comprehension of good or bad that the characters in tale had is the fact that God give them an instruction. An instruction which is imprinted in their soul (As ourselves we know that killing is bad (unless for self-defense) that is imprinted, yet the characters in the tale decided go their own way.
The same as the murderer (not talking about the mentally insane) decides to kill even if he/she knows it's wrong.
That's it. Human beings have some sort of moral code inprinted in their souls. Such moral code is what we know divine or eternal law from which natural and human laws are derived. Whenever a human being decides to go against such inprinted moral code, is when we have evil.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 09/12/08 08:54 AM

sex before the fall in the garden?

I don't think so, since these two individuals are just alegorical characters.
How can two alegorical characters have sex when you need two alive individuals in order to have intercourse?
Further, in the impossible event that Adam and Eve were to real people what relevance would have had if they had sex or not before the fall?
It would not affect life in the least.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 09/12/08 08:50 AM
I really and honestly believe that life starts when an individual spermatozoid fertilizes an individual egg. In this moment life in its whole extent is conceived.

What do you think or believe?

P.D.: I just would like to see how many people won't remain in the very question.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 09/04/08 01:21 PM

How am I pushing my beliefs into others? I am objecting to a lie.

It's a lie to you, and some other people. What makes you believe that because you and some other people believe it's a lie, it will be a lie for somebody else?

BTW I hate Santa Claus, I would never tell my children about Santa because I know it's a lie.

However, I honestly believe in the veracity and historicity of my Lord Jesus Christ, ergo, it follows if I teach my children about Him, I would not teach a lie because I believe in what I'm teaching.

Now if after teaching them what I believe, and later on in their lives they decide it's a lie well that is up to them.

Now for me believing in the historicity of my Lord is very subjective, however, there are thousands over thousands of objective proofs out there about His real existance in these world.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 09/04/08 12:59 PM

I do object to the continuation of spreading what very well is clear to me is a lie. It is one thing to believe a lie, but to spread to needy people searching for truth is just wrong in my opinion.

every individual is free to believe whatever they want. but when someone else pushes beliefs into others there is a problem.
I know the fundies do it. And your small voice is doing the same just the other way around.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 09/04/08 12:50 PM

There is no need to get insulting LW.

don't be paranoic. I'm not insulting anybody. I may be using harsh words, but I'm not insulting. Plus I was referring to the author of the book.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 09/04/08 12:47 PM

I still don't understand why anyone would want to believe in the biblical story to begin with.

that is not your freakin problem, my friend
live and the let live others.
don't be an atheist fundie.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 09/04/08 12:42 PM
who has already signed up for the party?

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 09/04/08 12:35 PM
Edited by TheLonelyWalker on Thu 09/04/08 12:36 PM
pathetic attempts of people who feel so threaten, people with some sort of paranoia against religion.
Everytime I see this kind of things my eternal question comes back: if people has reached such a level of enlightment, so they have seen that all the religion is the biggest lie ever told why they try so hard to push into others?

The only answer that comes to my head is that these pathetic individuals are just like the christian fundies, they are preaching over and over the same thing. They are proselytizing atheism.

All these lead me to one simple conclusion these pathetic individuals are the same class as the christian fundies. Both of them are preaching hate the only difference one side uses God as an excuse, and the other side doesn't use God, but at the very end both are the same.

TLW

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/30/08 10:42 AM

Listen to Jesus Christ. He was the greatest hypocrite who ever lived if you can trust the Bible to speak his words.

He's basically saying, "Fine. I forgive you. Now just go to hell because you aren't welcome at my place."

You have so many misconceptions that is not even funny.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 08/28/08 11:07 AM

others, are using their logic and reason to prove it's the infallible word of god without question.

It is the infallible word of God in the sense that God is teaching that there is something called Divine Law, and another thing called free will. God is teaching that man inherently know this Divine Law because man is image and likeness of God, but also man has free will to follow Divine Law or not.

With regards logic of those who say that there was actually a tree and Adam and Eve were historic characters who actually ate that fruit from that tree, well I don't see that much logic in that.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 08/28/08 10:14 AM

You know god better that any book could impart knowledge... Trust that knowing...

I partially agree with you.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 08/28/08 10:01 AM
thank you allflowerforyou

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 08/28/08 09:54 AM

but to go a little deeper, why would the fruit of one tree only have to be eaten one time to gain knowledge and the other have to be eaten daily or continously to keep from aging? why would he have created to diff. types of scenarios/results?

that is just a symbolism.
the theological principle would have been the same if God would have said: "Don't open that door."
It's just the fact that man was given an instruction which he didn't follow.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 08/28/08 09:44 AM

What kind of god would you be?

Fire and brimstone...?

Death and destruction...?

Non interfering...?

Interfering...?

would you throw lightning bolts and tantrums at non believers...?

or ...?

why all the options are so negative?

gives you the option to become positive...
however if you look in the bible you will find that the biblical god uses mostly negative options to control his 'believers'... makes me wonder why someone would believe in an obviously 'greatest story ever told' (story... i.e fabrication)

I won't argue your position of the "greatest story ever told." It would be a waste of time. You believe what you believe, and I believe what I believe.
With regard with the negativity shown in the Old Testament within the Bible. I just have to say that people need to know how to read the Bible. It can't be read literally.
Furthermore, if at some points there are negativity with regard God's actions, we need to read it contextually. why such thing happened? and not just read that happened, and say: oh! what a terrible God is that.
My personal view is that the New Testament presents the real God to its fullest, and the Old Testament since it was written for a different audience shows an incomplete view of God.
That is why some theologians say that the only way to understand the Old Testament is under the light of the New Testament.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 08/28/08 09:24 AM

What kind of god would you be?

Fire and brimstone...?

Death and destruction...?

Non interfering...?

Interfering...?

would you throw lightning bolts and tantrums at non believers...?

or ...?

why all the options are so negative?

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Thu 08/28/08 09:21 AM
greetings my people.
Let the joy of this glorious day shine upon each one of you.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25