Community > Posts By > TheLonelyWalker

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Wed 08/20/08 10:07 AM
very funny and amusing.
accepting such theory is the same as to say that all reality is just a projection of light within some sort of hollographic matrix.
how could the romans have invented something which they fought so intensely for so many centuries.
come on now!!!
just one question: what are the qualifications of the person who wrote all this?

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Wed 08/20/08 10:01 AM
Edited by TheLonelyWalker on Wed 08/20/08 10:02 AM
Yesterday or the day before I read something like this: why ask God to protect us from hurricanes if he created them. Such statement is a puerile statement trying to blame God for natural catastrophes.

Such statement comes from a syllogism like this:

God created nature.
Nature has catastrophes.
Therefore, God created natural catastrophes.

This would be the same as to say:

George W. Bush is a liar.
George W. Bush is an American.
Therefore, all Americans are liars.

Even though that in both cases the initial premise is true, in both cases the syllogisms follow faulty logic. Ergo, such reasonings are futile.

TLW.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Mon 08/18/08 11:40 AM

I have discovered that debating Bible inconsistencies is a waste of time because I have no problem with them. The reason I have no problem with them is that I don't consider for one second that the Bible is the "word of God." To debate inconsistencies just seems unproductive.

If people want to believe the Bible they will believe it until they decide it no longer serves them.

JB

finally, you understood, dear.flowerforyou

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Mon 08/18/08 11:39 AM

dear sweet tiny baby Jesus,

flood only the bad peoples homes... let the "good" people prosper from the devastation you are about to unleash...

if this is humor, it is a very saddistic kind of humor.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Mon 08/18/08 11:35 AM
Tropical Storm Fay, which may become in hurricane category one, is coming straight to us.
Please pray for us, so the Heavenly Daddy have mercy on us, and don't let this storm to cause that much material damage or even worse lose of lives.

Thank you.

TLW

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Mon 08/18/08 11:29 AM
plainly hell is just the absence of God.
the rest is just dramatic imagery.
as far as the openning statement.
when JFK became president, fundies raised hell because they thought the pope was going to take over the USA.
There is a lot of BS that people say against the Catholic Church, yet not everything is true.
Yet, the fundie anti-christian uses whatever comes into his/her hands to attack the Church.
It has been the same for 2000 years, it will be the same as long as the world is the world.
Yet the Church will remain.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 01:47 PM
since she started hanging out with the dog in washington she must have become stupid.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 01:42 PM

How can a person have the face to criticize something in others, and behave in the exaxtly same way as the behavior this person is criticizing?
is that being a bigot or hipocryte?
The answer seems self evident.
If I criticize christianity because some of the so called "christian" use the book that they keep in their armpit to judge others.
How can I have the face to judge the entire christianity to do the same?
Even worse when in my own family I have or had christians who I consider the most loving people.
Yet I make open statements in which I say all of them are this or that.
Am I saying that my loved family members who are or were christian (in life) were also judgmentla bigots?
Am I having double-speech?
Am I being ambiguous?
or just am I being a bigot and hipocryte as those christians who I am criticizing?

TLW

Walk a mile in someone elses barefeet before even attempting to understand their PERSONAL journey, let alone attempt to judge them...

....but you already know that lovely.:wink: :heart:

Oh my gosh!!!! It's what I have been saying all along. For that I get called names.

Maybe they will take it better from you. :smile:

funny thing she does not need to be a christian to think that.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 01:41 PM

How can a person have the face to criticize something in others, and behave in the exaxtly same way as the behavior this person is criticizing?
If I criticize christianity because some of the so called "christian" use the book that they keep in their armpit to judge others.
Even worse when in my own family I have or had christians who I consider the most loving people.
Am I saying that my loved family members who are or were christian (in life) were also judgmentla bigots?
Am I being ambiguous?
or just am I being a bigot and hipocryte as those christians who I am criticizing?

TLW

Walk a mile in someone elses barefeet before even attempting to understand their PERSONAL journey, let alone attempt to judge them...

....but you already know that lovely.:wink: :heart:

love ya my australian sisterflowerforyou

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 01:40 PM

Christianity as an "organized religious institution" is bigoted against non-believers.

That's a fact of life.

People who would like to denounce the organized religious institutions are clearly on their own. In fact, once they do that, they are free to make their own tenets of belief.

It is the organized religious institutions that force the tenets of the "religion".

Ancient stories by themselves are not a "religion"

There's no way that the so-called "Holy Bible" itself is even a valid book in it's entirety. Those collections of stories were collected together by men.

In the part of the Book the God supposedly says, "Thou shalt have no other God's before me".

But who was talking? Who was that God?

For all we know it could have been Zeus!!!

The God didn't say, "Hey, I'm going to write a book and thou shalt not have any books before mine"

That not what the God said.

How people turned a book into a God I'll never know. Other than it was the nature of man, (and Kings) to rule over the land. And if they can have a book that supposedly contains the word of the Almighty Creator of All, well, wouldn't that just give their authority all the more power?

The whole thing is all based on AUTHORITY!

Even the Bible speaks about God as if God is a "King". God has Kingdoms in Heaven and Earth. And he is the supreme RULER over those Kingdoms.

It's all about ruling over people and being the ultimate authority. It's the epitome of facsism.

Denounce the non-believers as being "disloyal" to the King of the universe! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!

It's all about asserting authority.

It's not how I view God at all. It's entirely a manmade agenda.

whenever you have less hate in your heart we will talk.
for now I'm going to sleep I have the night shift waiting for me.
i told you one day that you may be a good christian.
Believe me you are being hell of a so called "christian" or fundie.
the only difference is that you arguing backwards.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 01:36 PM

Im going to teach my kid not to hit by spanking him. Lets teach other countries not to kill people by sending in our troops to kill them. Sometimes I just want to throw a 2nd grader into the white house to explain things.

You missed the point. You don't kill people to teach them not to kill. You kill them so they can't kill. There is a reason why war is nasty--if it wasn't, it wouldn't teach people lessons and there would be no penalty. You should take off your rose colored glasses and start seeing the world for what it is.

Teach lessons??? by violence??? Ahh yeah that works..... NOT!!!

Every empire that reigned with force .....fell... historically proven... man is devolving in so many ways... governmental thinking is broke.... it needs fixing.

Violence does NOT teach anything... fear is not a motivator in a positive way.

yet the sheeps are still thinking that the reason of this war is to defend freedom.
i don't know what is more laughable the sheeps who believe the lie or the ridicule lie per se.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 01:15 PM
Am I being ambiguous?

TLW

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 12:49 PM
what is life without problems?
it would be so boring.
I rather be dead, than having a boring life without being able to use my brain solving problems.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 12:43 PM

At last night’s Saddleback Church “Faith Forum,” Republican candidate John McCain said the nation’s greatest moral shortcoming is its failure to ”devote ourselves to causes greater than our self-interests.”

Thoughts?

really?????????
when the stupid war in Iraq is serving the interests of a few. while the sheeps are paying the war, thinking that they are actually supporting freedom.
mccain=bush=dogs

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 12:38 PM
Amen.
God bless your grandma, you, and your whole family.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sun 08/17/08 12:04 PM
Edited by TheLonelyWalker on Sun 08/17/08 12:07 PM
Today's gospel is Mt. 15, 21-28 (The Canaanite woman's faith)
On the Homily Father Luis told us a story about the Civil War. It happenned that a soldier died in action, so his friends wanted to give him a decent burial.
They found a catholic church, and they asked the priest permission to bury their friend in the church's cementery, but the priest told them that due to Church's law a protestant could not be buried in a catholic church's cementery.
Thus, his friends buried him outside the walls of the cementary.
After some months his friends went back to visit his friend's burial place, and they could not find it. They went to ask the priest what happened. He told them that he realized that the Church's laws said that it was forbidden to bury protestants within the cementary walls, but it did not say anything about moving the walls outwards. So he did that to have this protestant man within the church's cementary.

We see something similar in this passage of the gospel when my Lord helped this canaanite woman.

verse 26:

He said in reply, "It is not right to take the food of the children and throw it to the dogs."

can be the perfect tool for the fundie who preaches a separatist and pharisaic God.

However, we can see how the faith, perseverance, humility, and good humor of her answer, made my Lord change his mind.

verse 27 reads:

She said, "Please, Lord, for even the dogs eat the scraps that fall from the table of their masters."

After this answer my Lord moved walls, in his answer:

Then Jesus said to her in reply, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed from that hour.

My Lord shows a basic truth of faith which the fundies don't get we are all God's children regardless. Heaven's doors are wide open for all of us. In the cross my Lord has the arms wide open to receive all of us, with unlimited love, and without asking anything.

My Heavenly Daddy loves each one of us regardless the fact that some deny him. The fact that we deny God does not mean that God stops loving man. It just mean that man is blind.

TLW.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/16/08 09:47 AM

I'm not sure that 'seeking' god's will can bring it to light for you. I'm not even sure one should try. Here's the reason why. Trying to be good and 'choosing' to do those things that you think serves some ultimate purpose, may not be the natural course, or path, you would normally follow. If you don't allow life to, at least partially be your guide, than you may not be letting nature (or your god) work through you.

well reddy, you just make sure to live "YOUR" life the best you can. i live mine, trying to find God's will, and that makes me happy.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/16/08 09:39 AM

2)- nobody really has the answers because they don't know, which probably really is the case.

I have the answer. It makes sense to me. If for the rest doesn't make sense. well for me it's the same as flying pigs.

Lonleywalker,

I can have the most ridiculous dream at night and upon remembering it, I realize that while in the dream everything made perfect sense to me, even the most absurd things.

How can that be? Do we not reason in our dreams? Or do we accept input as fact naturally. This reality makes perfect sense to us. What we believe, no matter how ridiculous it is, makes perfect sense to us.

Is our reasoning capability a product of our reality? Do we really see reality as it is or how we think it is?

What if when we "wake up" from this ridiculous dream we look back and realize how absurd everything really was.

What if everything you know to be true is a lie?

What if everything you hear on television is a Lie?

JB

whenever i wake up dear, I'll send you an email.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/16/08 08:38 AM
when the fundies, either christian or non-christian, start attacking each other without valid points over the argument, but with an ARGUMENTUM AD HOMINEM, then faith becomes a war tool.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/16/08 08:31 AM
I can't be described through generalities which can apply to anybody whatsoever regardless the date of his/her birthday.