Community > Posts By > Rasmus916

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 07/18/09 02:56 AM
So a few weeks ago, a bunch of buddies of mine took me out to a club. They said I needed to go out and meet new women, but there was a few problems.

A: I don't dance.
B: I hate synthesized music, give me live musicians.
C: Getting to the smoking area took an hour in itself working through the crowds.

Now please, don't get me wrong, my buddies are like brothers to me, but when they go out, its to the club. This time around I decided to take them to where I feel most compfortable.

I took them out to a small show me and two musician friends I met were jamming at. Ironically they all said they felt out of place. With the music I had rockin there, they all were so used to dancing to club music that the poor guys forgot how to dance to a live band and a live musician who can choose a song to fit the "moment" if someone needed it. I didn't even try to get a females number or go pimpin or anything like that (Trust me, I just got out of a 9 year relationship, my simply trying to "pull numbers" are pretty pathetic) yet, one of my buddies told me that there were at least two women who had there eyes glues to me when I was on stage.

LOL I was like "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS FOO!!"

Major issue there is that the live bands that play in my area nowadays are usually heavy metal (which I like) but it draws the wrong crowd usually. If I do find a nice spot with the jams that I dig and my enviornment, I am usually the youngest person there by 20 years, (I swear I was born in the wrong decade.)

Is there some instruction I can find somewhere or download to getting back into this dating scene?

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 07/18/09 02:44 AM
I was raised in a poor neighborhood and was more than glad the local programming was so far behind on what shows were "new." I was raised on Mighty Mouse, Hong Kong Phooey, BLACK AND WHITE Looney Toons, The Muppets, Howdy Doody....

Ya know, mabye I should stop before I realize I was a tv junkie when I was a kid....

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 07/18/09 02:36 AM
I read the profile and I must say, I am VERY impressed. Usually if it takes my mousewheel more than two "flicks" down to see how much you wrote, I read the first and last few lines. Yours, it kept me reading from beginning to end, and I must say, I am very, very impressed. I kinda hate it that I am so young, but meh, when I find an older me, I will make it a point to make the guys day and throw him on this website to introduce himself to you okay?

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/17/09 09:46 PM
No replies? HA! That must mean I am perfect!

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/17/09 05:42 PM
Edited by Rasmus916 on Fri 07/17/09 05:43 PM
ya know, the OP's standpoint burns me just a little too much. I was raised where my dad put his dates before me and my older brother, my brother raised me. Then as I got older, somehow found myself in a relationship with a girl who seemed great, but after a month of us dating, I found out her 6 year old daughter was taking care of her two sets of twins. Now, if she was willing to auctually take care of her kids, that would have been great, but she put everything in front of her kids. I ended up having to make that important phone call to put those kids in better hands.

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/17/09 04:05 AM
LOL, Harley Quinn from Batman. Google some pics of her, trust me, its enough said.

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/17/09 04:03 AM
Quoted from a movie I still have no clue what it is, there were lyrics to a song that sort of makes sence...

"It's more than I know
It's more than you know
It's more than we know

Love is"

So, well, to make a simple answer too long to worry, and then simplify it again, Love is.

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/17/09 02:50 AM
Before you go look, yes, I am completley honest in my profile. I know and understand it would scare away most, but I am auctually trying to not leave a false impression of myself. Honesty is a virtue no?

I can also take constructive critism. Ladies I would like your advice more than my fellow men, but all advice is gladly taken into account.

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/17/09 02:26 AM
Jesters? one name comes to mind, Harley Quinn /drool

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 10:09 PM
Well I just found out that my band is doing a show in about a month, nothing big there, but from what I hear some big time producers are going to be there to hear my blues band play. Just askin for a little love and a little prayer. :smile:

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 09:30 AM
Lex, I must thank you for making this thread now. It auctually inspired me to add that first paragraph in my profile. -.-

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 09:22 AM
Amazingly enough though, if I was filthy drunk at a club and used the cheapest pick up line I could come up with, I would more than likley get slapped, but at the EXACT same time, if the roles were switched, I was sober and a female did that to me. Well, I could honestly say I wouldn't be on this website at the moment. laugh

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 09:15 AM
Honestly taco, if I found the bag of corks I would have to invent some type of "spud cannon" but for corks. Thanks to you, long range pluggage is starting to sound incredibly entertaining.

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 09:11 AM

Hmmmm...IMO it's just semantics...why bother? If the term "unique" makes someone fell better about themselves...who are we to try to tear that down?

You would therefore, I assume, be OK with confirming a midget's assertion that he is, in fact, seven feet tall.

Honestly if I found a midget who had that bad of a Napolean complex, he would be my new best friend. The barfights we would get into, I would almost have to dress like Dr. Evil and force him to dress like Minime

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 09:06 AM

just had a guy ask me to help him get off.frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated rant

some guys are SO gross. Does that even work??:angry:
for some boys it does work. but for men, well no it would'nt work. tell that little boy to leave you alone or i will cork him.

LOL taco, is corking people the new thing of the day?

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 09:04 AM
I was thinking about it, and in all honesty, I am finding more and more that the only way to "truly" be unique is to simply not try to be unique. Too many people are trying so hard to be different, they all end up looking more like a herd of sheep.

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 09:01 AM
More and more I am finding myself stuck inbetween two different generations of people. When I am at work with guys who are older than me, they have never heard of half the music I listen to, and they can't understand how I can go from Skindred, to The Temptations, then to Ludacris, then to Metallica, and finally finishing it up with a bit of the beatles.

At the same time, one of my friends neices who is about 7 years younger than me "claims" she has a wide range of music, but when I was talking to her, she honestly had no clue who Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, or even The Sugarhill gang was. She had no clue what Woodstock was.

Kinda makes me wonder ya know?

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 08:50 AM
I tried getting into sweep picking, but I am a bass player, I gave up about 3 minutes into trying it and decided to go back to practicing Victor Wooten's double thump technique.

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 08:47 AM
Lex amigo, I will put it to you this way.

I was at a show about 4 months ago and the band opening for my old band had a fanclub of these "emo kids" who all dressed seemingly identical, 7 of 9 of the guys had the exact same haircut with the exact same dye that was black with neon red highlights.

While hanging out with a buddy of mine I happened to overhear thier conversation when it was between songs and all I caught was one of them saying, "I am so tired of people saying we all look so much alike! I wear what I wear to be unique."

It seemed relevant as I was typing it, but eh, lets see where that heads this conversation to.

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/16/09 08:30 AM
I vote we find a volunteer to test this expirement out on...