Community > Posts By > Jess642

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 10:25 PM
Edited by Jess642 on Fri 04/29/11 10:27 PM

Josie...do you actually say 'crikey'...in your day to day world?

I don't...although that toyota ad said it all...'bugger!'

:wink: laugh

and the 'g'day mate'...what the hell is that?

I often say g'day...but rarely say mate in my day to day world...and if I do...it is not in a 'matey' way...it's usually the blue cattledog version of..... see this lip curled, mate?

laugh

Nah , I dont say crikey, the kids do sometimes if they are shocked, Bugger we use, but g'day mate nah,g'day yep. mate I dont use, but the truckies use it all the time, all the boys are called mate..

I dont think I use most of the things that are suposed to be us.
Have a sticky beak , I use all the time.
Bloke we use,
I cant think of the others, and porbably wouldnt have even notices some fo the things we do say if it wasnt for here. oh and when I visited America it seemed that there where a lot of words that they didnt use, that I had to try and work out another way to say whatever it was I was talking about..
Anaconda is still stumped at times, but he is working it all out.

Take a gander...(for the un accustomed to aussie lingo...have a look)

Stone the bloody crows!!! ..(For F's sake!)

Yeah... having a sticky beak...(same...have a peek, a nosey parker look)

Fair Dink!...( REALLY?...Or truthfully!)

No wukkers!...I say a lot...(No worries)

and Too easy!...(for 'it's my pleasure' after someone says thankyou)

Hahaha my dad always said..'wrap your laughing gear around this'

laugh

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 10:20 PM

When we truly care about someone, do we really feel more pain when that person disappoints us in some way?

I am sat here reflecting and pondering....and once upon a time, I would have said ...yes.

Then I learnt that to have no expectations, meant there were no obligations....and then no disappointments..I have learnt to not place my own emotions on another for accountability.

To love without condition...is simply that...and it is the most liberating, deep and joyful form of love there is.

Do our feelings and emotions amplify how feel, nudging us closer to extremes?

It can...many people 'hand over' the responibility for their baggage, their pasts, and their emotions when they say, 'I love you'...and somehow the reciprient of that love now has total accountability and responsibility for the other persons feelings....and with that seems to come a thinner skinned hyper sensitivity...scary stuff!...hence the feeling for the reciprient of this person seemed normal and ended up a complete psycho.

Do you think it clouds our judgement more, or do we just need time and space to gain clarity?

Time and space...to first sort out what YOU own...then what your personal expectations are, and your personal boundaries....if someone 'hands over' full emotional responsibility to another...they are actually burdening the other...and have a whole new place of blame.

Is stoicism better or worse in these situations?

I don't know....it depends on the emotional health of the participants.

I've done the emotional relinquish... I've been the reciprient...neither worked for me...

what did and does, for me...is to not be beholden to another...not within either of us having to be responsible for each other's emotions..

Some would call it tough love..I call it unconditional love...to love without conditions....he gets to be him...he gets to do/deal with his emotions...I get to be me...and to do/deal with mine.

I found it a much deeper, mature love...a much more accepting love, and also a much more honest respectful love.

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 09:19 PM
laugh laugh laugh

:thumbsup:

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 09:16 PM

hahahaha...ummm I live in the sub tropics....it's kind of a given...

laugh

Yeh same here Jess, although my kids make me put a singlet on now, such a shame when the boys start getting embarrassed.

Did you find it was more when their mates were staying over?...My kids when they have visitors...usually go into my room, grab a sarong, and say "here mum...so and so is here"

laugh

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 09:11 PM
Edited by Jess642 on Fri 04/29/11 09:12 PM

Very cool...but, after arranging child/animal care, driving 300 km (I guess that is a long way), and enjoying an evening of good music and good company away from your standard life.....is sex an option on the table?

Absolutely!...and it's just over 200 miles)

I also don't have any prissy hangups...and am not scouting the universe for 'mr join me at the hip for ever and ever'...

I'm an adult woman...I get to do what I like.

I don't care what anyone says...we all know within 60 seconds if we COULD have sex with a person we meet...it's an instant...yes, or no.

and if it is not...then I will share with them, it's a no to sex....not in the first 60 seconds...but resonably soon into the date.

I expect the same, so why would I be less?

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 09:06 PM
hahahaha...ummm I live in the sub tropics....it's kind of a given...

laugh

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 09:03 PM
Edited by Jess642 on Fri 04/29/11 09:03 PM

Oh, I am a firm believer in equality and Women's Lib and all that crap...yet I don't see a whole lot of women volunteering to pay for the whole date....they may offer to pay for thier share (and that IS cool) BUT, they aint willing to splurge for dinner, movie/theatre, drinks and dancing for BOTH people...(unless you use the old "I forgot my wallet" ploy)....but, women don't bat an eye when you spend your whole paycheck on them.....(I have...but, I ain't all that bright)

You know why you should never date a woman that you meet at a laundry mat? Cause if she can't afford a washer and dryer then there is no way she can support you. (just a Man joke so don't bother with the hate mail)

You date the wrong chicks Texan...

I have paid for whole dates, happily, especially when it is an awesome band we want to see...and driven the 300 or so kms, AND organised 3 kids, all my animals, and taken time off work..unpaid.

I do what I want to do...and don't really think too much about who owes what to whom.

If he insists on paying...if he absolutely MUST..or his whole being will shatter into a million shards...

then I usually bring along a dustpan and brush.:wink: laugh

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 08:59 PM

Looked to me like the queen was dozing off a few times, now I know why they are so big on hats there. HAHAHA. I think William is cute, who cares if he is balding a little. Some people are a lil chubby, or a little haugnery. Some are a little short. He is still cuter than the carrot top....

laugh You caught that too?...she is 80 something...and another ceremonial doodaa for her to have to attend...she has so many grankids...

I loved reading Will's lips as he turned towards Kate...and said," You look beautiful'....I also liked as they said their vows they were bothing trying hard not to grin like fools...

I like Harry...he's a scally wag...naughty and cheeky...

Wills reminds me of my eldest son...all the pressure of family and manhood...I guess that's why it meant so much to me..

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 03:13 PM
Hmmm....I am not 'nice'....I see 'nice' as the edited, socially acceptable version of whatever truths you hold...the watered down version...the lets hold hands and sing Kumbaya together version...

I am not 'nice'...

I am real.

I expect people to share their truths with me...as I do them.

Unedited, unsoftened...

I can respect the person behind the words, for showing me enough respect to be their truthful honest self.

Jess642's photo
Fri 04/29/11 03:06 PM

All I can think is, his mummy would
be so proud.
Like we take up the moment for her.

I just saw them kiss for the second
time on the balcony.
All very majestic :-)

Exactly that Soufie...

I watched Diana marry Charles 30 years ago....and could relate to her so much..

I watched her with Wills and then Harry... as a young mother myself, with kids almost the same age...I watched her grow into herself and become a woman in her own right, against incredible adversity...

As did I...I watched her pain of ending her marriage...and could relate...

I wept for her boys walking behind their mother's coffin...those darling boys...

and now...as my eldest son prepares for fatherhood, and matrimony...I feel for her again...

I was a proud, by default, mother again...

:heart:

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 11:23 PM
Maybe it's time you got out of the palace's rubbish bin now...Shy..

thankyou so much for making this more instant and less booooring.

flowerforyou

am off to drink champagne!!!...(it's 4.30pm here...)drinker

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 11:12 PM
Huh?

laugh laugh laugh

Which one is it??/

50 mins...or a half an hour???

or 1 hour and 20 mins?

Huh?huh

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 11:04 PM
YyyyyyyyEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

There's something on the telly!!!
There's people everywhere!!!

whoohooo!!!

Hahaha our newsreaders/commentators are frocked up...

That was the LOoooongest instant gratification ever!!!

And only another how many hours until Kate gets there?

:banana:

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 11:00 PM

Kate would have to work out to wear Diana's dress.... she would have to have great upper back strength in order to pull that 25 foot train down the aisle..

...and the 43 pageboys and flower girls...laugh

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 10:54 PM

You'd end up upstaging the bride in that dress. Lol. I do wonder what she'll be wearing.

I know what she WON'T be wearing...Diana's gown!laugh

OMG!!! could you imagnine it??? all that bloody rumpled watermarked silk?...after 30 years???

Kate's got Diana's ring.....her gown would be a little tacky....and VERY wrinkled even after being pressed...

I saw that....and had a little weepy moment...

I wish his mum could see him today....I think she would be very pleased with how her sons grew up...and I think she would like Kate.

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 10:48 PM

Ummm I think you are gunna have to wait Jess, its not on until tonight..Well i think its on tonight,

Josie...I have a spy in the camp...Shy is perched outside some palace somewhere...in a covert disguise giving me instant updates on the dustman, the milkman, and the paper delivery dude...

glasses

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 10:47 PM

You'd end up upstaging the bride in that dress. Lol. I do wonder what she'll be wearing.

I know what she WON'T be wearing...Diana's gown!laugh

OMG!!! could you imagnine it??? all that bloody rumpled watermarked silk?...after 30 years???

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 10:46 PM
I was separated for 3 years....neither of us could be bothered going through the whole divorce thing...the children and property settlement were enough of a drama!

I think in the US they have a more rigid outlook than we do here Josie..

and isn't a divorced person still someone's ex wife or husband?huh

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 10:43 PM
I'm sorry Moe, am in a silly mood...

I had images of them all being plugged into a central computer and new data uploaded each night.

laugh

Jess642's photo
Thu 04/28/11 10:40 PM
Edited by Jess642 on Thu 04/28/11 10:41 PM

laugh Are you REALLY going to it? If you are, then that's way cool. Well, what do you expect? Nice looking lady, in a nice looking dress. Lol

rofl

Errrr....I am going to a loungeroom, and a tv, with some friends and their tiaras and champagne and lots of yummy gourmet homemade food.

They don't want me there...surprised (the church bit...not my friendslaugh )

The church would fall down...and they'd probably sit me next to Mahatmagoat the third...slaphead