Community > Posts By > Jess642

Jess642's photo
Tue 05/03/11 03:53 AM

I'm afraid the right-wing rhetoric and mind-set on this subject has gotten too disgusting even for me. I'm a liberal. I consider it an honor to be despised by right-wingers. I make no apologies. It really stinks in here.

noway I didn't add any garlic with dinner...was that me???

Well of course it is you Jess, I just showered, so it can't be me.noway

laugh laugh laugh

I don't know about you Josie, but I keep reading right wing this...left wing that...and keep looking down at my arms...and going, huh?

So a 'Liberal' is all about humanity?......not in our country!laugh

And a Republican is all about shoot em up...stomp on their heads??noway

Let's keep Australia out of becoming a republic, yeah???...let's hang onto the Royal family...:wink: laugh

Jess642's photo
Tue 05/03/11 02:27 AM

I'm afraid the right-wing rhetoric and mind-set on this subject has gotten too disgusting even for me. I'm a liberal. I consider it an honor to be despised by right-wingers. I make no apologies. It really stinks in here.

noway I didn't add any garlic with dinner...was that me???

Jess642's photo
Tue 05/03/11 02:25 AM
It's a terrible day in this planet's history....and a terrible day for all those who lost their loved ones.....caught in the crossfire of someone else's war.

Dancing for the 919 000 or so deaths that have accumulated over 9 and a half years...?

What shall be the 'collateral damage' of this day....I wonder.

ohwell

Jess642's photo
Tue 05/03/11 02:07 AM
Edited by Jess642 on Tue 05/03/11 02:08 AM

hahaha, i dont know anything about aussies, except they have really thick accents, lol.

laugh I had one of those moments yesterday....a woman from southern Texas, came into the store and asked me if we had any 'ace'...( I didn't know she was from texas at the time, that came out later)

huh <----that's what my face looked like...!!!

SO I politely said...'excuse me?'...and she said 'Ace'...huh <---more of that from me...

then she said...'yanno a little ole ace for your frozen goods'

think ..."Oh!!!...you mean Ice!"slaphead

rofl

We don't have accents...laugh

Jess642's photo
Tue 05/03/11 01:50 AM
Edited by Jess642 on Tue 05/03/11 01:56 AM

I'm out....unfortunately this is just compounding the sour taste in many Australians mouths....

Dragoness...you and yours are welcome here, in my house...if you need it..flowerforyou

Actually Australia was one of the first countries to pat us on the back.........

Austrian Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger welcomed the news, calling it "a relief for many people"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

Hahahaha Austrian???? from my trusty geography lessons...Austria is in Europe....

and our foreign minister is our ex Prime Minister...Kevin Rudd..

moving on to your media links of Australian media....who owns them...do you know?

Rupert Murdoch.

Who owns your media?

and not once did I speak for the politicos nor the media...I repeatedly mentioned everday Australians.

Big difference.

Australia.....is waaaay down south of there...laugh laugh laugh

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 07:00 PM

brokenheart :cry:

Well if you are crying over a man....suck it up Sally! I can assure you, he isn't worth crying over.
None of them are.....Any man that is worth crying over.....wouldnt make you cry....and isnt worth the tears. Period.

:)flowerforyou

I was just about to tear you a new one....

although your lack of understanding of the situation allows you the mistake.

Eileena....I just want to wrap you in my arms...and tuck you into bed.ohwell

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 06:56 PM
I'm out....unfortunately this is just compounding the sour taste in many Australians mouths....

Dragoness...you and yours are welcome here, in my house...if you need it..flowerforyou

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 06:48 PM

Jess, I understand what you are saying but you will find that those ugly low class Americans will show no human respect, they don't have it in them.

You know what concerns me, Dragoness?...it is exactly those people who will be the first to yell for Mumma when the sleepers of The Extremist groups are activated.

I don't play with silly conspiracies...I try and use common sense...

and commonsense dictates that with over 300 million people in your country and nearly 10 years for complacency to move in...especially given the financial situation of your people, and economy...it is ridiculous to assume that there are no extremists pottering around waiting to be called to arms.

It terrifies me....and I don't believe it will be what the average Joe expects....I don't think it will come from previous means of terrorism...I don't think it will be transportation..

ohwell

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 06:39 PM

war is war, life is rough all over... to bad

What a fantstic response.....EXACTLY how the world is seeing your country right now...:cry:

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 06:37 PM
http://articles.cnn.com/2006-10-11/world/iraq.deaths_1_gilbert-burnham-death-rate-ali-dabbagh?_s=PM:WORLD

or this from your cnn....in 2006!

War has wiped out about 655,000 Iraqis or more than 500 people a day since the U.S.-led invasion, a new study reports.

Violence including gunfire and bombs caused the majority of deaths but thousands of people died from worsening health and environmental conditions directly related to the conflict that began in 2003, U.S. and Iraqi public health researchers said.

"Since March 2003, an additional 2.5 percent of Iraq's population have died above what would have occurred without conflict," according to the survey of Iraqi households, titled "The Human Cost of the War in Iraq."The survey, being published online by British medical journal The Lancet, gives a far higher number of deaths in Iraq than other organizations.The report's release came as nearly four dozen Baghdad civilians became casualties in another day of bombs and gunfire.

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 06:34 PM
Errr...excuse me....make that over 900 thousand, and we'll talk....

At least 919,967 people have
been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq
since the U.S. and coalition attacks, based on lowest credible estimates.

Sources and methodology are explained in the sidebar. Some questions about lower or higher casualty counts cited elsewhere are addressed in these footnotes. This page is updated about once monthly. Most recent update: Aug. 10, 2010.

# Casualties in Afghanistan:
Afghan troops killed [1] 8,587
Afghan troops seriously injured [2] 25,761
Afghan civilians killed [3] 8,813
Afghan civilians seriously injured [4] 15,863
U.S. troops killed [5] 1,140
U.S. troops seriously injured [6] 3,420
Other coalition troops killed [7] 772
Other coalition troops seriously injured [8] 2,316
Contractors killed [9] 298
Contractors seriously injured [10] 2,428
Journalists killed [11] 19
Journalists seriously injured [12] unknown
Total killed in Afghanistan 19,629
Total injured in Afghanistan 48,644

# Casualties in Iraq:
Iraqi troops killed [13] 30,000
Iraqi troops seriously injured [14] 90,000
Iraqi civilians killed [15] 864,531
Iraqi civilians seriously injured [16] 1,556,156
U.S. troops killed [17] 4,414
U.S. troops seriously injured [18] 31,882
Other coalition troops killed [19] 318
Other coalition troops seriously injured [20] 2,296
Contractors killed [21] 933
Contractors seriously injured [22] 10,569
Journalists killed [23] 142
Journalists seriously injured [24] unknown
Total killed in Iraq 900,338
Total injured in Iraq 1,690,903

http://www.unknownnews.net/casualties.html

I couldn't use a US military source because they don't even want to show the numbers...

even if these figures were halved....

it is still the most shameful amount of numbers.

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 05:15 PM
Edited by Jess642 on Mon 05/02/11 05:17 PM

"...Because everything that doesn't suit her beliefs is ugly, hateful, hate mongering, fear mongering and not to mention racist."

...and that is cowardly, how? huh

To have a different view to yours makes her cowardly?

And for a bit of background information...the people on the street here in Australia are shell-shocked.....absolutely shell-shocked by the behaviours of your people we are witnessing through your media.

We find it ugly....and quite disturbing.

We feel very 'lessened' by this lesson....

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 05:10 PM

you would see just how fast I can cry my way through a box of tissues

:heart:

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 05:09 PM

Thank you everyone, Jon will keep this updated... I don't have the ambition to talk about it.

I love you Eileena...and feel so terribly sad with you...until you have the desire to reconnect...I will hold you with open arms, beautiful lady.:cry:

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 03:29 PM

The ugliness (celebrating death and being disgusting about his body) that is shown by Americans who shame all of us will be the reason that we Americans can never rest our minds from being hated throughout the world.

More cowardly liberal blah blah blah

How is the words typed above cowardly?

How can one woman's view be seen as cowardly?

I feel such contempt for those who hide behind such blase comments...that is cowardly.

Rather than give an educated and informed response you type something like that?

And Dragoness....I hope you know you are not hated as a country by me...I don't hate anyone...anywhere...and most everyday Australian I speak with don't hate your country...we react to the arrogance and posturing...but there is no hate.

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 03:17 PM

Ok I know tha I am probably going to get my head bitten off for this, but is his death a good thing.

Isnt it just going to bring more retaliation and hurt..

Does anyone really think that if this has happened that the people who believe d in him and followed him will just lay down and say Ok you have won..

I dont know, Australia is a long way away and I am probably oblivious to most things that happen.

But to me it seems like everyone, us included is losing a lot of boys over there already, and now people will be out for revenge..

Sorry just my opinion..

Mine also Josie...and I have sat this morning, since dawn, with a single mum around our age, whose boy is in the hills of Afganistan...she is so sick with anxiety...she just wants all our boys home...NOW.

She knows what is coming next...she can feel it in her bones...and she is terrified.:cry:

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 03:05 PM

Jess, I can relate to your sentiment about rejoicing over death

although, for different intentions, i also believe there are reasons for death to be rejoiced,,,,

I think the 'relief' factor comes in the knowing that he is no longer out there,,,much like if a serial killer were caught

in this case, the confrontation lead to deaths, instead of capture which could have lead to a more civil brand of 'justice'

people are overzealous over the 'death' part, but I think underneath many of us are feeling more 'relief' than joy

Thankyou Ms Harmony....that was very kind...

What concerns me deeply is of course, the reaction across the internet, the media, and I am sure in the US of everyday people...but moreso the apparent lack of understanding as to what has been done.

In an extremist view...your country killed a saint...of course not to us...but to his followers...and by 'cutting off the head'...in this instance will not remove extremist violence...I can feel, as we digest this latest news across the world...there are 50 more heads being grown on that extremist body.

That is what alarms me...how many have already died for the almost ten year search for one man?...a figurehead is all he was...

and I mentioned in my first post...these people have entrenched in their inherited instincts to continue the fight....these people fight for centuries...not years...they fight through generations.

I am literally terrified for what awaits the common man, the children of the US.

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 02:37 PM
Edited by Jess642 on Mon 05/02/11 02:42 PM

FECK!....really?scared

Jayzuz bloody kerrist on a pogo stick!!!!...and you are all happy?surprised

So......Al Queida and Islamic extemists just dissolved like the bad witch in Wizard of Oz???...with the death of Osama Bin Ladan???...are you seriously believing that?...he was an old man with over-zealous vicious ideas of what SHOULD be right in his world....same as you guys....no different... I have watched the inhumane slaughter of innocent people in your so-called War on terror..and you people allow it...by calling it collateral damage?????

Are you all f *cking mad????.....

I'm floored with the craziness some of you are displaying,....

You do realise the giant red target is back....don't you?

Your people fight wars for 5 -10 years....the longest was Vietnam...and that was a p* ssing contest in comparison to what has been created.

The hornet's nest you have poked with a stick, fight wars for centuries...absolutely mercenary..vicious and without remorse.

Your children's children's children will still be looking over their shoulders.

I am apalled...and unfortunately we as Australians, are guilty by association...

awesome!slaphead we associate with zealots and insane people...whoa

I guess you felt the same way after the bombing in Bali?

Wondering what all the fuss was about?

It was just a few hundred aussies.. No big deal.. Can't piss them off because they might get mad..

I felt sad....not just for the people who lost their lives...and I had friends who were in 9/11...as well as Bali....so I have a personal investment also...

However, I felt desperately sad for the whole world...incuding us humans...

we've devolved...for all our technical cleverness, we have become less.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.-Mahatma Ghandi.:cry:

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 02:33 PM
I'm not....I just live at the opposite end of time...laugh

Jess642's photo
Mon 05/02/11 02:55 AM
Edited by Jess642 on Mon 05/02/11 03:00 AM
Italy.....write a letter each day....to your son...don't edit them....just write it out....everything, anything, whatever piece of your pain you touch at the time.

At the end of the week....paste each page of each letter onto a page of a journal...again not editing...

Write everyday....

do this for 6 months, even if it means 6 journals...

and then...and ONLY then....I want to ask you to read them, in their entirity...

and what you will read is a mother.....whose heart walks around outside her body...in the form of her son.

After six months, if you have found the content of each letter is still remorse...I am going to ask you to do something.

Each day from that six months on....you are to write a letter...celebrating each day of your son's life from your pregnancy onwards until your divorce....again, into journals at the end of the week...

Then read those journals...when you have celebrated something about your son on the last day you spoke with him....the last entry so to speak...

I promise you...one day...in HIS life he is going to appreciate you...it may be after your death....but it is your legacy...a mother's legacy for her son.

:heart: