Community > Posts By > Jess642

Jess642's photo
Sat 05/14/11 06:09 AM

I think the fact that I gravitated towards this thread because of title, speaks volumes.ohwell laugh

laugh I second that motion...ohwell

Jess642's photo
Sat 05/14/11 06:07 AM
Hiya greeneyed.!

We are in shock mode...this time of year the overnight temps usually meander somewhere around 11 degrees celcius...and we have expereinced minus 1...unheard of!

I'm in the subtropics...similar to your florida temps...usually.noway

Jess642's photo
Fri 05/13/11 11:40 PM

Wow seriously everyone has like over 8000 posts in here. Me with my few hundred (200) am wondering if you guys have a life! ha ha!

Don't tell me you spend the entire day looking in the forums. Am I talking with a bunch of retired folks in here. Just playing! I tend to crack myself up sometimes!laugh

Anyway now I know we have a bunch of Forum Genius's!

How about we have a look at your post count in 2015...after 4 years and see what your count is up to???laugh

Jess642's photo
Fri 05/13/11 11:38 PM
rofl rofl rofl

You lot would have your knickers in a twist if you were here...

we greet others by saying things like...'howthfukareyah?...'whathefukdoYOUwant?..
NotYouagain?'...

We don't go much for the sweety sweety sickly insincere stuff...we would rather tease the heck out of people.

Jess642's photo
Fri 05/13/11 11:29 PM
I have nothing to confess to, Your Honour:angel:

...and quite frankly...I don't have a desire to know yours either....Oh Fictitious Mythical One Day Partner.

Jess642's photo
Thu 05/12/11 03:12 PM
I find it funny...as this saying was ONLY said in Mc Donalds, by their staff, here in Australia, from the early 80's/late 70's when McD first arrived here.

We used to look at them like they were idiots...firstly they didn't mean it, secondly the mechanical rote style of speaking was so foreign for us aussies, and thirdly no-one said 'have a nice day' to complete strangers.

We still say, "See ya!'...some older aussies still say, 'Ooroo!'...or simply, 'Bye'...

in the supermarkets and shops it's kind of funny, still to have sales people saying endearing kind of things when all they are doing is processing your products and taking your money.

The equivalent to the American, 'have a nice day'...in Australia would be, 'Enjoy your day.'

laugh

Jess642's photo
Thu 05/12/11 03:04 PM

Aright figure the World over can't be wrong,tear me a new one be kind. My exfiance has got it unconditional mean no conditions to Love someone. We fell in Love as for me and now her never can fall out of Love. Question do we now get married if so how soon;or run like Hell!!!

"...Alright, I figure the world over can't be wrong. Please be kind, and don't tear me a new one..

My ex fiancee seems to have it all worked out, she believes in unconditional love, meaning, loving without conditions.

We fell in love, and in my understanding she can never fall out of love.

Do we now get married, because she will love me forever, should I marry her soon, or run like hell?..."

Errr....there's one small discrepancy in your post....you said your 'EX-FIANCEE'...

would that not make it a little tricky to marry her, if you are not together?...

and why are you no longer together?

Jess642's photo
Thu 05/12/11 02:57 PM
I don't know.....

I am not sure as to which parameters you are using the term for...

I have met some people that have an ingenious outlook on life, on their world, and have the scope and latitude mentally, to live their lives accordingly.

Isn't it all relative? Do we not use ourselves as the baseline, and then compartmentalise others who are perceiving in a broader way?

Jess642's photo
Thu 05/12/11 06:04 AM

I think the most disturbing part of the documentary (for me anyway) is how the Siberian permafrost (I think they called it) is melting away. Underneath that permafrost is tons of methane that could escape into our atmosphere poisoning our air! So if the planet continues to warm at this rate we can be in bigger trouble then we have ever estimated. Seriously I feel we have to get huge machines blowing cold air onto those areas to keep that ice from melting over there!

Am I overreacting??

No...and my understanding of the Amazon basin is the trees/forest are the lungs of our planet...taking in co2, and releasing h2o...but when the trees are stressed, as the forest is becoming, through deforestation, it reverses the cycle and releases the stored co2 back into the atmosphere.

Which is only going to compound what is already happening globally.

It appears to be a rather leaky sieve we are playing with.

Jess642's photo
Thu 05/12/11 05:55 AM

I don't want to be happy....

there is no 'want' involved...I am content...because I created the mindspace to be so...there is no striving, no attachment to material wants..

It's a state of mind...nothing more...to 'want' something is to decide that something is already lacking in you or your world...it becomes a sense of less, with that kind of mindset.

I can remember a story shared a few years ago...

An old monk sat in his garden enjoying the warm rays of the spring sunlight, when some of the town's most successful and erudite people came to see him...

They asked, "Oh Father, please show us what this enlightenment is, and how to attain it".

He quietly raised his arm and pointed down to the creek, where the Village Idiot was merrily playing in the shallows.

The Towns folk reared back in indignation, and said, "Surely you mock us!"

Again, he quietly raised his hand and pointed, and again a few of the Town's folk voiced their contempt.

A third time he raised his hand and pointed, and a young man, who had wandered over to see what all the fuss was about, said, " Ahh father, you are so correct!...see how content and joyful he is, in everything he does!...he wants for nothing and enjoys the moment he is in!"

Happiness is for the Enlightened Village idiot.:wink:

That's because ignorance is bliss. If I, being of sound mind, could chose between ignorant bliss and knowledge with discontent I would not chose ignorant bliss.

But if you look at the world and you have no passion or preferences for anything and you don't decide or chose what you want or don't want anything then you will create and attract things into your life by default and not on purpose.

You said, ".to 'want' something is to decide that something is already lacking in you or your world...it becomes a sense of less, with that kind of mindset."

I disagree. To want something and to intend to have it is your power to direct your attention to the things you want and bring them into your experience. It is your conscious will to create your life on purpose.

The thing that creates lack is attention to the thing you do not have and attention to the state of not having it. Once you decide and know what you want with the intention that you have it, then it will manifest into your experience.

Or you could just chose to take whatever comes and be ignorantly blissful, but that does not appeal to me.

I hear what you are conveying JB...and you are correct in your response....i do not disagree at all.

For me...and only me....I heard something in the story I shared...there's a form of surrender involved....relinquishing the constant striving, and the mousewheel of 'I'll be happy when I.......', I just chose to be joyful in the calm moments and not be as reactive to the not so calm ones.

I have INTENTION...and ironically, had the same conversation today with a group of friends...there's will, and intention, and there is also surrender...your intention is set, your will is in place, and there is also a surrender to the uncontrollable elements that shift you along the way to your intention(outcome).

Flex....learning to flex, and to relinquish the potential rigidity of will....and allowing.

When I wrote the post above, my mindset was relative to this being a dating site....(it is noway ???)...and the continual thread/current that runs through many Threads of 'Why can't I find Mr/Ms Wonderful?...Why am I unhappy with this, that and the other?...Why am I unable to find Mr/Ms Perfect?'..

I guess I am saying, I found my internal (ignorant for some) bliss, by relinquishing the whole 'lacking' mentality....and just get on with my day to day world, in blissful contentment.

I know, sucks to be me.:wink:

Jess642's photo
Thu 05/12/11 05:20 AM
Edited by Jess642 on Thu 05/12/11 05:21 AM
It takes a village to raise a child...and this village is our 'family'...my kids have many fathers, many mothers, many aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers...'family of the village, and none blood ties)

They've learnt to love and be loved by so many people who have shared their childhoods, stood beside them through the rough patches, and applaud them in their successes.

As my eldest son and his partner, prepares for imminent parenthood, of a daughter (we learnt today!!!)...a whole village is doing a happy dance...all with a vested interest in this new little person.

We extend around the world...Rhi used to spend hours playing brat dolls (type thing), with Inanna, (Alex's youngest) on Skype...one little girl in Australia, the other in Amsterdam...

we don't have blood boundaries...we have heart ones.:heart:

Jess642's photo
Thu 05/12/11 05:14 AM
Dear Diary,

I get to be the grooviest granny...of a little girl!...18 weeks or so to go, and she will be in our world, with all of us waiting to welcome and love her!

:heart:

I am super excited...my eldest son, soon to be a daddy of a precious little girl.

Jess642's photo
Wed 05/11/11 03:18 AM

It SUCKS being disoriented!

noway

laugh laugh laugh

You're SOOOOO naughty!!!tongue2

Jess642's photo
Wed 05/11/11 03:07 AM
Edited by Jess642 on Wed 05/11/11 03:08 AM
Feisty...dude, you are in Sydney, Australia....whinging to mostly American posters on a US based site.

You're 40....in a racially diverse city, in a racially diverse country, and clutching at straws!

Have you considered the reason why Asian women are choosing not to date YOU, has nothing to do with your heritage, and more than likely your blinkered and prejudiced attitude???

Suck it up, Princess!

Are you Australian?...then go date an Australian woman....and quit whining about what you think you are missing out on.

Jess642's photo
Wed 05/11/11 02:58 AM
Edited by Jess642 on Wed 05/11/11 02:59 AM
I watched the movie yesterday morning over my breakfast, then went to our local Community Garden meeting, came home and prepared more garden beds for the food forest, took delivery of 7 new bamboos, all ranging from edible to construction grade bamboo...spoke with an Indigenous Bush Tucker Nursery about which trees to plant here...then bundled up my excess produce, (organic fruit, vegetables and free range eggs) and dropped off food parcels to my neighbours...

...and am currently in an online Question Time with our State Premier on Sustainability, regional and State...

I'm doing my bit!:wink:

Jess642's photo
Wed 05/11/11 02:47 AM
I don't want to be happy....

there is no 'want' involved...I am content...because I created the mindspace to be so...there is no striving, no attachment to material wants..

It's a state of mind...nothing more...to 'want' something is to decide that something is already lacking in you or your world...it becomes a sense of less, with that kind of mindset.

I can remember a story shared a few years ago...

An old monk sat in his garden enjoying the warm rays of the spring sunlight, when some of the town's most successful and erudite people came to see him...

They asked, "Oh Father, please show us what this enlightenment is, and how to attain it".

He quietly raised his arm and pointed down to the creek, where the Village Idiot was merrily playing in the shallows.

The Towns folk reared back in indignation, and said, "Surely you mock us!"

Again, he quietly raised his hand and pointed, and again a few of the Town's folk voiced their contempt.

A third time he raised his hand and pointed, and a young man, who had wandered over to see what all the fuss was about, said, " Ahh father, you are so correct!...see how content and joyful he is, in everything he does!...he wants for nothing and enjoys the moment he is in!"

Happiness is for the Enlightened Village idiot.:wink:

Jess642's photo
Wed 05/11/11 02:04 AM
Dear Diary,

I have found the ultimate 'fast food'!!!...oven fry sweet potato chips! OMG!!...I just plonked them on a pizza stne and turned the oven on!...the kitchen is now warm and snug, and I have a feast!

7 bells and all's well!bigsmile

Jess642's photo
Tue 05/10/11 03:22 PM
Perhaps talk to one of the women you are looking at marrying...or even try the one who has sex 4 times a week...

Jess642's photo
Tue 05/10/11 03:16 PM
Edited by Jess642 on Tue 05/10/11 03:18 PM
I thought I had best add a link...:wink:

http://www.fromnz.co.nz/cart.php?target=category&category_id=361&gclid=CKyzotq03qgCFQvbbgod0DlRxQ

http://www.nzgifts-souvenirs.co.nz/possum/

Jess642's photo
Tue 05/10/11 03:06 PM

It's not easy to get a country to change it's tastes in domestic products. Breeders have been raising fine-fiber llama and cahmere goats for 30 years now. The fiber goes nowhere but to the hand-spiiners, because the domestic mills do not show any interest. There has been some success with domestic Alpaca, but America is left with inferior cashmere from China.

Something I really liked when in New Zealand was their possum products...they have a huge issue with possums over there..and how they manage it is they have created a niche market of incredibly fine, soft fibres used in their garment industry.

Sadly, a lot of producers have started shipping off their fibres to be made in other countries, then shipped back....

I find 'grass roots' industry to be a more sustainable way of supporting communities..and feel there needs to be more of it.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25