PropheticServant's photo
Sun 11/01/09 05:20 PM
Indiana held out for a looong time there for a while. But in 2006? I believe, (don't quote me!) we suddenly became conformists. It sucks! rant let's go back to leaving our clocks alone! "We The People" should have a clock-strike...lol:laughing:

PropheticServant's photo
Sun 11/01/09 05:15 PM
INDY HERE

PropheticServant's photo
Sun 11/01/09 04:34 PM

The Constitution was written by men and most americans choose to take it quite seriously.

flowerforyou Great point. drinker

PropheticServant's photo
Sun 11/01/09 03:55 PM
Edited by PropheticServant on Sun 11/01/09 04:00 PM

that's ok Funches, i have said what i'm going to say here. Not going to argue anymore cause arguments just cause anger and pushes people away. I'm going to let the words i've said set in and have God take it from there. And i ask you to read my words that i've said with an open heart and open mind. I hope you let the lord into your heart i give you my word that after you have your life will change for the better, you'll have more love in your life and life will get easier for you. Please just give it a chance funches, i beg of you.

thanks...and may I suggest that you take time to read what's actually in the bible and not make up your own version

Here is what the Holy Bible teaches about death. Are you even aware that there are 3 kinds of death, Funches?

The First Death is a Spiritual Death.
Spiritual death occurs when one sins against God in an accountable way. God alone knows when, and if, this occurs with each person. Some, who are mentally incapable, may never reach a point of accountability. God alone decides this. The first man was told,"From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it shall you surely die." (Gen.2:16,17). Adam did eat of it, and Adam did die.
"Aha" I hear you say. "You want to take the Bible literally--but Adam did not die that day!" Oh, but he did. The day he sinned, in fact the moment he sinned, he died.
Adam was instantly separated from God, and that placed him in Spiritual Death. When addressing Christians about their pre-conversion state, Paul said, "you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formally walked according to the course of this world...we too all lived in the lusts of the flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh, and of the mind, and were by nature, children of wrath, even as the rest." (Eph.2:1-3). We were "dead" -yet "walked" and "lived!" Sin makes one spiritually dead to God--even though still alive mentally, emotionally, volitionally, and physically.

Death Number TWO is the Physical Death.
This is the first of the physical deaths, but the second experience of death. When Adam sinned, the environment gained dominion over Adam's body. When examining the curses of Genesis 3:14-19, some say God cursed the serpent and the ground--but not the man and woman. While it is possible God did not change Adam's body (He just strengthened the environment), I do not believe this is the case. For example, I do not think Adam and Eve originally relieved themselves behind bushes in The Garden of Eden. Their bodies changed. (Just as Eve would not have had labor pains
etc.) But whatever the case, the reality of physical death, when that did not exist before, is a curse on the man. The Bible teaches that we are Adam's descendants and, unfortunately, we inherit his mortal flesh. Our bodies will succumb to this environment--no matter how well we take care of them. And thus, we have the NATURAL death that you are very much pointing out here Funches. Jesus, Son of God, Saviour, the Messiah, did in his fleshly form, "die a physical death" on the cross--of causes related to the "natural" world that we can currently see.

The third and final death is the Eternal Death.
The Bible calls this death - "the second death" (Rev 2:11, 20:6,14, & 21:8) It is the second death physically, but for those so subjected, this will be their third experience of death. Also, in this "death" nothing dies in the sence of "ceasing to exist" (Mt 25:41 & Rev 20:10). The Bible teaches this is a physical place, occupied by physical beings who will be eternally alive--yet the place is void of any benevolence from God. Alive--yet no life. There are two phases to this place. Hades is a "holding tank" for disembodied souls who have physically died apart from Christ. It is a place of torment with no escape.
Occupants are mentally, volitionally, and emotionally alive, but remain spiritually dead. Their body will be resurrected on Judgement Day, and transferred to Hell--the final
destination for everyone outside of Christ (Jn 5:28,29). Jesus refers to Hell as a place of "eternal punishment"(Mt25:46). The most accurate of descriptions and the most vivid of imaginations fall desperately short of describing the reality of this place. Just as I cannot grasp or convey how magnificent Heaven will be, so also I cannot grasp or convey the true dreadfulness of that place. No one can. And thus, we come to Cowboy's point as far as Jesus did not in all actuality "die." Jesus was, is, and will forever live on for eternity in Heaven. Only his body of flesh and bone during the short duration of time that He was on earth died in the second death physically. His untarnished soul however is very much ALIVE, and always will be. And all those who follow Christ in the
natural world here will contine to have everlasting life in Heaven, another realm of existance for disembodied souls who are judged favorably because of their action while "alive" in the natural world on earth.

PropheticServant's photo
Sun 11/01/09 10:23 AM

I don't understand the whole twilight phenomenon. I have read all of the books and watched the movie only because once I start a series I have to finish it, no matter how terrible it is.

Some of Stephanie Meyer's ideas were decent but the books weren't written well. Perhaps they would have been better if she had written more beforehand. Then again they could have been just as terrible, who knows.

I'm curious as to whether she was writing to go to big screen? I don't recall much of a time distance between when the books came out and when it went into production?

I could swear Harry Potter had a break between the start of the first several books and the movies.

No, Stephenie Meyer never even really planned to write an entire novel, let alone a series. Initially, it was just a story in her head that kept growing as she wrote it down. She was shocked at the popularity of the books herself.

As far as time from book to movie? Twilight the book originally came out in 2003. The movie wasn't in theatres until November 2008. (And she was still writing the last book of the series during the filming of Twilight.)

As far as her writing style? I believe the books are infinitely better than the film (so far). Though I do intend to watch the others. Granted that she had not had any books published before Twilight. But honestly, for an author who has written only a 4 book series along with the single title The Host....and ALL 5 are being made into movies? That is some spectacular luck, especially for a newer author.
(The Host for those who don't know has no vamps/wolves--it's a sci-fi novel and very different.)
The way I see it, even if her style of writing is not your "cup of tea" you should at least respect her in a professional capacity.
And if you didn't like the lines written in for the movie--that's all the screenwriter, Melissa Rossenburg. Casting, IMO left much to be desired for some characters. But essentially Rossenburg kept as close to the original story as possible.

Books and Movies are 2 entirely different mediums for entertainment, and so really can not be judged the same. You invest more time in a book, and so naturally, you will hear most of the people who have read it say they like the books more. And naturally in a roughly 2 hour span of film-time, there is no way to fit an entire book into that time frame.

Though I WILL agree that many of the various movies listed above are better films than the original Twilight Film (But Twilight was extremely LOW budget and the others in the series are spearing no expence so they should be better, along with bringin in a newer, more experienced director.)
Many of the above vamp-flicks are in my personal collection at present. --And I don't believe Queen of the Damned was mentioned yet. John Carpenter's Vampires? From Dusk til Dawn? The Lost Boys? just a few off the top of my head that have not been mentioned.

PropheticServant's photo
Thu 10/15/09 05:57 PM

Insert your candidate's name wherever you see the word "love". This is the Bible's best description of love. It is NOT the Bible's best example.

Love is: 1Corinthians 13:4-8

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

No, I won't sing: Is this love...that I'm feelin?...

GOD bless.

What an excellent post. I like the way you see & explain this. :smile:

PropheticServant's photo
Thu 10/15/09 05:51 PM
Thank you for this wonderful explaination.

God bless you! flowerforyou

PropheticServant's photo
Thu 10/15/09 11:57 AM
Christmas

thunderstorm vs blizzard?

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 10/09/09 02:54 PM

i read the first two and then faded out. its been months and last night i went looking for the third one and cant find it in b&n. I dont like the cop much nor do i want to know his story but i'm crazy anal about reading series in succession so in order to get to the others i have to force myself past him.

but i loved zhadists story. its the only reason why i started reading the series.

Ya know, I felt the same way at first about Butch. And I also have to read a series in order. But I was majorly surprised at how good his book was and ended up liking him as a character much more afterwards. Plus additional subplots are revealed in that book that are pretty awesome too. I would reccommend that you go ahead and read his book too.

Z is by far one of my favoite brothers--if not #1 he's neck and neck with V at least.

PropheticServant's photo
Sun 09/27/09 08:59 AM
Well, hello there MissR! I knew I couldn't be alone here in my love of the Brothers!! Are you a Cellie??

I know--J.R. Ward (The WARDen) is abso amazing.

And I do read others as well. I don't know Feehan offhand, but I believe Sherilyn Kenyon, J.R. Ward, and a couple of other authors co-autored a book called Dead After Dark. 4 short stories, pretty quick read. (Too quick IMO). Christina Dodd has a pretty cool series out too.

How far have you read in the BDB series? I have read (completely) the first 6 books, and the BDB Insider's Guide with Z & Bella's Novella in it about after the birth of their baby, and I am about 2/3rds of the way through Lover Avenged--the 7th book. I'll be done with it today more than likely though. :banana: Rehv is off the hook in this one!! :banana:

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 09/18/09 06:32 PM
it's okay =D

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 09/18/09 10:37 AM

Any BDB fans out there? :banana:

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 09/18/09 10:31 AM
This was an erroneous rumor. Stephenie Meyer is NOT being sued. And it is a shame that some reputable sources reported this as being true without checking their facts first. Just because people like to gossip and spread stories online, it grew so much that Steph had to issue a public statement about the lawsuit and various other rumors that have/had been circulating.

The following is the public statement that was given by S. Meyer:

"There are a lot of things I should be doing updates on—for example, how awesome and successful the Book Babe event was, and how cool it was to meet all the other authors and hang out with them a little bit, and how much I appreciated all the tremendous support from the fans—but instead of commenting on happy things (which I admit I should have done a week ago; I was waiting for things to slow down for a day, silly me!), I'm commenting on ridiculous internet rumors so that my publicist's day will be just a little bit better.

I am not being sued. No one has contacted me or my publisher to inform either of us that I'm being sued. I never had a roommate named Heidi. There is no professor in the BYU English department named Dr. Peter Benton (though there is a character on ER by that name). And most of all, I began writing Twilight exactly the way I've told people in countless interviews and events for the past six years: I had a cool dream, I wrote it down, writing it down was really fun, so I kept writing until I had a whole book.

The sad thing about this silly situation is that so many legitimate news outlets reported it without doing any research at all to determine if there was any truth to the story. And at least two of these facts are really, really easy to confirm. Particularly, the one about the BYU professor. A simple on-line search can give you that information. Also, a quick call to my publisher would have cleared up the whole lawsuit story. (Kudos to the fansites who did their due diligence and debunked this rumor days ago.)

I guess the moral of the story is that—big surprise—you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Seems like it's April Fool's Day every day on-line. So no worries, the filming of New Moon continues uninterrupted. And, to end this on a bright note, the filming of New Moon continues to be awesome. It's all so beautiful! Chris Weitz is brilliant. Kristen, Rob, and Taylor are beyond words. I have gotten choked up more than once on set due to their amazing performances. I can't wait to see it all put together!

Steph"

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 09/18/09 10:02 AM
Edited by PropheticServant on Fri 09/18/09 10:03 AM
My current read is the 7th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R. Ward. This one is called "Lover Avenged."

The previous 6 books were excellent and this one (so far) is very much living up to my expectations.

I highly reccomend the BDB series to anyone who favors the paranormal-romance subgenre. This series has a very fresh, new take on the 'vampire' world.

PropheticServant's photo
Mon 09/14/09 09:17 PM

I kind of figured you respond like that.. However.. You still didn't answer my question...

Ellect, thanks for your comments. This genre doesn't appeal to Earthy & that's OK. I have a friend who, could never reconcile rock & Christian, thinking they're world's apart. I'm not sure she has given it a fair shake because groups like Demon Hunter & Red are definitely anything but "gay" sounding. I will cut her some slack because there are a number of same sounding groups out there. I think the point she's missing is listening to their respective messages. If you're spiritually tuned-in, it's easy to distinguish between the groups that are "inspired" & everyone else.
tf73

I completely agree with tf73. It is absolutely OK for everyone to enjoy any kind of music. The spiritual message in these songs are all that really matter.

I'd like to borrow a small passage from the incomparable author Rick Warren who has written in depth on this topic and who truly explains this the best.

"God loves all kinds of music because he invented it all--
fast and slow, loud and soft, old and new. You probably don't like it all, but God does! If it is offered to God in spirit and truth, it is an act of worship.
Christians often disagree over the style of music used in worship, passionately defending their preferred style as the most Biblical or God-honoring. But there is no Biblical style! There are no musical notes in the Bible; we don't even have the instruments they used in Bible times.
Frankly, the music style you like best says more about YOU--your background and personality--than it does about God. One ethnic group's music can sound like noise to another. But God likes variety and enjoys it all.
There is NO SUCH THING as "Christian" music; there are only Christian lyrics. It is the words that make a song sacred not the tune. There are no spiritual tunes. If I played a song for you without the words, you'd have no way of knowing if it were a "Christian" song."

Ref: The Purpose Driven Life p. 65-66

PS:

Thanks for the Rick Warren quote & I couldn't agree more.

How many Christians today know that many of the songs in church hymnals(if you can find any) with songs being credited to Martin Luther the reformer as the author, that the music was based on German beer hall songs with new Christian lyrics. He did that so that the tune was already familar to the listener & it was a matter of learning the new lyrics. All you naysayers, contemplate the ramifications of that, for awhile.

tf73

You mean Rick E. Warden?

No, I was referring to Dr. Rick Warren, the author of The Purpose Diven Life, among other things. :smile:

Here's a reference to whom/what I was talking about:

http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/en-US/Home/home.htm

PropheticServant's photo
Mon 09/14/09 11:42 AM
SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT JUST RELEASED THIS 2 HOURS AGO ON YOUTUBE.

GO CHECK IT OUT!

NEW MOON EXTENDED TRAILER #2

http://www.youtube.com/v/q58iQSHhZGg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1

PropheticServant's photo
Thu 09/10/09 11:02 AM
This is very well thought out and composed. It also expresses all the peaks and valleys in life that we all face while in this world and thus can all relate to.

Keep in mind that while 'our' timing may not always appear to be in a 'well' cycle in our own eyes--God's timing for us IS always perfect.
In the times that we feel that we are at our lowest and weakest--Papa God is at his strongest.
Our trials and suffering in this world are so small comapred to the suffering that Christ Jesus endured for us, the burdens He bore for us, and what ultimately He has given us.
Often times things that we want are out of our reach only because the Lord has something better in store for us. Trust in the Lord God Almighty always. Know that you can never let Him down, because you are not holding Him up--He is holding you. For the Will of God will never lead you to where the Grace of God cannot protect you.

Live in the Faith, Joy, and Love of the Lord tf73.

Blessings!

PropheticServant's photo
Mon 09/07/09 07:48 AM

I kind of figured you respond like that.. However.. You still didn't answer my question...

Ellect, thanks for your comments. This genre doesn't appeal to Earthy & that's OK. I have a friend who, could never reconcile rock & Christian, thinking they're world's apart. I'm not sure she has given it a fair shake because groups like Demon Hunter & Red are definitely anything but "gay" sounding. I will cut her some slack because there are a number of same sounding groups out there. I think the point she's missing is listening to their respective messages. If you're spiritually tuned-in, it's easy to distinguish between the groups that are "inspired" & everyone else.
tf73

I completely agree with tf73. It is absolutely OK for everyone to enjoy any kind of music. The spiritual message in these songs are all that really matter.

I'd like to borrow a small passage from the incomparable author Rick Warren who has written in depth on this topic and who truly explains this the best.

"God loves all kinds of music because he invented it all--
fast and slow, loud and soft, old and new. You probably don't like it all, but God does! If it is offered to God in spirit and truth, it is an act of worship.
Christians often disagree over the style of music used in worship, passionately defending their preferred style as the most Biblical or God-honoring. But there is no Biblical style! There are no musical notes in the Bible; we don't even have the instruments they used in Bible times.
Frankly, the music style you like best says more about YOU--your background and personality--than it does about God. One ethnic group's music can sound like noise to another. But God likes variety and enjoys it all.
There is NO SUCH THING as "Christian" music; there are only Christian lyrics. It is the words that make a song sacred not the tune. There are no spiritual tunes. If I played a song for you without the words, you'd have no way of knowing if it were a "Christian" song."

Ref: The Purpose Driven Life p. 65-66

PropheticServant's photo
Thu 09/03/09 02:21 PM

How about something a little on the "heavy" side?

Seventh Day Slumber - "Surrender"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43PaCDKnhY

And from the "metal" side of the house.

Demon Hunter - "Carry Me Down"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD2t1qLJGLQ

These are pretty good too if you like the "heavy" side. :wink:

By Disciple:

God of Elijah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzLLbjyoiyo

Not Rock Stars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJbKmGtIexA

By God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW9DGYxrhH8

Worth it All
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VceheBHSZMU

Plenty more years of great music & songs w/awesome lyrics but that's all I'll post by them for now.

But I gotta post one more just cause Tom deserves major kudos for the music he writes, performs, and even though he's touched so many, he's humble enough to not produce his tunes en masse for profit/personal gain. ...And...just cause Tom Rocks too! biggrin

This is called "Lovesick Warrior" and is an original by Tom Cellie.
If you like his music you can find other things he has done on www.sonraycafe.com or his personal youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zsz744t7DY

Enjoy!! bigsmile

PropheticServant's photo
Thu 09/03/09 09:30 AM
Edited by PropheticServant on Thu 09/03/09 09:30 AM
Okay, well...now I know. Ah, the wonders of Google! lol It Appears There Will Be No Cameo for Stephenie Meyer in New Moon.

In an interview with Time, New Moon director Chris Weitz says series author Stephenie Meyer will not have a cameo in the movie and that he "feel(s) bad about it" and "had kind of forgotten that she had a cameo in the first one [Twilight]."

Uh, Chris, this is no way to try and land the gig to direct Breaking Dawn.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19