PropheticServant's photo
Mon 05/18/09 09:50 PM

Holy Cow! You were not kidding about needing the tissue for New Moon. I read about a quarter of it! Those first few chapters (OMG) But I think the author did an excellent job of setting the mood and drawing you in just that it was you experiencing it! I am already seeing a quality of writing change in New Moon as compared to Twilight!

laugh Haha! Yeah, I did warn ya! biggrin Stephenie Meyer is an AMAZING author. And I am inclined to agree with you; she does completely draw you into the story. AND her books and quality of writing do very much just get better and better as she goes along in the saga. She developes the characters and their personalities even more as she goes along too. Like I said before, I did love the first books (which is why I continued on in reading the rest of the books in the series, obviously) but by far Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are my personal favorites...especially Breaking Dawn. That book is, without a doubt, absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!! It was such a fantastically brilliant end to the saga. smitten
I can't believe you've finished New Moon already. It sounds like you read about as fast as I do! bigsmile Especially when I am really into the story--I just completely devour an entire book in a heart beat! Although, I will admit, I did cry during New Moon and at both happy and sad parts. I even shed a few tears in the latter books in the series too--as did pretty much everyone else I've talked to about it. I even got my mom to read the books with a little bit of convincing.bigsmile She cried at all of the appropriate parts as well and ended up really loving the whole story. It's truly amazing how even though these books are classified as 'young adult' novels, that they really bridged the generation gap and touched so many people, of all ages and walks of life! To make other people actually cry or laugh out loud while reading a story that you have written and totally feel a part of the story takes a lot of talent and comes from a really special person. Stephenie's just brilliant! Though it does make it a little difficult to continue reading once you start to cry. You have to put the book down (never something I want to do when I'm into the story so much:wink: ) and wipe the tears away with a tissue. It's not too easy to read through blurry eyes! lol
By the way, I love hearing how you are coming along with the books...your reactions remind me of my own when I first read them, and so it's a bit like re-living the experience, for me at least.:banana: Can't wait to hear how you come along with Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.

Oh and just a suggestion...if you have to wait a bit before you buy the next books, you might consider reading the partial version of Midnight Sun. It won't be like you are going ahead of the story. Midnight Sun is just Twilight, only this time she is re-telling the entire story through Edward's perspective. It gives you deeper insight into Edward's mind. And since someone leaked it onto the internet before Stephenie had finished writing it, she has it posted on her personal, official website. So all you have to do is go to her site and read it on there. It's not finished and only about 300 pages aproximately, but it is an excellent read. And since you've read Twilight, you know it is all from Bella's point of view, so there are many times that she is not with Edward, nor is she inside of his head to know what he is thinking, so this version gives you a broader view and fills in some of the gaps from the first book. It may be something for you to do until you get Eclipse. But man oh man! I sure can't wait until she actually finishes and publishes Midnight Sun!!!

Anyhow, this has gotten really long lol...but I hope you enjoy the rest of the saga!! flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

PropheticServant's photo
Mon 05/18/09 07:26 PM
Tracker,
Many (if not all) of us born again Christians have similar testimonies. Sure, they all vary based on the individual's life circumstances. But God performs miracles every single day--you just have to have your eyes open to see them! But He has also saved us all in very personal and different ways. You may feel ashamed of your past or regret your sins, but truly you must forgive yourself because Jesus loves you just as you are and He has also forgiven you ALL of your sins. You are a perfect, beautiful person because God has made you this way and that is exactly how He sees you and how you need to start seeing yourself! And He will continue to perfect you even more each day as you grow closer to Him in your relationship with Jesus Christ.
Though it is true that you should not dwell on the past, you should also never ever be ashamed to share your testimony with others. Your testimony is just one of many miracles that God has performed in your personal life and by telling others how you were saved, how He has changed your life for the better, how he has transformed your mind and heart, and everything that He has done to impact your life--it brings such great, awesome GLORY to our most high Lord! Also by witnessing to others the things you have seen, and felt by God's glorious hand, you are also leading by example. And sometimes your story is all it takes to make a non-believer reach out to Christ.
May you continue to grow in the love of the Lord and may all of your days henceforth be blessed!

PropheticServant's photo
Sun 05/17/09 01:29 PM
Edited by PropheticServant on Sun 05/17/09 01:30 PM
This is such an engaging, and powerful song with truly phenomenal, inspiring and empowering lyrics! I really love this song!love love love No matter what kind of day I've had, it never fails to lift me up! :banana:
The song itself sounds a wee bit better on the CD naturally, but the video linked below is a pretty decent and quality version actually. biggrin I sincerely hope you all enjoy it!
flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuY4GcF7h7A

The Aaron Pelsue Band
REVOLUTION

If I'm here all alone
If I'm left behind
If they spit in my face
If they hate my kind

I will rise above
I will live for Love
I will answer to the call
For the bond between
For the depth unseen
For My GOD-Forsake it ALL!

I'm a fire
I'm a flood
I'm a revolution (Revolution)
I am a war, already won!
I'm a revolution! (Revolution)(Yeah)

When the world is at war
When the Grace is gone
When the hungry lay dead
While the rich live on

I will rise above
I will live for Love
I will answer to the call
For the bond between
For the depth unseen
For My GOD -Forsake it ALL!

I'm a fire
I'm a flood
I am a war, already won!
I'm a revolution! (Revolution)

I'm a fire
I'm a flood
I am a war, already won!
I'm a revolution! (Revolution)(Yeah)

Here I stand
Open hands
Waiting for You
I won't back down
And I will live to speak Your Truth!

And here I stand
Open hands
Waiting for You
I won't back down
And I will live to speak Your Truth! (YOUR TRUTH!)

Cause I'm a fire
I'm a flood
I am a war, already won!
I'm a revolution! (Revolution)

I'm a fire
I'm a flood
I am a war, already won!
I'm a revolution! (Revolution)(Yeah Yeah Yeah)

I'm a revolution! (oh, oh, oh)
I'm a revolution! (Oh yeah)
I will rise above!
I will live for Love! (Yeah yeah)
I'm a revolution, revolution!

PropheticServant's photo
Sat 05/16/09 01:17 PM
See that big clock in the background of lurchs_sister's pic? She uses it as a stand-in dance partner when no one else is watching her. =)

PropheticServant's photo
Sat 05/16/09 01:13 PM

uses deer antlers for her bras (this could be sexy....and the fact that I find it sexy may scare her the most :wink: )

sounds like the original push-up bra! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

rofl rofl HAHA! Thanks I needed the laugh today!

Antler bras are a very scarey concept--kinda sounds like something Madonna would do though! laugh

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 11:09 PM
Mary Poppins :smile:

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 11:07 PM
LEXY_SATINA

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 10:53 PM
Nah, not a closet vampire hunter...I'm a vampire in your closet! lol RAWR! :winks:

Is a zombie, but prefers antelope brains to human brains...ya wiredo!biggrin

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 10:46 PM
candles with scent

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 10:40 PM
modify

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 10:37 PM
secretly enjoys watching Barney & Friends alone and sings Barney's "I Love you" song loudly and very off key in the shower

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 10:23 PM
Ahhh...ok! Thanks for the clarification and info RT!! drinker flowerforyou

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 12:45 PM
haha He only knows that because HE was my delivery driver!

But what you all don't know is that TBRich is just sooo incredibly EASY! All I had to do was wink at him once and give him a little smile, and he ended up giving me my order plus 3 other people's orders! Although, he sure left my doorway in a trance;hyptonized by my very presence!

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 12:27 PM

im gonna get a weed-whacker and replace the twine with barbed wire...

sad sad sad sad

But...but...but...that's just so....MEAN!!!

BIG MEANIE!!!laugh

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 12:24 PM
changes or steals street signs as a hobby

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 12:17 PM
Christopher Columbus

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 12:12 PM
Time is ticking

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 12:11 PM
invented the legend about the lobster tail out of personal experience :smile:

PropheticServant's photo
Fri 05/15/09 12:05 PM
I'm ready for my 'close up'!

PropheticServant's photo
Thu 05/14/09 04:41 PM

I just finished Twilight last night and started into the first few pages of new moon.

My thoughts on the movie vs the book. I saw the movie first.

I think that the Bella in the movie didn't translate very well from the book. I find Bella more 'cold' in movie and more 'girlish' in the book. I think that besides the 'hollywood' liberties and condensing the movie pretty much told the story in the book.

Oh and whoever spilled the beans in 3rd book, gee thanks! rantmad explode

Yeah, I agree with you there. And now that you have finished Twilight,did you notice how they took out some of the humor from the book when they made the movie? Especially with Edward. Yes, he is a very serious and brooding vampire, but he does have a sence of humor in the books too. One of my favorite lines he said in the book, they took out of the movie. It was when they went to prom, but Bella didn't know they were going and when she fessed up to Edward about the fact that she thought he had dressed her up because he changed his mind about turning her into a vampire too, he made a witty comment like "And you thought that would be a black tie affair, did you?"
I don't know, it just seemed like the movie was a little dry in contrast to the book. What did you think?

AND *points to Keith* He spilled the beans!!! hahaha

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 18 19