Community > Posts By > Jon85213

Jon85213's photo
Mon 08/03/09 03:19 PM

You might just not be seeing the other side of this. In general, men are more assertive than women and tend to be the first ones to make contact. In contrast, it is more the norm for women to be more of the "shy' type and assume that if the guy didn't say something to them that that guy didn't find what he was looking for.

So in the case where you as a male have less of an inclination to start up a conversation with someone; chances are they aren't going to be the assertive type and seek you out.

But with all that being said, I'd hope to just see people communicating more in general. It shows in our forums how introverted the majority of us are. You've actually done a great job of getting things going lately here in the AZ forums, and people might take that as another sign that you would be the more upfront personality. (Not that I'm saying to stop if it doesn't match your character.)

Good point. Just what I would like to see more of is women or men go after what they want. open up. Be who they are no matter the situation. I look at this way. I used to be very shy, dumb but its who i was. Looking back i see all the missed opportunities. Its like this you are single. take a shot whats the worse that can happen? you stay single. nothing lost. So they rejected you no big deal, their loss.

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 10:59 PM
You Scored a 87% which means you are a ....

You are a passionate lover. You are the complete package and you recieve the complete package. You are NOT selfish and yet you still don't get walked all over. You're what everyone looks for and you show the opposite sex what it is like to truly be loved. Anyone who gets you is truly lucky.

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 10:53 PM

am I the only one that has a bit of a problem with parents out running around with their 6-8 year old children at 11:30 at night? Even if it is summer? Or it is old fashioned to think kids that age ought to be in bed at a more appropriate time?

depends on the situation and what they are doing. Since you didnt say that I will take a shot. Out at a store. Better be important reason. like single parent, with a sick child, needed Tylenol to break a fever. totally understand that. 11:30 at night running outside the house. what are they thinking. they should be in bed already. out for a drive. well not so bad. I used to take my child fro drives when he was younger. sometimes only way to get him to sleep. sometimes it was late. out selling dope. well don't think anyone would disagree that is wrong. Maybe if we knew more of the situation we could comment better.

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 08:44 PM

Why are women so afraid to initiate conversation? They view your profile. click on mutual match. show you they are interested. but still want you to email first. Does this happen for others or is it only me? I encourage all you women to just be open with guys. if you are interested. then say something or email, whatever. Some guys are just dumb and do not see the signs. Sometimes we need things spelled out. Any thoughts?

That is not it... A lot of women look at Profiles, not men in general, we look at what you have written, we look at if your a smoker, or drinker, we look at your job status, we read your comments about yourself an your life?

we look then at your pictures.. if at this time we do not see what we are looking for then why waist your time or mine.

Most people might like the back ground of the picture and not personly the person.... There are many reasons... why a women dose this.

Have you ever thought about going out of your state...??? there are more women (interesting women) that are in other states, if you can not find your women in your state it is because she is probably not there...

When God cast his sons out to other country and changed language, Well did you know that a man has to Travail to find the women that is meant for him???? and then he leave his mother and father and moves in with her mother and father, the father gives him land and a few sheep and some grain.... and his choice of daughter!

At this time after he has paid this man back then the man takes his bride/wife and moves back to his mothers and fathers and enriches there life.

Now granted that this is only in Jesus time and dose not apply to the 2009, however, if you want to find a women and cannot find one.. she is probably in another state?????

Anyway, I am not her, I am a lesbian.. but I thought you should know this.. I go from state to state looking for my mate..... when i find her... I will be very happy indeed!

hope this answered your question....

Think you misunderstood the point i was making. I was more directing this towards the women who are interested in someone but do nothing about it. They sit around waiting for someone else to make the first move to start the relationship. Complain that this guy never notices them yet they do not do anything including initiating a conversation. This also applies to offline as well.

As far as not being interested that is a whole different story. I agree if what you are doing does not work. do something else. Also as far as not finding anyone could be that you are intended to stay single because you could better serve God by being single. For some this is tough to take in. but once accepted they often are happier and enjoy life that much more

I do apologize if it sounded like was complaining that things were not working. That was not my intention. just something I had noticed and wondered if others had noticed this as well. My initial intention was to educate the women who come across shy guys. Shy guys often think they do not have a chance with most women. So they will rarely strike up a conversation. So being a women with this knowledge initiating that conversation could end up leading them to a great relationship.

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 01:41 PM
Why are women so afraid to initiate conversation? They view your profile. click on mutual match. show you they are interested. but still want you to email first. Does this happen for others or is it only me? I encourage all you women to just be open with guys. if you are interested. then say something or email, whatever. Some guys are just dumb and do not see the signs. Sometimes we need things spelled out. Any thoughts?

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 01:31 PM
should have just left Gilligan behind. if it wasn't for him they would have gotten off the island in the first season. lol

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 01:29 PM

Sins? What is sin? Who determines what is right and wrong?

I say GOD does. Which is no surprise to anyone at this point.

But how does the person who does not believe in GOD know right from wrong?

Is it as simple as: dont kill, dont steal, dont be mean, etc..

If there is no GOD, then who decides what is right or wrong?

You say? I say? Who are we to tell each other what is right or wrong?

If I steal your money, thats bad for you. Not for me.

Im going OT here, sorry.

But if there is no GOD and the Bible was just written by men; then arnt morality and the concept of sin really just subjective concepts?

Meaning that good and evil are really just ideas or concepts instead of actual standards or truths.

The way I see it, without GOD we make our own rules. Why should I follow socities rules of conduct? Really... as long as I dont get caught. I should be able to whatever I want. Right?

If you truly believe that last line, I hope you never lose your religious guidance. They have a name for people w/o any innate concept of right and wrong. Sociopath.

Everyone else's innate concepts of right and wrong come from empathy. The ability to put one's self in the shoes of someone else.

For example, I don't steal. I make this choice not because any god tells me not to, but because I don't want my stuff stolen and I can understand why someone else wouldn't want their stuff stolen.

Empathy is a very human thing. A very powerful thing. And no god is required. And I would furthur submit that empathy should be the basis of any system of laws.

I call that common sense.. drinker

laws based on empathy do not always work out. When you used laws based on empathy they can easily be exploited. for example a law where it is your responsibility to take care of anyone injured on your property or you could loose your house. Sounds good. Insures that we take care of the guests at our house. Here is where the exploitation comes in. The criminal who broke in intending to rob the place. a fight breaks out and you win more or less. He is injured. Well you are responsible for taking complete care of him till he is fully recovered even though he was there to do harm to you. Okay extreme example. Let me use another one.

When driving in the state of Arizona if you turn left and become involved in an accident you are automatically at fault. Sounds good. Here is where it makes no sense. Okay you are in the middle of the intersection waiting to turn. Light turns red as it finally clears up so you proceed to go. Drunk driver comes flying down the road. light is red for him. he doesn't stop. plows into you. You are at fault. Even worse say you were on the job. now you lost your job. all because of someone who was breaking multiple other laws. We need to go to a different law system. one based on common sense.

For example other countries don't issue total fault to one party in an accident. It is reviewed in court and a percentage is issued to each party. Reasoning if you were not there an accident wouldn't have occurred.

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 02:13 AM
bald is an option, so who knows

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 02:10 AM

Oh, yes, there are religious scams out there, and who I call, "Country-Club Christians"...y'all know who you are.
If a white, apparently unattached male attempts to walk into a church to enjoy a good service, he'd better be prepared to deal with the "stink look" (people staring at you, in an attempt to make you uncomfortable so as to drive you out). Sadly, I have absolutely NO CONTROL over today's headlines. And if I happen to fit some idiotic profile, so what?
But as for you, my friend, would you refrain from going to the hospital, simply because it is full of sick people? Same for church.
Church is full of spiritually sick people; that's why they go. Don't let the actions of others endanger your quest for salvation.
And incidently, I'm not so sure I agree with Joel Osteen's selling of tickets to his "services".
IRS: "Mr. Osteen, you must pay some taxes; you're a motivational speaker."
Osteen: "Excuse me sir, but that is incorrect. I'm a preacher!"
Attendee of his service: "Joel, why must I buy a ticket to hear the word of God?
Osteen: "But I'm a motivational speaker!"
Dude's got it going on.
However, I look at the fruits of his labors...seems to be very positive.

Just a question is he selling the tickets or the location selling them? I know most arenas will not hold an event unless they are making money. also look at the cost $15 a ticket (rose garden arena) don't think much money is going to him. money is likely going to the arena.

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 02:01 AM

Where in the Bible does GOD ever say: I like rape. I like babies being killed. I enjoy when people suffer. ???

When does GOD ever say that he takes pleasure in suffering?

AS to the the whole rape thing: In those days, no man would have a woman who was raped. She was considered damages goods. And a woman without a husband, a woman would have little to no options for any kind of decent life. Is that harsh and fu**ed up? Yes, but guess what. Life can be very harsh. Welcome to the real world.

So GOD had that law as a way of saying to the rapist: "You took this woman's viginity, now you are gonna pay her father AND you're gonna marry her" Since in that culture, no good man would have had her after she was with another man, for any reason.

Its fun when people cut and past from the Bible, but having some understanding of the times and/or culture helps a person grasp the true meaning of what it written in there.

Thats your interpretation of it anyway. It does make sense though, and it goes to prove that the Bible was written by man to fit for the times of the day, rather than by god to fit for us today.

I am a heathen, so stone me.

heathens don't scare me. its the Sunday Christians that do. You know the ones who walk around with a smile on their face like nothing is wrong. then go home, start drinking and beat their kids. never know which one is going to do that when you meet them.

Jon85213's photo
Sun 08/02/09 01:48 AM

Religion does not make any sense, only the illogical, the stupid and the brainwashed can accept it.

Accepting God without religion, would be a lot more plausible. Yet there is still no proof of him.

Wow may want to research who believes in religion before making that statement. Only reason you can even make that statement is because of people who believed in religion.

Jon85213's photo
Sat 08/01/09 12:08 PM

yeah I know I should get over him an blah blah. But I just saw on his(ex) facebook that he hit on a girl who he thinks is a perfect 10, told her she was beautiful, his "personal best" which hurts me cause he never told me I was a "10" or "beautiful" it just hurts that he can move on so fast.

Why worry about him moving on so fast. It means one of two things. He either was lying about being into you and never really was. or he is someones who takes baggage from previous relationships and never deals with it. In either case you do not want this type of person so be happy you are free. So use this time to work on any issues you may have. Then when you start dating again find someone who is worth your time and effort.

Jon85213's photo
Sat 08/01/09 12:00 PM
everyone has done something dumb.

Jon85213's photo
Sat 08/01/09 11:35 AM
Edited by Jon85213 on Sat 08/01/09 11:35 AM

And their beliefs stay the same or grow stronger...

What does that tell you?

enlightened in what aspect? To what area of knowledge is the request? So from the rest of the thread i get that you wonder why people say they will pray for you. You are wondering what they believe. The argument is made that if your beliefs grow stronger then the prayers are ineffective. that very well could be argued. after all they prayed and nothing happened. but what are they praying for if at all. that is only known to them and God.(unless they are telling you what they prayed) Does prayer work. Depends on who you ask. We could argue stats all day showing evidence to support it and against it. As for support of prayer people who don't believe in it will call it coincidence when it comes true. while those who believe in prayer will argue its not in God's plans when it does not come true. check this article out. small study that was done on effects of prayer. Would like to see one done on a larger sample size though, since that would lead to a more reliable study.
http://stason.org/TULARC/health/alternative-medicine/Prayer-Health-Benefits.html

Its also been found that people who solely rely on prayer to heal them don't recover as well. They don't get off their butts and work to get better.

While I appreciated any thoughtS to my well-being after heart surgery, I got off my duff, got moving around, and was back to moving 50lb bags of feed and doing the stuff around the place 2 wks after. I can't stand sitting around.

First, it is great thing that you recovered as quick as you did. Second getting up and moving is essential to any surgery. Amazing smokers and children heal from major surgery faster than anyone else. Why because they get up and move. Being healed is the firsyt step in recovery. the second is action. Its amazing you can be healed quickly but the mind takes time to realize the body is healed. Consciously you may know it. but subconsciously the body is not always sure.

To be lazy and solely relying on prayer to heal is complete foolishness and goes against what the Bible says. The bible encourages those to act out on their faith after healing. When you look at the miracles performed it was not "your healed" now sit around and wait till you feel better. It was "your healed" now get up and go, go tell others. Of course I am paraphrasing this, but if you look at the examples when people were healed through prayer it was not a lay around and be lazy attitude. it was a get up and walk. act on your faith. you believed you were healed then show it.

Jon85213's photo
Sat 08/01/09 02:00 AM

And their beliefs stay the same or grow stronger...

What does that tell you?

enlightened in what aspect? To what area of knowledge is the request? So from the rest of the thread i get that you wonder why people say they will pray for you. You are wondering what they believe. The argument is made that if your beliefs grow stronger then the prayers are ineffective. that very well could be argued. after all they prayed and nothing happened. but what are they praying for if at all. that is only known to them and God.(unless they are telling you what they prayed) Does prayer work. Depends on who you ask. We could argue stats all day showing evidence to support it and against it. As for support of prayer people who don't believe in it will call it coincidence when it comes true. while those who believe in prayer will argue its not in God's plans when it does not come true. check this article out. small study that was done on effects of prayer. Would like to see one done on a larger sample size though, since that would lead to a more reliable study.
http://stason.org/TULARC/health/alternative-medicine/Prayer-Health-Benefits.html

Jon85213's photo
Sat 08/01/09 12:01 AM

i have tried must all browser my FireFox browser keeps getting slower and slower have deleted history, still slow. i tried chrome browser. must admit to to computer smart. was to hard to figure out. can some one tell me the best fast browser. i have telephone line dsl.

could be add ons that are causing the slowdown. click on tools and goto add ons. that will show you all the modification programs that are loaded. if you have a lot that could explain the slowdown.

Jon85213's photo
Fri 07/31/09 01:21 AM
interesting a discussion on the internet about internet addiction. Anyone else see the irony?

Jon85213's photo
Fri 07/31/09 01:19 AM
right now its 1:20 in the morning in arizona and its still 84 degrees outside. i wish it would be cooler. no ac here in the summer is time to panic. lol

Jon85213's photo
Thu 07/30/09 01:44 PM

I have not been on in a while, just added newer pics...is there anything i should add or subtract? thanks for the input!

depends on the amount of work you wish to put into it., looks fine right now but if you really want to spell things out for a guy break it down into 3 paragraphs. who you are, what you want, and your interests. labeling these categories could also help. some guys are clueless(lol). may even want a short paragraph of what you do not want. could save you some time.

Jon85213's photo
Thu 07/30/09 01:41 PM

Thanks all, I did a system install (or whatever it is called, brain drain) back to yesterday and all seems fine now. Thanks again.

good that worked for you. In the future you might get better help if you list the operating system you are using(windows vista or xp, or mac) and the browser(internet explorer, firefox, opera, safari, etc.)that can help a lot