1/3 c Butter, soft
3 lg Eggs

Streusel:
1/3 c Sugar
1/2 ts Cinnamon
2/3 c Sifted flour
1/3 c Up to 1/2 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

For filling, combine sugar and flour, pour over berries and let stand while making dough.

For dough, sift together flour, sugar and baking powder. Add butter and eggs. Work together lightly until it forms a dough (Can use hands) Press dough against bottom and up sides of 9 x 13 inch pan.

For streusel, sift sugar, flour and cinnamon in bowl. Cut in butter until size of peas (can use hands to get good texture).

Pour blackberries into dough and spoon streusel over top.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.

tears sad tears
My blackberries are gone for the season...guess I will use frozen ones!

synergized's photo
Thu 08/27/09 07:02 AM

One of my family's staples is what we call hamburger hash. Brown hamburger and small diced or sliced potatoes. I either add chopped onion or sprinkle in some onion soup mix after meat is browned and while potatoes are still cooking. A small splash of soy sauce, too.

Here are some ways my family likes it:
1- with scrambled eggs and rolled up in tortillas w/salsa and cheese
(version of breakfast hash)
2- put some in flour tortilla, fold over, secure w/toothpicks, deep fry and drain upright on cooling rack; add fresh taco toppings
3- in bowl w/soy sauce or steak sauce
4 - rolled up in tortilla burrito style and placed in oven until it gets a slight crunch.
5 - add can green chile peppers and eat w/corn chips
6 - fry up some shredded cabbage, add to your hash and fold up in bread dough and bake for bierocks

yummmmmm..sounds great and easy. I make roastbeef hash with left overs from cooking a roast. Along with the roast, potatoes, and onions..i toss in a veggie towards the end, like green beans. A meal in one pan.

synergized's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:00 AM

Well, not really (unless you really want to come over and cook, we wouldn't complain). So, here's my dilemma. I pulled out a pound of hamburger and want sometime aside from the usual, same old same old. Here's what I have, ingredient-wise:

red pepper
squash
potatoes
onions
rice
spaghetti and macaroni noodles
assortment of cream soups and chicken and beef broth
canned corn, grean beans and peas (I hate peas, btw)
frozen french fries
frozen green beans
just about every spice/herb you can imagine (except curry, which we hate)
various assortment of cheese (american, provolone, cheddar, colby jack, parmesan)

My usual burger standards are swedish meatballs, tacos, spaghetti, burgers, meatloaf.

Any other thoughts or ideas? I really don't want to have to stop at the store for anything, though.

Thanks! flowerforyou

My son's favorite is what he calls goop.

I brown the hamburger with onions and some garlic. Drain off the fat. I add a can of cream of mushroom soup with half a can of beef broth. This is served over noodles. Simple, fast, and kids love it.

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:43 PM

Did we lose Betty and Tim?
just waitn till its safe to jump back in laugh laugh

laugh Can't remember ever seeing you shy or scared!
im not, just not the type that can comment on what you ladys are talking about

laugh Well I don't have a good looking bosse's spouse to look atgrumble I have to resort to wood and beefrofl rofl rofl

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:41 PM
ohhh boy! Thanks for the laughs, I really had fun tonight. I need to go and get some other online things done. Take care allflowerforyou

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:38 PM

just waitn till its safe to jump back in laugh laugh

laugh Can't remember ever seeing you shy or scared!

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:38 PM

ok..Mary'
well I may have to go to Iowa then!:banana: :banana: :banana:
today was the last daybigsmile

But the carvings are there year round. They carved them after a bad storm one year that distroyed lots of trees.

I actually bought a carving set, and did a carving for my daughter one year for christmas. Wow..I never thought of carving myself a ready made man!

OOOOOOOOOOO....can you carve one for me too??????:banana: :banana: :banana:

Sure..after I carve the first one..ummm..with great measurements of course...the second one should be easypitchfork rofl

you wouldn't even have to look for wood.I'll just give you one of my roast beefs!laugh

But Betty, wouldn't the roast be too squishy??? bigsmile

ME BAD......slap my mouth.......pitchfork

If it was squishy I wouldn't have to carve it, I could mold it with my own two hands.

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:36 PM

ok..Mary'

But the carvings are there year round. They carved them after a bad storm one year that distroyed lots of trees.

I actually bought a carving set, and did a carving for my daughter one year for christmas. Wow..I never thought of carving myself a ready made man!

Sure..after I carve the first one..ummm..with great measurements of course...the second one should be easypitchfork rofl

you wouldn't even have to look for wood.I'll just give you one of my roast beefs!laugh

laugh rofl rofl rofl rofl omg you made me choke I laughed so hard!

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:35 PM

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:34 PM

ok..Mary'

I'll send my measurement requirements to you privately....pitchfork

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:33 PM

ok..Mary'

I can still go to Iowa!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'll have the inch thick Iowa chops, and peaches and cream corn on the cob waiting for ya!!!!drool
wont you be at work?

Contrary to what some kids think....teachers do have a home to go home to....laugh

Yes but, knowing how the teachers are around here, they sometimes don't find their homes til late at night!

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:31 PM
Edited by synergized on Sun 08/23/09 06:32 PM

ok..Mary'

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:29 PM

ok..Mary'

I can still go to Iowa!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'll have the inch thick Iowa chops, and peaches and cream corn on the cob waiting for ya!!!!drool

Ohhhhhh my...peaches n cream....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:28 PM

You know why a women’s work is never done? bigsmile

Why Tim?

She asks in fear of the answer
They don’t get up early enoughlaugh

glasses True..we could stay up all night and our important work wouldn't all be done!

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:26 PM

You know why a women’s work is never done? bigsmile

Why Tim?

She asks in fear of the answer

laugh noway I didn't want to be the one to ask..but will surely read the answer:tongue:

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:26 PM

ok..Mary'

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:21 PM

Mary you are too too funny! Smart woman, can you find me a man who can't run??

Come take your pick. They are all over our Fairgrounds.

wooohooooo! Fairground men who can't cover ground:banana:

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:19 PM

So Betty, I read that you did not like the wooden golfer that I picked out for you.....darn! laugh

I have been peeking at some of the posts even when I don't comment. Doing that gets me confused though. I read somewhere that Betty had a new man, then everyone was giving her men..like the wooden golfer.laugh So comeon Betty, dishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well if you ever heard that men are shallow and fake...well mine really are!laugh laugh And that will teach you for spying without talking!laugh laugh

grumble grumble grumble laugh
Usually no one is here when I come in and read. I usually make it during the middle of the day sometime.

well you should plan your schedule around us!laugh laugh

frustrated Silly me!

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:18 PM
Mary you are too too funny! Smart woman, can you find me a man who can't run??

synergized's photo
Sun 08/23/09 06:17 PM

laugh laugh laugh Kathi that was funny!!

Betty you are too cute! That's one reason I like coming on here. I tell people things and they get a laugh out of them.

I just had a vision of you with kids going wild, you hiding with chocolate all over your face.Would be me to a tee!laugh laugh

rofl rofl I could always use it to bribe them with!

No, we bribe them with cheap candy....the good stuff we eat..laugh
I had a 1st grad teacher that did that... everyday we were good we got a piece of candy to put in a thing we made. she rocked:banana: :banana:

Ohhhh boy, do you still dream about her too?
ewww NO she was a Nunlaugh

Listen to you, discriminating against certain womenlaugh

<<<Mumbles as she adjusts her wimple

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25