Community > Posts By > synergized

synergized's photo
Fri 04/17/09 07:52 AM
Awwwwwwwwww I missed the party!
Happy belated birthday, hope you had plenty to smile aboutflowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

synergized's photo
Fri 04/17/09 07:50 AM

drinks Its friday anyone with some weekend fun want to share drinker drinker guess I have to start the coffee on my second cup drinker

Morning Carol:smile: I will have a cup of tea with you before I get out into the yard.

synergized's photo
Tue 04/14/09 06:37 AM

Having my coffee dreading going to work :)
Good afternoon Carold. Been to the gym, and work already today. Just had to finish up some report cards. Now I get to work around the house. Going to play in the dirt this afternoon. :banana:

You have given me incentive to get into my yard! My son and I were out there for 3 hours yesterday, cleaning and getting ready to start a garden. Thanks!!

synergized's photo
Tue 04/14/09 06:34 AM

I can’t seam to find a good spot to post this so I think I will just stick it in here.
We all have different issues in our lives; my son would have been 33 today. A lot of time has gone by and the grieve that I once felt has subsided, maybe because I never had a chance to get close to Dennis or it may be that I’m getting colder as I age. At any rate I know I’m not the same as I use to be. 33 years and I still have questions that will never be answered.brokenheart

my daughter was born on my birthday, and I lost her 28 years ago. No, I don't believe you get colder about it, it's something that thankfully gets easier to handle as time goes on. We don't ever forget but God lets us heal so we can handle the rest of life. Sometimes suddenly something reminds me, and a flash of grief flows over me, but for the most part I can now remember it and pick out the good things that makes me smile about her. Losing a child means we will never be the same, and I agree, there will always be questions that won't be answered while I am still on earth. Those will have to wait.

((((((((SYN))))))))) You are in my prayers too!! Love ya!

Thanks sweetie!flowerforyou

synergized's photo
Tue 04/14/09 06:31 AM

Did that get your attention?(lol) Seriously though that is the title of a book I read recently about internet dating. Interesting what the author had to say about it and also some of her "subjects". So what do you like and dislike about internet dating?

Last date I had, I was #3 on his list of maybees. Seems he met us in order,and was keeping score which one he could get the most from. Sigh, I lost out when I didn't immediately invite him to my house. Ohhhh my, what a loss that was!
There are not alot of men who live close to me who are in Mingles.
I have been going to a chat forum for 9 years, and I have seen all kinds of things happen, from 'internet' marriages, to long distance meetings arranged and they get left at the airport. There have been a very few matches where people meet and marry. So when someone asks to talk to me on the phone, or meet, I am very leery. Like Carol said, alot of them lie about what they look like, their ages, and especially their intentions. Most that have spoken with me are looking for a few hours of fun, either phone sex, or to meet up for a couple hours of sex, although of course when they talk to you they swear they are looking for someone to spend time with.

synergized's photo
Mon 04/13/09 07:38 PM

Be sure to be good to yourself and take good care. There seems to be a lot of crap going around...keep your spirits up so that your immune system doesn't wear down....Holidays are hard aren't they? And anniversary dates that are looming ahead...your little sis is healthy and happy now...she would want you to be too! I know, it is easier said than done, but know we all love you and are here for you. May is a bad month for me too. It would of been Bernie's birthday on the 4th, mine on the 8th, and on the 22nd, it would of been our 38th anniversary.

Hi Mary:smile:
May is rough for me also. My father's birthday was the 10, and my mother's was the 20(she passed last June).

synergized's photo
Mon 04/13/09 07:32 PM

She was 36 when she died she was so pretty funny loved playing cards with her. She is the one that got me online. Life has not been the same. She was my baby sister I always took care of her couldn't this time.

You gave her love, which is the most precious thing you can do for someone, and you shared with her which means now you have wonderful memories. Sadly, we who remain behind are the ones who do the greiving. huggggggssssss

synergized's photo
Mon 04/13/09 07:28 PM

I can’t seam to find a good spot to post this so I think I will just stick it in here.
We all have different issues in our lives; my son would have been 33 today. A lot of time has gone by and the grieve that I once felt has subsided, maybe because I never had a chance to get close to Dennis or it may be that I’m getting colder as I age. At any rate I know I’m not the same as I use to be. 33 years and I still have questions that will never be answered.brokenheart

my daughter was born on my birthday, and I lost her 28 years ago. No, I don't believe you get colder about it, it's something that thankfully gets easier to handle as time goes on. We don't ever forget but God lets us heal so we can handle the rest of life. Sometimes suddenly something reminds me, and a flash of grief flows over me, but for the most part I can now remember it and pick out the good things that makes me smile about her. Losing a child means we will never be the same, and I agree, there will always be questions that won't be answered while I am still on earth. Those will have to wait.

synergized's photo
Mon 04/13/09 06:50 AM
Wrap each spear in bacon, and grill until bacon is crispy...mmmmmmm

synergized's photo
Sun 04/12/09 07:10 AM

I miss the hug and kiss that lets me know that they are happy that im home. Or the gentle touch that says I care. The making love that helps to entwine the two hearts together stronger. I miss the sound of the heart beat as i lay my head on her chest. Or the feel of her breath on my cheek as she sleeps with content. I miss the quiet moments spent together as we sit in the dark. being comforted in knowing that someone is there. I miss the words " its ok " when it seems the world is coming down on me. I miss the sound of the patter of her feet as she gently walks through the house. I miss the arguements that end in the words " Im sorry ". Or the times that I am able to catch a tear on my lips when she cries in sorrow. I miss the times that we spent sitting together as we watched a movie. I miss her singing in the shower telling me shes content. Or the " honey do this" that lets me know that I am needed. These are a few things I miss living single and alone.

Very nicely said! You have a poet living inside of youflowerforyou

synergized's photo
Sat 04/11/09 05:08 PM
Edited by synergized on Sat 04/11/09 05:09 PM

Hope everyone's easter is full of new beginnings!!

What do you have planned?

I am cooking a huge ham for my son and myself..hahahaha. My oldest daughter will go to her fiance's grandparents then come home to nibble left overs. I will of course use the bone and cook beans sometime next week. And scalloped potatoes n ham sounds good!

You having company in your new kitchen???
It is so pretty if it were me I would want to look at it for a while.laugh

synergized's photo
Sat 04/11/09 07:54 AM

You could make green beans, which is easy but a crowd pleaser.
fresh green beans
1 lb of bacon
1 jar of pearl onions

place your cleaned green beans in a pot of water and allow to boil
slice the bacon into small bits and brown
cook until the beans are still firm but not crunchy, and drain some of the water off.
add the bacon and a couple tablespoons of the fat into the pot
then add the onions and the juice from the onions, and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.

This sounds quite yummy, I'm glad you put the recipe here. Thanks!

yvw..I have been reading and copying all of the great recipes for a while now :smile:

synergized's photo
Fri 04/10/09 04:57 PM

Oh I pop my head in here and there :) It has just been slow :) well I'll pray for you on that job be close to home would be great :)

Thanks! If it is supposed to happen it will. <<hopes it is supposed to happen...laugh
Hi there Synwaving

Hey Timlaugh You trying to get in all you can before Betty won't be here to pick on you?? Oh...your dawgie looks fashionable, do you have a matching outfit??
someone has to keep Betty on her toeslaugh and that is my apron, Dixie wanted to model it for everyonelaugh laugh

Woohoooo! Now you need to put it on and model...it would look better with no boots...laugh

synergized's photo
Fri 04/10/09 04:52 PM

Oh I pop my head in here and there :) It has just been slow :) well I'll pray for you on that job be close to home would be great :)

Thanks! If it is supposed to happen it will. <<hopes it is supposed to happen...laugh
Hi there Synwaving

Hey Timlaugh You trying to get in all you can before Betty won't be here to pick on you?? Oh...your dawgie looks fashionable, do you have a matching outfit??

synergized's photo
Fri 04/10/09 04:50 PM
I was only married for 7 years, and have been divorced for 15 this coming August. I know there are wonderful men out there, the one for me isn't ready to show up yet!laugh

synergized's photo
Fri 04/10/09 04:43 PM

synergized's photo
Fri 04/10/09 02:10 PM

Hey Kathi how have you been :)

Hi Carol:smile:
I have been a lil busy, but am doing ok. How are you? I don't see you much on the chats lately.
My oldest (26) has put a bid on a house an hour away, so looks like she will be moving back out again.laugh
A friend who I worked with called and gave me the heads up on a job possibility where she works now, so I ran down there today to apply. It is about 2 blocks away, so would be very convenient.

synergized's photo
Fri 04/10/09 02:04 PM
Hope everyone's easter is full of new beginnings!!

synergized's photo
Fri 04/10/09 02:02 PM

Ok one of the final pics of the kitchen is on my profile. I took 3 this morning but only can find one of them for some reason. I will have to take more tomorrow.

Very very nice! Now you need to invite everyone for a meal.

synergized's photo
Fri 04/10/09 02:00 PM

Ham, Prime rib, homemade macaroni/cheese, green bean casserole, corn, redskin mashed potatoes w/sour cream/chives/garlic, rolls,deviled eggs, cherry pie, cheesecake, strawberry pretzel salad.drool

I'm gonna be busy! drinks

Was it the broccoli salad with bacon and raisins? That IS yummy, I used to make that all the time.

Yes, that's the one. In absence of better suggestions for a veggie side dish, I think I'll have to go with it....hehe.

You could make green beans, which is easy but a crowd pleaser.
fresh green beans
1 lb of bacon
1 jar of pearl onions

place your cleaned green beans in a pot of water and allow to boil
slice the bacon into small bits and brown
cook until the beans are still firm but not crunchy, and drain some of the water off.
add the bacon and a couple tablespoons of the fat into the pot
then add the onions and the juice from the onions, and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.