Community > Posts By > XxAchillesxX

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sun 06/07/09 10:54 PM
Edited by XxAchillesxX on Sun 06/07/09 10:55 PM

i'm not using norton anymore and have uninstalled all norton/symantec programs. it's my cable/internet/phone provider who is offering the free online protection.

i've located a virus and i'll give them a call in the morning. they'll give me free remote service as well. yesterday they had me manually delete the file and, even though it no longer shows where it indicates, the scan still tells me it's there.

i do appreciate all your help.

I don't know who your provider is, but I find it unlikely that they have an online scanner that can protect your computer along with the rest of their customers. I would strongly suggest that you get a stand alone AV program. AVG 8.5 is free and low on resource use, plus is is auto-updating and has an email scanner and spyware scanner as well.
What your provider's AV is calling a virus, may not be. Some files that can't be recognised by and AV scan, are automatically ruled as a virus. Be careful.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sun 06/07/09 10:48 PM

Well, after my husband died, and our dog, and both of my parents, I got a dog. A little shihtzu. I had so much love to give and no one to give it to. Lonely, you bet your ass I was. She healed my heart at the time in many ways. flowerforyou

oh good...at least I'm not the only one who sees why we do this.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sun 06/07/09 10:46 PM
True. I am guilty of it. I already have a 4 year old Lab, and after my better half passed, I got a chocolate lab. Keeps my mind focused on going to work and keeps me busy at home.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sun 06/07/09 10:42 PM

Yeah, every time I get screwed over. Then, I force myself to keep in mind that you can't blame the rest of them for the bad ones. There are plenty of good guys out there, whether for a partner, friend, or just to chat for a moment when online or in the grocery line.

flowers >>>>To all the TRUELY good guys.

That's the right idea, never give up! biggrin

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sun 06/07/09 10:39 PM
Edited by XxAchillesxX on Sun 06/07/09 10:40 PM

I love how everyone on here has so much advice for making something work....yet here they are still looking....

The path I know very well, and I am not here because because mine didn't work, I am here because the Lord decided it was her time. We
kept an interesting and passionate relationship for over 20 years.
After that long, I know what I want and what I don't.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sun 06/07/09 10:35 PM

have you asked him why yet?

I tried yes, he's been flat out ignoring me since yesterday morning.

Sounds like he's playing a game, just ignore him and his requests for a while. Bet that will get his brain racing.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 09:10 PM
Easy to answer this one....the first you do when you wake up is look at them, and the last thing before you go to sleep. You think about them in all your spare time, and you call when you can.
You are willing without hesitation, to trade places with them if it means their life or yours. That is what keep two people together. If you have all of that, then you already have trust, honesty and love.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 09:04 PM
She's here.....not sure where, but she's here!

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 06:13 PM
true....but the field techs I don't need. I know as much about their DSl as they do. I usually call them and just have them send me the parts, and I replace them myself. I've had qwest DSL since the wimpy Pro DSL 2100 PCI card (256k...and that was considered fast).
But yeah, I gues for some things they do have to send a tech.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 06:10 PM
That I wouldn't really know, I use sony DVD architect and sony movie maker platinum, and yes they do cost some big bucks.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 06:08 PM

yes i have. spybot/adware used to run automatically with norton, or so i thought. however my subscription had expired and my cable/internet provider was offering it for free.

by the time i'd signed on, they had their own online protection program and when i ran it the first time, it located a lot of spyware. it's still running slow though, even after my having removed all that.

Oh geez, there's your problem. You have Norton, that puppy will eat up your resources like a fat kid on chocolate cake

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 06:06 PM
Still single and getting used to this a lot....frustrated

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 06:05 PM
Sure, I'm attracted to lots of women..but not in a sexual way. Usually they have an interest in common that we can discuss as equals.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 06:02 PM

What's a torbay?

what's a wemon? half woman half lemon?????whoa

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 06:00 PM
If they don't want me....walk away and forget. Like my son always tells me "Dad, there are more fish in the ocean, just cast your line in again and see what you catch. Don't worry about the one that got off the hook."
Not bad advice from a man half my age.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 05:58 PM

Oh and the real reason for posting, I set my eyes on him and just stare and listen to his every word like he is the smartest man in the world, then i slide my hand up his leg to his crotch works every time.devil

And if a man were to do this to a woman, he'd get his ass in a sling. whoa

Try me.

And we have a winner!!laugh

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 05:55 PM
Edited by XxAchillesxX on Sat 06/06/09 05:56 PM

this question is for anyone that has never been married,recently divorced,or want to marry in future...would you grt a prenuptual agreement in todays world and why??( and if you did what would you want in it?)

How should I put this delicatly....aaaahh, HELL NO!

To begin with, a pre-nup in Idaho wont hold up in court.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 05:53 PM
If I can touch her....it's real, for everything else there is Mastercard.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 12:25 AM
Anyone interested in one of the best antipsyware programs, try this one:

http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=GOOGLE-SUPERANTISPYWARE

It has a free version as well as a professional version. The free version works better than any other spyware sweeper program I have tried. It's not a resource hog either. It also has an option to allow you to protect your homepage when you go online.

XxAchillesxX's photo
Sat 06/06/09 12:19 AM
Edited by XxAchillesxX on Sat 06/06/09 12:21 AM
Go here;

http://majorgeeks.com/Advanced_SystemCare_Free_d5927.html

download and instal Advanced system care free. It is a good program that will scan your system and help find the cookies, registry errors and junk, that is piling up in your system.

Ignore the other programs listed, believe me, this one works and many of my customers ask for this specific program. Another note for you, do NOT update to Internet Exploer 8. If you do, you might as well just shoot you comp. IE8 is so full of holes, that any hacker can slip right through into your system.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 13 14