Community > Posts By > WallaceStevens

WallaceStevens's photo
Fri 01/23/09 03:50 PM
good answers you guys, I feel like I kinda missed the boat in jr. high and high school. I just got 'pecks.' and not the whole big mind-blowing thing.

WallaceStevens's photo
Fri 01/23/09 03:41 PM
For me, it was in my dorm. I made out with a lot of guys and didn't do much else cuz I was a virgin. I wanted to kiss almost all of them too, it was so fun, drinking and making out.

WallaceStevens's photo
Fri 01/23/09 10:40 AM
And I suppose smokers want lung cancer too.

WallaceStevens's photo
Fri 01/23/09 10:31 AM
Oh ok, I don't see the humor, people are alcoholics for a reason, and usually its not all pretty and flowery if that's what you were wanting from people.

WallaceStevens's photo
Fri 01/23/09 06:50 AM
smile2 thanks.

WallaceStevens's photo
Fri 01/23/09 06:40 AM
For the person who said they detest everyone who lies, cheats and steals, and off with their heads...I guess I totally fit that bill, yeah the boot fits. Off with my head, huh?

WallaceStevens's photo
Fri 01/23/09 06:30 AM
Hi Winx and everyone:

I'm going to a funeral this morning for my uncle, he died, he was truly larger than life and lots and lots of people will be there. This will be my first church service in a long time, and I'm looking forward to it. His one son is a minister, and the others in the family are very religious also. I am looking forward to opening my heart. I will let you know how it goes. I may start out thinking creatively to talk to God and then see what happens, since I'm still writing lots of poems while on this 9mg of invega.

Have a good day.

WallaceStevens's photo
Fri 01/23/09 06:22 AM
Just so the guy doesn't say after she breaks up in one month, look at everything I've done for you, look at how well I've treated you and spent my money on you.

WallaceStevens's photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:30 AM
If you loved Shrek 2, you probably know the answer to this question.

WallaceStevens's photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:27 AM
A big thing, back when you are young and idealistic is to say, "I have no expectations about you." But can this really be true? I think we do have an idea or an expectation that we either go against or with, its very hard to rid the mind and the heart of what it does almost naturally and this is to want something, to want something very badly, to long for it, so I think you do expect to find it or to get it...do you think you should expect it?

WallaceStevens's photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:19 AM
everyone is in love with the idea of love, TBRich. Don't you think?

WallaceStevens's photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:14 AM
I don't think that a person who does something that appears to be insane is necessarily clinically insane, it may just be a momentary lapse of reason. Its those who do not recover from these momemnts, or bounce back ,or realize the error of their ways that are insane and need help.

WallaceStevens's photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:01 AM
I'd just like to clarify what I know from my own experiences is that it is not a delusion to believe in Jesus Christ, but it IS a delusion to think that you are Jesus Christ.

WallaceStevens's photo
Thu 01/22/09 07:53 AM
Freudian slip, don't you think, to omit 'faithfully,' since he's been under such fire with the whole Rick Warren thing, and then so many non-believers that want things their way. Though, I guess of course, the word, faithfully used in this way is not really referred to religion, but rather, as 'loyal.'

WallaceStevens's photo
Thu 01/22/09 07:38 AM
all of Sgt. Pepper

WallaceStevens's photo
Thu 01/22/09 07:02 AM
As was mentioned, I also like Barbara Kingsolver and John Updike, and I would recommend for those who noted these books to read Joyce Carol Oates, especially the book, Them.

I would add to this list: Michael Chabon, Michael Cunningham for north American writers, and Gabriel Garcia Marques and Jose Saramago in south america; Zadie Smith from the U.K.

My all-time favorite book is Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky.

WallaceStevens's photo
Tue 01/20/09 07:50 PM
Cool, Winx! I volunteer lots of places, that I'm passionate about.

WallaceStevens's photo
Tue 01/20/09 06:42 PM
I worked for the campaign. I waited a long time for this day. No one is going to take this away from me.

WallaceStevens's photo
Tue 01/20/09 06:33 PM
I find it great that Jesus came from a virgin and loved and would have married a whore. This goes to show that neither one matters.

WallaceStevens's photo
Tue 01/20/09 06:14 PM
Where are you when I'm scared? that's what I wanna know.