no photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:09 PM
I BEG YOUR PARDON, BUT YOUR ARGUMENT'S IN VAIN!!!

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:01 PM

CONSPIRACY THEORY IS SUCH A BORE,
IT MAKES ME SLEEPY -- SORRY FOR THE SNORE...
I'M GONNA CRASH IT WITH A CAIN!
i BEG YOUR PARDON, BUT TOUR ARGUMEN'S IN VAIN!!!

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 02:30 AM
THIS IS COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC: (correct me if I'm wrong)
----------------------------
(***Although it also falls in the category of "Hypothetical Questions *********************************************************)

It seems as though the words or sentences we speak tend to have a certain flavor -- bitter or sweet... And I often wonder whether the written (tiped) word can also posess the SMELL (?!!) -- cuz it sure seems like some people in here really stink in expressing themselves!!! Regardless of their good intentions, the stinch simply comes through their manner of delivery...

Some guy in here complained of nobody responding to him... After reading his profile, I had no choice but cautioning him of the reason for No Reply could be his own BAD BREATH!!! (which is a more acceptable form of saying "you Stinck!!!")

It follows that the only remedy against the "Bad Breath" would be brushing your "intellectual teeth"! (LOL)

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 11:59 PM
Sorry, I got in just 5 minutes ago and hadn't noticed that from the posts...

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 11:52 PM
*** WHAT SEEMS TO BE A REAL BULLSH!T IS THE TOPIC ITSELF! ! ! ***

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 11:40 PM
FRANKLY, I'D RATHER LIVE OFF THE SOCIAL ASSISTANCE RATHER THEN SETTLING FOR SOME CRAPPY MANNUAL-LABOR JOB! (that is, if your living arrangements permit such a laxury...)

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 11:21 PM
BILLY, YOU TEND TO DISQUALIFY YOURSELF BY RIDICULING THE OPPOSING VIEW INSTEAD OF REBUTTLING OR IGNORING IT ALTOGETHER! ! !
(as if there aren't enough of really Scientific threads where you can push your pooint of view... and argue with the real scientists)

Finally, you can start your own thread, like, "THE HOLY TRUTH"!!!

(unfortunately, you won't since you lack the creativity * * * * *)

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 10:41 PM

(TO CLAIM OTHERWISE WOULD BE AS FOOLISH AS BILLY who chooses to argue with everybody -- ***EXCEPT OF Abra who, he knows, will rub his nose…
and ghosts might exist! Who knows?

I really don't get this animosity. Opinions are like assholes you would think once you get to be an adult you could handle someone with a different opinion.

It is not your opinion I am agaist, but the condescending manner with wich you choose to state your opinion! ! !

YOU SEEM TO BE VERY SMART ARGUING WITH THE LEY-MEN OR -WOMENS!
** I CHALLENGE YOU TO PROVE NONEXISTANCE OF GHOSTS TO ABRACADABRA **

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 10:29 PM

It's very elitist to think that we know everything there is to know based on evidence. *** I'm sure when you have more life experience under your belt, your thinking will have changed 10 years from now.*** Some things can't be explained. I don't choose to live my life denying unexplained events because I didn't have scientific evidence. I would find that boring and a waste of time that could be better spent living life. To each his own.

An excellent point, dear pkd1220:
* * * what Billy lacks is the wisdom of experience. So far, all he has to rely upon are the text books of the 3rd year college student -- because all of those books only teach the theories of what's already been discovered and tested (i.e. building the background for further research...). And those books also define his nature -- everything has a logical/scientific explanation... (otherwise, he had wsted money for nothing)! Yet, none of those texts would ever admite its incompleteness -- otherwise they wouldn't sell.

*** Even Eistein himself has admitted the evidence of the "Creator" (or somthing divine) -- referring to his dwelling deeper and deeper into the essence of physics...

Though, I doubt you will convince Billy -- you're gonna have to wait at least "10 years until he has more life experience under his belt"! ! ! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

no photo
Wed 05/20/09 11:37 PM
As usually, Jeanni has made a clever observation about the nature of Reality:
“Humanity has AGREED upon certain things to be universal throughout the world…” (or something to that extend)! I.E. we agreed upon definitions...
Without such an Agreement co-existence and/or co-operation wouldn’t be possible – it constitutes the basis of our civilization.
Another words, * * *THE ESSENCE OF THINGS IS DETERMINED BY THEIR DEFINITIONS * * *
Yet, there is still much to be defined in this Reality (I don’t even wanna touch other realities… -- according to some scientists, ours (from Neanderthal to present) is the 5th civilization on this planet! And every time the development starts anew… -- though may nt be identical.

Reasonable life, usually, begins at school where we learn the basics of previously defined matters. Afterwards, some of us may proceed to more specialized studies – thus providing further clarification and (sometimes) even redefinition of the commonly accepted theories, thus driving forward the progress . . .

Nevertheless, in spite of how far we progress, there seems to be more of the unknown than we can possibly imagine – in fact, the more we discover, the more there is to be discovered. . . (to argue otherwise would be as foolish as implying that everything’s already discovered!)

Therefore, until we grasped at least the nature of the Universe – not to mention the essence of Quantum Mechanics, or Quantum Fields, or Black Holes, or Antimatter, or … -- we cannot claim to know everything there is to know about anything, since our interpretation would be based only on the current level of our development…
(TO CLAIM OTHERWISE WOULD BE AS FOOLISH AS BILLY who chooses to argue with everybody -- ***EXCEPT OF Abra who, he knows, will rub his nose… * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *) # # # # #

Consequently, the Paranormal might very well be real -- just as real as the Quantum Fields... -- and ghosts might exist! Who knows?

no photo
Wed 05/20/09 01:02 PM

Do you think we live in a "just" world?
People get what they deserve, or some form of karma?

*** The nature of the world is a matter of your point of view! ***

Explaining the world's justice (or injustice) from the point of view of Karma, is to navigate into the murky waters of Fate -- since nobody dare claiming to be an expert in either one...

(from the point of view of Karma -- which might span a few generations -- a poor child's ancestors might've been vicious killers...(Hitler?) There are too many unknowns to even begin to consider!

***However, the truth of the matter is within us:
if we beleive the world is just, then it will confirm itself as such. But if we believe it is unjust, then I fear for our well-being!
The reason there is so much injustice in the world is because some people believe they're more "just" than others!..

no photo
Mon 05/18/09 11:24 PM
____________INTIMATE FRIENDSHIP_________(2006)
( to Bob, Or Pete, Or who-ever -- Alex, Nick, Sam, ........)

We're getting close much too fast
And disregarding limits and restriction...
But, contrary to my initial conviction,
I fear loosing you in depths of lust!!!

I cherrish sweet togetherness we share,
Yet, I'm not ready for a major plunge...
Don't tempt me, darling, I don't dare
To burn the bridges of retreat behind!

This tender intimacy mixed with friendship
Is all that I can share (now)...
But even that, my charm, is more than you can handle
Until your heavens cleared off the "stormy clouds"! (divorce)

Oh, I wish we could just leave the world behind,
Take all worries out of our minds,
Spread our wings and fly so far away...
(Well, I guess, you know, dear, what I mean to say!)

. . . . . . . . . . . P.S.
Don't give me reasons to impress you
And don't impress me, darling, please.
Don't let me kiss you and carress you
For I don't know where will all that lead...

no photo
Mon 05/18/09 10:07 PM

The love I am talking about is not simply sex.
Divine love is closer to a feeling of compassion and a general joy of living. The compassion is for others.

Sorry, JB, but my post -- [Oh, trust me, I practice that almost every weekend -- in various positions... (including 69) Otherwise, can you explain me HOW TO LET GOD INTO MY HEART??? ] -- was actually directed at MorningSong, since he prophesses the lack of God in our hearts... (just wanted to test him...)

no photo
Mon 05/18/09 07:08 PM

:heart: :heart: And God IS LOVE.:heart: :heart:

flowerforyou :heart:

drinker

:heart::heart::heart:

Oh, trust me, I practice that almost every weekend -- in various positions... (including 69)

Otherwise, can you explain me HOW TO LET GOD INTO MY HEART???
flowerforyou :heart:

no photo
Mon 05/18/09 05:23 PM

Life is Now... that's all there is...right Now.

Although that's true (at the very basic level) but, at the same time, that's almost as simplistic and nonsensical as the exclamation "*Life is happiness. Period.*" -- because
****************EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE:
certainly, from the perspective of a terminally ill person, NOW is all there is, and every day such person is taking another breath only re-affirms that "Life is happiness"!
(the same sentiments are shared by either most of HAPPY or Rich people -- who want to preserve the current state of affairs for as long as possible -- or mindless poor people, OR ailing old people who have nothing to look forward to...)***

But, unless one is born to nobility, or has a huge inheritance comming, one must prepare one's own means of subsistance that will carry him/her through Life...(beginning from school years up to the late middle age)

THEREFORE, "Yesterday" is of the paramount importance because that is what the NOW consists of. And, by transitivity -- since "TOMORROW" stems from NOW -- it follows that "Yesterday" also determines "TOMORROW" to a great extend!

Otherwise, in simple terms, "Now is all there is", HE-HE...

As some lai-man/woman said:
Yesteday's a hystory.
Tomorrow's a mystery.
NOW's a gift -- that's why its called Present!

Hey, Jess and Abra, your right -- to hell with Yesterday * * * * *
As long as you r breathing YOU ARE ALIVE -- lIFE IS NOW! (he-he)

no photo
Mon 05/18/09 05:22 PM

Life is Now... that's all there is...right Now.

Although that's true (at the very basic level) but, at the same time, that's almost as simplistic and nonsensical as the exclamation "*Life is happiness. Period.*" -- because
****************EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE:
certainly, from the perspective of a terminally ill person, NOW is all there is, and every day such person is taking another breath only re-affirms that "Life is happiness"!
(the same sentiments are shared by either most of HAPPY or Rich people -- who want to preserve the current state of affairs for as long as possible -- or mindless poor people, OR ailing old people who have nothing to look forward to...)***

But, unless one is born to nobility, or has a huge inheritance comming, one must prepare one's own means of subsistance that will carry him/her through Life...(beginning from school years up to the late middle age)

THEREFORE, "Yesterday" is of the paramount importance because that is what the NOW consists of. And, by transitivity -- since "TOMORROW" stems from NOW -- it follows that "Yesterday" also determines "TOMORROW" to a great extend!

Otherwise, in simple terms, "Now is all there is", HE-HE...

As some lai-man/woman said:
Yesteday's a hystory.
Tomorrow's a mystery.
NOW's a gift -- that's why its called Present!

Hey, Jess and Abra, your right -- to hell with Yesterday * * * * *
As long as you r breathing YOU ARE ALIVE -- lIFE IS NOW! (he-he)

no photo
Mon 05/18/09 12:06 AM
THANK YOU, MADAM.

I FINALLY BEGIN ACCEPTING YOUR SEEMINGLY "CONCEALED" WISDOM...

no photo
Sun 05/17/09 10:33 PM
________________INTIMATE FRIENDSHIP_______________(2006)

___ . We're getting close much too fast
___ . And disregarding limits and restriction...
___ . But, contrary to my initial conviction,
___ . I fear loosing you in depths of lust!!!

___ . I cherrish sweet togetherness we share,
___ . Yet, I'm not ready for a major plunge...
___ . Don't tempt me, darling, I don't dare
___ . To burn the bridges of retreat behind!

___ . This tender intimacy mixed with friendship
___ . Is all that I can share (now)...
___ . But even that, my charm, is more than you can handle
___ . Until your heavens cleared off the "stormy clouds"! (divorce)

___ . Oh, I wish we could just leave the world behind,
___ . Take all worries out of our minds,
___ . Spread our wings and fly so far away...
___ . (Well, I guess, you know, dear, what I mean to say!)

. . . . . . . . . . . P.S.
___ . Don't give me reasons to impress you
___ . And don't impress me, darling, please.
___ . Don't let me kiss you and carress you
___ . For I don't know where will all that lead...

no photo
Sun 05/17/09 09:24 PM
Billy, where do you get off:

Nothing wrong with exploring possibilities, where science has no pat answer, at all, just know that if you claim something you will be asked to back it up with solid evidence and reason.

I'm sure your confusing this forum with the Calculus course. In here, NOBODY OWES YOU (or anybody else) ANYTHING!!! Its a free expression of personal beliefs and opinions... You are free skipping over the post which you disagree with! BUT DEMANDING THE PROOF -- LOL -- where do you get off? ? ? * * * * * * * * * *

____________________________ A SAYING:
Reasonable people try to fit the World...
Unreasonable ones persist in attempting to fit the World to themselves...
THEREFORE,
THE PROGRESS DEPENDS UPON THE UNREASONABLE PEOPLE!!! * * * * * * * *
=========================*========================

no photo
Sun 05/17/09 06:06 AM
Something I have said sure has ruffled these feathers.
It seems a lot of people feel threatened by skeptics, and lash out..

IBYP, sonny-smartass, but a skeptical pathetic 3rd year student doesn't represent a threat to a scientist with a B.Sc. in Computer Science!!! Though, I'm not trying to belittle your scientific background... However, like I said, *** OTHER TRULLY SCIENTIFIC MEN in here ("_X_") -- compared with whom you would pale like a *HIGH SCHOOL KID* -- have enough DIGNITY to not get involved and argue with the "unsophisticated-ignorant" people ("_Y_") who, at times, may stumbble upon something which scientists turn into Discoveries... (Are you aware of the fact that Sir Isaac Newton's gardener first pointed the great scientist's attention to the apples falling down from the trees..?) You aren't?!! ***HOW IGNORANT OF YOU!!!***

*** It is beneath _X_'s dignity shutting _Y_ up just because they have a different background!
* * * *THE MOST YOU CAN DO IS OFFER YOUR POINT OF VIEW...* * * * * * * *
***>>> BUT HOW DARE YOU -- MISERABLE STUDENT -- MAKE FUN OF ANYBODY? ? ?
---> Sure seems like YOU don't get enough respect in YOUR chosen field if YOU find it necessary correcting and degrading anybody!!!

P.S.
The difference between the wise adult Men and Pompous YOUNG Fools is the latter tend to affirm themselves only in comparison with "_Y_" !!!

And if you persist in the same manner, I'm gonna invite a couple of academics (_X_) who will put you in disgrace! ! ! * * * * *
HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA... HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA.................