no photo
Sun 04/19/09 02:47 AM

Re:
Y O U _ H A V E _ E X C E E D E D _ Y O U R _ Q U O T A _ O F _ Q U E S T I O N _ M A R K S ? ? ?

LOL laugh
I think he makes a statement and then questions it (???) in order to get others to THINK and all the while implying that nobody is really right or wrong.

Sorry, Jeanie, for not responding promptly – I just got home… (and then it's taken awhile to read everything -- not to mention composing, typing, and editing this response simultaneously, and then repeating the cycle cuz I accidentally deleted everything..!) However,
if your explanation of the ??? phenomenon is correct, then David overlooks the main purpose of this thread:
A free exchange of ideas, without the fear of being labeled a “mindless idiot” (i.e. ignorant) – although some people tend to deviate from it (i.e. they DO deserve to be labeled as such – I hope you know who I’m referring to…)

As for David, I simply found his manner of expression a bit hard to swallow – although I always enjoy his philosophical posts:
When I joined this thread, I was overwhelmed by the fact of such a learned person is a part of it, although sometimes I have a difficulty of following the train of his thoughts – at times, it is moving much too fast! Judge for yourself:

QUOTE: each little tittle of all things that jittle, of earth so brittle and oh so little, runner be batter up in the procession that mask the impression of time, but the miniscule that create the grand illusions of the cosmos, that divide magnanimous realms of streched out time, that hide lying still and waiting behind the blind???” “ “ “ “ “ “

Oh, I get it: (but do not get me wrong, please – that’s what I’ve heard) when Jesus spoke, not many people could comprehend him, because he often expressed himself in riddles -- that’s why he was often misinterpreted… (and we all know how he ended up! LOL)

**** TO DAVID: by all means, darling, continue entertaining us with your beautiful vision of the world! Just take into account the fact that not everybody are as sophisticated as you – why bother posting a reply, if it might (and, most probably, will) NOT be comprehended? ? ? {I’m referring to a certain manner of your expression.) Perhaps, you aughtta be more considerate of such ignorant people as me, for exaple… Thank you!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Peace…
P.S.
…According to David:
/QUOTE: can one "imagine" ANYTHING now, in it's present mind, WITHOUT HAVING "SOMETHING" TO "FIRST" BASE IMAGININATION ON???
NOTHING IS IN THE "SUBCONSCIOUS", EXCEPT WHAT WAS ONCE, OR IS, OR HAS BEEN "SEEN OR HEARD "FIRST", NO MATTER HOW IS IT DEFINED OR CONSTRUED BY THE PRESENT REALITY ALONE???””””

--- Another words, everything is just a great PLAGIARIZM???
Oh, but you seem to overlook the greatest “magic” of Science, i.e. DEDUCTION:
-TAKE A FEW OF THE KNOWN FACTS,
-COMBINE THEM TOGETHER, AND…
-DERIVE A NEW (UNHEARD OF) CONCEPT! (which often require a sheer ingenuity!)
Otherwise, any fool could come up with the “trivial idea” – such as, for example, E = mcc ! ! ! {sorry, the superscript does’t
************************************************************************ . . . .work to express “c squared”}

no photo
Sat 04/18/09 03:16 AM
... said billy, and killed the harmless romantic ranting...
(as if the science is the abswer to all of the riddles!

no photo
Sat 04/18/09 12:41 AM
I AM SORRY, DAVID, but, phyllisophically speaking,
Y O U H A V E E X C E E D E D Y O U R Q U O T A O F Q U E S T I O N M A R K S ? ? ?

your MESSAGE consists of 42 sentences, AND every one of them ends with THREE QUESTION MARKS??? THAT IS MUCH TOO MUCH??? AND I CANNOT TAKE IT??? LOL???

Aren't YOU AWARE OF THE OTHER PUNCTUATION MARKS??? {THIS IS A REAL QUESION BY THE WAY???}

PERHAPS ALIENS HAVE AFFECTED YOUR COMPUTER, OR YOUR HANDS???

P.S. THERE, WE JAVE A CONFIRMATION!!!

no photo
Fri 04/17/09 12:55 AM

The evidence just isn't there -- in truth it was never anything but a false rumor to begin with. ohwell

I think Billy and Creative and myself have given these things plenty of serious consideration and we've simply concluded that they are neither practical, nor probable.
Most people don't bother to think things through in depth.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wow, Abra, you seem to be forming an alliance!..
Although Billy and Creative may be skeptical of some of the ideas, yet they're, at least, opened to the possibility... You, on the other hand, are completely closed -- regardless of the countless facts indicating otherwise, you blindly reject any evidence! (I guess, you’d still deny it even if the alien stared in your face – until the mass media reported the incident…) * * *
Unfortunately, that’s what happens to most of the old past scholars who cannot adapt to new unorthodox ideas!

Fortunately, this thread has been joined by the person (METALWING) who’s been fortunate to personally observe one of the ancient artifacts, the pyramids of Macchu Piccu – from the engineering point of view! (Wed 04/15/09 02:53 PM) I bet, he’s been a disbeliever also. But, after observing the evidence 1st hand, he’s arrived to the conclusion that “man could not have built those pyramids”! ! ! * * * * * * * * * *

With all due respect, Abra, you resemble a child who shut his eyes and ears, saying: “I do not see/hear anything – the evidence isn’t there !!!”
Well, everyone’s entitled to his opinion… But it would be a Futile attempt persuading JB to join your sinking boat! ! !

no photo
Thu 04/16/09 03:16 AM

EVOLUTION, on the other hand, is a scientific theory – seemingly credible and generally accepted… But still JUST A THEORY nonetheless * * *

That's actually a false statement that is perpetuated by Creationists.

To claim that it's "Just a Theory" in this day and age is truly ludicous.
Same thing goes with "Quantum Theory". Many of the predictions of quantum theory have been experimentally verified and observed to be true. Yet we still call it a "Theory".

The same thing is true of evolution. It's no longer "Just a Theory". The EVIDENCE is IN! And has been in for some time now.
LIFE EVOLVED ON PLANET EARTH!
Thank you, teacher, for pointing that out, but I'd appreciate if you put on your glasses before reading the posts...

I do not dare disputing the Evolution -- as foolish as I can be, I ain't that foolish! Obviously, Life evolved...
(what kind of a Creationist would I be, if I call the Religion a Dogma?!!)
However, I was referring to the SEED of Reasonable Life! ! !
(I'd also appreciate if you take the blinders off...)

no photo
Thu 04/16/09 02:27 AM
Sorry, Jeanie, I was trying to spell the phrase "WELL DONE" in large letters but forgot that blanks aren't counted as characters...

W........W..EEEEEE..LLL.....LLL......DDDD.....OOO....N....N..EEEEE
W........W..E........L.......L.......D...D...O...O...NN...N..E
W....W...W..EEEE.....L.......L.......D....D..O...O...N.N..N..EEEE
W...W.W..W..E........L.......L.......D....D..O...O...N..N.N..E
W..W...W.W..E........L.......L.......D...D...O...O...N...NN..E
WW......WW..EEEEEE...LLLLLL..LLLLL...DDDD.....OOO....N....N..EEEEEE,

JEANIE, STICK IT TO HIM! ! !

no photo
Thu 04/16/09 01:50 AM
W W EEEEE L L DD OO N N EEEEE
W W E L L D D O O NN N E
W W W EEEE L L D D O O N N N EEEE
W W W W E L L D D O O N N N E
WW WW E L L D D O O N N N E
W W EEEEE LLLL LLLL DD OO N N EEEEEEE, Jeanie!!!

STICK IT TO HIM! ! !

THANK YOU!

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 11:41 PM

The following link is a interview with Brent Miller regarding a potential polar shift in 2012. Would our government inform the general public?***************************************************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzlCha41FqI
Coming Polar Shift - 2012

________________________________________________________________ Actually, I've heard of this phenomenon happening Every 3-4 millions of years -- give or take a few centuries! (Why else would the dinosaurs have disappeared? After all, a meteor could create quite a devastating calamity of the local scale, but not Global!)
I just never thought I would be so "lucky" to live through another end of the world... (pending the confirmation, of course * * *)

And, from the comments posted, I can see a lot of people sharing my disappointment... (unfortunately, hiding one’s head under the wing, like an ostrich -- disbelieving the inevitable -- would not change anything...)

Nevertheless, scientists aren't always capable of predicting the weather precisely -- not to mention such a global catastrophe! Therefore, there's no reason in warning the public before the precise date & time is known for sure. Otherwise, the total chaos might (and probably will) ensue! Can you imagine what will happen, if all the means of communication would transmit an announcement: PEOPLE, BRACE YOURSELF (AND REMAIN CALM, PLEEEEEASE): IN 3 DAYS THERE’S GONNA BE A GLOBAL DESTRUCTION! ! !

Undoubtedly, a fleet of space shutles will be dispached -- preserving the best of Humanity's... And, in time, everything will repeat all over again! ! !

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 09:13 PM
* * * RELAX, PLEASE, THIS IS JUST A SUSPICION! * * *
. ---------------------------------------
Imagine that the confirmation of the Creation -- through Adam & Eve -- the names of the astronauts who's had to perform an emergency landing on Earth -- has really been discovered!!!
_____________________ THEN
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST REVISING EVERYTHING? ? ? ! ! !

Sometimes, its cheaper to keep your mouth shut (and maintain the Status Quo intact) than making public an essentially useless discovery which might result in the inconcievable consequences. . .

Thus, rather than ruining everything in an instance, the Humanity slowly gets intoduced to the prepostorous idea!...

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 05:11 AM
I hope Billy has been taught a lesson to respect the opinions of the others -- without being sarcastic and making fun of their comments (without adding anything -- an alternative view -- to the discussion except of his sarcazm), thereby humiliating himself by pretending to be a "Know-it-all"...
In continuing the discussion,I'd like to propose the article I've published in the other boring thread, regarding the question of Evolution and Religion -- amazingly, it turns back to aliens...

. . . HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS, ladies & gents:
. . . ------------------------------------
Religion had been passed down through the ages -- each one revising & editing the previous stories (especially when copied manually, or from the words of the story-tellers…) And, as such, might’ve undergone much changes(?)

I suppose, even slightly evolved prehistoric “people” – X for short, or Y, if you prefer -- (possessing some primitive faculties of Observation) might’ve noticed the regularity of events that often occurred as the result of their desires/wishes:
I THIRSTY! – vu-ala: it starts to rain, filling the “cups” with water…
I HUNGRY! -- … look around: the trees are full of frits…
Eventually, they’d learnt to be provident and save the food & water for the period when those disappear (for some unknown reason) – especially when it gets cold and the sky starts crying with tears (i.e.rain)… But when those supplies get destroyed – either by natural disaster, or stolllen by another not-so-prudent tribe – the X would go hungry, roaming the woods in search of food, thinking: “Oh, if only I could find something to eat…” (sorry, I’ve forgotten the prehistoric dialect, LOL) …In desperation, X would raise the hands (fists clenched) and cry out: I THIRSTY! I HUNGRY! Somebody HELP ME!!!
(***…that’s been the 1st PRAYER!) And, sometimes, due to the pure coincidence, the wind would blow – the trees begin to swing, dropping down the out of reach fruits…
And, eventually, the X have observed the regularity:
GO TO THE WOODS, STAND UNDER THE TREE, STRETCH YOUR HANDS UP, AND PRONOUNCE A SUPPLICATION (addressed to Whatever)… And your prayer will be fulfilled!!!
(In time, the "Whatever" has evolved into the personified being…)
*** That, in essence, is how the pagan religion has been born! . . . . . *******************************

Another prehistoric tribe (Y) which lived by the sea, have prayed to a different God – to send them fish… And both tribes had often attacked each other – because they considered each other as pagan! (That tradition has been carried throughout the history! . .)

In the midst of it all, there appeared a man, claiming to be the son of God, who’s proclaimed: “Stop this paganism! GOD IS ONE!!!”
(hence, the birth of Christianity!)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ____________________________________
In essence, the religion remains a DOGMA – a doctrine accepted as true without questions!

EVOLUTION, on the other hand, is a scientific theory – seemingly credible and generally accepted… But still JUST A THEORY nonetheless * * *

Our comprehension of the World still depends to the great degree upon the level of our development that often undergoes revisions and modifications – just as we laugh at the scientists of the middle ages, our 4th-5th generation descendants might laugh at our views… And, who knows, I wouldn’t be surprised if, some day, it would be discovered that Adam & Eve have been planted on this Earth from the outer space . . . (the seed) * * * * * * * *

P.S. Even as deeply religious person, as Darwin, couldn’t defy the power of observing the regularities of the species’ evolvement – hence the Theory of Evolution which, from his point of view, could co-exist with the “Fact” of Creation!

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 02:47 AM
. . . HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS, ladies & gentlemen:
. . . ----------------------------------------
Religion had been passed down through the ages -- each one revising & editing the previous stories (especially when copied manually, or from the words of the story-tellers…) And, as such, might’ve undergone much changes(?)

I suppose, even slightly evolved prehistoric “people” – X for short, or Y, if you prefer -- (possessing some primitive faculties of Observation) might’ve noticed the regularity of events that often occurred as the result of their desires/wishes:
I THIRSTY! – vu-ala: it starts to rain, filling the “cups” with water…
I HUNGRY! -- … look around: the trees are full of frits…
Eventually, they’d learnt to be provident and save food & water for the period when those disappear (for some unknown reason) – especially when it gets cold and the sky starts crying with tears (i.e.rain)… But when those supplies get destroyed – either by natural disaster, or another not-so-prudent tribe – the X would go hungry, roaming the woods in search of food, thinking: “Oh, if only I could find something to eat…” (sorry, I’ve forgotten the prehistoric dialect, LOL) …In desperation, he would raise the hands (fists clenched) and cry out: I THIRSTY! I HUNGRY! Somebody HELP ME!!!
(…that’s been the 1st PRAYER!) And, sometimes due to the pure coincidence, the wind would blow – the trees begin to swing, dropping down the out of reach fruits…
And, eventually, the X have observed the regularity:
GO TO THE WOODS, STAND UNDER THE TREE, STRETCH YOUR HANDS UP, AND PRONOUNCE A SUPPLICATION (addressed to Whatever)… And your prayer will be fulfilled!!!
(In time, the "Whatever" has evolved into the personified being…)
*** That, in essence, is how the pagan religion has been born! . . . . . *******************************

Another prehistoric tribe (Y) which lived by the sea, have prayed to a different God – to send them fish… And both tribes had often attacked each other – because they considered each other as pagan! (That tradition has been carried throughout the history! . .)
In the midst of it all, there appeared a man, claiming to be the son of God, who’s proclaimed: “Stop this paganism! GOD IS ONE!!!”
(hence, the birth of Christianity!)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ____________________________________
In essence, the religion remains a DOGMA – a doctrine accepted as true without questions!

Our comprehension of the World still depends to the great degree upon the level of our development that often undergoes revisions and modifications – just as we laugh at the scientists of the middle ages, our 4th-5th generation descendants might laugh at our views… And, who knows, I wouldn’t be surprised if, some day, it would be discovered that Adam & Eve have been planted on this Earth from the outer space . . . (the seed)

P.S. Even a deeply religious person, as Darwin, couldn’t defy the power of observing the regularities of the species’ evolvement – hence the Theory of Evolution which, from his point of view, could co-exist with the “Fact” of Creation!

no photo
Mon 04/13/09 10:34 PM

Oh your right!

So becuase we cant explain it, its either super advanced technology, or magic huh?

hahah. Love this crowd.

Not "super advanced technology" as I have said. It is "different" technology. (There is no "magic" only technology.)

And you just sit there waiting for someone else to figure it out or prove it for you. You have no theories, no ideas, you do no real research, you neither ask or answer any of the hard questions, you just hold on to what you know is real and make fun of everyone else who might have an idea or theory or the imagination enough to come up with an answer that 'might' be truth. etc. etc. etc...
------------- ---------- ------------- -------------- ------
Listen, JB, take it easy! There's no reason to embarrass the poor fellow who's just trying to cover up the insufficiency of his competence with the giggling... Such is the human nature:
they giggle aimlessly when they have nothing to add to the discussion... OR they pretend to know all the answers, but feel its beneath them adding anything... (in which case, why join the discussion? to belittle everyone? Then its regretable, and shows their ignorance and/or imprudence!)
But, I think, any contr-attack would indicate their comments have gotten to you, thereby giving them some validity...

no photo
Mon 04/13/09 04:04 AM
Do you seriously propose that the aliens -- capable of at least an inter-stellar flight (not to mention the inter-gallactic one) -- have landed for the sole purpose of enslaving the primitive humans, in hope that (once evolved) those pittyful humans might enable them (or their representatives -- the rich) devise a way of eventually conquering the Universe???!!!
Then, I suppose, those aliens have been in a hurry:
2-3 thousand of years is nothing -- on the Universe-al scale!!!

* I urge you, dear, be careful:
you might be disclosing a highly sensitive information which most of the slaves (products) aren't supposed to be aware of!!!

* * * But what's most frightening is that -- somewhere at the deep gut level -- I suspect YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT! ! !
(Apparently, Atlantis had been panished for their refusal to co-operate! ! !)
__________________God, help us!

no photo
Sun 04/12/09 01:08 AM

Why would an advanced civilization visit and get involved with the primitive creatures populating Earth (at the time of the pharos)???

Why wouldn't they?

I have said this before and I will say it again. It is all about business and trade. Perhaps they were mining for minerals, or any number of things. Perhaps they were using humans for slaves.

So slavery is still in practice on this earth and the ruling elite are the representatives of the alien influence that owns this planet.
We are a product. Its all about business and trade.

OMG, Jeanie, you started this great thread about the aliens, and look where you ended it up -- a Conspiracy theory [*CT*] of the rich (i.e. representatives of the aliens [*RA*]) against the slaves (?)!!
***{spoken like a real marxist! LOL}***
Unfortunately, that has nothing (well, very little) to do with the Political Economy, though I can see what you're getting at:
for if the CT were true, then why wouldn't the rich supply the slaves with anything more than the bare means of subsistance (i.e. food and shelter)?!! Yet, they (rich/RA) prefer us (slaves) develop our PERSONAL INITIATIVE which appears to be driving the progress (and even lets some of the slaves join the ranks of the rich/RA). After all -- aside of the descendants of the royalty -- most of the modern rich are/have-been self-made: labouring hard to bring their ideas/improvements to the market, in response to the need of relieving the slaves off of the hard/monotonous labour (like, for example, the guys who've invented the PC).
Look at Henry Ford -- one of the most prominent forefathers of the capitalizm: he's developed the prototype of the 1st automobile at his garage... (and, eventually, has joined the ranks of the most rich!)

I personally happen to know some of the immigrants, who've come to this part of the world within the past 20-30 years -- a few of them are already full blown millionaires! -- due to nothing more but their own initiatives! ! !

I am sorry, but the Conspiracy Theory doesn't fly!
. . . . * * *
Even if aliens have built a single pyramid -- to burry their deceased comrade -- the rest of the pyramids might've been errected by the humans themselves (i.e. monkey see -- monkey do) using the instruments left behind by the aliens. But when those instruments mulfunctioned -- ran out of power -- the pharos had to resort to coercion...

P.S. The reason I'm so confident is because I have inherited an ancient Crystal Ball... LO-O-OL!!!
. . . . Take it easy...

no photo
Fri 04/10/09 11:18 PM

Ok, so aliens come to earth and build structures that supposedly humans didn't have the technology to build. Why wouldn't they use something a little more modern than stone and simple metals? Perhaps if they had built the pyramids with a titanium alloy surface covering I might buy it.
Right this is exactly it, any revolutionary technology would have sufficed, yet they just did things that where better then what the people of the time did . .. oh wow that is so compelling . . . yea not.

lol.

Give me a single strange allow, a single micro chip, a single shred of conclusive credible evidence.

-------------------------
I do not necessarily share the idea of aliens building the pyramids -- though I do not dispute their influence (i.e. antigravity mechanizm lifting multi-tonn blocks) -- but its quite possible when they have been errected (precisely depicting the relationship of Sirius to the other stars), some/all of them might've been covered with titanium alloy surface covering (or something like that)...
But, don't you know what happens to anything great left unattended (especially, when nobody's watching) -- even nowadays???
Especially so many milleniums ago...

The only problem with the aliens theory is
Why would an advanced civilization visit and get involved with the primitive creatures populating Earth (at the time of the pharos)???
(Maybe an accident of some sort, requiring an emergency landing?..)

Though, the only other explanation would have to be a highly technological society already existed at that time...

I don't remember who's coined the following phrase, but supposedly that's where the answer most probably would be --
BACK TO THE FUTURE...

no photo
Fri 04/10/09 05:36 PM

'What is the point of it all?'

IT is in this moment, this very moment, between the in and the out breath.......... you are here.

We are here for the benefit of others, as am I for yours, and you for mine...

You have something for me, and I have something for you....and neither of us may ever know what that was, but we are all the more whole for having had that experience.
:heart:

Essentially, you're absolutely right -- from the point of view of a female who's fulfilled at least one of the Life's purposes (i.e. produced descendants)! How simple and yet beautiful:
BREATH IN AND OUT...

On the other hand, how is it different from that of the animal's purpose? ? ?

no photo
Fri 04/10/09 05:02 PM

As I said...nothing worse than being misunderstood when you feel strong about a subject - I definitely didn't see that from the response which I read....don't know where I have been on this whole "subject."

OMG, I sincerely beg your pardon, I must've misinterpreted your advice --

So here is the conclusion. You need to find what is best for YOU. You need to figure out what makes you the strongest, happiest, most satisfied person you can be. And then...you are alive. Just like that flower. The before mentioned part is the water. Everyone gets sunlight.

...except of what you forgot to mention:
whatever makes you happy must also be of some value to the others -- since we live in the materialistic world. Otherwise, one won't be able to sustain oneself! (well, there's always Welfare -- in case one cannot find a way of being valuable to others...)

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 10:37 PM
-- A RESPONSE TO BILLYSUVOl:
========================
Thanx, but I think you misunderstood me...
Probably, I should have emphasised my two main points, somehow. But just for you, I'm gonna spell it out:

_______THE PURPOSE OF LIFE_______

1. PRODUCE DESCENDANTS - either the natural way or thru adoption. Otherwise, after u're gone, there'll be nobody left to bury you (except of the government...)

2. FIND YOUR TRUE CALLING - your goal or aim -- something to be remembered for...
Otherwise - and only if u're lucky enough - there's a risk your epitath would read:
HERE LIES THE PERSON WHO WAS AIMLESSLY WANDERING THROUGH LIFE (from date - to date)
-*-

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 03:31 PM
OH, THAT ETERNAL QUESTION -- WHAT'S THE PURPOSE OF LIFE?! ! !
--------------------------------------------------------
...From the numerous observations offered above, you might realize there are so many facets to that great question -- just as many as there are answers... And one cannot help but wonder, what's the real answer -- WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

Well, astonishingly enough, the answer to that infinite question lies in the question itself: WHAT IS IT? ? ?!!!
==========
In one way or another, everyone is trying to answer that same question, which tends to re-affirm itself in an infinite circle -- that's how we spend our lives (i.e. trying to find the answer...)
Going along the way (round and round), we discover various UPs and DOWNs, Successes and Failures, Victories and Defeats, etc. -- all the while burning with the desire of finding the right answer to that same question.
Thus, always keep on going! (and I'll see you around...)

P.S. As Jeanniebean beautifully noted,
"Live your life. Live loud, live bold. Fear nothing. There is nothing to fear. You are eternal. You are infinity"

... and do not forget, please, sharing with us know your discoveries of "What is it?"
(WOW, I feel a bit dizzy from that circular motion! LOL)

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 12:19 AM
Although I may be an "amputee" of that war (i.e. left all of my extremities at the battlefield), but, while my main "weapon" is still intact (and the ability of experiencing the emotions is operational), I'd march (or croll) forward...

But, I think, the premise is wrong:
LOVE and Battlefield are contradictions -- if that's a Mutual love:
then you'd enjoy winning the battles as much as purposely losing! (since making up is always sweeter after breaking up...) -- doesn't matter how many battles you lose, but who you lose it to! ! !
(referring strictly to the mutual Love* * *)