Community > Posts By > GYs41

GYs41's photo
Sat 09/28/13 05:48 AM
Line 4 reminds me of the story of the blind man walking by the fish market and tipping his hat as he said,"Mornin' Ladies."

...but unci, you deactivated your profile!

GYs41's photo
Sat 09/28/13 05:46 AM
Excellently done. I believe ED would approve. G

GYs41's photo
Fri 09/27/13 05:21 PM
unci, although the quotation marks and apostrophe marks were messed up in the character format, your message and the skill of your rhythm and meter, make this a remarkable poem. Bravo...for going perhaps where few dare tread...except those brave young men you so skillfully mention.

GYs41's photo
Fri 09/27/13 05:02 AM
You capture the scene from beginning to end and all that lies in between.

"We've hit the high note." seems to say it all.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/25/13 02:38 PM
As the signs show, obama's ears are on a par with those of Mickey Mouse. Mickey is a bit more believeable however.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/25/13 01:45 PM

People live in different worlds of one.
Our world had split in two before it had begun.
One such world is true and clear,
The other dim and mostly bare.
The clear world casts its light in brilliant rays
The other casts in maybes or somedays.
Why the world is split I'll never know.
Imprisoned in mine with sorrows deep
I'll reap the seeds I'll never sow
And dream of yours each time I sleep.
Caution breeds contempt I've heard,
And "farewell" is a sad sad word.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/25/13 01:40 PM

The Pope went on vacation for a few days to visit the rugged
mountains of Alaska. He was driving along the campground when he heard a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods. He found a helpless Democrat wearing shorts, sandals, a Vote for Obama hat, and a Save the Trees shirt. The man was screaming and struggling frantically, thrashing all about and trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly bear.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers wearing Go Sarah shirts came racing up. One quickly fired a .44 magnum
slug right into the bear's chest. The two other men pulled the semiconscious Democrat from the bear's grasp. Then using baseball bats, the three loggers finished off the bear.

Two of the men dragged the dead grizzly onto the bed of their pickup truck while the other tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the back seat.

As they began to leave, the Pope summoned all of them over to him. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he proudly proclaimed. "I have heard there was bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic environmental activists, but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one logger asked his buddies, "Who the hell was that guy?" "Dude, that was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with Heaven and has access to all wisdom."

"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom, but he don't know sh^t about bear hunting! By the way, is our bait still alive or do we need to go back to California and get another one.?"

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/25/13 01:05 PM
Kik, that's great. G

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/25/13 09:30 AM
Now you have another option for dinner, huh?

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/25/13 06:11 AM
Thank you, everyone. I greatly appreciate the kind words.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/25/13 05:01 AM
This is only a guess, but there may be some validity to the idea.

Men of the age you speicify (45-52) seem to be scarce on such sites because at that age they are either still married or recently divorced. If they are divorced at that age, they probably have teenage (or younger) children. If so, they are likely doing their level best to help raise the children during the kids teenage years, AND they are likely paying some very heavy child support or alimony, all which prevents them from being free enough to pursue another love.

Who knows?

Good luck finding the answer.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/25/13 04:02 AM
The Bureaucrat's Delight
listed at the top
of the menu
was intriguing,
so I ordered it.

When the waiter
brought it,
he asked me,
"Would you like
the customary lobotomy sauce
with that, Sir?"

GYs41's photo
Tue 09/24/13 06:22 PM
Many examples of great literature, including great poetry, has been accompanied by art of other types: e.g., music and etchings.

Not trying to be argumentative here, but that term "real poetry" is something I'd like to have defined. Art is a continuingly developing gift of humans. Mixing types of art doesn't present any problem for me, but that's just my opinion. I respect others who may disagree.

GYs41's photo
Tue 09/24/13 03:02 PM
I agree!

Prepare yourself for an onslaught of good comments...and possibly some unsolicited contact requests.

Nice job for sure.

GYs41's photo
Tue 09/24/13 02:35 PM
For clarification by way of an example or two, I wrote a poem that I posted some time ago named Suzy Falls. It was about a real place, but I did some personification in it too. Still, in such a case, a photo or drawing of that specific waterfall or any waterfall would go very nicely.

However, the last poem I posted entitled "Heaven Offers Nothing More
Divine" is about the difference between tolerance and intolerance (or selfishness). I don't think any photo or drawing would work at all on such a poem.

G.

GYs41's photo
Tue 09/24/13 02:10 PM
Interesting question, and timely too.

Just last week I was in a discussion with a close friend about this. Our consensus was that for some poems, like haikus, that offer a quick snapshot of a particular subject, a photo or drawing to accompany the haiku would be a very worthwhile thing.

It all depends on the poems, their content, how they are written, and other considerations. In some cases, as in the example above, photos or drawings would be a tremendously good thing, but for other poems, the poems may be better alone on the printed page.

How on that?
G.

GYs41's photo
Tue 09/24/13 01:41 PM
Thank you all. Your comments make my day. G.

GYs41's photo
Tue 09/24/13 08:30 AM
Thanks, Tommy. I put this out to demonstrate rhythm and meter to someone. Yes, line one is a different rhythm than the rest of the poem, and line two throws a curve ball with the first word, but such is artistic liberty.

Glad you enjoyed it.

G.

GYs41's photo
Tue 09/24/13 04:04 AM
Not yet anyway, but if a nationwide war broke out that called for obama's head on a stake, what do you think HE'D DO?

GYs41's photo
Tue 09/24/13 03:24 AM
Heaven offers nothing more divine.
Praise those few who now begin to pray
That love in all its glory does survive
When vicious hate to tolerance gives sway.
As gaps between us grow to valleys wide
The birth of war emerges from its womb
And thoughts turned fears ignite the great divide.
The self will all the masses soon consume
And at the altar of indignant pride
Will lead to nothing less than bitter doom.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8