Community > Posts By > GYs41

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 05:37 PM
Kleisto, you make good points, but in her case it is a waste of time.

You'll notice that my question to her was not "When she goes to Starbucks..." but "If she were in a Starbucks..." (when the SHTF). Naturally she has her head in a place where she refuses even to consider this serious question.

What if her mother, grandmother, or anyone she knows finds herself in such a situation. I'm sure she wants only to deny the possilbity. It's called living in a dream world. I hope her bubble never bursts.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 05:31 PM
It's hard to say because I don't know anyone that ridiculous.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 05:30 PM
So, willow, you say you "worked on the hill." That tells everyone just about everything they need to know. Who was your bff? pelosi? schumer? biden?

Nevermind, I'd rather not know.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 05:25 PM
...and, singmesweet, if you are having trouble reading three posts above, I'll repeat the question again:

If by chance you were sipping a Latte in a Starbucks and one or more violent criminals came in and began indiscriminately shooting customers and employees, would you rather someone like me be there armed responsibly with a weapon I am fully qualified to use or would you rather try throwing packets of artificial sweeteners at the bad guys?

Yes, I'm still waiting, but I doubt I'll get a coherent answer.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 05:10 PM
The point is that this CEO made a politically motivated statement that made no sense, and it is a "current event." Thus, it is on the Politics, Current News & Events forum.

Plus, you can say "paranoid" until you go blind, but you never answered my question. Go ahead, give me your answer: You're sitting in Starbucks sipping a Latte, and ...

I'm waiting.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 04:09 PM
First of all Starbuck's CEO did not PROHIBIT guns, he just said he didn't want them in his coffeeshops.

Secondly, I'll ask you a question, but first I'll tell you that before each of my three tours to the Iraqi Theater, I had to pass a firearms qualification for both the M4 (carbine) and M9 (handgun). In all three qualifications I shot a perfect score with the M9.

Now my question: If by chance you were sipping a Latte in a Starbucks and one or more violent criminals came in and began indiscriminately shooting customers and employees, would you rather someone like me be there armed responsibly with a weapon we were qualified to use or would you rather try throwing packets of artificial sweeteners at the bad guys?

This "should" make you realize how misguided you are.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 03:52 PM
You're right motowndowntown, and the word is "Intelligent."

Of course, being in a safe place like MoTown, I'm sure you never never never worry about violent crime.

What a joke.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 03:51 PM
No I don't have to, but I choose to no matter where I go because I know that no matter where I go there may be some lunatic who is ready to shoot innocent people.

However, in getting back to this Starbuck's CEO, he is not really an idiot. He is a BUSINESS man, and it is very easy to see through his ruse. He is merely playing on the current Naval Yard shooting to get business from all the anti-gunners in the country. He certainly saw how Chik-Fil-E sales soared after the gay-marriage controversy. He's taking advantage of every anti-gunner in the country. He is truly a clever business man.

Good luck to him and his new customers who buy the brew he sells, no matter how phoney.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 03:36 PM
Today's development in which Starbuck's CEO Schultz made the bold move to tell customers to "Keep guns out of Starbucks coffeeshops" is so utterly laughable that I don't know where to begin. However, I will begin with a question:

Would the Columbine shooters, the Newtown shooters, the Aurora moviehouse shoorer, the DC Naval Yard shooter, and all the other nutjob shooters we've seen in the past and unfortunately will see in the future pay any attention whatsoever to such a CEO's request? Quite the contrary, they will seek out such an establishment.

If I go into a Starbuck's, I will most definitely be armed and will be armed legally in accordance with my CCW permit (and common sense) unless this idiot CEO legally prohibits firearms from his outlets. Then I'll be sure NEVER to enter one because it will NOT be safe.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 02:15 PM
Thank YOU! G.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 02:14 PM
Hmmm, I never dreamed there were one million white racists in this country who drove big rigs (at least that is what someone will likely claim).

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 01:54 PM
Edited by GYs41 on Wed 09/18/13 01:56 PM
J,

I know you may be hesitant, but I really think you should tell this fellow how you feel. Gee Whiz, you are only in the very "initial" stage of getting to know about him so don't worry about breaking the ice. If you do and he is not interested, you have lost NOTHING. If he winds up being interested, you will be SO GLAD you did tell him how you feel. Also, distance won't matter if you two connect. Give it a try! G.

Also, how could a guy NOT be interested in a gal like you?

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 12:43 PM
Thank you both tremendously. G.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 12:23 PM
How would a bird feel
Without its flight?
How would a string feel
Without its kite?
How would the day feel
Without its night?
Or the fish without its gill,
Or the boy without his dream,
Or the wheat without its mill,
Or the roof without its beam?
...the dog with no bone,
and the sling with no stone?
...the up with no down,
and the king with no crown?
Or a top with no spin,
Or a sheet with no bed,
Or a girl with no grin,
Or a thought never said?

How would the old feel
without the new,
and how would the sky feel
without its blue?
Exactly as I feel
without you.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 12:18 PM
If this person is someone on the Mingle2 site, don't be scared because you have the shield of the computer. Give him a holler and tell him how you feel. Be CAREFUL though and tell him that with guarded words. Life will pass you by if you let it. Perhaps this guy is "the one." If he is, you have nothing to lose. If he's not, you'll be able to tell soon enough. Anyway, that's my advice. G.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 11:25 AM
Now both my mind and emotions are teased to the point of happiness. I now understand the "teasing" in your name, and it is GOOD.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 11:21 AM
I tried to find this quotation from the Elizabethan period in England. I thought it was Sir Walter Raleigh, but I couldn't locate it. Anyway, the quote was about "university men," and the statement was that they are "bottled men gone putrid and spreading like mold on cheese." How true today in US universities and it looks like in grammar school now too.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 08:17 AM
Amazing video.

In a collegiate course on "logic and argumentation" I was taught that emotonally neutral language was the only pure way to present clear and unbiased information. That made sense, but it was from a traditonally philosophical perspective on truth and decency. Now, at least in Utah, just the opposite is being taught as early as First Grade. Argumentum ad misericordiam here we come!

No wonder the voters of this country have filled Washington, DC with those who occupy the offices there.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 05:00 AM
You are simply THE SWEETEST!

Thank you so much. G.

GYs41's photo
Wed 09/18/13 04:27 AM
Edited by GYs41 on Wed 09/18/13 04:59 AM
You are MOST welcome!

Remember that in this circle, you, like many others, will get "stuck" at one point or the other. The key is to get yourself stuck on one of the good things like love or happiness and not get stuck on one of the bad things like sadness or desire. If you get stuck on a bad aspect, then push to get the circle started again. Good luck. G