Community > Posts By > ShiningArmour

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 12/28/10 06:39 AM

I noticed that no one actually posts about this here so I thought I would go first.

We have too!:tongue:

http://mingle2.com/topic/show/287899

I'm currently re reading Kate Worley and Reed Waller's Omaha The Cat Dancer series.

Was that a recent thread? I never saw it b4

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 12/28/10 06:29 AM
I noticed that no one actually posts about this here so I thought I would go first.

Does anyone follow a particular manga or comic title? If so What are they? Why do you like them?

I follow:

Punisher MAX
Amazing spider man
One piece
HunterXHunter (Now out of print)
Black panther Man without fear!

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 12/28/10 06:27 AM
Punisher: War zone

Army of Darkness

Watchmen

Not a whole lot but it's better than none!

ShiningArmour's photo
Tue 12/28/10 06:25 AM

I heard there was a two for one and of year sale on gods...but there's a limit...

only one per customer.:wink:

Oh boy! Where do I get in on this great deal! gods are us?

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 12/27/10 02:59 PM

*lol* Thank you for that colorful scene abra

I'd love to say you're welcome.

But I afraid I'm not the original painter of that scene. flowerforyou

Oh well. I thought you explained it quite well.

Thank you.

Getting back to your original question:

The question I ask here is: Will my prayer of being erased from existance be answered? Or am I free to do what I please? Will Almighty God in his infinite wisdom erase anyone? If they ask I mean? If anyone can answer this one that would be wonderfull!

I personally don't believe that we are separate from God. In fact, it is the illusion of being separate that might cause you to feel like you'd like to be erased.

Once you realize that your true nature is divine, then you no longer feel any need to be erased, and no longer have any fear of being erased. You realize that time is an illusion to begin with. There is no time in which you can not exist. flowerforyou

I'm not telling you your wrong here abra. No I've quit that job and now talk on other forums.

In response to what you say here I did not do this because I felt any need to be erased.

I had a fear that I believed I could do nothing about. Which in my eyes made the fear inescapable. As in I could do nothing to prevent it.
The more I thought on this fear the more depressed I got until I thought the only way out was death.
To counteract this depresion and despair I invented this prayer to be erased. That way I would obsess on the fear and not the original problem. Was this the right thing to do? No obviously not.

Once again abra I'm not caling you wrong. I'm just trying to make you understand the story better. That's all.

Thanks for trying anyways! That's probably the best advice I've ever gotten. From anyone. Ever. No I'm not trying to butter you up! :tongue:

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 12/27/10 02:31 PM

I'd love to say you're welcome.

But I afraid I'm not the original painter of that scene. flowerforyou

Oh well. I thought you explained it quite well.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 12/27/10 01:53 PM

EquusDancer wrote:

2. Sure, why not? Hindu's only believe in one God, but perceive that God in multiple ways, and have multiple names for him/her. Individuals might be drawn to a more motherly aspect, or a more warrior aspect of their God. It's really no different then the whole trinity concept of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Three separate, yet one.

Truly. This reminds me of the joke where a mystic spiritualist goes to heaven and looks around, and everything is perfect and beautiful. A spirit guide approaches with open arms in a gesture of welcome.

Then a new group of people appear to arrive. Suddenly the ground opens up and demons grab all the new comers and drag them down into the hole and it closes back up around them.

The mystic asks the spirit guide what that was all about and the spirit guide says, "Oh those were Christians. They won't have it any other way".

EquusDancer wrote:

3. Deep down, they really do not contradict each other. It's their followers that do the contradicting. But most people don't get that deep in to other religions and are happily willing to follow along mindlessly with what everyone else says.

Truly. The only reason that religions appear to be incompatible is because people don't fully understand them. A religion that supposedly has a jealous personified judgmental godhead does not conflict with one that doesn't. It only appears to conflict to those who believe that their vision of God is the only way God can be. flowerforyou

Just like Kleisto suggests, they're trying to LIMIT God whilst simultaneously pretending that God is unlimited. whoa

Talk about a contradiction. There you go. Any religion that puts God in a box and simultaneously claims that God is unlimited is a contradiction unto itself.

Good answer. flowerforyou

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 12/27/10 01:50 PM

What could be more scary than to be erased from exisistance?

To be tortured relentlessly for all of eternity with no mercy and with no hope of ever being freed from the horror.

This is why those dastardly Christians invented the concept of hell. They knew that a gift of eternal life wasn't going to be enough. They had to toss in an extreme fear tactic on top of that. Because there are indeed quite a few people who have no fear of simply being erased from existence.

So they had to make it seem like there was a fate even more horrible than that. Thus there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth, and eternally burning in a lake of fire. You'll WISH that you could simply cease to exist, but to no avail. pitchfork

That's how much God will hate you if you refuse to worship the Christians. devil

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 12/27/10 07:06 AM

To say that God can only be present or felt in one belief system or another, or that His word is found strictly in one book as opposed to other books, is to limit Him. If you limit Him, then He is no longer unlimited, and I venture to guess most here would agree that He is.

So given that being the case, He would have to be able to felt and seen anywhere in the world, in any belief system, and available to anyone who seeks. One religion, one book, cannot contain God, cause He is everywhere around. If they could God would not be who He is said to be. He cannot be unlimited if He is limited in whom He is available to and how.

That's an interesting point! I can see where you're coming from...drinker

But this raises certain questions that you would perhaps not mind answering

1. If God is in all belief systems that's cool. What if you're a satanist? Is God there?

2. Does the flying spaghetti monster or invisible pink unicorn count? If God is found here then that's quite a trick! :tongue:

3. If all religions lead to God then why do they contradict each other?

Yes God can be found and heard anyplace in the world or the universe for that matter. If you open your mind and give him a chance.

I once watched an evolution marathon on you tube. I began to think what I knew was wrong. I thought If there is a God surley he can show me he exists right? So I asked him to reveal himself. I think he did. For me that solved the argument.

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 12/27/10 06:58 AM

Fallout: New Vegasbigsmile

Amazing game!

ShiningArmour's photo
Mon 12/27/10 05:58 AM

No thanks. I don't want a shitty American remake. This is great news because it's getting a proper Region 1 release.

Too bad the sequel was lame.

Yeah American remakes of Japanese works usually stink for some strange reason.

I read volume one of the manga. Hated it due to the gore! I mean it's a great story don't get me wrong! I think it just takes some getting used to is all.

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 12/26/10 04:26 PM

Merry Christmas, Matt, and all the sci fi peeps! flowerforyou

I know it's over but Merry x-mass to you as well! happy

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 12/26/10 04:24 PM
What am I reading now?

I'm a vampire hunter D fan so I'm reading "Mysterious journey to the north sea"

I also want to get my hands on some comics and some manga (Japanese comics) I like one piece alot!

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 12/26/10 12:50 PM

Cowboy wrote:

If a rabid bear was about to attack your family and chew them to pieces would you shoot it? If so, would you consider that you have "punished" it? Or did you simply do what needed to be done to protect your family.

Just because you were taught to believe such nonsense doesn't make it rational. whoa

So your calling cowboy irrational? Could that be considered slader?

Your comparing animals to people! People are different from animals. Any moron can see that!

Are we punishing the cow when we kill it to eat it? No. same thing with the bear.

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 12/26/10 12:00 PM

KLC wrote:

Ive yet to see anyone respond to the questions Abra has posed. Just avoidance strategy mudslinging. Its too bad because there must be answers. Nobody seems to want to bother to answer them.

No of course not. They know that I'm making perfectly valid and sensible points and they can't address them. That's why they turn to the tactics of slander.

Ask your questions and people will answer them.

I never said anywhere that YOU were trying to turn people to the faith. What I see you doing is the apposite. No I simply said: You also state that the hebrew view is hating of unbelievers?

Then why bother trying to show them the right path to heaven? Why not just let them go their merry way and end up in hell? Clearly your view of "God" makes no sense.

Note I said "The hebrew view and NOT "Abra"

Now you say that the bible must have come from an evil being? But you don't believe in satan...who is this evil being then? God? But you trust God to be righteous...Which by definition means to be right in the sight of God.
I'm sorry I just don't understand your logic on this one...as usual

And what's this about animosity? I don't have any ill feelings towards you abra I simply don't want you to sound like a fool. That's all.

Finally I'm not an eastern mystic. I'm not even eastern. So NO I don't understand it. You are right on that one!

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 12/26/10 11:34 AM

"Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see."

Isa_42:18,

See what?

That your religion hates non-believers? whoa

I don't believe in a hateful God Cerise, I'm sorry to here that you support and proselytize religious fables that spew such evil thoughts. ohwell

Spreading hate for Jesus' sake, such an oxymoron. slaphead

This has been your theme now for over a week. I've already adressed this issue a few times before and you still continue with this obvious fallacy. I've shown you 3 times that this is NOT true. (that God hates non-believers or "heathens".)

With overwhelming evidence to the contrary, any sane person has no choice but to acknowledge that your quoted words above are nothing but lies and hatred...

If what you say is true, Peter, then it's not important to believe in the Bible at all.

Convince the Christians of that and all will be well. flowerforyou

I already believe that this is true of any genuine truly divine God.

Tell you what....

I'll convince the Christians of that if, and only if, you can convince me that what you say is true...

drinker

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 12/26/10 11:32 AM

See what?

I don't believe in a hateful God Cerise, I'm sorry to here that you support and proselytize religious fables that spew such evil thoughts. ohwell

This has been your theme now for over a week. I've already adressed this issue a few times before and you still continue with this obvious fallacy. I've shown you 3 times that this is NOT true. (that God hates non-believers or "heathens".)

With overwhelming evidence to the contrary, any sane person has no choice but to acknowledge that your quoted words above are nothing but lies and hatred...

If what you say is true, Peter, then it's not important to believe in the Bible at all.

Convince the Christians of that and all will be well. flowerforyou

I already believe that this is true of any genuine truly divine God.

Just because God does not hate sinners in no reason to NOT believe in the bible.

Any sane christian will admit that God/Jesus loves them.

As I stated earlier, why bother trying to convert people if God hates them? Why would jesus sacrifice his own life if he hates them?

Does it not say That there is no greater friendship than a man lay down his life for his friends? Jesus did that. When he died on the cross.

So let's see here, if you don't believe the bible, then you can't believe that God is love...and therefor did NOT die for anyone's sin. So then he really must hate us!

Abra states that he TRUST's God! Why trust someone who hate's you?

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 12/26/10 11:10 AM

:wink:

See what?

Your ranting and raving sounds like a broken record...You hate that anyone else would look to God and trust Him...Why?...never mind :wink:

That's your misunderstanding, and far from the truth. Everyone who truly knows me knows that I support trusting in God 100%.

Ask any atheist on these forums who knows me. bigsmile

What you are asking me to do is to NOT trust God but rather to give my support to a man-made religion that spread bigotry in the name of God.

Instead of placing my faith in God, you want me to place my faith in the ancient writings of a bunch of male-chauvinistic Hebrews who clearly exhibit extreme hatred toward everyone and anyone who refuses to accept their writings as the "Word of God". devil

You're confusing religion with God.

Besides, the doctrine you support makes no sense and is highly contradicting.

Not long ago you posted the accusation that God is blinding me to the truth of his word?

Well DUH? slaphead

If you claim that God intentionally blinds people to the truth of his word then what sense does it make to post Isaiah?

How are we supposed to see if your God is purposefully blinding us to the truth. whoa

Clearly the fables that you support as the "Word of God" are nothing more than a convoluted set of lies that are attempting to create religious bigotry in the name of God.

If those myths were written by anyone they must have been written by Satan himself to be depicting such a hateful demonic view of God.

No, Cerise, I don't disapprove of trusting in God. On the contrary, I say, "Get your head out of that ancient book of hate Hebrew lies, and trust to God for real"

I trust in God far more than you can apparently even grasp.

I TRUST that God is genuinely divine and truly righteous in spite of what the ancient Hebrews have to say.

Now, are you going to tell me that my TRUST in God is misplaced? spock

If so, then you must be suggesting that God is not truly divine and righteous, because this is what I TRUST God to be.

I view God through the eyes of the Eastern Mystics because they see a truly wonderful and righteous God that is worthy of TRUST.

That God of the ancient Hebrews is untrustworthy. Even you recognize that the bible says that God will blind people to the truth of his word.

How can I trust a God who would blind me from TRUTH? huh

That is hideous and clearly unrighteous, IMHO.

You're the one who's portraying God to be untrustworthy, IMHO.

rofl

You believe in the eastern mystic view of God? Then I'm going to guess that you view God as "Everything" This computer is God and you are God and I am God.

In this view God is the universe.

This is fine.

But in other threads you support evolution...This is anti-God...Surely you don't think that God made the heavens and the earth through evolution! Do you? shocked

You also state that the hebrew view is hating of unbelievers?

Then why bother trying to show them the right path to heaven? Why not just let them go their merry way and end up in hell? Clearly your view of "God" makes no sense.

You go on to say that Satan could have written it? Then Satan must be self hating and self destructive! It says that Satan ends up in the bottomless pit. What is this pit? A vacation spot? It also calls him a liar and a murderer among other things. If he wrote the book then he must either be very deeply depressed or insane.

Finally you state that you TRUST God. To do what exactly? I mean you don't seem to like the guy at all. You show that by what you type.

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 12/26/10 10:44 AM

:wink:

See what?

Your ranting and raving sounds like a broken record...

You hate that anyone else would look to God and trust Him...

Why?...

never mind :wink:

I would like to know the answer to "Why" myself!

ShiningArmour's photo
Sun 12/26/10 10:39 AM
Edited by ShiningArmour on Sun 12/26/10 10:43 AM

See what?

No one is spreading hate here but you abra.

God allows us to see the truth through his word as well as healing's and miracles that go on every day.

It's not our fault that you can't see these things for yourself.

Also God is not a hateful being. He does things for a reason.

He hardened pharaohs heart so that pharaoh would see the miracles that God put out there.

God does not hate. But he is a father figure. And as such a disciplinarian. If you do something wrong you get punished. It's really that simple. Has nothing to do with hate.