Community > Posts By > notbeold

notbeold's photo
Thu 05/14/20 04:47 AM
Communist leaders of every ilk will of course have the absolute best of care, or else, out the window you go. Their rivals however may not be so fortunate with their medical outcomes.
Don't worry, the propaganda departments will make everything OK, no matter what.

notbeold's photo
Thu 05/14/20 04:14 AM
Even rubbish food can be made good.

When a student, I ate heaps of really cheap 2 minute noodles, but add 3-4 sprigs of broccoli before boiling, after cooked tip out 3/4 water, add the sachets supplied, but also herbs, turmeric, and a bit of anything else like sauces, cheese, pickles, whatever, another burst of heat - gourmet 2 min noodles.

Cheap supermarket frozen pizza, then add your own extras on top and good cheese, to make it edible. Or just pitta bread or pizza base, and do the same.

Tin of cheap potato salad, spoon some out, shake in tabasco sauce and some herbs, mix up, put the rest back in and mix, eat out of tin. I'm a bachelor.

Baked beans, but add chopped cooked real bacon, basil, chili, balsamic vinegar, cumin. Mushrooms if cooked in a saucepan. Can eat beans cold.

Potato in jacket, washed well, halved, microwave cook, knife criss cross the inside not the skin, drop in butter, salt, pepper, maybe a shake of herb, stir, and eat hot and runny, and burnt fingers. Grill cheese on top for luxury.

I think doing the dishes is the worst part of cooking. I eat out of tins, or the saucepan I cooked in. Two saucepans does everything, and the next meal depends on what is left in either saucepan, except fish, then I wash it.

I cook like I am camping: 1 sharp pointy steak knife does all knife work, even buttering; 2 teaspoons, 2 desert spoons; a fork; an egg flip; can opener; scissors; and a cast iron camp oven for roasting in. That's about it.

notbeold's photo
Thu 05/14/20 03:30 AM
I've still got a beard which I grew especially for RCB, but I can't put the pic in my profile, because my 'puter and mingle don't agree on some things.
Nice new pic.

notbeold's photo
Thu 05/14/20 03:24 AM
Cubic boron nitride

notbeold's photo
Wed 05/13/20 06:14 AM
I'm a good cook, but on my own make too much, and have to eat the same thing for 3 or more meals.
I like to improvise with what's left to use, and sometimes make amazing dishes from unlikely ingredients.

If it doesn't work out, add more plain staples (rice, potato, pasta) and different herbs, spices, sauces, to change the taste. Get a bigger saucepan.

Never more than 3 herbs;
keep spices separate - don't mix curry mustard chili pepper, just pick one;
too spicy hot, or dry - add oil or butter or milk;
too oily - add carbohydrates - rice, potato, pasta, or cabbage;
too bland - add vinegar, sauces, spices, sweeteners;
too tangy - add oil or butter or more staples;

crunchy peanut paste makes instant satay; pan brown/roast cashews or almonds for tasty crunch;

avoid pine nuts - they go off and taste bad; avoid corn - use maize;

bread, bi-carb soda not yeast, warm kitchen, over 1 hr to rise, cool oven.
scones, cool kitchen, hot oven.

Stews, bolognaise: fry meat first, then stew, very low heat;

Worst improvisation: I used packet mashed potato powder to make a cake instead of flour, it was yuck; I didn't notice that the potato powder had onion in it, until I ate it. Then read the packet. Duh.

notbeold's photo
Wed 05/13/20 05:20 AM
Keep the three separate for later, and take pills out of bottles as directed till one is left.
the 3 mixed pills are each halved, and the halves mixed up.
take the 1 remaining pill, and two random halves.
Then last time (if still alive), take all remaining halves.

Theory is I am much safer toward the end of the course if the pills do work;
second last dose is least likely (probability) to be two same pills - more chance to be half a pill wrong - may survive that day;

last dose must be correct, or only half a pill wrong, otherwise you would already be dead.

Or go to a music festival pill testing station, and see if they can tell the difference between the three.

notbeold's photo
Wed 05/13/20 04:28 AM
Just 1 girlfriend, to hang out with and occupy my time. If 1 really was here, that would be good for everyone.

notbeold's photo
Mon 05/11/20 04:58 AM
Find booster seats at your local auto accessory shop.
Find boost chocolate bars at the supermarket.
Or go to the doctor and get a booster shot for the flu, you may need it.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 09:15 PM
I didn't realise 'till I just looked. Laughed so much, nearly choked, you wish.
Gonna have to be vaguer than ever now, to get rid of me.
Hark, I gear grumbles from under yonder bridge. he he.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 08:57 PM
Hi, isn't that the number of a spiral galaxy or an asteroid ?
Nice to see you anyway.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 08:33 PM
I'm not well known as a teacher, I only have 2 pupils.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 06:33 AM
In australia, more people have died from suicide from loneliness than from corona.
More people have died from canceling of surgery and cancer treatments than from corona. ICU nurses are looking for work, with nothing to do at hospital.

I wonder how many of you saw the youtube feature video telling of medical manipulation, gag orders and incarceration with no charges on whistle blowers, and massive profits from medicine patents held by 'government officials', before the video was made unavailable. Several versions have been released from different outlets. Corruption, coverup, collusion.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 05:10 AM
I'm here; been here a few years, on computer not phone. Just having some fun.
Everyone's too far away to meet. Even you.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 04:59 AM
Don't change yourself to suit others, always be yourself, or you will never be happy.
The pain of life's ups and downs is so that the pleasures can be appreciated.
If you can find somewhere to be yourself and happy doing something, other like minded people may be there too, and you will find friends.
You are young, be patient and take care. Best of luck.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 04:46 AM
Zwitterions. Bucket loads of zwitterions.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 04:35 AM
A fluffer.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 04:33 AM
YOU HAVE WON

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 04:27 AM
Electric blanket on.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 04:19 AM
X wing fighter from Star Wars, just for doing mainies in on a saturday night.

notbeold's photo
Sun 05/10/20 04:01 AM
Erected my wood mast, measured for making stays, let it go down again.
Finished making stainless steel bumper strip around boat.
Now eating dinner and looking for trouble.