Community > Posts By > Mark

Mark's photo
Tue 09/27/22 07:29 PM
Edited by Mark on Tue 09/27/22 07:30 PM
Basel, that's true, and it still has the same effect on physical objects or light passing through that space, the spreading is accelerating more the further we look out.

Mark's photo
Tue 09/27/22 10:11 AM
The Suka wars was actually a civil war within the prison system.

Mark's photo
Tue 09/27/22 08:31 AM
Edited by Mark on Tue 09/27/22 08:42 AM
Rubbing my eyes in disbelief at the news From Russia tonight.

All I can think of for historical reference is the battle of Thermopylae.

300 Spartans (and a few Greeks) beat 10,000 Persians, all attributed to the Spartans strategy and know-how.

The Persians just assumed sheer numbers and untrained brute force was all it took to win, the Spartans proved otherwise.

Right now,
Russians are fleeing the borders to avoid Putin's draft (conscript), I'm hearing just for Kazakhstan alone there are near 100K Russians across now, that's insane, that's .75% of the Russian population in just two days on just one border, and more are coming.

Then, Georgia, there's a massive backup of border traffic trying to enter, an estimated 50 hour wait, with countless thousands already in.

Then, Finland, same thing, they're considering closing their border, far too many Russian refugees to deal with. (reminds me of Syria, oh the irony)

Putin, it seems, is making the same mistakes Xerces did.

First mistake, allowing Oligarch, Yevgeny Prigozhin, to recruit his army from penitentiaries, criminals, to fight for them.

This is why so many seniors, women and children in Ukraine were tortured, raped and murdered, also why those forces fled once it got scary.

It's estimated Russia has lost upwards of 80,000 troops already and Russian citizens want no part of this, so it seems.

While Putin controls the news, he cannot control word of mouth nor cell phone camera's witnessing the atrocities.

Russians have a HUGE connection to Ukraine, there are strong family ties there, but also, Russians know this war has already killed more than 9 years in Afghanistan did.

Lastly, yesterday, two members of the Russian Duma spoke out against Putin's tactics, one is the head of the council, this, after Putin made it "illegal" to speak out against his war.

Putin is cornered, he's getting down to that last Ace up his sleeve, the real nuclear option.

Will his government stop him before that?

Great case for not allowing a strong man dictator to reign over a purported Democracy, that's for sure.

Mark's photo
Tue 09/27/22 07:15 AM
Cat 3 going into Cuba, where they often lose momentum nearing land, fingers crossed for you folks.

Mark's photo
Tue 09/27/22 07:12 AM
Not only beautiful, but amazingly intuitive- How'd you know????

My guess, Mike?

Mark's photo
Tue 09/27/22 07:10 AM
James, I'd all of given up on this site with all the non-stop fakes.

Then, I found this forum and learned this chat forum is this site's forte. I met someone here over a year ago and we're very happy, just returned from a 7,000 mile commute to see her last week.

I suggest, for this site, avoid the temptation to use the "automation" it seems to want you to rely on, instead, chat here, get to know folks.

There are a lot of scammers on date sites that use messaging and chat to gain trust, instead use this forum to meet folks.

Mark's photo
Tue 09/27/22 06:38 AM
I'm sorry, really, I'm trying to keep a straight face, really I am, seriously, this is serious business, I shouldn't laugh, really, I shouldn't....

Mark's photo
Tue 09/27/22 03:35 AM
I'm suddenly remembering the neighbor's father in American Beauty, Chris Cooper nailed the persona perfectly.

Mark's photo
Tue 09/27/22 01:14 AM
Thank you all for wishing me a happy 28th birthday, and let's not forget, Bonnie just celebrated her 24th just weeks ago too.

Mark's photo
Mon 09/26/22 03:58 PM
"As they look at the wall before them, they believe the shadows of objects cast by the moving figures are real things"

Mark's photo
Mon 09/26/22 01:46 PM
I find it odd that Hawking even bothered with an opinion on this.

97% of the observable universe is moving away from us faster than light, no signal we send will ever reach them.

The nearest galaxy is 2.5 million light years.

Just our galaxy alone is 100+ light years wide, meaning it will take 100 years for any signal to reach the other side.

That leaves us with our own galaxy, let's say an advanced, but murderous, civilization receives our signal in 50 years, in the time it takes for them to get to us, we will have been long extinct from either nuclear war or global warming.

The good news, Energy executives and defense contract executives will have lived a very luxurious existence up to that point.

Mark's photo
Sat 09/24/22 06:57 AM
Awww, thanks guys.

Especially you, sweetie. love love

Mark's photo
Wed 09/21/22 11:37 PM
Yep, tossing a vote for River

Mark's photo
Mon 09/19/22 02:52 AM
Feelin' good, Bonnie's home soon, cheese is grated, meat's near ready and I'm randomly thinking "... you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." laugh

Mark's photo
Mon 09/12/22 10:42 PM
Bonnie and I have watched House of Dragon to date, I personally think it outdoes GoT so far, but to some that's blasphemy!

Mark's photo
Sun 09/11/22 04:40 PM
Smiling, happy to be part of Bonnie's morning routine, in person, not on Zoom.

Mark's photo
Tue 09/06/22 09:21 AM
Edited by Mark on Tue 09/06/22 10:19 AM

Veritasium video IS TRYING TO SHOW, DOES NOT PROVE that electricity travels at the speed of light; not faster, and it is controversial to say the least.

You obviously didn't watch The first video I linked - it's not Veritasium, this video intended to debunk Veritasium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vrhk5OjBP8

He took your stance but HE put his money where his mouth is

He ran 1 km, 1000 meters of wire, used an oscilloscope to time it in conjunction with the switch and explained his methods in intricate detail.

Watch at around 9:00, where he begrudgingly acknowledges the initial surge is at the same time as the switch, not the full current, but that was Derek's claim to begin with....that "a small amount" of electricity" would reach the end of the circuit at that speed.

Both this video and Veritasium's give physical examples of how, on a much longer circuit, electricity could arrive before light coming from the same destination.

Derek's whole point was to demonstrate that electrical current doesn't actually "flow" the way most of us perceive it does. If it did it would be impossible to arrive at, or faster, than light speed.

Nothing physical can exceed lightspeed, though space can stretch faster and electrons can displace immediately over distances, they are not moving FTL.

Here,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHIhgxav9LY

in Veritasium's original explanation, jump to about 11:40, where he explains how the electrify arrives faster than light without violating light speed.

Another way to look at it, push your kitchen table, the opposite end will arrive to it's stopping point before the light leaving the hand that pushed it. the table definitely hasn't exceeded light speed.

Mark's photo
Mon 09/05/22 07:05 PM
Edited by Mark on Mon 09/05/22 07:06 PM
No, sound doesn't travel in space, however, shock waves can be translated into sound.

Nasa recently released this creepy ensemble from a black hole. it was increased, if I recall, by 50+ octaves to make it audible.

https://youtu.be/sMdm5lXOssI

Mark's photo
Mon 09/05/22 06:46 PM

Also, this one will stump ya, electricity does "travel" faster than light

Would you care to provide a source in support of what you stated?

Absolutely, YouTuber/physicist Derik Muller started a maelstrom of social media dissention in science geek circles when he presented it a while back.

One dissenter did an elaborate experiment to disprove it, only to actually prove that a small amount of the current does actually move that fast, as Derek stated - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vrhk5OjBP8

At around 9:00 and then 14:00 I found most informative.

Then, after all the ruckus, Derek posts a response, the whole thing's pretty funny.

Imagine a mile long table, turn on a light and push the table at the exact same time, the table would be "faster" than the light at the other end.

One of the four nuclear forces, "electromagnetic force" pushes electrons rather than the commonly perceived "flow" in electricity, at least partially.

Veritasium response -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_X2cMHNe0

You may recall a few years back, someone claimed to be able to build a sail car that could travel upwind using the energy of that wind, a physics professor bet $10,000 that he could not.

That professor is now light $10 grand.

Derek us brilliant, Google "Veritasium" - he has dozens of really interesting video's, he's pretty funny too.

Mark's photo
Sat 09/03/22 08:35 PM
Nope, and be my recent attendance, you'd never've guessed.

I say ...Mike!

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 18 19