Community > Posts By > Mark

Mark's photo
Sat 09/03/22 08:32 PM
Edited by Mark on Sat 09/03/22 08:40 PM

..... As for energy traveling faster than light, well light IS energy so that’s like saying light travels faster than itself. And gravity isn’t moving at all. It causes objects to move, at an acceleration rate of 9.8 feet per second, per second. That’s here on earth anyway. Black holes are quite different,,with a gravity so strong that even light ant escape it. It’s guess the idea of speed becomes irrelevant,

Gravity does move at lightspeed, LIGO has confirmed waves coinciding with Black hole and neutron star collisions.

Also, this one will stump ya, electricity does "travel" faster than light, electrons don't move through the wire, they instead displace, electricity passes long lengths of wire instantly, only slowed by resistance.

As for my original post, it's well known in astrophysics, space is spreading faster than light, hence all the buzz over dark energy.

Mark's photo
Sat 09/03/22 08:22 PM
Edited by Mark on Sat 09/03/22 08:24 PM
Quite possibly the worst compulsion I've ever experienced, binging GoT.

I could not stop, I suspect you'll like it too.

I have Bonnie to thank for turning me on to it.... I even made her watch it while we were on our cruise this Summer.

Mark's photo
Sat 09/03/22 08:13 PM
Oooh, a match here....?

You're not "Marxist" cat lady, are ya?

Mark's photo
Sat 09/03/22 08:02 PM
Your profile is perfect, be you and make sure anyone who approaches you is what you want.

As for the scammers, I almost deleted my account over them, then I met a beautiful gal here who also happens to be a teacher.

Mark's photo
Sat 09/03/22 07:59 PM
Remove YOUR profession. The suspicion by highly functional conservative Christian men of what Marxists have done to American Education is at an all time high (revealed to parents seeing their children's Indoctrination online during the height of COVID).

Conversely, Scammers have a Marxist "Entitlement Consciousness" so YOU are drawing them in.....as they think YOU are one of them.

Curious, have you been single, for, say, a long long time?

Mark's photo
Sun 08/14/22 06:15 PM
Edited by Mark on Sun 08/14/22 06:19 PM
Fighting an odd sense of melancholy because her vacation's over, Bonnie's back in KZ, we had a fantastic Summer.

Mark's photo
Thu 06/23/22 03:47 PM
The Jan 6 testimonials today were ALL Republican Trump loyalists (up until Jan 6th, that is) and they were very damming.

Also, Jeff Clark's home was raided today by the Feds.

The most likely reason has to do with conspiracy and his taking the fifth 125 times during his own Jan 6th testimonial.

The crime of conspiracy always involves at least two parties and many of today's testimonials were in regard to conversations with Clark and his interactions with Trump just before the Jan 6th event.

Having heard today's testimonials, it looks like Trump attempted his own Saturday Night Massacre via Jeff Clark.

Mark's photo
Wed 06/22/22 01:36 PM
Taco Sunday

Mark's photo
Wed 06/22/22 01:33 PM
I have.

In fact, picking her up at the airport Sunday for 6 weeks together for the Summer. flowerforyou

Mark's photo
Tue 06/21/22 04:47 PM
Edited by Mark on Tue 06/21/22 04:47 PM
I'd wager this pulsar is part of a binary, with a smaller counterpart that's still active and orbiting the pulsar elliptically every 3 hours.

Pulsar's spin superfast, there's no way the pulsar alone is bursting that slowly.

Mark's photo
Tue 06/21/22 04:32 PM
Hilarious, you misquote Article I as stating the Feds can only tax us to pay for a military, then state "Read the Constitution as it was ratified " and immediately follow that by copy/pasting segments of the Declaration of Independence.

Now, you say I'm the stupid f@@@.

I see a future for you in becoming a Constitutional law professor, or at the very least, a PR director.

Mark's photo
Mon 06/20/22 03:30 AM
The Declaration of Independence addresses the English monarch, dumbass.

Now, read the Constitution.

Mark's photo
Sun 06/19/22 12:06 PM
Edited by Mark on Sun 06/19/22 12:10 PM
Just a random thought on this topic -

As matter concentrates it distorts space/time, time slows down the more concentrated matter becomes.

At a black hole's singularity, time is at an almost complete stop relative to our time....matter falling in & concentrating is doing so at a near standstill.

I see humor in the lack of focus to this detail physicists apply to their theories about black holes.

Einstein theorized that white holes can exist, so, given that, what if the ultimate fate of a black hole is to become a white hole, but in our universe's 14 billion year life span there hasn't been enough time for the slowly forming singularity of any black hole to condense enough to that critical state of matter?

Mark's photo
Sun 06/19/22 11:51 AM
My wife of 13 years passed in 2020, we were together 17 years and we met online in an AOL chat, we'd gotten to know each other over the course of more than a year before going on an actual date.

Last year I put myself back out there, sites like POF, OKCupid or Eharmony do personality tests, but I found the matches lacking in chemistry.

This forum is the magic of this site, we're given the chance to observe each other passively, and then react if we think someone is interesting.

I'm currently engaged to an active member here, she's wonderful, intelligent and extremely compatible, though we don't have every interest in common, we do have the right chemistry, we share the same ideologies.

There is no formula or mathematical equation that can match chemistry through interaction, and online increases the speed of interaction dramatically vs one date at a time.

Even while you may not meet the "right" one, you'll still make friends here in the meantime.

So, yes, I agree with the opening post, online is the best way to meet someone, but beware there are a LOT of scammers, take your time, no rush.

Mark's photo
Sun 06/19/22 08:01 AM
Edited by Mark on Sun 06/19/22 08:02 AM
I read some of the details on this story, the engineer says the program went so far as to tell him it had it's own feelings and thoughts.

Don's remark above "responses based on programming" could well be the explanation, but then, aren't we all "based on programming"?

Mark's photo
Sun 06/19/22 06:51 AM
Edited by Mark on Sun 06/19/22 07:01 AM
Au contraire, section 8 of Article I gives Congress near omnipotent tax and spend powers.

We really should read the actual Constitution before citing it.

As for this argument...

I had a pointless debate on the topic ten years ago, a fellow Libertarian started to berate me for proposing we require gun licensing for the fact that government would then have a picture I.D. and records of our personal info on a database.

I asked him if he had a drivers license.

The same individual made the argument for picture ID's for voting several months later.

AR 15's cannot be used for hunting, they emaciate flesh. They're overkill for self defense.

Also, "A well armed militia" is not the Constitution saying we have a right to overthrow government or murder officials we don't agree with.

That's what elections are for.

Mark's photo
Mon 06/06/22 03:38 PM
If you like a really original horror flick, I suggest "Hereditary".

It has an unpredictable and interesting plot, great acting, the only pitfall is the over-the-top intensity of the gore scenes....they come out of nowhere and they have huge shock value.

Bonnie and I watched it a couple of months ago, she had nightmares, we made a rule thanks to that movie - no more horror flicks before bed.

Preview-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6wWKNij_1M

Mark's photo
Mon 06/06/22 01:32 PM

Mark and I just finished booking a cruise to Bermuda for next month. Now I feel pressured to lose weight so I don't feel so self-conscious in a swim suit!

LOL, and I thought I was excessively self conscious when I said I'll be wearing tee's.

Hon, I can't wait, we're gonna have a great time.love

Mark's photo
Mon 03/21/22 04:01 PM

Yo, Mark. How is things? drinks

OT: Apple :heart: :hammer:

Hey Lars, doing well, work got insanely busy, took a week off to come see Bonnie, relaxing with her for the week, how're you?

Mark's photo
Mon 03/21/22 03:30 PM

Okay, it's about 11pm here and there doesn't seem to have been much action today. I blame Mark & Bonnie. Therefore I have no choice but to cast my vote for -

Mark :hammer:

Sigh. here in Kazakhstan with Bonnie, heck, why not, I vote Mark too

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 18 19