Community > Posts By > Mark

Mark's photo
Sat 10/08/22 02:31 PM
One clear takeaway here, if you want to weed out the most disinformed, post a topic here and let 'er rip.

You guys have been magnificent.

Mark's photo
Sat 10/08/22 01:01 PM
Remembering the stories my grandmother told me of her Irish grandfather coming to America.

There were signs over every business "NINA" and "INNA".

"No Irish Need Apply", and "Irish Need Not Apply", respectively.

Mark's photo
Sat 10/08/22 09:46 AM
Holy Tolstoy Batman, folks I can be verbose but damn, the last two replies I read the first sentence and stopped.

All I can say is you can lead a horse to water, but if that horse is too obsessed with the horses around him drinking too much of what he thinks is his water, don't bother, Let It Die.

Mark's photo
Fri 10/07/22 06:08 PM
Edited by Mark on Fri 10/07/22 06:10 PM

Whilst I do agree with your premise, Mark.
That, the U.S. does need a ready, and
available labor force.

I don't know from
your original post, if you're suggesting
an open borders policy, to let 'em all in.
A free for all, without any vetting.

Or, if you're suggesting a more sane
approach to immigration.

Perhaps, and I give you kudos, if you
simply decided to, metaphorically, grab
a stick to give the fora hornet's nest
a good whack.

You pretty much hit it, definitely some "hornets nest", buttons here are hilariously easy to push, responses predictably knee-jerk.

That said, YES to a sane approach, if you follow and understand economics and the Fed's current dilemma, it's f###ing insane for us to be pushing out the best solution we have, more so to propose spending tax dollars to do so.

So, screen out the criminals, give temp status and voila.

Mark's photo
Fri 10/07/22 06:08 PM

Whilst I do agree with your premise, Mark.
That, the U.S. does need a ready, and
available labor force.

I don't know from
your original post, if you're suggesting
an open borders policy, to let 'em all in.
A free for all, without any vetting.

Or, if you're suggesting a more sane
approach to immigration.

Perhaps, and I give you kudos, if you
simply decided to, metaphorically, grab
a stick to give the fora hornet's nest
a good whack.

You pretty much hit it, definitely some "hornets nest", buttons here are hilariously easy to push, redponses predictable.

That said, YES to a sane approach, if you follow and understand economics and the Fed's current dilemma, it's f###ing insane for us to be pushing out the best solution we have, more so to propose spending tax dollars to do so.

So, screen out the criminals, give temp status and voila.

Mark's photo
Fri 10/07/22 07:33 AM
Edited by Mark on Fri 10/07/22 07:37 AM
This morning's stellar unemployment report, with 263,000 jobs created, unemployment dropped to 3.5%, wages up 5% year over year and over 10 million jobs that can't be filled was ..."disappointing".

The problem we face is the complete opposite to any problem America has seen in my adult life, labor supply is so lopsided that employers are having to competitively raise wages to compete, which in turn fuels inflation via price increases to consumers.
(Wage inflation)

It's also fueling a housing bubble, with both wages higher and mortgage rates still historically low.

The Fed has increased rates in 2022 faster than any time in history to counter excess consumption.

This equates to pain for us if the Fed's forced to keep raising.

The only feasible way around forcing the fed's hand would be if we had some way of increasing our labor pool, if, say, we had access to a large group of workers who wanted to come to America and fill that gap, especially at a time where baby-boomers are retiring the same as the birth rate.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 07:33 PM

I'm also having a problem, can't respond in a thread, doubt it's a post limit thing where I've only posted twice today....

As Larsi said, if you quote a post which has asterisks in it then you will not be able to quote it.

You can either edit the quote to remove the asterisks or reply without quoting the post.

Yes, TXgal messaged me back, the problem was asterisks, thank you

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 06:52 PM

The Writer of the Article did Not Say It, The Man on the Moon did Not Say It, The Hot Dog Vender at Yankee Statium did Not Say It, The New York City Democratic Politician Tiffany Caban Said it.
We New Yorkers are Witnesses to Her Words.

So, you're sure you "New Yorkers" heard her say it firsthand, and not, maybe Republican Councilwoman Inna Vernikov?

Because, if you took the time to read the four paragraph article, even it attributes the statement to MS Vernikov, a Republican adversary, making a snark comment.

I'm doing my best here to give you helpful tips in your deep investigation, you're hot on the trail.

Once yer dun, maybe you should consider a career in investigatin' stuff.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 06:40 PM
Edited by Mark on Thu 10/06/22 06:41 PM

NO, You are Wrong Skakespeare.

Excellent, here's your chance to show us, this is the poster linked on that page.

https://waltzingmtilda.files.wordpress.com/2022/10/publicsafety.jpeg

Relax, it has no big words, and, it's only one page, just tell us where it says what you claim it says on that poster.

I don't agree with the "defund" movement or her oversimplistic solutions, but lying doesn't win the debate, it only discredits you.

This is your chance to restore your credibility, just show us where it states your claims.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 06:01 PM
Edited by Mark on Thu 10/06/22 06:09 PM
There's nothing there about being raped or robbed at gunpoint, it's about conflict de-escalation and resolution.

Nor can I find the "spill a can" or "Did we go to high school together" in it, maybe someone else can find them.

"In other words, don’t call the cops, spill your soda and chat about high school instead!" is a statement of opinion made by the article's writer, not the actual poster.

It's actually good, albeit simplistic, advice, if you read it.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 05:33 PM

Humm again, please post your links or sources to back this up?

So we can read where you found this was said~~

Reiterated for clarification.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 02:06 PM

60% my ! If that is true why do 70% think Biden and the dems. are taking us on the wrong corse ? Lol….

Where did I refer to Biden polls in my "60%" statement?

I'm referring to the size of republican voters as a % of populace, it's now down to 29% of registered voters.

The Republican party is shrinking, leaving only extremists, the point I was making is that you're pushing out level-headed voters.

As much as I dislike "nanny state" politically correct Liberals, you guys are monumentally worse with all the angry "civil war", "Grab yer guns", non-stop fear mongering and juvenile name calling.

Now please, call me a bad name, give us a demonstration of how that works, and why I'm registered independent.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 01:51 PM
Had some dinner, feeling a small bit of relief over a situation that had me worried yesterday.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 01:47 PM
Ideology is extremely important, having similar beliefs to where you're both striving for the same things.

If that's solid, then friendship is a given, the "shoulder to lean" on is imperative for a good relationship.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 01:19 PM
Edited by Mark on Thu 10/06/22 01:20 PM
It's looking really good for Ukraine this week, Since I first posted this they're already on the verge of taking back Kerson and Luhansk.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 12:05 PM
I'm also having a problem, can't respond in a thread, doubt it's a post limit thing where I've only posted twice today....

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 11:28 AM

"Divide et impera"

The advent of the internet opened the door wide for a strategy that previously required aircraft,
millions of propaganda flyers and the ability to drop them undetected.

When it got to the point that a swath of Americans was accusing a swath of other Americans of being child molesters and cannibals, I knew it was time to step back and review the premise behind Plato's allegory of the cave.

I suggest that some of you consider the possibility that your fears and hatred are being played, like a Stratovarius - to divide you from the rest of us, as a means to weaken us as a whole.

Or we can just go to the grocery store, gas station, or check our investment accounts and see for ourselves.

Or, in my case living at the border, I can take a 10 minute drive and see the illegals coming in with my own eyes.

Yes, there is fear mongering going on out there, but much of what's being reported is fact/true.

Oh, well in that case, it's perfectly justified to call for civil war against the libtard, child molestering, cannibalistic Marxist's that comprises 60% of the country.

Good, sound logic there, thank you.

Mark's photo
Thu 10/06/22 10:50 AM
"Divide et impera"

The advent of the internet opened the door wide for a strategy that previously required aircraft,
millions of propaganda flyers and the ability to drop them undetected.

When it got to the point that a swath of Americans was accusing a swath of other Americans of being child molesters and cannibals, I knew it was time to step back and review the premise behind Plato's allegory of the cave.

I suggest that some of you consider the possibility that your fears and hatred are being played, like a Stratovarius - to divide you from the rest of us, as a means to weaken us as a whole.

Mark's photo
Sun 10/02/22 10:32 AM
Edited by Mark on Sun 10/02/22 10:58 AM
Factor this - while America has it's own problems with political insider trading, we at least get to know about it after the fact via public record.

For Putin and his oligarch's, not so much.

Back in 2020, Putin did something weird, for those who recall, he smothered the market in oil supply to get the price of oil down to $12/barrel. It was timed/optimized just after the Covid market crash.

Putin hinted that it was to hurt American refiners, but I say it was far more insidious.

I believe Putin & his oligarch's knew he was going to attack Ukraine back then, likely positioned extremely long option calls or derivatives on energy futures via third parties (like Deutsche bank), after intentionally crashing prices.

If you think futures and derivative traders are required to publicly disclose positions like the regular market, wrong - I refer to the "commodity futures modernization act" created in 1999 which exempts futures and derivatives from regular public disclosure requirements.

The CFTC couldn't even reveal these records to the Pentagon when they investigated the '08 crash and the strange surge in oil to $140+/barrel that triggered the rout back then.

Then, Putin, this year with oil already high, invades Ukraine and takes profits @ $120 oil.

I firmly believe Putin is behind the Nordstream sabotage, It's obvious that Nat gas prices will soar this winter and likely he's positioned long in futures ahead of it.

Everything Putin does is for personal gain, he owns the Russian media and can distort public consensus, referring to any news that challenges him as "fake news" and have them arrested/imprisoned.

We came uncomfortably close to a similar governance ourselves recently.

Putin knows he won't win a war against us with his army, nor even with his Nukes, but....he could win it financially, by crushing Western economies via the allowed secrecy of the futures market and his ability to invoke events that drastically effect commodity/energy prices with massive long or short positions strategically placed ahead of time.

We can continue to waste time insulting each other's politics, while ignoring what he's doing, or, we can wake the F--- up and see what's really happening.

I leave with this -

"We have been forgetting the basic truth that the greatest threat to human freedom is the concentration of power, whether in the hands of government or anyone else"

"...Or anyone else"

Milton Friedman, founder of Libertarianism

Mark's photo
Thu 09/29/22 02:50 AM
Edited by Mark on Thu 09/29/22 02:52 AM

I visited Georgia about 20 years ago. Russians are not well thought of there; they often command their dogs in Russian ... if you ask why, they will tell you that "only a dog would speak Russian"! Georgian humour is very sharp.
My perception is this ... those fleeing across the border generally seem to be those who can afford to do so, possibly those with better jobs, although that is just a supposition on my part. But even if it is only partly true, it will lead to skilled jobs not being filled, which will worsen the Russian economy still further.
And as more and more people leave Russia, and are finally free of their propagandist news and are able to see the real situation in Ukraine, they will phone their friends back home in Russia, and slowly the truth will come out...
... snd when THAT happens, that is when Putin will need to start looking over his shoulder.
I will stick my neck out and say that Putin will have been overthrown within two years at the most.

Good points regarding professionals leaving and affecting Russia's economy.

Hopefully Georgia sees the same point, what Russia did was Putin, not it's citizens, not all of them.

I think one of Putin's biggest mistakes was assuming he could manipulate public consensus outside Russia the way he does it inside via the internet.

I glance at a few pro-Russian "news" sites, some of which claim to be American and have also served to rustle up divisions here in the U.S. and from what I can see these sites are weakening.

Russian sites have been caught posing as Americans making ludicrous claims against other American's to stir up divisions... and it's been scarefully effective.

I'm pretty sure Jan 6th, Qanon, Pizzagate and numerous others are sourced in Russian money, influencing online.

If you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 18 19