Community > Posts By > irartguy

irartguy's photo
Sun 08/17/08 08:55 PM

Voting for a third Bush term,eh?
No I just thought the whole idea was to get the oil. so far we got nothing.grumble

It's a demand issue, not a supply issue. The prices are up worldwide, wouldn't make sense if they weren't high here too. No amount of drilling will change that.

When you consider that much of EU is still paying as much as $6.00 a gallon, the US has got it good. In fact, the EU has been paying around $4.00 a gallon since the 80's -- they adapted. Why is it absurd for us to do the same?

irartguy's photo
Sat 08/16/08 12:00 AM
If he got out, he wouldn't get very far.

irartguy's photo
Fri 08/15/08 11:57 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/14/bigfoot.body/index.html

A policeman and a former corrections officer say that on Friday they will unveil evidence of what they claim is their biggest find ever: the body of Bigfoot.

All I can say is: The Loch Ness Monster's book was right.

It's not bigfoot!!!!

It's Jimmy Hoffa!!!

laugh laugh laugh

Hoffas' buried under a slap of concrete under a dilapidated barn in rural Kentucky. :smile:

I definitely think there's something to the Bigfoot stories -- but this latest stint is a sham. It's a Chewy costume stuffed in a foam cooler. The man is selling $500 hunting trips now...

irartguy's photo
Fri 08/08/08 02:01 PM
I've never thought what Kevorkian did was wrong; but I had thought he was released from prison because he was terminally or something. Maybe not.

I wonder what his campaign slogan would be...

irartguy's photo
Fri 08/08/08 01:55 PM

I have caught the odd news cast over the lead up to the opening of the 2008 Olympics held in Beijing this time...

and the ludicrous reporting blows my mind..

All this talk about carbon footprints...global warming/cooling...is there in front of our eyes...The massive consumption of natural resources... the insatiable appetite...the intense consumption of everything to sustain a GIANT population...is an obvious example of the f*ck ups of this incredibly short sighted species called humankind!

There is no such thing as BLUE sky in that part of the world...

It's like the elephant in the corner that no-one talks about!

Behind every reporter is a brown blur, with hardly any visiblitiy, whilst they waffle on about air quality!!

FFS!

Is everyone really that stupid???

And that goes without mentioning the incredible damage done to Tibetans, and the gagging put upon media...even the ridiculous media, is gagged.

And no-one does a f*cking thing!

Bizarre world...bizarre species!...Humans...the creators of death of this planet.ohwell frown

China is sort of going through it's "industrial revolution" (like we did in the '50's.) Back then we had the same sort of environmental issues, only now are we aware of hows it's messing with the planet, a little late.

China pretty much gets away with whatever they want though. They have so much influence over us and the rest of the world that no one is going to get them to crack down on human rights or the environment. They're financing our debt, so they kind of own us at the moment.

irartguy's photo
Fri 08/08/08 01:46 PM
The fate of South Ossetia could easily be handled diplomatically. If they want to be apart of Russia again, it would seem to me that they could do so peacefully. They're already governing themselves independently from Georgia, and there's only 70,000 of them. A show of hands should be more than enough to make things final. Russia has a right to defend it's peace keepers in the region, however I think Georgia's "offensive" has been highly over inflated -- and received a greater over-reaction from Russia. Both nations should be disciplined until they've worked things out in a more respectable manner.

irartguy's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:57 AM
The assertion that it's a war, is a bit generous. The occupation of Iraq is a war in the same sense that rape is surprise sex.ohwell

Just as I figured. This thread has been up an hour and not a single post. Just goes to show one that all the Obama supporters on this site are only interested in bashing Bush and losing the war in Iraq.

No generalizations are ever true. :wink:

irartguy's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:47 AM
Dennis 2013!

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 10:20 PM
Definitely the Mob, but I'm thinking they've got their share of cronies in uniform to complicate the situation. This on top of a bunch of social issues that have come up recently. From what I hear the streets of Milan and the less touristy cities are becoming quite filthy. A lot needs to happen in a short amount of time.

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 10:12 PM
The Pink Floyd album, a masterpiece.

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 10:09 PM
A classic for sure. Definitely one of my top 3.

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 09:41 PM
Safe is not exactly the feeling that comes over me when I see armed soldiers running around. But I guess were law enforcement not so corrupt over there, they might not need to dispatch the military. It seems the problems that plagued Sicily through 1950-1990 have resurfaced on the mainland. indifferent

Heres to the motherland straightening things out. drinker

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 09:32 PM
Time wounds all heels.

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 09:25 PM
Homeless people are cool. I can't say that I've ever been begged for anything. Some of them are quite fascinating people.

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 06:14 PM
Edited by irartguy on Wed 08/06/08 06:14 PM
Maybe some less-formal pics.

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 06:10 PM
:wink:

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 06:09 PM
5 years in either direction is my rule of thumb. Though 5 years in one direction for me is 14, and thats illegal. sick

irartguy's photo
Wed 08/06/08 06:06 PM
I wouldn't know where to start, everything about space just blows my mind. I can't wait until we're living on other moons and planets.

When I consider the vastness of the universe it blows my mind that people with finite minds can say there is no God.glasses

Right back at ya. :wink:

irartguy's photo
Tue 08/05/08 08:20 PM
Mario Kart 64

It's still awesome.

irartguy's photo
Thu 07/31/08 08:56 PM

He did have a few peculiar habits, I like him though -- overall.

I don't much care about who my politicians are boinking, as long as they do their jobs.

Not a very good political resume - I lied to my wife and kids.

I suppose.

I'm a bit surprised that I hadn't heard this story anywhere else though, I'd have thought it would be a big deal.

Previous 1 3 4