Community > Posts By > irartguy

irartguy's photo
Thu 07/31/08 08:53 PM
Oreilly is so off the wall that he's almost a non-entity. I watch his show for humor -- while I wait for Family Guy.

irartguy's photo
Thu 07/31/08 08:45 PM
He did have a few peculiar habits, I like him though -- overall.

I don't much care about who my politicians are boinking, as long as they do their jobs.

irartguy's photo
Thu 07/31/08 08:38 PM

Even people in North Korea have a firmer grasp of reality.

North Korea is actually somewhat of a black hole. The people there are not even allowed to leave -- the punishment for leaving is having your entire family imprisoned in a labor camp. The only media is locally produced, and the only commercial computer network in the country is government sponsored and controlled. The world wide web is strictly forbidden. The people worship Kim and his late father like Gods, and they have no means of communication with the world outside of North Korea. I don't see how the people of North Korea could even begin to grasp reality, not for lack of intelligence, but because they live under such a restrictive and fascist government.

irartguy's photo
Tue 07/29/08 03:40 PM
Edgar Poe, but I'd probably die from tuberculosis.

irartguy's photo
Mon 07/28/08 10:44 PM
House cat for sure. Sleep, eat, sleep some more...

irartguy's photo
Mon 07/28/08 06:26 PM
Prove it.

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/27/08 05:42 PM
I like my Verison cheap bastard phone...

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/27/08 04:06 PM
There's not really anything either of them can do -- the other will always find something to harp on.

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/27/08 04:03 PM
I find a lot of things peculiar about the occurrence, and those thereafter -- doesn't matter though.

The Gov't will tell you how it all went down, and that's how history will perceive it.

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/27/08 03:53 PM
Do good, be good, and enjoy.

irartguy's photo
Wed 07/23/08 09:39 PM
That I am. drinker

irartguy's photo
Wed 07/23/08 09:37 PM
Let Iraq decide.

irartguy's photo
Wed 07/23/08 09:35 PM
Headline: The cure for stupid is about 2.5 cups of bleach.

Survival of the fittest will take over from there.

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/20/08 10:25 PM

Terrorist actions like these, too numerous to mention, are how Israel carved a State out of Palestine.
To call Hamas a terrorist group without admitting that Israel is a terrorist state (a state created through terrorist activities) is not justifiable.

"Terrorist actions" is a fairly broad terminology. Under it's technical meaning -- most all nations are guilty of some form of terrorism or another. I don't think I can name a single nation that didn't gain independence out of war.

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/20/08 10:08 PM

Look up the Kecksburg Incident on the web.
I was 7 years old and lived in the Pittsburgh,PA area. I was throwing rocks at bats and watching them dodge them with their radar. Bats use radar to catch bugs in mid air. A big ball of fire crossed the sky in front of us.It was orange with a long trailing tail of fire. Next day they had it in the paper that thousands of people saw it in the sky that evening. It crashed in Kecksburg. It was an acorn shaped craft with hierogliphics all around the waist band of the acorn shape. The military showed up and covered it all up and hauled it away.

My parents grew up near Kecksburg too. They were too young to recall anything, but my grandmother has said that she definitely remembers the military presence.

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/20/08 10:04 PM
I've seen some pretty weird stuff too. Can't say that I've ever been abducted though, yet. Would be fun.

there once was this guy who came on a dating sight....claimed he seen aliens !!!!!

I always wonder why they only abduct the low-mid class people......hell if they can fly here on a ship why not go after a world leader......

Probably because they don't want anything to do with us. We're just an intergalactic pit-stop. Why they abduct and probe... a fetish maybe? indifferent

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/20/08 08:17 PM
Courtesy of Wikipedia

The phrase Law of Attraction, although used widely by esoteric writers, does not have a consensual definition. However, the general consensus among New Thought thinkers is that the Law of Attraction takes the principal "Like Attracts Like" and applies it to conscious desire. That is, a person's thoughts (conscious and unconscious), emotions, and beliefs cause a change in the physical world that attracts positive or negative experiences that correspond to the aforementioned thoughts, with or without the person taking action to attain such experiences. This process has been described as "harmonious vibrations of the law of attraction"[1], or "you get what you think about; your thoughts determine your experience".[2]

The phrase is closely associated with New Thought beliefs and practices, from which its most common definition arises, but it also has a long standing (and more complex development) in other esoteric fields such as Hermeticism and Theosophy. Recently, the New Thought version was popularized by the 2006 film The Secret.

The more materialistic interpretations of The Law of Attraction have been criticized. The scientific community cites the misuse of the scientific term law and the lack of any scientific evidence for the claims made by advocates for the Law of Attraction, and by some proponents within the New Thought Movement and spirituality in general.[1]

And here I was thinking magnets were involve.

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/20/08 08:12 PM
After I join Ireland's sovereignty movement, I'm sure they'll tack me on there too. What's the worst they can do? Take away my non-existent social security... **** 'em.

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/20/08 08:09 PM
Is it not a president's job to assess, and re-assess an issue and act appropriately? Perhaps Obama's change in attitude can be attributed to becoming better aware of where we are as far as progress in Iraq? I would be more worried if he implemented the all too familiar "stay the course" policy and steadfastly held to his opposition to the war despite knowing better of the situation at hand.

irartguy's photo
Sun 07/20/08 07:59 PM
Hamas was elected by the people of Palestine(in a landslide), so regardless of what they've done prior, they deserve recognition as a legitimate governing power -- they represent an awful lot of people. I don't like that they're in power either, they're fundamental religious nuts -- and don't contribute much to fostering peace in the region (though neither does Israel.) Because the previous government was so bad(Yassir Arafat), it would be hard to convince most Palestinians that Hamas is no good for them. Perhaps in time we'll see the group even out into a more west-friendly attitude. What ever they've done though seems to work, the people eat. Just needs more neutral leadership. I could definitely note worse governments.