Community > Posts By > MetalShadow6

no photo
Thu 04/25/13 11:39 AM

Working tables sure beats hell outa' sittin' on yer a$$ collecting welfare extensions, IMO.

I dont know what people are paid for waitressing in other places, I think I made something like 2 bucks per hour (thats 80 dollars full time), that doesnt cover the insurane/bus pass, child care, and gas to be able to GET to the job,, so Id say, its not as productive as spending that time looking for a decent wage somewhere else,,,personally,,,,

many people waiting tables are still not earning so much and still receive welfare

its not the norm for welfare recipients to be 'sitting on their a$$', most welfare programs require activities from those participants to be eligible,,,,,

but back on topic, 15 dollars an hour is a ridiculous wage for the type of position in question,,,,

The servers may get $2.00 an hour paid by the restaurant but most get their money from tips. I know a girl that work in the restaurant as a server and she was working up to the bar where you can make a lot of money on tips serving beer.

no photo
Thu 04/25/13 11:36 AM

Many restaurant workers are striking today, for higer wages. They would like to make at least 15 dollars an hour instead of the minimum
wage of 8.25. Over 30 businesses have lost employees, to this stike going on all over the City, included in this is McDonalds.
Reminds me about those ones working a McDonalds in NY wanting $15 wage and to unionize. In other words they want to do away with the dollar menu that help low income people. I lived off the dollar menu when I was in college.

Minimum wage is a “get your foot in the door” wage. Often most people either move up in wages along with job promotions or move to other jobs in different business. Most minimum wage jobs are for first jobs and low skilled.

Here is Stossel talking about first jobs.
http://youtu.be/nnn5CAV5uYQ

no photo
Thu 04/25/13 11:26 AM

Texas Republican House Representative Giovanni Capriglione's HB1938 and Texas Republican Senator Dan Patrick's SB1128 have introduced bills that will no longer allow Mexican American History, African American History, or Women's History to count towards History requirements for a Texas degree, the way they do now. This will effectively destroy Ethnic Studies Programs in Texas. Learn More
So no longer discriminating is a bad thing? What if I want to take man's history class, asian history class or art history? Why should only the three you name have special treatment? There should be a certain number of history class credits requirement but the student should have the right to take what they are interested.

and who says they can not?

There are probably some schools that require a person to take some course the student is not interested in. I like it when my college aloud students to use art history class in the place of the regular history classes. I was still required to take one normal history class and most of that were names and dates. Art History we covered cultures and events as well as people and dates, while have artwork to look at and know.

no photo
Wed 04/24/13 07:34 PM

Texas Republican House Representative Giovanni Capriglione's HB1938 and Texas Republican Senator Dan Patrick's SB1128 have introduced bills that will no longer allow Mexican American History, African American History, or Women's History to count towards History requirements for a Texas degree, the way they do now. This will effectively destroy Ethnic Studies Programs in Texas. Learn More
So no longer discriminating is a bad thing? What if I want to take man's history class, asian history class or art history? Why should only the three you name have special treatment? There should be a certain number of history class credits requirement but the student should have the right to take what they are interested.

no photo
Wed 04/24/13 10:01 AM
In California, they are trying to closed down the best performing schools and force those students to attend the failing public schools. It is all about the money. The failing public schools wants to get all those dollars even though the private charter school are teaching the children a fraction of what it cost the public. The complain that a person is making a profit at the private school instead of the public school greasing the pawns of their buddies.

New Reports
http://youtu.be/IpVVL3eEy-E
http://youtu.be/h-PGtqvtAas
http://youtu.be/5u2es5jHjDY

Video from the meetings
http://youtu.be/0DqcdpC53Wg
http://youtu.be/73lHh-rw3Bc

no photo
Tue 04/23/13 02:06 PM
Edited by MetalShadow6 on Tue 04/23/13 02:10 PM
Christ said himself in Matthew that He did not come to change or get rid the law.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Now Christ did not like the misuse of the law to kill a person and not another. In other words, picking and choosing what parts to fallow.

John 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4. They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6. This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Jesus did not participate in this because they were not keeping the law.

The law stated
Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

The scribes and Pharisees only brought the woman but the law also requires the man that was involved. Jesus is God (John 1:1, 1:14) and God does not change (Malachi 3:6)

Now there are a few mistranslation that get people confused.

Matthew 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

The word “kill” here is “phoneuo” in the Greek which means “murder”

no photo
Mon 04/22/13 10:01 AM
Still he is responsible for the death of others. Back to Texas Vs California.

Here is interesting about thing about some Californians. Some want repeal the second amendment to get the guns off the street, especially out of the hands of the law binding citizens but keeping them in the hands of the police, military and even criminals.
http://youtu.be/2diNojgJF9c

Now here is one thing better about California over Texas. Well, least in San Francisco airport. Private ownership is better then government.
http://youtu.be/bacR-f3DeyE

Here Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars says the Feds don’t want him doing business in California.
http://youtu.be/CMNz1sf40DU

A news report on Companies leaving California.
http://youtu.be/HRQRg3xhehs

Does anyone know where one can go to find out if this is true?
http://youtu.be/7reZSK9pPcc

no photo
Fri 04/19/13 12:03 PM
I was able to send an e-mail to two of my representatives in congress telling them to stop the bill. We have the 4th amendment for a reason.

no photo
Fri 04/19/13 11:40 AM

Lots of people get intense cravings for fast food, but one Georgia officer's alleged Big Mac attack might earn him some time behind bars -- and we don't mean these kind.

DeKalb County police Sgt. Scott Biumi is charged with felony aggravated assault after allegedly pulling a gun on a customer in the drive-thru line of an area McDonald's on April 9. Video of the incident -- captured by security cameras at the restaurant -- appears to show a man in a business suit draw a gun and point it at a driver at the head of the line.

The driver, 18-year-old Ryan Mash, told NBC affiliate WIZ-TV that he had no idea the man was a police officer. According to Mash, the man accused him of "holding up the line," then got out of his car and threatened him by sticking a gun to his neck.

"He's like, 'Well, you don't know who you're messing with ... there's some crazy people out there.' And that's when he pulled the gun on me, and kept on yelling at me for about thirty more seconds," Mash told the station.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the man identified as Biumi was driving a department-issued unmarked car and wearing a department gold star badge on his belt at the time of the incident.

"When he pulled his gun, his shirt moved up. I could see a badge," Drake Thomson, a witness, told CBS Atlanta.

Forsyth County police traced the tag numbers and vehicle description back to the DeKalb County Police Department, then to Biumi, who was identified by witnesses and arrested Wednesday.

Forsyth County Sheriff Duane K. Piper told the Forsyth News that the incident was "shocking" and "a severe break in judgment," since "the entire situation [apparently] evolved from [Biumi] being angry at the time it was taking for him to get his food.”

Biumi is a 20-year veteran of the DeKalb County Police Department. DeKalb County Police Chief Cedric Alexander told NBC Atlanta that Biumi has been placed under administrative leave with pay while the incident is investigated.

Biumi was released from jail on $22,000 bond on Apil 18. According to Cumming Patch, a court date has been set for May 23.

and these are the people the libs want to have guns...

video here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/scott-biumi-georgia-police-pulls-gun-mcdonalds_n_3111804.html

Again another officer high on his power. Thankful for camera to catch such people in power abusing their power. Still wonder what will happen to the officer; usually much is not done other then suspension.

As for the time it takes to get food, I find walking in can be faster then the drive through.

no photo
Thu 04/18/13 11:08 AM
Thatcher is the opposite of Obama in many ways, not only gender.

no photo
Thu 04/18/13 11:04 AM
The ACLU sent me something on it the while back. I had forgotten to write my congressmen about it and telling them that they need to vote against it. People privacy needs to be protected. After all, such information will be misused.

no photo
Wed 04/17/13 11:16 AM

Could have swore I heard the bombs were made from pressure cookers?

Officials found that the bombs in Boston consisted of explosives put in ordinary 1.6-gallon pressure cookers, one with shards of metal and ball bearings, the other with nails, according to a person close to the investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity because the probe was still going on. The bombs were stuffed into black duffel bags and left on the ground, the person said.

Read more:http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Investigators+seek+suspects+motive+Boston+bombings+that+killed/8247807/story.html

I heard the same. It would seem they wanted to make the cookers into shrapnel grenades, which do more damage then kill. Often shrapnel deal more long-term damage and not just the injuries to the people’s bodies. This attack will also drain resources not only the heighten police but also medical cost as well. Most likely we will see more rules and laws pass as well to try and to stop these events.
probably will see serious restrictions in reloading Supplies,especially Smokeless Powder!

And everyone seen with a cooker in the arms may be subject to an investigation. Which may be a problem here in the south considering how many carry theirs to church and other events for cooking meals.

no photo
Wed 04/17/13 11:13 AM

Rom White on the Death Penalty:

"..other states are trying to abolish the death penalty, my state's puttin in an express lane."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRmmIVnjqfQ

"Yes sir ree if you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back! That's our Policy. "

Make perfect sense. After all, why would want to keep someone like Charles Manson around for? The taxpayers have to support him with food, clothing, bath and a roof over his head while the family gets drag through the pain every time he comes up for parole again. If he was to ever get out, he may just go back and start killing again. Here in South Carolina we had our own verson call Pee Wee Gaskins, we put that monster to death.

no photo
Wed 04/17/13 11:01 AM

common sense says if there are more tools of violence there is more OPPORTUNITY for violence to occur,,,,,

The baseball bat has been a favorite tool of violence form many people, especially the mafia. So by your logic, the more baseball bats there are the more violence there will be.

no photo
Wed 04/17/13 10:32 AM

imho, looking over the thread, it seems the people siding with texas actually live in texas, while the people siding with california live in other states...

that would make sense, texans supporting texas that is,,,
I’m siding with Texas and I don’t live there. I like the idea of freedom, something that California is know to be taking away. I had started the same thread on another site and one person told me that his brother was given a ticket for smoking in a work place. The work place happens to be the cab of his own truck, however the sleeper compartment is consider a home and you can smoke there. Also I think there is like four cities in California that are bankrupt.

no photo
Wed 04/17/13 10:24 AM

african american is about ancestry, real african americans are proud enough to be from africa, why should they be upset about their cousins using the term 'african american'? they arent claiming to be african,, its a different term,,

Point back to this.
http://news.yahoo.com/blacks-insist-im-not-african-american-181257715.html

What are you? Where are you from? And how do you fit into this country?

"I prefer to be called black," said Shawn Smith, an accountant from Houston. "How I really feel is, I'm American."

"I don't like African-American. It denotes something else to me than who I am," said Smith, whose parents are from Mississippi and North Carolina. "I can't recall any of them telling me anything about Africa. They told me a whole lot about where they grew up in Macomb County and Shelby, N.C."

Gibré George, an entrepreneur from Miami, started a Facebook page called "Don't Call Me African-American" on a whim. It now has about 300 "likes."

"We respect our African heritage, but that term is not really us," George said. "We're several generations down the line. If anyone were to ship us back to Africa, we'd be like fish out of water."

"It just doesn't sit well with a younger generation of black people," continued George, who is 38. "Africa was a long time ago. Are we always going to be tethered to Africa? Spiritually I'm American. When the war starts, I'm fighting for America."

Joan Morgan, a writer born in Jamaica who moved to New York City as a girl, remembers the first time she publicly corrected someone about the term: at a book signing, when she was introduced as African-American and her family members in the front rows were appalled and hurt.

"That act of calling me African-American completely erased their history and the sacrifice and contributions it took to make me an author," said Morgan, a longtime U.S. citizen who calls herself Black-Caribbean American. (Some insist Black should be capitalized.)

If you talk about ancestry, some believe that all races came from Africa so should we all becalled Aficans.

http://youtu.be/48nlOiGFDgY

http://www.adversity.net/FRAMES/Editorials/54_Paler_Shade_of_Black.htm

So where did the 10,000+ shades of paler brown, beige, pink, white and what Crayola crayons used to call "flesh" come from? Archaeological data places the origin of genetically modern humans in sub-Saharan Africa approximately 140,000 years ago. Humans then began migrating out of Africa in successive waves, starting approximately 100,000 years or 5000 generations ago. Now that scientists have mapped the human genome, they are homing in on when each wave began their outward bound journey and where they migrated to. So far they have confirmed that everyone on the entire planet, even the 1.3 billion Chinese, have a common ancestor back in Africa.

that's the currant theory accepted now... they believe the dark skinned was the first to evolve, and turned lighter as the migrated to cooler climates... but that doesn't account for hair and facial changes...(Asians)
I do agree that all the races may have once lived in Africa but I do not think they were all the same skin color and tribe.

no photo
Wed 04/17/13 10:16 AM
I did see the tell end of that episode when they aired it.

no photo
Wed 04/17/13 10:14 AM

Could have swore I heard the bombs were made from pressure cookers?

Officials found that the bombs in Boston consisted of explosives put in ordinary 1.6-gallon pressure cookers, one with shards of metal and ball bearings, the other with nails, according to a person close to the investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity because the probe was still going on. The bombs were stuffed into black duffel bags and left on the ground, the person said.

Read more:http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Investigators+seek+suspects+motive+Boston+bombings+that+killed/8247807/story.html

I heard the same. It would seem they wanted to make the cookers into shrapnel grenades, which do more damage then kill. Often shrapnel deal more long-term damage and not just the injuries to the people’s bodies. This attack will also drain resources not only the heighten police but also medical cost as well. Most likely we will see more rules and laws pass as well to try and to stop these events.

no photo
Wed 04/17/13 10:10 AM

A lot of people go to the tops of building to see events in the street.

I would think roof tops would be off limits, too easy to shoot from atop a roof and can get too many rounds off before security or police can get to you. That's just one reason of many for roof tops to be closed.

I don’t know how much they could make rooftops off limits; after all it is private property. Besides, you can see events better from the roof. I watched a local parade one time from the top of my dad’s store.

no photo
Wed 04/17/13 10:08 AM

As I was watching the News Coverage of the Boston Marathon Bombing, it was sickening as it was Wall to Wall Endless, Mindless, Talk; Even the Interviews of People who weren't there soaking up their 15 Minutes of Fame.

Won't go into which Network(s) I watched as they were all Equally Guilty of Pushing aside Important Stories for Mindless Drabble that far too often was down right Wrong and/or Meaningless.

How it should have been handled is with Regular Updates as they went ahead with the Other Important Stories; say four Updates an Hour (or Fewer) rather talking to the Third Cousin of the Step-Mother of Someone who might of been within a mile of the blast.

Suspect in Custody, no one in Custody; Suspect's Home being searched, just on and on with mindless meaningless drabble that amounted to Nothing; But the Rating were High, that's what matters; Right?

I avoid the news during crisis. All they do is repeat things and people act out of emotion and can cause more problems. This is one reason I like to watch John Stossel cause his shows are normally not about the gossip of the day.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25