Community > Posts By > MetalShadow6

no photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:51 AM
Pens

no photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:46 AM

Before taking her to the hospital, Sheldon is helping an injured Penny get dressed with his eyes closed.

Penny: Is... that my arm?

Sheldon: It doesn't feel like an arm.

Penny: Then maybe you should let it go.

I remember that ep. That was the one the Sheldon saw the tattoo on Penny. Last night they aired the ep where Leonard finds out that Sheldon saw Penny naked.

Sheldon: why do you have the Chinese symbol for rice on your butt?...

It's soup not rice lol

Perfect example of why you need to know another language before you get it tattooed on you. I was at one place that took the Japanese Kana and assigned a letter to the characters. They did it so you can write words or names in the Kana but there is a problem. Each Kana has a different vowel sound.

Example
カKa
キKi
クKu
ケKe
コKo

Not only that but some character can have two different sounds.

ラRa\La
リRi\Li
ルRu\Lu
レRe\Le
ロRo\Lo

There chart may have this (か C あ A た T) but when written together (かあた) it means (I was there) in Japanese even though you were trying to say cat.

no photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:34 AM
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan

no photo
Wed 04/10/13 08:32 AM
I did hear yesterday that some schools have been taken to court over some of their dress code rules and the courts have for the most part, ruled in favor of the students. If the mother of the boy that has the Mohawk finds a case where a higher court ruled in favor of the student, she could present that to the school and the school will have to comply or risk getting into legal trouble.

I did a quick Google search and here is what I found.

In 1970, in the case of Richards v. Thurston, the First Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in favor of a 17-year-old student in Marlborough, Massachusetts, who was suspended for violating a school rule against "unusually long hair" on men. The court ruled that his hair was protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment which "establishes a sphere of personal liberty for every individual" as long as the exercise of that liberty does not interfere with the rights of others.

In 1995 a Massachusetts Superior Court invoked Richards v. Thurston to uphold the right of a student at a vocational technical high school to wear his hair as he chose. It struck down the school's "good grooming provision," which barred hair from measuring
more than two and one-half inches below the ear.

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 12:22 PM

Before taking her to the hospital, Sheldon is helping an injured Penny get dressed with his eyes closed.

Penny: Is... that my arm?

Sheldon: It doesn't feel like an arm.

Penny: Then maybe you should let it go.

I remember that ep. That was the one the Sheldon saw the tattoo on Penny. Last night they aired the ep where Leonard finds out that Sheldon saw Penny naked.

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 12:18 PM
Are we going to go back to getting married at 14-16 years of age like Louis XVI & Marie Antoinette?

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 12:11 PM

"Shhh! Be very quiet.
I'm hunting PETA drones."

Least you will not have to buy clay pigeons.

But still I would think the drones would violate some type of spying and privacy issue. I know in one city it is illegal to look through binoculars in the direction of a person’s house. Some of the places hunter hunts are on private lands outside the view of the public. There is one hunting farm that is fenced in near I-95. I even went wit a friend to hunt deer and you had to go over a privately own field into the woods.

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 12:05 PM

So yeah I'd keep the church and religious stuff for the adults and those who can grasp it, let the kids be kids for a while is how I see it. They can decide on what path they choose when they are old enough.

Parents have every right to teach their kids about what is moral and what isn't, even if the standard of morality embraced by parents is expressed in religious teachings.

I tend to disagree, I don't think a parent has the right to mold a child's mind one way or the other in the religious sense or even some others, but moreso in that way.

I think it's borderline child abuse to some degree actually, and I know that is controversial to say but I just don't think a child should be subjected to religious brainwashing by a parent like that.

You can teach them morals WITHOUT teaching them absolutes in terms of how to think or what to believe. They should be allowed to decide that on their own when they are capable of doing so.

Problem to many of the parents are not teaching their kids morals when they are young and when they become a teen, the parent cannot control them. As my mom says, you have to start while they are in the crib.

thats one problem, people think morals arent absolute

but yes, if its wrong, its wrong,, and if its right its right,, it is not abusive to counter all the 'subjective right and wrong' crap being fed to kids through entitlement and unrealistic expecations for them to make decisions at points in their life where their DEVELOPMENT does not enable them to do so (Thats why kids have parents and arent just hatched and left to 'find their path')

so, Im glad I was 'abused' by parents who cared enough to instill the morals they did in me via example and church, as opposed to just letting my childlike brain and the world do it for me,,,,,

They say spanking the children does not work, it was the only thing that worked on me, but then I had parents that love me and spent time with me playing. Now different children react differently to punishment and reward. Restriction and times outs never worked because I have an active imagination and could daydream. So often I did the rain dance around mom. :tongue:

Now about little over 10 years ago, I had a friend that came from an abusive type home with two younger siblings. When I would play with them and they started to hit and misbehave, I would tell them I would stop playing with them if they don’t stop and they would stop.

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 10:47 AM

How do you find world in the coming 21st century?
Don’t know, we still have not left the dark ages. There is still so much we don’t know. There are people that still believe what ever they are told by their leaders. They lack reason and the ability to think for oneself. Sure we got better technology but humans have not changed one bit.

in some parts of the world there is certainly still the dark ages, but it is something here in the states we need to pay less attention to and start fixing things up here at home, jmho

The USA is still in the dark ages. How many times have they change the food chart on what we should be eating and how much? How many times are we going to keep doing the same thing expecting different results? How many of these protest have people there wanting a change but either cannot state what they want or some body with an air horn to keep a person with a different view from being heard? How many times do politician win base on what ideal utopia they appear for and not real facts or truth?

True technology has gotten better, food and travel as well but most people today are not much different then the mind set of 17-century Europe.

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 10:37 AM
If PeTA has their way, the lion would not be aloud to hunt the water buffalo. I understand protecting animals from abuse and the humane society does a great job, but PeTA seems to be against nature itself saying omnivores like humans should not eat meat or even fallow the basic instinct to hunt. They want cruelty to animals, should have seen what the common house cat does. I’ve watched my cats break the lower backs of a rodent and plays with it while it tries to run off with only two working legs.

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 10:31 AM

Superintendent says that the haircut did not meet the schools dress code

parents know before they send them, they sign tha papers, if they dont like it they should find a different educational route,,,,
Most don’t read that rulebook. Some sign and some don’t. I know in high school I stop signing those papers.

its a mohawk,,, school is for learning not for fashion statements,,,,

if its in the papers and the policies,, there is the choice to find another educational path

For many they don’t have another choice to get an education. Private schools cost more then some can afford. The Public School Monopoly/Bureaucracy are fighting to keep school choice out. The government is trying to stop the home schooling or the unschooling program. California Public School Bureaucracy aka “The Blob” wants to shut down the best schools in there states because they are privately own charter schools for the public and make the students go to the public schools so The Blob can get all that governmental money.

Now there has been argument does the first amendment apply to students. My dad grew up in the 60s where they believe in freedom of expression, students coming to school with different hairstyles and clothing. His school did march outside and sat down on the front lawn in protest of the events at that time. Do students have rights? After all the Constitution is a set of rules on what government can’t do, should it not also apply to government run schools? After all, I grew my hair long my senior year and even had a ponytail.

Still I say the 5-year-old should have been let off with a warning. But then I had a classmate back in high school that would wear trash bags over his clothes at school; tinfoil in his hair and clothes pins on his face. We didn’t pay him much attention and he was doing it for attention.

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 07:05 AM
Dick Tracy

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 07:04 AM
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/kindergarten-boy-suspended-for-his--distracting--mohawk-182303876.html

Superintendent says that the haircut did not meet the schools dress code and was causing a problem. So sure the other kids in the class wanted to feel the boy’s Mohawk, but that would only last for a day maybe two. Still suspending the 5-year old is going overboard in my book. At that age the parent still has a say in the kids life. Should have brought the parents in and explain that the haircut was distracting some of the students and let the boy off with a warning. Especially if it is the boy’s first time doing this.

Still I don’t see what is wrong with the hair cut. I do believe in freedom of expression and I understand they school wanting to maintain order. Still going overboard with a 5-year-old is not the answer. After all, it is not like the boy is going to school each day with a different hairstyle or color.

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 06:49 AM

How do you find world in the coming 21st century?
Don’t know, we still have not left the dark ages. There is still so much we don’t know. There are people that still believe what ever they are told by their leaders. They lack reason and the ability to think for oneself. Sure we got better technology but humans have not changed one bit.

no photo
Tue 04/09/13 06:45 AM

So yeah I'd keep the church and religious stuff for the adults and those who can grasp it, let the kids be kids for a while is how I see it. They can decide on what path they choose when they are old enough.

Parents have every right to teach their kids about what is moral and what isn't, even if the standard of morality embraced by parents is expressed in religious teachings.

I tend to disagree, I don't think a parent has the right to mold a child's mind one way or the other in the religious sense or even some others, but moreso in that way.

I think it's borderline child abuse to some degree actually, and I know that is controversial to say but I just don't think a child should be subjected to religious brainwashing by a parent like that.

You can teach them morals WITHOUT teaching them absolutes in terms of how to think or what to believe. They should be allowed to decide that on their own when they are capable of doing so.

Problem to many of the parents are not teaching their kids morals when they are young and when they become a teen, the parent cannot control them. As my mom says, you have to start while they are in the crib.

no photo
Mon 04/08/13 02:35 PM
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

no photo
Mon 04/08/13 02:32 PM

No fence.
To keep them there, put an exploding band around their necks. They step outside the marked boundary, it blows their heads off.
Anyone unauthorized caught entering, give 'em 10 years.

I hear one of the prison or jails in Arizona does not have a fence, although it is located in the middle of the desert. Now some of the lower levels ones don’t have a fence either.

We got to keep in mind that there are different types of prisons with different security levels depending on the crime.

no photo
Mon 04/08/13 02:29 PM

I agree, there should be a chance for many to be reformed but some in our society refuse to believe a person can be reformed and only want to keep them locked away from the rest of the world. There are a few people that most likely cannot be reformed but I see that as no reason to give the vast majority a change to prove they can be a better person.
that's why some Prisoners get paroled,actually quite a few!

well, they cant house everyone thats breaking laws,,,

I agree, there should be a chance for many to be reformed but some in our society refuse to believe a person can be reformed and only want to keep them locked away from the rest of the world. There are a few people that most likely cannot be reformed but I see that as no reason to give the vast majority a change to prove they can be a better person.

the prison system is mostly privatized now, most all inmates are a dollar figure to the prison... so why would they care about inmates being reformed?

point made,,,much to suspect in the private prison industry,,,

Prison and jails do get over crowed. I have seen in the local jail they put up to five people in a room with only two beds. They normally do that on the nights they make many arrest at the traffic check point. Still it is not uncommon to find some rooms with three people, one sleeping on the concert floor and two on metal beds.

Still even the public ones do this because of the money they get for each inmate they have. However I have read that some of the private prisons have had better results keeping violence down within their walls. Still, many public prisons have no real desire to reform because they want that government check for taking care of the inmates. The more inmates they have, the more money they get.

The plus side to the private prison is they may have more freedom to do reform work then the public. Anything that is government run does take forever to get any real effective change done and often coast a ton of dollars to just keep the status quo.

Take the schools in California; the public schools want to close down the privately own charter school so the students would be force to enroll the public so the public schools can get those dollars. Right now the private charter schools they want to close down has some of the highest grades and many of the children where the at risk ones. Plus these private charter schools did this for a fraction of what it cost the public.

I would like to see a study on the privately own prison and how well they do compared to the public. Although from a news report last week, I think most do better then New Orleans’ prisons. They have video from inside showing inmates doing drugs and even having handguns.

no photo
Mon 04/08/13 09:29 AM
Do you smell smoke?

no photo
Mon 04/08/13 09:24 AM

Are there any...ANY ..syfy channel watchers on here?

Being Human.. Lost Girl...Haven.... anyone?

I try to watch Being Human, when I remember to.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25