Community > Posts By > MetalShadow6

no photo
Sat 03/09/13 07:14 AM

One guy told me has purposely brought up religion and politics cause the girl will drop any act and show her true self. It maybe a good thing to bring it up early on in a relationship since faith and political beliefs play big roles in people lives. Having different beliefs can create problems if not address. That is my two cents and some of you may say that is all I have. :tongue:
It can be a "shocker" when things come-up at a later date and a big "bubble burster."...Of course some people may not have strong opinions or beliefs that dominate their lives so it wouldn't matter so much...I wouldn't do well with a man who expected me to play-out the traditional female role in a relationship so this is a "biggie" for me...I don't want to give any "false impressions." (Of any kind!)...But I don't want to come on like "gangbusters" either and insist that all the "cards" be put out on the "table" on a first date....This is why I don't date!.. I'd rather just be friends with a man first with no pressure about anything!

One thing that makes it nice about these dating sites is that people can put many of the things that are important out front and the threads allow for discussion of different views. Plus some site like OKCupid and help match people up based on their questioner. Although none of this is a guaranty that you will be perfect for each other.

I love the word traditional because it really depends on what point of reference you go to. After all what are the traditional rolls? In most places, it is the man and woman sharing the work load and raise a family. It varies from culture to culture.

Being a Biblical Christian and not a Religious Christian my traditional views are different. I’ve seen women through out the Bible hold many roles like teachers, pastors, prophet, generals, business owners and I believe there is even one that was a dean of a college. Even in my house, my dad has helped with the choirs and cooking. Mom has helped with the yard upkeep. Both of them have work, though now my mom has retired. As you can see my traditional views are different from others.

no photo
Sat 03/09/13 06:57 AM

I am an aethist so religion wouldn't be my topic of choice. As for politics; unless I can affect some type of radical change; I would rather not get myself upset over things I simply can't change.

One reason I like to talk about religion because you can get into culture. Did my report on Shinto in East Asian Art Class. Study a little bit of Greek Mythology in High school. Even picked up a few books that give a bit of a summary to the different religions.I find different cultures interesting and many are centered around a certain set of beliefs. After all, the root word of culture is cult, which is original means a set of beliefs.

I like talking politic because different view can be express. I’m not looking for radical change because something extreme has to happen like a disaster. Like done in New Orleans with Katrina. They need stuff back up so they had to turn to new things like Charter Schools to get kids back in school. Other things take time so sharing ideas works more like planting a seed and waiting for the tree to grow.

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 07:07 PM
Why are you in my attic?

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 07:04 PM
Where did you get that? noway

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 07:02 PM
Magandang umaga, well it is really night right now. I make sure I turn the data off on my phone. I have a limited amount to use. I'm normally on here using a computer at work.

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 06:01 PM
Had five at one time, now down to one. RIP to my other four cats.

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 05:58 PM
Hulk

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 05:57 PM
Is this it? *Holds up a piece of paper*

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:57 PM
I remember a story where a man was openly carrying a gun in a city in Pennsylvania and was arrested. When they took him to the station, he asks the chief to look up a law. The law said he could openly carry a gun in that city. They released him but the chief said the next day that they will arrest anyone openly carrying a gun.

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:49 PM
Would you believe me if I said yes?

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:48 PM
Dire Straits

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:47 PM

I wouldn't mind discussing politics on a first date as long as things didn't get "heated." I wouldn't mind hearing about someone's spiritual beliefs and their philosophy of life etc....Of course I'm a nerd!...Early-on I think my husband and I discussed the effects of "sprawl." And US "isolation" versus the push for globalization...He explained why he crossed-over and voted for candidates outside his normal political party...We talked about immigration and "you name it!" And all of our discussions were respectful and "friendly." We "compared notes" and gained new insights from each other all through the years...I dread going on dates again. (Unless I meet a man who enjoys discussing a wide variety of topics.)
Nerds rule to begin with. We Geeks fallow close behind. :tongue:

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:46 PM

One guy told me has purposely brought up religion and politics cause the girl will drop any act and show her true self. It maybe a good thing to bring it up early on in a relationship since faith and political beliefs play big roles in people lives. Having different beliefs can create problems if not address. That is my two cents and some of you may say that is all I have. :tongue:

That is interesting. If a guy brought that up with me; I would tell him to talk about something else as I don't care for either topic.

Exactly..first they are very boring subjects..second, it can really get people heated

So true. I find both topics boring too.
For me it is the opposite. I like to talk about both.

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 12:49 PM
Edited by MetalShadow6 on Fri 03/08/13 12:50 PM
A lady down the street from me was home along and used a gun to stop someone from breaking in her house while she was home. She held him at gunpoint in the ground till the police arrived.

I remember seeing a rape victim, Amanda Collins, said a gun would have protected her from being rape before the legislative branch of Colorado.

Democratic state Sen. Evie Hudak states that stats said the gun would not have help but “You said that you were a martial arts student, I mean person, experienced in Tae Kwon Do, and yet because this individual was so large, was able to overcome you even with your skills, and chances are that if you had had a gun, then he would have been able to get that from you and possibly use it against you,”

Hudak claimed that for every one woman who used a handgun to kill someone in self-defense, 83 were murdered by them.
“Respectfully senator, you weren’t there,” Collins said before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday. “Had I been carrying concealed, he wouldn’t have known I had my weapon; and I was there. I know without a doubt in my mind at some point I would’ve been able to stop my attack by using my firearm.”

Last I check, most martial arts require you to get close to a person. A gun is just as useful at 2 feet or 20 feet. Knowing hand to hand combat is good. However many of it is not too helpful unless to stay in practice everyday with a sparring partner. Guns are still the best equalizer when facing people more powerful then you.

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 12:37 PM
Aldo Nova

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 12:37 PM
Would you believe that it was one big baby?

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 09:42 AM

in Texas, horse thieving is still a hangable offense...

If you ask people who own horses, which may not be a bad thing. People do love their horses.

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 09:40 AM
Yes

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 09:39 AM
Do you find tan lines on a girl sexy?

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 09:33 AM
Yea, candy. happy
*Eats candy and starts running around the room and up the walls.*
:tongue:

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next