Community > Posts By > Rathil_Thads

Rathil_Thads's photo
Mon 06/16/08 08:26 AM
Ummm depends on what you are looking for really. I have considered myself pagan since I was 14. Although I am currently going through another sort of soul searching path in my life where I am just looking for answers and what not. So for the time being and for the purposes on this site I am declaring myself and Agnostic but I know a great deal about the pagan religion and it may turn out that I fall back into that religion by the time my searching is over. So if you are looking for pagans to talk to go ahead and shoot me a message. I am always open for a good religious conversation.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:23 PM
Not too bad, Have just been trying to keep busy.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:19 PM

Once released from prison, should be mandated to post a sign in their yard or on their door letting everyone know a sex offender lives there.

Just like Ron White said..."Because I no longer care about your rights"

Bull f'in ****.
As far as I am concerned their legal rights and libirties are already being denied as it is. By the letter of the law, when someone is sent to prison, they are sent for rehabilitation purposes as well. And when they are released they are deemed to have served their punishment and are thus rehabilitated.
A person that shopl;ifts and is sentenced to jail, does their time and then is released anddoes nt have to register or anything. Because they are considered rehabilitated. So to force anyone else who has been released from prison, no matter what their offense is, to register with the public or whatever, is absolute bull****. It is already a matter of public record that they were arrested, charged and sentenced. To follow them the rest of their lives is tatamount to harrasment and prejudice.

Now, don't get me wrong. I agree with registration, just not public availability to that list. Police, school, churches etc, anywhere kids are at should have access for background screening purposes. Police, in case something happens in the area the person is living, can immediately check them out and either arrest or cross them out as the case may be.

Thank you Daniel, I am glad at least some people on this site still have some common sense and decency to them.

Some people are just so ready to cast stones and condemn people. Ready to take away peoples rights, Just wait until the day that the government wants to take away your rights for something you did, or worse something that had nothing to do with you in the first place. See how much you are all yelling to strip people of their rights then.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:12 PM

nothing to try to kill me tonight?

Wun't be doin' no good here. Dere be plenty o time fer that later if ye be wantin' ta tussle.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:08 PM
*Tihalan just stares back at the vampire and shrugs*

*Rathil smiles a bit*

Glad to hear things went well.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:04 PM
*Rathil enters the inn with Tihalan bouncing around behind him. Rathil is laughing a bit as Tihalan is recounting a story of his youth as they enter the bar.*

Good evening everyone, *Rathil says*

*Tihalan runs up to the bar and gets himself some meade and takes a seat near Rathil*

Hey dere, Draven! How be ye tranin'?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sun 06/15/08 07:34 AM

do you know your IQ??? mine said 118...which is above averagehappy I is smart

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sun 06/15/08 07:24 AM

Yes well some on these boards are so negative & insulting when people express their faith in God His word. That's to be expected. I have a little card that I carry to lead people to the slavation prayer.

Not that I don't love them but many really are seeking the love that only God can give them. Everything else is just controversy.

I like to believe that I approach spirituality and religion from the position of an adult. Although I am imperfect in my spiritual enlightenment I try to embrace this while rejecting or trying to improve the less enlightened parts of my behavior or belief.

When I made my choice it was a matter of accepting responsibility for myself. I have responsibility for my actions without blaming any higher power, or without giving anyone my burdens. My point here has been that telling someone they must follow your version of "God" or "Christ" or be called enemy or reminded that they will fry in your view of "Hell" is a psychological attack, and implies by it's nature that you are demanding that others follow your god or jesus that you OWN in your mind because you believe that only your thoughts about them are correct.

I personally believe that this turns more people away from this narrow view of "God" and Jesus Christ as you know him by showing a hateful seperatist side of personal belief.

From what I understand I have good company in my opinion that although we respect the right of others to believe differently we believe that this negative boundary or attempt to "enslave" the souls of others with your personal view of god as Sinful and possesive.

Once when some local women were going from door to door to share the love of Christ with people when they knocked on my door they asked if they could discuss Christ and God with me.

The couple consisted of an older woman and a younger woman. I told them I was non-christian and that I only asked that they respected my right to have beliefs, and my difference of opinion about those beliefs from theirs without being preached to from their perspective. (This is paraphrased without remembering exact words.) The younger woman seemed confused, whereas the older woman nodded and smiled. This nod and smile to me is the indication of one who understands and respects the true path of enlightenment. That is without having to understand respecting the spiritual beliefs of others and loving one's fellow human beings because we are all brothers and sisters.

I believe the spreading of religion and the sharing of one's joyful enlightenment is meant only for those that need it. This would be those that lack any path of spirituality or joy of feeling a spark of enlightenment. All true spiritual paths can be a blessed or horrible thing depending on their application and the way they are approached or used. I personally believe the key in religious acceptance and enlightment is accepting that we are all the same in the eyes of any higher being and it is our treatment of others rather than our proffessed opinion or wish that others accept our views.

Quickstepper I would like to know if you know what the Pharisees were? Do you know what Jesus is said to have said about them in Matthew 23? What do you think all of this means, and how would it be applied to the modern world of Christians?

I know exactly what you are saying .... and for the most part...we Christians do that. I prefer to encourage people with the love of God by sharing with them what He has done for me.

My attitude was that I didn't want to be scared into God. I wanted love from God but didn't RECIEVE it because I didn't think I DESERVED it. No Christian ever made me feel that way...it was my own life experience that conditioned me that way.

I am finally seeing God for who He truly is & not what my life experience limited me to. Until now I loved God for who He is & what He can do...but I was still afraid of trusting Him. Now I am stepping out & giving Him Lordship over my life... it's in surrender that we find true peace that guards our very heart & mind thru Christ Jesus.

I went to the conference & experienced God's glory cloud pass by & envelop me & heal me. I know sickness left my body because I wanted to recieve everything I could (& much more too). Nothing happened the way I imagined it would, that's why I KNOW it was God who was doing the doing.

People feel rejected by God when nothing happens for them. I do understand that. I was dry in faith for so very long, but an amazing thing happens when God says...My child...I didn't forget you. Your time has come. I am going to raise you up now to fulfill your purpose. It's awesome. I feel like this is the first day of the rest of my life.

As far as devil worship... anything not from God is just that but I want people to experience what I have been experiencing. God is not only with us but His Life LIVES IN US TOO!!!!!

It's light & life for the very heart & soul of man. anything less than God Jehovah...the Lord our God the Lord is One...is shortchanging yourself...that's all I'm saying.

Blackbird...now is the time for ALL mankind to repent....for the kingdom of God is here...with us ...right now...Let it be done on earth as it is in heaven...... It's time for humanity to RECEIVE from the glory of God.

The Lover of their soul. As I am drawing closer to God I feel such an urgency like never before to tell people...Now! Do it now...repent so you can enter into His glory & LIVE!

So what is it that I, or any other non christian on this site need to repent for? I am just going to speak for me now because I don't really know anyone on this site personally and don't want to misrepresent. Although I know I am a good person. I get up each day, I go to work, I do my job, I pay my bills, and I help people who I see in need, even above myself sometimes.

I live my life the way I want too and I have no regrets in regards to doing horrible things because I don't do them. I do my best not to lie to anyone even though I know the truth will hurt them much more. I feel that I owe them enough respect to be open and honest with them. I live a good, happy, and FREE life. So tell me? What must I repent for?

If they only thing that I need to repent for is not beleiving in a god that would condemn a good person to hell for all eternity for not believing in him in the first place. I will gladly take the fire and brimstone over an eternity in heaven with a hypocrite. Scare tactics are not an appropriate way to try to "save" someone. Especially when most of the people don't need to be "saved" in the first place.

Some of the greatest people I know do not follow the Christian path and if I had the choice of spending an eternity in hell with good, honest, and people who chose to be free, than to lie to myself and to others around me to spend eternity in heaven with a bunch of people who gave up their lives to a vindictive master, because if that is what really happens then god really is nothing more than a vindictive hyprocrite and I want nothing to do with him anyway.

I have nothing to repent for.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 06/14/08 09:50 AM

Jesus was someone from God telling us the way to get closer to God and said admitting we're seperated sinners and opening your heart and your life and having a relationship with Him was the way.

Sometimes a stone the builders reject can be the most important stone of all.

What good does it do to try to spread acceptance of Jesus when psych threat tactics oppose his teachings of love?

Uh...many people who think self control is admirable don't mind the boundries God sets. If you think there's something wrong with that well maybe there is really something wrong with you.

Yu think? :wink:

See the problem with that is that everyone goes about saying that God gives you free will so that you can do and choose what you want in life. Although if that is the case why is he setting boundaries in the first place?

And in the second place, the "boundaries" that are set aren't even really this issue. It's the overlaying threat that if you cross my boundaries you will burn in hell for eternity so it's the you better be good for goodness sake nonsense.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/13/08 05:12 PM

Are you not a winner if you find a religion that fulfills you and brings you closer to enlightenmeant? I think the true winner is the one that finds a religion/spiritual path that works for them. So everyone is a winner, there is no good one religion, that kind of thought pattern is pathatic to say the least.

Sorry perhaps I was unclear. That's the point I was trying to make that declaring yourself the winner because of the religious affiliations you chose was ridiculous. Trying to make the point that you need to do what makes you happy and just because one religion is right for someone doesn't mean it's right for everyone else.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/13/08 02:35 PM

Eljay wrote:

This thread has nothing to do with people who don't believe the bible. Read Funches post again. For that matter - read mine again, I qualified my response so I wouldn't have to deal with your strawman arguments.

That's silly.

The whole idea behind Christianity is that the Bible is the correct description of God. It doesn't even make and sense to talk about things such as heaven or hell outside of the biblical context.

Eljay wrote:

God is in Heaven. For those who do not wish to enter there - God does not admit them. Period. He doesn't "send them anywhere". You have made this assumption. Had you read the book, you'd know otherwise.

Again, you say, "Had you read the book!".

It's all about what the bible says. You believe in a book. Not in a God. You claim that the book is the word of God. You worship a book!

And they you try to claim that it's not about the Bible. You want to have your cake and eat it too.

Spider wrote:

Musha rain dum-a-doo dum-a-da

Well that makes a lot more sense that what you posted before you edited your post. laugh

You and Eljay are both trying to pull the same stunt.

I tell you guys what the bible says, and then you guys try to say, "But God isn't like that!"

But the Bible is what you people claim to believe in.

You can't say that God doesn't threaten people who don't believe in him because the Bible most certainly does this. Whatever the Bible says is what the biblical God says, because the whole idea behind it. It's supposed to be the word of God.

You can't say, "But God isn't like that!". If say that all you are saying is that you don't believe that the Bible correctly portrays what God is like (i.e. you renounce the very idea that the Bible is the word of God).

Oxymoron. As always!

For Christians the Bible has to be the word of God. Therefore whatever the Bible says that God is like then that's what God must be like. The Bible clearly threatens non-believers that bad things will happen to them.

The Christian God clearly threatens non-believers with violence, and clearly uses tactics of intimidation and fear to try to get people to love him. This must be the case because Christians are claiming that the Bible is the WORD of God.

Therefore the Christian God threatens to reject people, and intimidates with fear tactics because this is what the Bible does, and Christians claim that the Bible is the words of God.

There's no way out. Christians have no choice but to confess that their God (the Bible) uses methods of intimidation, fear, and threatens to reject people if they don't believe him. Because the Bible tells us so!

You guys are hopeless. You'll defend that the book is the word of God until you're blue in the face, whilst simultaneously trying to claim that God isn't like what the Bible says. laugh

It's utterly ridiculous. The biblical doctrine trips over its own proclamations and falls flat on its face in the mud. And you guys stand there trying to defend it.

For what reason? You've either fallen for the intimidation and you are afraid to renounce it. Or you're lusting for the gift of eternal life it offers and you don't want to miss out on the chance in case it might somehow be miraculously true.

Good luck. flowerforyou

this might be an interesting expieriment abra- if they really feel and believe their book is not necessary to exist and all that is necessary is to believe and have faith, then have them destroy all the unnecessary books - since they are not what they put their faith in - and live "strictly on "faith" and do not share their faith unless asked, do not indoctrinate thier children with thier stories, and eventually see if the world would continue to have "faith without the "book" after all - there was no book "in the beginning" correct? there was only the voice and mind of god correct? so it really should not be necessary for them to continue to "need" the book any longer? after all - if god is god - could he not just show himself and speak as he first did? I personally dont believe christianity or any monotheiastic religion would survive without their "book's"

WOOT!! I'm Down with that!!

*Grabs his torch*

Who's first?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/13/08 01:57 PM

If you flip out, do you flip your wiccan?

Best not to mess with witches, witchcraft and the spiritual world, though. As John 1:9 says, to those who receive him (Jesus), he gives the power to become children of God and elsewhere it says that those who accept the lord become joint heirs with Christ. That's better than any old Wiccan stuff I've ever heard of and more powerful. Why not have the power of the creator of the universe living within you? A pretty unbeatable deal.

And if you look at the end of the book of Revelations, you find out that God wins out in the end, anyway, so why not go with a winner whilst you have the time and the opportunity.

Well luckily then Wiccans don't live their lives in the shadow of what kind of reward they are going to receive or how much power they can obtain. Most Wiccans believe in reincarnation and the continuation of the spirit.

And go with a winner while you still have the time and oppurtunity? As far as I am concerned Faith and religion is not some sports contest. There are no winners and losers and I don't think anyone should look at it that way. That's just a shameless plug for recruitment. "Come over to our side, We have the best quarterback?" Come on? Really guys?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/13/08 01:28 PM
Edited by Rathil_Thads on Fri 06/13/08 01:32 PM
Robert, you were doing good with most of your information. It got a little weird at the end though.

Robert said:

"Wicca is quite often referred to by the phrase “Wicca witchcraft” but this term is technically incorrect. The reason it is often incorrectly called Wicca witchcraft by many is because it is actually a form of witchcraft, but those practicing Wicca are more accurately referred to as Wiccans and not witches.

Wiccans do NOT believe in hurting people, taking drugs, killing animals, telling lies, doing sexually perversive acts, drinking animal’s blood, stealing, summoning demons (they don’t believe in demons) or performing Black magic. Wiccans don’t believe in the devil, and view him as only an element of the Christian religion.

Wicca comes across as an attractive religion because it portrays a strong moral code, promises peace and harmony with the universe and offers its followers the ability to tap into a supernatural source of power to be used for the benefit of mankind. It is a nature based religion and wiccans believe that they are tapping into an energy source that is naturally occurring in the world around us, and merely needs to be channelled in the right direction. This explains why it is said to be the fastest growing religion among high school and college students and why even many adults from all walks of life are now becoming involved with Wicca/witchcraft.

Wiccans believe that they are practicing White magic, which is good as opposed to Black magic which is evil. However once they are quite heavily involved in Wicca/witchcraft they have to start performing “protection magic” to ward off “bad energies”, “bad spirits”, “psychic attacks” and “harmful voices” in their heads among other things."

That much of your post is pretty good with the exception that Wiccans to not practice "White Magic" or "Black Magic" To them there is no such thing. Magick is a neutral energy or force and cannont be "White" or "Black" by itself. Just based on how the person using it tries to manipulate it.

Not sure how you got into the demons being summoned up trying to destroy the magic wielders though.

Wiccans don't have a bible persay. They have something called the Wiccan Rede which basically boils down to the "Rule of Three" Meaning that any energy you send out will return to you 3 times. and the main rede is "An it harm none, do what ye will"

Meaning you are free to live your life as you choose and see fit as long as you don't harm anyone in the process. It is a very nature based religion. Like Robert said that was correct they believe in tapping into the different energies of the elements. Fire, Water, Air, Earth, and Spirit. Which is what the 5 pointed Pentacle represents to them with the point pointing up top. Representing the Spirit above the elements.

I hope I have answered some of the questions and clarifyed a bit better on this. if you have any specific questions or I didn't explain something very well please feel free to email me and I will try to help more.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Thu 06/12/08 09:54 PM
((K Guys, I am heading to bed. very tired. Just so you know Tihalan is still there but he will just be sitting at the bar drinking so if you want to talk to him about anything specific still just email me and I will talk with you later.))

Rathil_Thads's photo
Thu 06/12/08 09:52 PM

i will find one,, but i prefer my axe, nothing like the feel of it splittin an enemys head

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I much prefer da sound of crackin' skulls! Specially when dey jus' be skeletons. Ye hit dem hard enough an' dey just explode. Makes me laugh every time!

Rathil_Thads's photo
Thu 06/12/08 09:49 PM

welcome back drow,, dwarf, do you have a stone for sharpining an axe? i have put mine through the gauntlet the last few days and i need to get some nicks out of the blade

Nope, Me weapon o choice is me hammer. Dun't need ta sharpen dem!

Rathil_Thads's photo
Thu 06/12/08 09:49 PM

*sighs* I don't plan on killing humans.. but you will never trust that.. I'm not wasting my breath on trying to get you to understand

Course ye dun't plan on it. Most new vampires dun't PLAN on it. Dey still have a bit o decency left in em. Den der be some who jus come out of the gate wit human blood on der mind like yer fledglin'.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Thu 06/12/08 09:43 PM

I don't want your friendship.. just want you to understand and maybe be kind and give me the respect not to bring anything that would hurt me

Bah! Ye dun't want me respect... Ye just dun't want me axe in ye head.. An' dats understandable.. I respect dat at least. Although what ye're needin to understand is I wun't be lettin' ye kill innocent people an' I wun't be lettin ye bring in more o yer kind who will be doin' da same thing.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Thu 06/12/08 09:37 PM

i will be eating it too numbskull. its a pre battle tradition with my kind. nothing but natural things.

Bah! sure.. a free meal be a free meal!

Rathil_Thads's photo
Thu 06/12/08 09:36 PM
Edited by Rathil_Thads on Thu 06/12/08 09:37 PM

you act like all vampires are the same... we're not! why dont you take the time to get to know someone before you throw them in a group.

I dun already told ye. I know who ye say ye are an' dat be all fine an' dandy fer now. Sure ye be feedin' on animals an' da sort but ye wun't be able ta do dat ferver. Don't care how good ye are. Ye will either start killin' humans or ye will starve.

So tell me, should I befriend ye while you are still all kind and caring only to make it harder when I have to lop of yer head when ye start killin humans? Or should I just keep meself detached from all vampires and do me job? I dun't be needin' yer friendship on me conscience

It's nuttin personal

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25