Community > Posts By > Rathil_Thads

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 06/21/08 06:51 AM

LAKEVILLE, Minnesota (AP) -- A Lakeville man says he feels violated after two police officers woke him up at 3 a.m. to tell him his door was unlocked.

Their surprise visit was part of a public service campaign to remind residents to secure their homes to prevent thefts. Usually, officers just leave notices on doors.

But they went further in Troy Molde's case on Thursday. Police entered the house where four children under 7 were having a sleepover, and then went upstairs to Molde's bedroom.

The officers told Molde his garage door was open, the TV was on, the keys to his truck were left in the ignition and the door to his house was ajar.

A police spokesman says the intrusion was justified because the officers' initial door knocks went unanswered, and they wanted to make sure nothing was wrong.

He says the kids inside -- Molde's two sons and two nephews -- were afraid to wake their dad, so the officers went upstairs

Well, as a mother's viewpoint, WHY were the kids afraid to wake up their dad? Was he drunk, coming off of a 'high' and sleeping it off?
Where was the mother?

I think if the door was ajar - open - I do not think it can be considered any type of illegal entry, if everything were locked up, that is a different story. Considering the keys in the truck, garage door open and 4 kids under the

:

Lindyy
:angry:

they have no proof

illegal entry makes anything they found inadmisable

they are lucky he didnt wake up and shoot them (the cops)

Look, do I have to put my Golden in her attack mode and bring Tinkerbell back out to annoy you?

You HAVE to admit the dangerous situation the children were in. AND, what was wrong with the police saying "Uh, pardon us sir, your garage door is open, keys are in your truck, your door is adjar, it is 3 a.m. and there are 4 children under the age of 7 being left unattended, please sir, take care of this situation."

The police were not looking for anything, they were merely trying to maintain a safe environment.:angry:

Now, hush up or you will be stuffed in Tinkerbell's glass jar.grumble

Lindyy
:heart:

laugh laugh Well I never thought this day would come but I have to agree with you Lindyy. The cops did nothing wrong here. If the police deemed it necessary to put together a team to go through at the early AM hours to make sure things were secured then obviously that area has had some problems in the past with crime. So they tried to awaken the homeowners by knocking on the door. When no one answered they didn't know if they were just heavy sleepers or if someone was inside robbing and murdering the family. So they entered the house. (Not looking for anything of a crime or anything. Just to make sure the homeowners were okay)

Then when they find a bunch of children having a sleepover and in this type of danergous situation it escalates a little bit because of the carelessness of the homeowner. So they go and wake him up to inform him of the potential dangers that he put himself and his family in. I mean if it was some type of robber the robber could have gone inside. Murdered all of the children of the sleepover. Killed the father, loaded up his truck with stuff from the house and high tailed it out of there.

And by the way to all those saying they had no legal right. If police officers feel that something isn't right with a situation or they are checking on the safety of someone they are allowed to enter a residence uninvited or without a warrant. Even if it means breaking into the house. (Which they didn't even have to this time since the door was open.)

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 06/21/08 06:40 AM

Hey Dennis,

(joking mood here so don't take this serious!)

I still belief in dragons, pixies, and elves. And when I find that planet I will make sure to tell you what they believe in!!laugh laugh laugh

Actually there are a few planets European Scientists have found with Earth like atmospheres.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-science/20080616/SCIENCE-SPACE-PLANETS-DC/

Perhaps their religion is pagan with a mixture of Christianity, Muslim, and some Buddha in there to!

Well if it is devoid of stupidity, I'm packing my bags today....bigsmile

smokin smokin Can I come too?? flowerforyou flowerforyou

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 06/21/08 06:36 AM

If the Bible wasn't on earth, we wouldn't have God's word to guide us and the scripture for inspiration and teaching.

Neglect of God's word causes spiritual starvation and trouble personally and nationally. The decline of the perceived importance of the word is nothing short of a national tragedy and is responsible for much of the immorality we see currently.

Isaiah 55:11 says "So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth, it will not return to me void. It will accomplish what I please and it will prosper in that for which I have sent it."

The fact is that God's word does exist. We are fortunate in this day and age when we can own a copy of it for very little money. A couple hundred years ago, a hand copied copy of the Bible would be just about priceless. Now, we can have a copy of God's word for $25 or less.

Will you read this fascinating book? Will you take it to heart? Or, will you ignore it. If you pick up the word of God you will find conviction and knowledge such as is found in no other book. I will guarantee you that.

JMO.

Geo.

Actually many here are correct... unless it's God breathed into a man, it's just another book.

Here's a challenge to ALL.... EVERYONE!

Go into God's word...and wherever you recognize your own unbelief in His word ask Him to bring you into agreement WITH HIM on it.

See what kind of response you get... Will you do that?

I am confused what you mean by that statement. "Whenever I recognize my own unbelief in his word to ask him to bring me into agreement WITH HIM on it??"

What exactly do you mean by that? Cause to me it sounds like you are saying that if I don't believe what I am reading because there is something about it that is just illogical or just hard to grasp that I should just ask God to make me believe in the illogicalness of it. Basically close my eyes to what makes sense and just trust Gods word.

I could totally be reading that wrong but that's my understanding to what you are saying. So if I am wrong please correct me. That comment really did confuse me a bit.

OK... For example....God's word says I am beautifully & wonderfully made in His image...

If I find myself in disagreement with that I will say God...bring me into agreement with what Your word is saying to me. I want to be in agreement with you God.

God helps us with our own unbelief... it's true too. If we confess it. Now before you go on about illogical things, remember this, Jesus healed the sick & raised the dead by FAITH in His Father in Heaven. Jesus was subject to many things for our sake.

As I said...the Bible is just another book unless it is God breathed into a person.

Are you going to try it?

Sure, I will try it. I have been meaning to go back and reread a few passages of the Bible and brush up on a few things as there have been a few threads I wasn't able to comment on because of my lack of remembering as much as I would have liked too. So while I am rereading the parts I need too I will see if I can be brought into agreement with it. I love experiments.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 06/21/08 06:32 AM
Edited by Rathil_Thads on Sat 06/21/08 06:58 AM

r??????

BTW...go back & read the thread & you will see how insulting it is to people who do believe. Maybe we get tired of the same old silly questions & people who use cop out excuses to disregard what is being said when they are the ones who are frustrated.

I hadn't intended it to be insulting? I was genuinely curious. And again, I didn't realize anyone had already asked this...or that it was silly. I was always taught "there is no such thing as a stupid question". And I'm not frustrated nor did I realize I was using "cop out excuses" to "disregard" anyone. Again...that was not my intention.

We also get tired of being misquoted as well as what we say being twisted into something it's not.

So if you want to point fingers remember there's a bunch pointing back atcha.

Apparently I misunderstood you, then. Because, from the way I interpreted what you were saying I didn't realize I was twisting anything. You're responses, by my personal interpretation, were very angry and sometimes borderline mean natured. If that was not the case then I apologize. It's easy to mis-read things when you can't hear the tone of voice with the words and you can only read the words. From what I was reading, you seemed to be furious with me and taking your frustrations out and misunderstanding what my original question was. I hadn't intended it to be stupid, petty, insulting or anything else beyond pure curiousity. As you've said on other threads..."Sometimes a person has to hear the word of god several times before it finally settles in" (paraphrasing naturally) To the fingerpointing issue you brought up...I wasn't trying to point fingers, persay, again...it was a misunderstanding and I felt that you were taking a lot of anger out on me and misunderstanding what I was saying. By what I had read, I wasn't pointing any fingers and hadn't done any of the things you were accusing me of. Obviously it was a misunderstanding on both parts and I apologize for any that was on my end.

QUICKSTEPPER SAID:

Yes well I also apologize for being short. This is what happens when my more carnal side comes out. LOL laugh Please forgive me for that.

It does anger me that some just brush aside what people of faith are saying...from experience, as foolishness because they have not had that experience, it doesn't make it false, just to justify themeselves. Some have even called Christians backwards & uneducated which is hardly the truth at all.

Some of the long windedness of posters is very hard to keep up with & grammatically hard to read as well, so maybe I'm not always catching what someone is saying. When I read some of things people write about Christians & Christianity, the horribleness of it requires a response because of it's deceptions.

(sigh) There is so much to faith that people don't realize ... BUT... When we share our faith we are being accused of bible thumping etc etc. I just won't tolerate those sort of cop out excuses anymore from people who don't really know what they are talking about.

Anything less than faith in action & the birth of God's spirit living in man is the real lie. Not only because God's word says so, but because I experienced it & that spirit life of Jesus lives in me.

RATHIL_THADS SAID:

Okay, I just need to point out the irony of this post because this seems like exactly the type of response I would write to you talking about paganism and some of the other religions that differ from yours. In fact let me just change a few things and we will see how it works out.

"Yes well I also apologize for being short. This is what happens when my more carnal side comes out. LOL laugh Please forgive me for that.

It does anger me that some just brush aside what people of faith are saying...from experience, as foolishness because they have not had that experience, it doesn't make it false, just to justify themeselves. Some have even called Pagans backwards & uneducated which is hardly the truth at all.

Some of the long windedness of posters is very hard to keep up with & grammatically hard to read as well, so maybe I'm not always catching what someone is saying. When I read some of things people write about Pagans and satanists the horribleness of it requires a response because of it's deceptions.

(sigh) There is so much to other faiths that people don't realize ... BUT... When we share our faith we are being accused of worshipping false gods and spreading evil. I just won't tolerate those sort of cop out excuses anymore from people who don't really know what they are talking about."

First of all sharing what God says about others gods from HIS word is one thing. After that....

No one here, Christians...including myself...has EVER called pagans etc etc, uneducated or backwards for what they believe. that is a HUGE misconception that I am referring to.

I can't stop you from following what you want, but I just ask people here to keep an open mind about God Jehovah & His Son Jesus. This is about as open minded as I will get in that while there is life there is hope for all men through Christ Jesus.

One day you will exhaust yourselves out looking for that inner peace ... don't make it hard for yourselves by closing a door you might want to open again one day...is all I ask.

God bless... :heart: :smile:

Well to be fair I have never seen anyone on here call Christians backwards or uneducated, at least not in those exact words. I have however seen people who knew nothing about Christianity posting about things they don't understand, Just like I have seen Christians posting things about pagans they don't understand. I would repost those things here but last time that was brought up the threads got deleted for inappropriateness so I will avoid that for now.

As for exhausting myself looking for inner peace. That I fear is not possible because I already have inner peace. There is no need for me to look farther because I have been at peace with myself for years and man is it liberating to know that. The cool thing about that inner peace is that I know that because I am at peace with myself. Any door I have ever been through is open for me to walk through any time I want too. I don't need to close off other avenues to myself in order to progress further in my life. Although at the same time I don't need to waste my time backtracking either.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 06/21/08 06:23 AM

If the Bible wasn't on earth, we wouldn't have God's word to guide us and the scripture for inspiration and teaching.

Neglect of God's word causes spiritual starvation and trouble personally and nationally. The decline of the perceived importance of the word is nothing short of a national tragedy and is responsible for much of the immorality we see currently.

Isaiah 55:11 says "So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth, it will not return to me void. It will accomplish what I please and it will prosper in that for which I have sent it."

The fact is that God's word does exist. We are fortunate in this day and age when we can own a copy of it for very little money. A couple hundred years ago, a hand copied copy of the Bible would be just about priceless. Now, we can have a copy of God's word for $25 or less.

Will you read this fascinating book? Will you take it to heart? Or, will you ignore it. If you pick up the word of God you will find conviction and knowledge such as is found in no other book. I will guarantee you that.

JMO.

Geo.

Actually many here are correct... unless it's God breathed into a man, it's just another book.

Here's a challenge to ALL.... EVERYONE!

Go into God's word...and wherever you recognize your own unbelief in His word ask Him to bring you into agreement WITH HIM on it.

See what kind of response you get... Will you do that?

I am confused what you mean by that statement. "Whenever I recognize my own unbelief in his word to ask him to bring me into agreement WITH HIM on it??"

What exactly do you mean by that? Cause to me it sounds like you are saying that if I don't believe what I am reading because there is something about it that is just illogical or just hard to grasp that I should just ask God to make me believe in the illogicalness of it. Basically close my eyes to what makes sense and just trust Gods word.

I could totally be reading that wrong but that's my understanding to what you are saying. So if I am wrong please correct me. That comment really did confuse me a bit.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 06/21/08 06:15 AM
Edited by Rathil_Thads on Sat 06/21/08 06:17 AM

r??????

BTW...go back & read the thread & you will see how insulting it is to people who do believe. Maybe we get tired of the same old silly questions & people who use cop out excuses to disregard what is being said when they are the ones who are frustrated.

I hadn't intended it to be insulting? I was genuinely curious. And again, I didn't realize anyone had already asked this...or that it was silly. I was always taught "there is no such thing as a stupid question". And I'm not frustrated nor did I realize I was using "cop out excuses" to "disregard" anyone. Again...that was not my intention.

We also get tired of being misquoted as well as what we say being twisted into something it's not.

So if you want to point fingers remember there's a bunch pointing back atcha.

Apparently I misunderstood you, then. Because, from the way I interpreted what you were saying I didn't realize I was twisting anything. You're responses, by my personal interpretation, were very angry and sometimes borderline mean natured. If that was not the case then I apologize. It's easy to mis-read things when you can't hear the tone of voice with the words and you can only read the words. From what I was reading, you seemed to be furious with me and taking your frustrations out and misunderstanding what my original question was. I hadn't intended it to be stupid, petty, insulting or anything else beyond pure curiousity. As you've said on other threads..."Sometimes a person has to hear the word of god several times before it finally settles in" (paraphrasing naturally) To the fingerpointing issue you brought up...I wasn't trying to point fingers, persay, again...it was a misunderstanding and I felt that you were taking a lot of anger out on me and misunderstanding what I was saying. By what I had read, I wasn't pointing any fingers and hadn't done any of the things you were accusing me of. Obviously it was a misunderstanding on both parts and I apologize for any that was on my end.

QUICKSTEPPER SAID:

Yes well I also apologize for being short. This is what happens when my more carnal side comes out. LOL laugh Please forgive me for that.

It does anger me that some just brush aside what people of faith are saying...from experience, as foolishness because they have not had that experience, it doesn't make it false, just to justify themeselves. Some have even called Christians backwards & uneducated which is hardly the truth at all.

Some of the long windedness of posters is very hard to keep up with & grammatically hard to read as well, so maybe I'm not always catching what someone is saying. When I read some of things people write about Christians & Christianity, the horribleness of it requires a response because of it's deceptions.

(sigh) There is so much to faith that people don't realize ... BUT... When we share our faith we are being accused of bible thumping etc etc. I just won't tolerate those sort of cop out excuses anymore from people who don't really know what they are talking about.

Anything less than faith in action & the birth of God's spirit living in man is the real lie. Not only because God's word says so, but because I experienced it & that spirit life of Jesus lives in me.

RATHIL_THADS SAID:

Okay, I just need to point out the irony of this post because this seems like exactly the type of response I would write to you talking about paganism and some of the other religions that differ from yours. In fact let me just change a few things and we will see how it works out.

"Yes well I also apologize for being short. This is what happens when my more carnal side comes out. LOL laugh Please forgive me for that.

It does anger me that some just brush aside what people of faith are saying...from experience, as foolishness because they have not had that experience, it doesn't make it false, just to justify themeselves. Some have even called Pagans backwards & uneducated which is hardly the truth at all.

Some of the long windedness of posters is very hard to keep up with & grammatically hard to read as well, so maybe I'm not always catching what someone is saying. When I read some of things people write about Pagans and satanists the horribleness of it requires a response because of it's deceptions.

(sigh) There is so much to other faiths that people don't realize ... BUT... When we share our faith we are being accused of worshipping false gods and spreading evil. I just won't tolerate those sort of cop out excuses anymore from people who don't really know what they are talking about."

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 03:09 PM

Cool beans. Nothing wrong with the path I'm on. The Lord'll keep me straight. I find a lot of people who lack senses of humor. They tell me "That's not funny!" I say, "well, it's just because you lack a sense of humor!" And they really scowl about that. Hmmmmmmm.?! I wonder why.

Lol, sorry, That first line was my attempt at a joke. drinker I know you are more than content where you are at. Nothing wrong with that.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:55 PM

Yeah, just joking. Didn't mean to be bashing. For that, I usually us a baseball bat. And I still don't have any pagan beliefs. Man, I feel so culturally deprived. Sob!:cry:

lol, if you feel culturally deprived because of a lack of pagan beliefs then perhaps something is amiss with the path you are on. Just something to think about.

To be fair I didn't think you meant anything bad by your comment. I think the point that Karma was trying to make was that some people may have taken offense if they didn't have a sense of humor. And as Lily pointed out that happens on both ends so as far as I am concerned there are no hard feelings.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:50 PM

I think God made man as part of his divine plan for creation and for working out his purposes. We live for God's glory and he wants us to know him and to fellowship with him as indeed we can when we let him into our life by faith, inviting him to forgive our sins and telling him we believe he is who he says he is and God raised him from the dead.

That's the challenge we all face. Are we up for it?

Correct me if I'm wrong...is there a question of God's motive here? Is that what this post is about? Just askin'...

no question of his motives at all QS, i stated his motives for creating man to begin with - the NEED to create man. i don't agree at all with your statement that god does or did not NEED man - thats all.

Lol, guess I interpreted wrong. The post was not about his motives, by my curiousity is about his motives. Just another thing that doesn't make sense to me if he created us just because but he didn't need his creation for anything.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:48 PM
I think there is a little bit yes, As in what motivation did God have to create this world if he does not need it? Did he just get bored one day and decide he wanted to create life and that was it. Or did he need to do it for a specific purpose and therefore we are around because he needed something from us?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 10:36 AM

Sure, that is easy to say now. What Karma was trying to say is that if a pagan went into a Christian thread and made a joke like that. You know, just having a sense of humor we would be yelled at for Christian bashing. Whether that was Yasha's intention or not, obviously it was taken that way by someone. Although thats okay. I don't expect you to acknowledge that anyway. Afterall Christians can do no wrong, right?

You can't say all of them are like that... Whatever bowl of granola you eat from, you're always going to find some flakes and nuts...Even ours...laugh laugh

That's true and thank you for that correction Lily, I should have made it clear that I am not generalizing everyone. That is why I usually stay away from that argument in general about, Well why is it okay if you guys bash us but we can't even disagree with you or we are bashing you.

There have been many times I have wanted to make that argument in a thread but I just kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to deal with all the people getting defensive on both sides but I figured since Karmafury brought it up this time why not? laugh laugh

Although yes, there are some pagans out there that are just as bad when it comes to not understanding as much as they should about what they are talking about and end up saying things that they shouldn't say. It comes from both sides of the road so people should just learn to take it in stride.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 08:36 AM

The nonprofit American Bible Society has, in more than 180 years of its existence, distributed more Bibles than there are people in the world—some 8.5 billion. The British and Foreign Bible Society has distributed several billion more in dozens of languages.

More than 100 million new Bibles, reflecting numerous translations, are sold or given away freely every year. Translations exist in more than 2,000 languages and dialects.

This is amazing statistics!

I don't think any book in the world is translated in so many languages including given away or sold in such masses per year!

My questions:

How much would history be effected if we started in the year 1000 until today 2008 that a book of a different religion or belief system would have been the most sold, translated, and distributed across the world.

or

What would it be like if not a single religious book would have been distributed in this time frame?

Would there have been crusades?

Would there be tensions in the Middle East today?

Would there have been WW2?

Would there have been less wars in general?

Would there have been more advancements in technology and living standards in general?

or

Would there have been more wars then usual?

Would there have been more problems in general?

If I may ask you one favor while answering these questions to please not discriminate a religious belief or to bash someone for their answer to these questions. I know it may be hard to do perhaps but at least try. thank you!

I say this for if you were drowning and are in need of assistance, I would regardless of your belief system try to save you. Let us treat each other the same way here on the forum. Thank you!

John:smile:

john, - if we study reigious history one thing that comes forward is that as long as man has been here and most likely before written language was used, there have been law's. Law's go hand and hand with religion. They also go hand and hand without religion.The mere fact that law's have been with man since earliest times in some form, Speak's to man's inability to get along together. So as for me i would have to say as long as we inhabit this flesh, everything that is considered "not good or evil" has, is, and will continue to be "mankind as usual" - just as those thing found to be good or loving etc., will be expressed also. When dealing with "mankind", we are dealing with an entity that is so ego centered he rarely takes time to stop and take a look at "who or what" he really is. And until he does i hold out little hope that he will morally evolve into a "better" species.

Yes very true what you say and I never argue anyway about these things. I just post up questions to try to figure out why!

I still think that if world religions would actually really sit down together and change the first page to something that would offer better solutions to really understand the different lifestyles and why they occur it would make a difference.

Now I know that isn't going to change our world into a fairy tale land that is for sure, but the main reason for a religous book is to teach how to live in peace with one another and find salvation for our mistakes. Instead it seems like it teaches more of how we will get punished if we don't do!

It is a never ending debate and I am aware of it. Thank you for the wise words though.:smile:

See, the reason that religions don't do what you are suggesting, putting in that page that says that really no matter what you believe we should all love one another. Is because if they did that there would be no reason for religions. Despite what people want you to believe. Most religions are out there to make money. It's a numbers buisness just like anything else. Most religions try to draw you in by offering you some big reward if you join up and follow their path. Or even worse some may not offer you a reward at all. They just say, Join us or you will suffer in eternal damnation for your lack of faith. Most religions can't put in that tagline that it's okay for you to love other people just because they are people because if they did, people wouldn't need the religions.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 08:30 AM

Of course you can also choose not to read any religous books and just stick to fantasy like I do. I manage to stay out of trouble, not invade property, bash heads, and live a solid life full of love and happiness.

One could also be like Mr. Hubbard I think his name is and have written successful fantasy novels for a living before transforming his fantasy beliefs with science and creating a religious organization called "Scientology"!

LOL! It's funny that you say that. My roommate is also an avid gamer and has a love of fantasy concepts and he is always going on about how he doesn't need religion because it's all fantasy anyway. He just chooses to dedicate his time to something more fun. He is always saying that that is why Religious people and gamers don't get along. Because they are both reading out of the same rulebooks, only the covers are slightly different. drinker drinker

Yeah I think I would love to get to know your roommate. I agree with him, but I would never discourage a religion! If it helps a person stay out of trouble or even become a better person then I am all for it as long as it doesn't hurt another person.

Now that is the trick right as I see that even a religous foundation fight amongst themselves.

The newest I can think of is Shiites and Sunnis. Same religion but a few different ways of worshipping makes all the difference for them.

That is why that first page in each religious book should be created as a must read!

I think the problem can be that many just read one book and stick to it only. They don't want to learn other religious beliefs let alone the time it takes. I must admit the bible or the koran or the torah is way too complictated for me to actually understand! The verses drive me nuts!

I have every possible religious book in my house from travelling around the world when I worked for the Red Cross. So many gave me books to show appreciaten and promising if I read it that my life will get better. Of course I accept and smile and say thank you very much for the gift is invaluable wouldn't you think.

Oh well enough blah blah blah from me again. lol

This is the major problem right there. "I think the problem can be that many just read one book and stick to it only. They don't want to learn other religious beliefs let alone the time it takes."

And this is what I have been arguing with multiple people with over the last few days. Not so much that people choose one path that they think is right and they stick to it. I will never have a problem with that and I find it commendable that they have something that works for them. The problem I have is when people just assume that that is the ultimate answer and they then decide they don't need to learn anymore.

The moment you decide you have the right answer and you decide to stop learning is the moment a big part of you dies. Whether we realize it or not. On average we only use 10 percent of our brains. Think of the expanding possibilities that we can unlock the more we strive to learn. Although most people are content to take the easy road and stick with one thing. Which is fine if that works for them. Although that means that they sacrafice the ability to comment on and berate the things they don't understand.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 08:18 AM

Perhaps a even better question. Does the bible teach tolerance to other religious belief systems? I mean is there a phrase in this book that says "One who doesn't believe is still loved and accepted in Gods hands and can still live in eternal happiness when you pass away?"

See, now this is an interesting question because you would think that there is something like that in there from a religion that is supposed to be loving and forgiving. While it is true that Jesus taught tolerance of other religions, In the sense that if someone did not want to hear his word he would not force it onto them. He would not berate them, He would simply move on and talk to the next soul that would listen.

Although that does not mean that those souls would still be welcomed into his eternal kingdom after their passing. To them those people were lost souls who were worshipping false gods and therefor breaking the commandments sent down. So while Jesus accepted their differences it does not mean they would be accepted into Heaven. Which is why you see so many conversations to that effect going on today. People wondering why it's not enough to just be a good person and help your fellow man. How God could be so petty that just because one does not believe in him, even though in order to believe in him you would have to rid yourself of any type of logical thought and just accept things on blind faith. But just because you don't believe you are doomed to an eternity of suffering.

Does that sound like a God that is loving and forgiving and understanding?

Anyway, I digress. To answer your question simply. According to the bible and Christians today. God loves everyone, whether they believe or not, but no that is not enough to get you to eternal salvation under the rule of that same God.

hmmmm???

Good Morning Tribo! drinker drinker

So what are you Hmmmming about? Do you feel something I said was wrong or was that more of an inquisitive Hmmmm... I'm sorry I can't tell. :-D

laugh i don't believe you ever say anything wrong glass hopper - only what you belive to be truth for you - :tongue: the hummm was just contemplatin over the questions asked by john and if what was being said originally was being answered - since this was a later question- i was pondering on whether to answer on this or the original - i feel your answer was sufficient - so i didnot.laugh

laugh laugh That's kind of what I figured but wanted to make sure. Appriciate it Tribo. drinker

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 08:06 AM

Of course you can also choose not to read any religous books and just stick to fantasy like I do. I manage to stay out of trouble, not invade property, bash heads, and live a solid life full of love and happiness.

One could also be like Mr. Hubbard I think his name is and have written successful fantasy novels for a living before transforming his fantasy beliefs with science and creating a religious organization called "Scientology"!

LOL! It's funny that you say that. My roommate is also an avid gamer and has a love of fantasy concepts and he is always going on about how he doesn't need religion because it's all fantasy anyway. He just chooses to dedicate his time to something more fun. He is always saying that that is why Religious people and gamers don't get along. Because they are both reading out of the same rulebooks, only the covers are slightly different. drinker drinker

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 08:03 AM

Perhaps a even better question. Does the bible teach tolerance to other religious belief systems? I mean is there a phrase in this book that says "One who doesn't believe is still loved and accepted in Gods hands and can still live in eternal happiness when you pass away?"

See, now this is an interesting question because you would think that there is something like that in there from a religion that is supposed to be loving and forgiving. While it is true that Jesus taught tolerance of other religions, In the sense that if someone did not want to hear his word he would not force it onto them. He would not berate them, He would simply move on and talk to the next soul that would listen.

Although that does not mean that those souls would still be welcomed into his eternal kingdom after their passing. To them those people were lost souls who were worshipping false gods and therefor breaking the commandments sent down. So while Jesus accepted their differences it does not mean they would be accepted into Heaven. Which is why you see so many conversations to that effect going on today. People wondering why it's not enough to just be a good person and help your fellow man. How God could be so petty that just because one does not believe in him, even though in order to believe in him you would have to rid yourself of any type of logical thought and just accept things on blind faith. But just because you don't believe you are doomed to an eternity of suffering.

Anyway, I digress. To answer your question simply. According to the bible and Christians today. God loves everyone, whether they believe or not, but no that is not enough to get you to eternal salvation under the rule of that same God.

hmmmm???

Good Morning Tribo! drinker drinker

So what are you Hmmmming about? Do you feel something I said was wrong or was that more of an inquisitive Hmmmm... I'm sorry I can't tell. :-D

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 07:44 AM

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 05:57 AM

Well at the very least it wouldn't have been accepted with an open heart as it was...Guess you can chalk one up for us now can't you?

Yeah, us...drinker

drinker drinker

Woohoo!!

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/20/08 05:56 AM

I think you're right, JB. Joshua was taking a stand for what he would do, irregardless of those around him. Didn't mean to be off topic. Just wanted to talk about what an alternative to a Pagan belief system might be.

Pagan beliefs? Is that belief in a motorcycle gang?laugh

Now I'm trying to understand. If a Pagan were to go into the Christian threads and make such a comment it would be called Christian bashing, question the Bible it is called Christian bashing, Say anything which in any way pokes fun at the Christian faith and it's bashing.

Yet it is fine to do with others.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:angry:

KarmaFury....that is just Yashafox's off the wall sense of humor on display.....he wasn't bashing...he does that all the time to us christians too:wink:

But I agree that bashing of any kind, by anyone ,
is totally uncalled for. :heart:

Sure, that is easy to say now. What Karma was trying to say is that if a pagan went into a Christian thread and made a joke like that. You know, just having a sense of humor we would be yelled at for Christian bashing. Whether that was Yasha's intention or not, obviously it was taken that way by someone. Although thats okay. I don't expect you to acknowledge that anyway. Afterall Christians can do no wrong, right?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Thu 06/19/08 09:56 PM
*Rathil grins a bit as he hears Azareak talk to Draven and hears the vampire actually never made it back to the guild. Rathil shrugs as the fate of the vampire really doesn't matter to him. He turns around to walk away feeling that Azareak will be fine now that she has turned on one of her own. He sends another electrifying jolt into Tihalan as he passes for good measure since it is the dwarfs fault he has had to put up with so much nonsense tonight.

Tihalan moans in extreme pain again as he is hit with the jolt. Rathil smiles to himself as he walks off into the night.*

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25