Community > Posts By > Blaze1978

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 12/29/08 05:47 PM
No, as long as they don't have a shrine devoted to the ex.

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 12/29/08 12:40 AM

The 1930's were hotter (globally) than any other decade since.

The only climate model that has consistently accurate predictions is the one based upon solar activity.

One of the reasons why scientists do not agree about the existence of man made global warming is because of the lack of definitive evidence.

The one thing we do know for certain is the falsity of the more extreme global warming predictions, since they have already failed to occur.

Personally I would rather make changes that will make measurable improvements in our environment, rather than spend trillions on something that may not make things better.

Given mankind's inherrently proven ability (some would say need) to damage the world around him, I don't see why global warming is such a far-fetched subject to some people.

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 12/29/08 12:35 AM

deppression sucks, but the only way to get over it is to get up and do somethin bout it, you cant lay around and feel sorry for yourself

'Tis true. However, easier said than done. The lethargy that often rides piggyback on depression, at its worst, makes it virtually impossible to do anything worthwhile.

For many of us, there's not a lot to do about it. The depression will continue to return periodically our whole lives.

i have problems with depression, you cant let it control you, or you might as well give up, if you cant control it on your own u need to get to the docter and get some meds, ive been on and off medication and it works wonders

I wouldn't say it controls me. It hits bad from time to time, sometimes more or less frequently than other times. I control it by thinking positively, taking my mind off things, reminding myself that others suffer worse than I do. Eventually it passes and I return to my regular state.

I don't know, this may sound peculiar to you, it may sound like I put myself through a lot of hell in this way. I'm just desribing to you my way of dealing with it. I do this because I don't trust medication, never have, and I think society's answer to everything is to prescribe, prescribe, prescribe, just my opinion.

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 12/29/08 12:29 AM

flowerforyou Have you ever been betrayed by someone that you thought you could trust,and how did you deal with it?flowerforyou

Oh yeah...about thirteen years ago, I was betrayed by a very close friend. He was my second best friend, despite the odd disagreement I thought I could trust him. It turns out he was being courted by a gang of ****s led by a guy named Chris Hales...never cared for the guy, then or since. Long story short, the friend in question changed his attitude toward me, slowly, over a period of a year. We started hanging out less, and he'd start every conversation with me with this big stupid sneer on his face. Just prior to Christmas 1995, he humiliated me, which I suspect was some rite of passage for the group he was trying to get accepted into. Guess I should have seen that one coming, but I was just a stupid kid who didn't know any better.

Eight years ago, I very briefly fell in with a group that I had no business trusting...big mistake that was, and we fell out regarding a girl...don't really feel the need to explain more, but one huge fight and a couple of court hearings later, I was ready to move on.yawn
drinker I am glad you found peacedrinker

I'm not sure if you'd call it peace...I moved on timewise, but it's not like I had much choice. But if I saw one of those assholes today, well let's just say there'd be tension.

And let's also say that today, I'm aware of who my friends are and who my enemies are. I guess in that respect, I have found peace.

:smile: I have a tough time forgiving people that betray me:smile:

I know what you mean.

When I was a kid, I was involved in a situation where my two oldest friends (they were brothers) teamed with a hated enemy of mine and beat me up, leaving me for dead. Well, not for dead, but I was humiliated. I was perhaps ten or twelve at the time. 2-3 years later, I forgave them, and we were good friends again, for a long time afterward. We lost touch years back, but we last spoke on good terms.

I can't imagine forgiving someone who did that to me today.

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 12/29/08 12:18 AM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Mon 12/29/08 12:24 AM

deppression sucks, but the only way to get over it is to get up and do somethin bout it, you cant lay around and feel sorry for yourself

'Tis true. However, easier said than done. The lethargy that often rides piggyback on depression, at its worst, makes it virtually impossible to do anything worthwhile.

For many of us, there's not a lot to do about it. The depression will continue to return periodically our whole lives.

So it's not about "feeling sorry for ourselves."

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:31 PM

does any 1 here have or ever had depression?

In short, yes.

It comes and goes. Lately it does the former far more frequently than the latter. I just try to remind myself that it will end and I will feel like living again.

I could be worse off.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:15 PM

I want to konw the quickest way to get muscle in your abs and arms and chest? legs and inner thigh?

Have an orgy!!!!

Well, um...noway , no actually, I'm just telling you what you want to hear.laugh

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:06 PM

flowerforyou Have you ever been betrayed by someone that you thought you could trust,and how did you deal with it?flowerforyou

Oh yeah...about thirteen years ago, I was betrayed by a very close friend. He was my second best friend, despite the odd disagreement I thought I could trust him. It turns out he was being courted by a gang of ****s led by a guy named Chris Hales...never cared for the guy, then or since. Long story short, the friend in question changed his attitude toward me, slowly, over a period of a year. We started hanging out less, and he'd start every conversation with me with this big stupid sneer on his face. Just prior to Christmas 1995, he humiliated me, which I suspect was some rite of passage for the group he was trying to get accepted into. Guess I should have seen that one coming, but I was just a stupid kid who didn't know any better.

Eight years ago, I very briefly fell in with a group that I had no business trusting...big mistake that was, and we fell out regarding a girl...don't really feel the need to explain more, but one huge fight and a couple of court hearings later, I was ready to move on.yawn
drinker I am glad you found peacedrinker

I'm not sure if you'd call it peace...I moved on timewise, but it's not like I had much choice. But if I saw one of those assholes today, well let's just say there'd be tension.

And let's also say that today, I'm aware of who my friends are and who my enemies are. I guess in that respect, I have found peace.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:01 PM

Why would you give someone a polio vaccine for Christmas? She should have had vaccine in grade school or earlier.....

Vaccinations are such a load of crap...what they're doing is injecting you with dead viruses or whatever, but even dead, those little bastards can play havoc with the body of a small child. And this is something I've experienced first hand.

One of my earliest memories took place when I was 3 or 4. I was barely out of diapers and hadn't started school yet when my mother took me to the church in town to get some vaccinations. I don't recall for what virus, but I remember that the needle looked like the biggest, most intimidating thing I ever saw.

As we were leaving the church, I vividly recall my legs going numb. They just stiffened, I couldn't so much as move them, let alone walk on them. Mom had to carry me home. The feeling returned to my legs about 30 or so minutes later and there was never another problem, but that numbness....

Another family that were friends with ours took their girl to get similar vaccinations a year or two later...I don't know if its true or not, but a relative told me that they attributed the girl's retardation to what the vaccine did.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 10:53 PM
I don't know what the story was called, but I loved the one with the World War II fighter planes, and then that orb comes along and possesses all the dead bodies in the plane.

I thought that would have made a killer horror movie at one time.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 10:49 PM

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 10:40 PM

:smile: Are you afraid of being alone in life?:smile:

I can't be afraid saying as I am alone in life, and it's all I've ever known. But whatever.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 10:38 PM

Actually, where out of the country?

I see many come from the U.K. and some from Scotland.

U.S. and Canada---slightly more from U.S. than from Canada.

Once or twice from England.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 05:55 PM
Beautiful??? All arachnids must die!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh

I know all spiders are good in that they keep insect populations down...however as I have arachnophobia, I lose a bit of sanity every time one startles me in my room.

I understand why they are needed, but why must they look so menacing???

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 05:46 PM

I've got it in my head.mad

And you know that a new Astro Boy movie is coming out next year, right?

I had no idea...I just saw some Astro Boy vids on youtube and remembered how I liked it as a kid...

After watching some, I came to the same conclusion I came to when I reminded myself of other old shows I once watched, like Dukes of Hazard and Katts and Dog...

WHAT WAS I ON????????????

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 05:34 PM
I've got it in my head.mad

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 02:12 AM
Rome was once considered infallible. It was the symbol of civilization, the ultimate example of mankind's achievement.

But things changed; Rome became corrupt and was ultimately sacked by invading outsiders.

Looking back in history, every great civilization of the past, when it got too big and mighty, and its people were at their most corrupt, it was conquered by a greater power. The Aztecs are another example.

The United States will be no different. The US is seen now very much as Rome was then. It may not be for centuries, but I imagine something will take place eventually that will mean the utter annihilation of the country.

Remember the old saying, what goes around comes around.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/28/08 01:57 AM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sun 12/28/08 01:59 AM

I have never believed in global warming but I wonder why there are still people who believe this bull crap.All around the nation we are having record low tempetures followed by record amounts of snow.Even places like New york city are getting 2-4 inches of snow.Here in Seattle we are getting snow and alot of it.We normally get 1/4" maybe once or twice a year.We have already gotten several feet and it isn't even January.It seems like it is more like global cooling to me Mr.Gore.

I also remember when I was in high school back in 1990's the scientest told us that in 10 years we could not go out in the daytime because of the hole in the O zone layer.They said we would have to wear a one of those silver suits like they have in the steel mills if we wanted to go out in the daytime.This crap will pass just like that one.

Dude, where do you get this? It may be cold where you are...it's cold where I am right now, but in Saskatchewan, when I was a kid, it used to go to minus thirty and stay minus thirty all year...nowadays, winter is commonly not as cold. Sure there are friggin' cold days every winter everywhere. At least here, however, it can be minus thirty one day, and plus one the next.

When I was a kid, almost without fail, it would snow by late-September, often as early as September 1st. I can't remember the last time that happened. It rarely snows before November these days. This year, we had first snow in December.

It's as simple as this: Air pollution---and make no mistake about it, there is heavy air pollution---equals damage to the ozone. As the ozone thins in some places, we absorb more dangerous radiation. Why do you think there is a higher occurrence of skin cancer as opposed to a century ago?

As for the wrong scientist: attempts to predict exactly when something momentous fails are almost always failures. Your scientist was just off by a few years or decades or whatever.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 12/27/08 04:18 PM

How anal retentive are you?

For instance...I can't stand to see a picture hung crooked or off-center on the wall...

Bent paper annoys me severely.mad

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 12/27/08 12:38 PM
I get the most dates during the month of Smarch. Smarch is a month that doesn't exist...henceforth, I get no dates.slaphead