Community > Posts By > Dav777

Dav777's photo
Tue 04/01/08 01:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. But as a Christian I abide to the golden rule "treat others as you would like to be treated." Would you like it if someone put "In Alah we trust?"

Dav777's photo
Tue 04/01/08 12:52 AM
/cry

Dav777's photo
Tue 04/01/08 12:51 AM

I have nothing against any other religion of today. I do have an issue with People no matter what faith, thinking that theirs is the only way, and want anyone who disagrees with them silenced..... to serve their needs.... Much like Hitler did in Nazi Germany....

I don't want anyone silenced... I never protest against freedom of speech. I dont try to silence people but people who do not believe want to silence believers. This thread was about taking God out...that would be against freedom of speech. There is a song by Queen that says "Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me
for me" I refuse to say that so I change the words to "Beelzebub is a devil and he's not for me" So if you don't want to say the word God in the pledge change it to whatever you want. no big deal people.

good night

So, your way is the other highway?

Dav777's photo
Tue 04/01/08 12:33 AM
*Walks sluggishly downstairs and takes a seat. Rubbing his head, Swarnar asks for a cold drink.*

"Water please, to wash away this hang over!"

*Generously tips the barkeep.*

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 11:09 PM

and well. <I'm> <looking> just for a few friends or what not around my age. so.....

So you are, and?

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 10:09 PM

Which is it... it cannot be both?

Maybe free will is God's will.

Yeah. What good is love if it is forced?

What good is love to someone and found out that they are not the one you fell in love with, just the same face? For example, someone lied to you and later you found out that they were literally a different person? You got played.

huh

laugh

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 10:08 PM

But if he didn't have human qualities why would he want to create humans? That to me doesn't make any sense.

Actually God didn’t set out to create humans. That’s the biblical picture. But that’s not what’s printed in the universe. According to the universe humans evolved from a whole line of lesser animals. God was experimenting the whole way along. Humans are merely a phase that God is going through. Clearly God enjoyed being dinosaurs for a while. They lasted about 300 millions years. It must have been fun being a dinosaur.

Humans are barely one million years old yet. In fact, modern humans as we know ourselves are barely even a half-millions years old. And if you want to only consider are extreme modern form we’re only just born.

Humans were hardly the “goal” of the universe by a long shot.

Just because we happen to be humans doesn’t mean that the creator of this universe is like us. After all, we aren’t the only creatures in this universe. With over 100 billion galaxies and 70 sextillion stars just in the observable part of the universe alone, I seriously doubt that planet earth is the only planet containing life.

We can’t just look at planet earth and think of god’s motives. There’s a whole vast universe out there that is so vast it’s beyond our ability to comprehend. To believe that we are modeled after God is truly naïve. What about all the rest of the animals, what are they modeled after?

Yes this is true except for the "To believe that we are modeled after God is truly naïve" part.

Have you spoken directly to God?

huh
What do you mean by that? Have I spoken to him? Yes via prayer I have. Why do you care? What are you insinuating?

Has he told you his word in person, or did you read what other people told you he said?

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:41 PM

But if he didn't have human qualities why would he want to create humans? That to me doesn't make any sense.

Actually God didn’t set out to create humans. That’s the biblical picture. But that’s not what’s printed in the universe. According to the universe humans evolved from a whole line of lesser animals. God was experimenting the whole way along. Humans are merely a phase that God is going through. Clearly God enjoyed being dinosaurs for a while. They lasted about 300 millions years. It must have been fun being a dinosaur.

Humans are barely one million years old yet. In fact, modern humans as we know ourselves are barely even a half-millions years old. And if you want to only consider are extreme modern form we’re only just born.

Humans were hardly the “goal” of the universe by a long shot.

Just because we happen to be humans doesn’t mean that the creator of this universe is like us. After all, we aren’t the only creatures in this universe. With over 100 billion galaxies and 70 sextillion stars just in the observable part of the universe alone, I seriously doubt that planet earth is the only planet containing life.

We can’t just look at planet earth and think of god’s motives. There’s a whole vast universe out there that is so vast it’s beyond our ability to comprehend. To believe that we are modeled after God is truly naïve. What about all the rest of the animals, what are they modeled after?

Yes this is true except for the "To believe that we are modeled after God is truly naïve" part.

Have you spoken directly to God?

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:19 PM
So a Klondike bar walks into a bar... And says "I require you to seek a net that can hold wind, an axe that can permanently slice water, and some other object... she lives in Springfield Illinois."

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:17 PM

So a Klondike bar walks into a bar... And says "I require you to seek a net that can hold wind, an axe that can permanently slice water, and some other object... she lives in Springfield Illinois."

I'm confused... it submitted it twice... anyways, how are your chickens doing tonight? Last I heard my stepbrother's mother's "friend" had some that were eating each other...

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:16 PM

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:16 PM

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:15 PM

Hooray for me, I'm new!

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:12 PM

Curiously how does an illiterate person know what they are typing? Don't you think the ability to read would be a prerequisite?

Copy and paste!

Look up illiteracy. You will understand it. An illiterate person will be wowed by the pictures alone. laugh Like Homer says..... Mmmmmmmm doughnuts! laugh

*Sigh* some people just don't know how to use their brains. If I say that illiterate people can put things online. And that they copy/paste. Don't you think that they would have someone else pointing their finger and directing them?

Illiteracy: Not able to read or write! What does that have to do with selecting a body of words and pasting them? CTRL + C and CTRL + V! Point and click...... I'm dumbfounded by what you replied with... shame shame!

Apples/Oranges. I can't believe I am wasting my time with this dribble.

I'm drunk, what's your excuse? PS: Another form of illiteracy! HAHAHHAHAAHAHAA

Alrighty then......

And if you ever would like to know what I'm arguing for, go back to this little... tinny tinny tinny little clue: I like to argue ;)

Now that is something to advertise on a dating site! laugh bigsmile

Does it look like I care?

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:09 PM

Curiously how does an illiterate person know what they are typing? Don't you think the ability to read would be a prerequisite?

Copy and paste!

Look up illiteracy. You will understand it. An illiterate person will be wowed by the pictures alone. laugh Like Homer says..... Mmmmmmmm doughnuts! laugh

*Sigh* some people just don't know how to use their brains. If I say that illiterate people can put things online. And that they copy/paste. Don't you think that they would have someone else pointing their finger and directing them?

Illiteracy: Not able to read or write! What does that have to do with selecting a body of words and pasting them? CTRL + C and CTRL + V! Point and click...... I'm dumbfounded by what you replied with... shame shame!

Alrighty then......

And if you ever would like to know what I'm arguing for, go back to this little... tinny tinny tinny little clue: I like to argue ;)

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:07 PM

well I am kind of with you I believe theres a god and off course there is satan but really how the **** was mary a virgin and out pops a kid there is no way every one can tell me it's a miarcle but I know people have to have sex to make a child and so on I mean I know I did not all of a sudden just pop out of the blue. plus look at the pictures people have of what god is suppose to look like he looks like he was a pot head and he is probally not a virgin.

Let me tell you how that could have happened if it did, perhaps she was abducted by aliens and inseminated and put back with her memory removed. It could happen. bigsmile

or anal!

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 08:52 PM

Copy and paste!

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 08:51 PM

well I am kind of with you I believe theres a god and off course there is satan but really how the **** was mary a virgin and out pops a kid there is no way every one can tell me it's a miarcle but I know people have to have sex to make a child and so on I mean I know I did not all of a sudden just pop out of the blue. plus look at the pictures people have of what god is suppose to look like he looks like he was a pot head and he is probally not a virgin.

Virgin might have meant "young woman" in the old tongue. But you can never know for sure... might have meant the total opposite of virgin. I bite my thumb, not in that way, but in innocence!

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 08:49 PM

If we don't need to believe in anything then it does not matter.
But I am asking: Do we need to believe in something? Do we need to find out where our heart is and what if any part of it is God?

If you don't believe in anything, what is there to life? Death? Joy? Love? Cold? A pancreas?

Dav777's photo
Mon 03/31/08 08:48 PM

don;t you just hate it when you agree with people you can't stand?

I just find ways to make them look stupid, toy with them, or argue with them... All three if possible! IDK how I look BTW...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6